RIP USDM Fiesta ST 2014-2017

RIP USDM Fiesta ST 2014-2017

msn.com/en-us/autos/news/the-ford-fiesta-is-dead-in-america/ar-AAoGoFu?li=BBnb4R5&ocid=HPDHP

You were too good for this world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm no Ford fan but it's sad to see another fun car that's financially attainable for beginners get the axe. Rest in peace you fiery little shitbox.

>Ford a couple years ago
>"we'll basically make all of our cars global!"
>ford one generation later
>"yea sorry sales were good and everything but nevermind, we cant be assed to put in the effort anymore"
What the fuck is wrong with them?

Thats what happens when you make a car manual only in America. No one will buy it

That's a shame, desu.
Just yesterday I saw a 3dr ST Mountune. Nice car.

but why

>Not surprisingly, the Fiesta's demise in other regions comes as a result of weak sales (America's insatiable appetite for crossovers likely had something to do with it, we suspect).

Yanks don't deserve good cars.

Poor US sales.
Also the CEO that liked fun got the boot.

Reminder that the RS is also done next year and more than likey if a new one is made, wont come to the states.
I dont even like hatchbacks but they're just being retarded

Is Canada still getting it? Subcompacts and hatches sell better here.

i will listen to linkin park and suicide myself tonight

It's all Fiestas though.

Still going to be in Europe.

Not coming to US/Canada/Mexico

It's sad. They were going in the right direction too.
I should stop expecting usdm to make good decisions.

>FWD
literally who gives a fuck

You've made your bed America.

Even tho I liked the fist more than the focus st, it's still a small cramped plastic shitbox. Rather spend money elsewhere.

This is the return of the big V8 gas guzzlers to America. EV development will all but cease, more and more manufacturers will stop selling their small cars there until inevitably the gas prices start rising again and it's time to find another country to invade.

Nope, market is moving to hybrid, electric, and 4 or 3 cylinder crossovers.

How many of (YOU) bought a Fiesta ST?

Right, ZERO (0). You, the target demographic (male 18-25) did not buy the car which was quite literally tailor-made for you, right down to being affordable on even the tightest millennial budget. Now you have the nerve to write a thread lamenting its failure when YOU are the reason it died, YOU are the reason it failed, and YOU are the reason you don't get nice things. You're probably sitting there right now with the $10k Craigslist shitbox you bought instead of taking a SWEET finance deal (

>18-25
>millennial
That word doesn't mean what you think it means

My shitbox cost 27k, user.

(ME)

Nice projection m8, picture in OP is mine. :)

where you get those stuffed animal? i want some silly shit too

Bruh I drove the fist and instead of wasting $20k I bought a $2k miata that's much funner, rwd, huger aftermarket, while barely losing practicality

Meh I'm 30 and make 70± a year, I'm actually supposed to be buying a mustang or crossover if we are going by demographic breakdowns. But I prefer comfy old man sedans.

>Implying 18-25 year olds can afford to finance cars.

Right after they apply for that mortgage, and buy a $5k diamond ring for their fiancée, right?

If 18-25 year olds were the target market of the car then it deserved to die. But it's not.

Autoplush.com

>implying I'm not 28 years old with no gf and still living at home

Viper dead
Fiesta dead
Why do they tease with good cars and then take them away?

>while barely losing practicality
5 seater with hatch and fold down rear seats
vs
2 seater with a trunk big enough for 2 backpacks
Right, "barely"

Shit, wait
>comparing a brand new car to a twenty year old car
You're a retard

Firing the last CEO was a mistake.

He got fired for grabbing pussy

I test drove one but bought an Abarth instead

>buying a mid 20000s car while paying for my tuition
Uh, no.

Because performance vehicles have never been money makers, they have been a way to draw attention to a brand. These days cross media advertising campaigns do the same job a shot ton cheaper and with less consumers splattering there brains into light poles.

The reason is that people buy crossovers.
You can move to europe and buy it still or any other hot hatch.
Or mexico, they get yurops hatches too. Can you import from mexico or is that a bitch?

if it wasn't famous for being a cheap rental car then it might have made it. when the rental car companies stop buying it, sales drop.

That is millenial you faggot. Im 23 and im millenial

Lol the backseats, shit, even the front is fucking cramped as can be in a fist. Whatever, I just saved $18k and still have a better car overall. If I wanted the space I'd just buy a $3-5k sedan beater and STILL have 10-15k more than the person who bought the fist.

>Right, ZERO (0)

Suck my cock dude

>Americans won't get this car for 25 years

I did you homo

>ugly ford hatch off the streets for good

Am I supposed to be sad? Good riddance

This, if I wanted performance, I'd go with a second hand Mustang.

