Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General /pubgg/

archived edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9607KYVhIM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ZI5GQDbCXl7IlVCVnEA6aZVfC7NFJLBsXPIAGFMNj4/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

got rekt

Anyone run this on a gtx750? I don't mind playing on the lowest quality but I really don't want to drop too far from 60fps.

Hoooooweeeeeeeeeee

I know no one gives a shit but I bought the game today and been playing nonstop, just won my 1st game.

GTX 660
AMD FX-6300
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
SSD

I play this at 1920x1080 with textures and view distance on high, everything else on low and get 40-60

so you might have a hard time

Does the next tier of crate have better chance for better stuff or all the same?

it's all the same, better to just save up and only by the 700s unless you really want to spend currency

> last 2 first time
> ded
> oh well, next round
> last 2 again
> ded

There's no way that's going smooth, 2GB is way too little to play this game in 1080p

functions fine for me, 40 in george and 60 elsewhere
my 660 is fine, I used to stutter a ton, but once I got the cpu and ram it stopped

Alright thanks, need to look into it

whose ur fav streamer mine is lirik

900p is already hitting 2gb vram for me, so I can't play in 1080p without severe stuttering.

There's no way the game should be running smooth for you... you've done some devils magic.

I wish this game was forced first person, would objectivly be better

HARDCORE MODE

WHEN
H
E
N

at least it is confirmed to be coming

Fucking this.
first person > third person. It is just way more fun with limited view.

I don't know, then
I know my gpu runs warm like most games and otherwise doesnt have any issues

>driving along
>think a motorcycle is a bush and plow into it
>this happens

FIX THIS

>the weak should fear the strong

you can do this in custom games

Only specific streamers/communities have access to those, and I assume they'll only be available for subs.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9607KYVhIM

For people dealing with the marshmallow buildings and general random stutters on high-end computers, get smart defrag off the humble bundle for a dollar and set it to defrag and prioritize overnight.

That or get an SSD I guess. Hard drives are bottlenecking performance big time in this game.

i'll give it a try

i put most of my game library onto my HDD because my SSD didn't have nearly enough space for all of them. hopefully putting pubg on there will remove those damn stutters

why would you assume this when you could just look in game and prove yourself wrong?

The real problem with custom games is that they don't count toward stats and you don't get dress up points.

>Didn't do the spray testing while being ADS
Fuck him.

What should the devs do to make the game less of a meme past the third circle?

please explain
I understand that its legacy but what the fuck

in the comments he said there was no difference so he didn't put it in the video

Make it a box

make the final circle also a red zone to make babbies like you mad

>tfw making clutch as fuck come from behind win in duos, taking out the remaining two pairs while you and your partner have to push through the open with no meds
Based vector and frag grenades

anyone eu wanna be the last man in our squad?

add me: piranha0

Theres a lot of people who have so much money that it's meaningless

Offtopic yes but what headsets do people use?

Is there any list like this, but updated?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ZI5GQDbCXl7IlVCVnEA6aZVfC7NFJLBsXPIAGFMNj4/edit#gid=0

Is there any place selling the game cheaper? I was a mong and missed out on the GMG sale.

Post your characters

I can consistently get to top 30-20 ish but I have this problem when the circle starts to close in and your running from tree to tree where I get fired at and have no idea which direction the shots are coming from
I swear it feels like I am always getting hit from 2 sides at once or I just caan't figure out where they are
any tips?

the punk boots look fucking stupid

i just want black combat boots, is that so hard to ask?

The blood splatter when you get hit comes out of the direction where the bullet came from

like irl, it's tricky to get a bead on a long-range gunman. most people prefer compensators over flash hiders, so look in the general direction of the shots and keep an eye out for the muzzle flash. otherwise, try to juke to the closest piece of cover and scan cover in the direction of the shots for your assailant.

Often time you are being shot from 2 different sides...
But yeah, as I've said many times, the directional audio in this game is among the worst there is.

it's more that they were trying to make it realistic: you've got the bullet whiz, the sound of it hitting cover or the ground past you, and then finally the report of the gunshot reaching you slightly later, which is all very disorienting for most gamers who are used to hearing the gunshot and impact sounds at roughly the same time

The firing sound is very distinctly different from the bullet impact. The directional sounds in this game is horrible, you won't even be able to locate somebodys position in a house.

it didn't work, still getting them

although i load super fast now

anyone got sli to work?

>Battle Royale
>No Japanese school uniforms

is there an up to date damage spreadsheet for all the guns vs helmets and armor?

The only one i can find has no calculations for the vector or crossbow.

the guns change too often for any charts to be useful

Does damage decrease over distance?

I've had moments where 3-4 shots don't kill people on m4s so i have to believe so

Then again, thanks to pan autism who knows how many of my on target hits just get negated 100% as it is.

