Corvette daily driver

Looking for a car in the $5-10k range as a daily driver (including occassional snow). I see the advice post, but what are people's experiences? Is this a bad move? Are there better sports car picks? Should I just get a honda sedan and call it a day?

Just get a G35 or something. Those are under $10k.

>G35
Faggot

Fine. Go do cocaine in your 80's shitbox. It's your life, sir.

Cocaine and van Halen cassette is all I need

Crossfire V8 made, what? 150hp. They had a lot of electrical gremlins. Also the skip shift was irritating.

They don't have direct injection, they are garbage.

He's right, but you could TPI swap that bitch.

C4s are hard to get in and out of. The 1984 had a terrible engine. They upgraded the suspension in 1988, and modernized the interior in 1991. Then they upgraded the engine to the LT1 in 1992, which is better stock but potentially less reliable and harder to mod. You should be able to get a pristine low miles 1996 C4 for $10K, or an average 88-96 for $5K.

C5s are a lot better overall. Should be able to get a C5 for a little over $10K.

All shit because no cupholders. Get a C6.

>corvette
>shitbox

lmao kiddo, this isn't the same as your haci-roku you bought when you were 16 and influenced by memes. stop projecting kid

Literally the only thing nice about it is the engine. Prove me wrong.

C4s were the best handling non-exotic cars of the time period. They were banned from sports car racing in their class because they were OP.

Everything's nice about the car except the awful interior and some sketchy transmissions.

>of the time period
It's 2017.

>Everything's nice about the car except...

All you've said is it handled well over two decades ago. Anything else?

OP could definitely get a C5 Z06 for $10k but I dunno if it would be a good DD.

I sat in a C4 corvette one time and my fat ass barely fit in the seat. I thought I'd have more problems being 6'2" but the biggest problem was the seat being too narrow.

Do NOT get a Corvette and drive it in the snow. That is sacrilege. The fiberglass body becomes much more brittle in the cold, so it will shatter much more violently in a crash.

Just get a Subaru wagon

Cutter?

>C4s are hard to get in and out of.
Fatass detected

I'm a skinny ass. It's like climbing into a bathtub with those high door sills. Seat fits pretty well so it's comfy once you're in it.

huh?

Post your skinny ass then, big boy

You mean best handling AMERICAN cars of the time. Which honestly isn't even that bad, it probably outhandles stock C5's and C6's.

A guy I know that's a Subaru fanboy.

get one, it has a 350 so it has a huge engine aftermarket but they usually aren't too powerful (230hp) but up to 320 in some trims, you could ls swap it or i suppose if you somehow got your hands on an lt5 you could swap that, they are fiberglass so check the underbody for rust and the digital gauge cluster will usually fade out too

lol a c4 is absolutely a shitbox wtf is wrong with you?

I've gotten in and out of many corvettes in my time and it's a huge fucking hassle. They re so low to the ground and have bucket seats which make the trip to get down even lower. They aren't bad cars, tons of fun, powerful, and handle well. Just I would rather run backwards in a field of dicks than daily a corvette.

>flip-up master race
>pop-ups btfo

It's a good choice for a sports car but a bad choice for a daily driver.

Pic related - my 1996 LT4

I have no trouble getting in and out of my c4 and I'm a fatass. They're not the most sensible car to daily but I've had no trouble driving mine in LA traffic.

>Corvette
>snow

Do it. Post pics of the carnage in February.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7kXVnJOhI

Christ almight for gods sake don't get a C3 and think you are going to DD it

People who bought these new didn't get to DD them, what do you think 40 years is going to do to that trend

Shit just breaks on them, usually nothing major but they are ultra fucking finicky cars

Rear rotors need to be trued to the spindle with every pad change and its a bitch to find a place that does GOOD on car rotor turning

The vaccuum lines are a goddamn nightmare so enjoy winking frequently

C4s are also electronics gremlin factories.
If you aren't good at finding shorts and bad wiring now, you either will be or will be driving something else
Vettes aren't as awful as you think in the snow. The even weight distribution helps and as long as you have snow tires/chains you will have a better time than most. They're heavy enough to not float and have a better suspension setup to not bounce around as much as say a camaro or mustang

There's more than one Subaru fan user.