Looks much better too, rest in piss you ugly ass egg.

this

chebby sonic is far cuter

Chevy got memed into 'competing' in a market Ford is leaving. lol

Glad to see the fucking egg gone too.
That's worse than the FiST

>That's worse than the FiST
fuck you it's adorable

Nobody wants a Chevy hot hatch

And now chebby has the crown,

GM just played 4D chess with Ferd.

That kid is gonna grow up to be a serial killer of women

>fiesta invented the subcompact hatch

Meanwhile, the Veloster gets to continue existing.

it only gets uglier

>affordable on even the tightest millennial budget
>$20,000
AHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

>just get our new 8 yr financing goy :^)

>$20,000
>affordable

$20k is nothing you lazy millennial baby

why dont you actually work for once in your lives instead of sitting here posting your drivel here.

fuck i hate this website sometimes

why are you here then?

>20,000

That is considered a "cheap" car you poorfags.

why dont you end your life you numale millennial faggot

look at this autist having a meltdown kek

>marketing a car to literally the poorest generation since the Great Depression

Top fucking kek Ford

>why don't you kids pay for my gibmedats

fuck off boomer

No, you aren't

Half the military is driving these things. Works for us I guess.

That's because most of you are self-sufficient, have real jobs and don't flip burgers, live with Mommy and Daddy or have college debt.

Aren't the Focus and Fiesta getting major updates soon? I wouldn't be surprised if next generation STs are in development.

Both are not going to be sold in the U.S.

Burgers are only going to get the basic bitch Focus, the Fiesta is going back to Yuropistan.

I'd say this is a victory for GM.

Well fuck me, that's kind of depressing.

I was seriously considering buying one but I ended up going the WRX route instead because I didn't want a car that depreciated 50% in 2 years and was more practical/had more power.

Now I kinda feel bad - I still kind of want one.

You can kinda tell that they weren't selling, though. I could've gotten a brand new, loaded one with Recaros and Moonroof for $23k OTD in a city with some of the highest taxes in the nation. I still ended up saying "bah fuck it" when I saw a 1 year old one selling for 15k on Craigslist though.

Will this benefit resale value for North America ST owners?

>didnt want a car that depreciated 50% in 2 years
then why buy a subaru?

THe Focus ST is still being sold here right? so who gives a shit? most of the people in the market for stuff like this most likely just bought the bigger faster ST over the Fiesta and that likely helped eat away at sales.

Doubt it, seems likely to go the way of the Fiero/SRT4/Cobalt SS, remembered fondly for their performance but mostly in obscurity.

>SRT4
dude, noone cared about the neon cause it was literally a shitheap.
It was fast, but it was literal garbage on wheels.

So was the Fiesta, until the ST was launched.

Nobody ever cared about the vanilla Fiesta.

the FiST is actually reliable though

The Cobalt was shit too. My Fiesta ST is hardly refined, but my Cobalt LT was trash and had interior trim fall off in several places.

Literally comparing apples to toothpaste.

You had an LT, but not an SS.

>implying there was any real difference on the interior

Exact same interior. A fast shitheap is still a shitheap.

That's because you military guys have little/no expenses. That's why when you bitch about ""only"" making 20k a year I laugh

Bigots loved it. Finally something american to shout about when people started to talk about civics

Seriously.

My LT looked like the day I bought it when I traded it in. What was coming off of yours?

Some context would be great user.

>Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

That is an interior shot of a cobalt SS. It wasn't as bad when you were sitting in it, except for the shitty front speakers that always went in and out.

did you actually sit in a fiesta?
the inside was decent.
the srt 4 was like, just crap dude.

so we aint getting the 3 cylinder fist?
oh no

that sucks

I test drove one but bought a VW GTI instead, the FiST's aesthetics will look horribly dated in a few years time.

The Golf is gorgeous, but I don't like the GTI wheels and overall it's gotten a bit too big and heavy.

I drive a transit connect for work, the chrome on the steering wheel is retarded. Fuck anyone who approved this, it will always reflect into your eyes. Same shit on the fiesta st

Fair enough, I would have bought a hatchback WRX but I didn't want to spend >$20k or get a car with too many miles. The wheels may be over the top, but given how many times I've hit the rear passenger side rim on curbs since I bought it, they'll probably be replaced before they look too outdated. Kinda sucks that you need to upgrade the clutch plate to tune to stage 2, it adds another $1.5k that wouldn't have been necessary had I got the automatic.

I'm just gonna get the better riding Lincoln MKZ

>making 53k/yr and I'm not even a Corporal yet
>guaranteed to make 67k/yr in 2 years as long as I finish my training
>even accounting for our worthless dollar/taxes/payments I'll still be making more than US Sergeants

One of the rare moments it feels good to be a Leaf

What's a leaf?

canadian

Well, that escalated quickly.