Being able to estimate how many shots someone is away from death is damn important though

More like make red zones 50% smaller, start shelling 10 seconds after it appears and make them much more frequent. Also, make the explosions capable of reducing normal houses to piles of rubble. Fuck campers.

Then you can't make it out, and you'll just die to RNG. That's the worst suggestion ever.

Make it a gas bomb, that spreads gas over an area.
Gas masks allows you to stay in it, but obstructs your vision, so you can't ADS or something.

>More like make red zones 50% smaller, start shelling 10 seconds after it appears and make them much more frequent

i'd like them to force grass rendering at all ranges so people have something to take cover in

They need to make gas grenades or make the molotovs more useful by allowing spread of fire. There would be a way to push campers out of their den.

my post doesn't dispute that

zig zag

o got it working, runs like shit either way

>finished 6th because had wrong gun out

For someone who just got the game tonight I still have a little to learn. Apparently most people play this game like retards and not a slav operator

>.05 FPS

>finish 4th because I miss about 6 shots on a stationary target

why am I so retarded

>trying to play this game on IntelHD

I'd like them to remove grass rendering at all ranges so going prone and disappearing into the aether isn't a valid strategy.

I play on low but not because of my rig. Just want the smooth frame rate. I find idiots crawling up hill sides all the time.

Also I'm stunned how easy it is to get a punching kill at the start of each match.

Why is everyone such a good shot? This is like the third time I've died from a headshot while driving very fast.

I do as well, I also have shadows disables, so people further than mid-range stick out pretty well. Doesn't help when someone's hiding prone halfway behind a tree just several meters away. They may as well be invisible for as far as my ability to see them goes.

what the fuck

literally my best duo start almost ever and this happens

i'm so pissed

>teammate literally screaming "HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU" when guy is running past
>"I know I'm reloading"
>"HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU HE'S IN FRONT OF YOU"
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP"
>"WOW MAN IT'S JUST A GAME DON'T TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY"

>spend 5 minutes waiting to actually get into the game
>run around and look for supplies
>get completely loaded up on guns and armor
>spend 10 minutes running toward the circle and looking for a car
>finally find a good place to set up camp
>get killed with a single shot from who knows where since there's almost nothing for miles
>repeat

Fun game.

That's the whole game basically, most times you won't even know the direction the shot comes from.

>I fastfall to zharki military warehouse while teammates try to get a bit more distance to the other side of town
>"is there anyone dropping with you"
>"no it's clear, no one else came here"
>a minute later I get shotgunned

are you chucklefucks blind

>blaming others when you're the one who wasn't looking
Do you also get mad at cars for running you over when you sprint across a highway?

>"good spot"
>one shotted by some shitter

I have bad news

I'm not talking about getting killed by headshot while I'm already set up, I'm talking about dying on the way there. It's pretty easy to stay out of sight as long as you can survive the fucking journey.

running directly into a military warehouse to scoop up guns while your teammates watch the skies and land further out. I was inside a building 30 seconds before they landed LOL

do you know what having friends is like?

>blames everyone else for your own mistakes
>"""friends"""
Let me guess, you queue up with random people and think that quantifies a friendship.

Everything about this post leads me to believe you're 12 years old

what? sorry i'm in discord with my mates, i came here to jokingly vent about a dumb thing that happened

lol this general sucks

>I was only pretending to be mad

it true, it true :')

2nd win finally after 50 hours.

Forced 3 guys to fight in the gas station for cover with the last one dying to the force field

youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg

threadly reminder that lirik is the best battlegrounds player and the most popular streamer ever and if ur mad ur just jelly af

why don't you just tell your friends how to abuse the games bugs so they can land faster instead of trying to make fun of them behind their backs

Same happened to my last night in a solo. Para-glided to the lobby island as someone else grabbed a boat and headed there. Snagged an SKS, killed him and stole his boat. Crashed when I was halfway back to the mainland coast, where the edge of the circle was.

based /OURGUY/ lirik

It's laughable how wrong you are. Stop playing with a shit headset.

I have a sennheiser headset, the game is shit.

>won while only looting a 1911 because circle RNG blessed me
>7 kills between pistol and grenades
>5 of the final 10 died to playzone

why is a pvp game this easy

I have a crappy corsair hs1 and even I can tell what direction shots are coming from. Perhaps you've finally starting losing your hearing. Are you the same ignorant guy from last thread who didn't understand that 7ch emulation is the same concept as the emulation you praised?

>got destroyed so bad he became an impromptu commentator for the invitational

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's no use, some people don't understand how projectile sound works in reality and are used to the shitty unrealistic directional sound found in popular shooters.

i have meme hyperx clouds and i can hear exactly where someone is if they're running and most of the time where bullets are coming from.

>got destroyed

Fake news, the game glitched out and he didn't even to spawn in. Why are there so many Scummit1g shills?

>realistic FPS combat
>can't shoot through an inch of plywood with an assault rifle

Realism is the worst meme in gaming.