2018 ferd

tfw Ford needs:
> FOUR cams
> THIRTY-TWO valves
> two sets, SIXTEEN fuel injectors
> 12:1 compression
> TEN speed trans
Just to match the SS.

The joke is, the 2018 Camaro is getting the 10-speed too - so it will have the same relative acceleration improvements.

The LT1 will be 5yo in 2018, so GM will put out the exact same engine with a fatter cam profile and make 20-30hp more to pass the new 5.0 and Hemi 392.

why didnt GM go back to the alum block based LS?

GM needs more displacement and STILL can't beat Ford at LeMans

And expect the Vette and Camaro to get higher-strung track variants like the GT350, see pic related. They already have an engine that puts down more power than the 5.2 Voodoo with basically a cam kit LT1.

>two sets, SIXTEEN fuel injectors
So is one directing injecting and the other is port injecting.

Bruh wut?
? - 1996 was LT1
1997-2014 was LS1
2014+ it's LT1 again.

97+ it stay aluminum.

i'd rather have the vetto any day of the week

im just too pissed off the Ford doesnt have a flat plain crank v8

They do, the GT350

so am i to assume the new LT5 will be DOHC alum block?

the old LT5 wasnt really that popular was it? Muh lotus
no i meant they need a v8 version of the FGT with a FPC

GM isn't very good at DOHC V8 historically, like you said the old LT5 was outsourced and the Northstar was notoriously unreliable.

Like said, they already have Ford beat. And they could always just Direct Inject the LS7 and make a 7.0L "LT7" that makes ~550hp.

freevalve ls when?

>can't even pass emissions
>t-they have ford beat!
lol

>2018 Camaro is getting the 10-speed too

The 2016 Camaro already has the 10 speed.

LOOOOOOOOL gm fangirls will defend this.

>w-we'll do better next time!
ROTFLMAO

Freindly reminder that GM has NEVER made a more powerful naturally aspirated production V8 inside a vehicle under 40k dollars brand new than 5.0L V8 in the 2018 Mustang GT.

The ZL1, yea, but at double the MSRP.

>Freindly reminder that GM has NEVER made a more powerful naturally aspirated production V8 inside a vehicle under 40k dollars brand new than 5.0L V8 in the 2018 Mustang GT.

It's the same LT1 in the Camaro that makes 460hp in the Vette, and it makes 30ft/pd more than the new 5.0. They just advertise it 455hp lol.

still doesn't make more power

>torque
>relevant

2018 Camaros even been announced yet? Just wait. Read

>Drag Strip mode

What it needs is a leaving a car show mode.

>car achieves the same as the competition using less displacement in N/A with more advanced technology

>somehow GM fags say this is a bad thing

>wasting time and money on improving a smaller engine to be just as good as a cheap as shit 5 year older and slightly larger engine

Stay BTFO gm fangirl

>R&D and improvement is bad

I mean, i dont hate Chevs but why are GM fags so fucking retarded.

It was GM that was fucking up Lotus in the development of the LT5. MUH SAME BORE N STROKE LIKE 350 SBC kept holding back lotus.

Small blocks get better mpg, sound better, are smaller, are more powerful, cheaper

It's not bad, but the Mustang used to be a cheap car. A camaro used to me a cheap car as well.
Fancy ass shit doesn't belong on cheap cars, because it means they would have to cut down everything else to keep cost down.

Now you understand why GTR vs Corvette should not only be allowed but also encouraged

>still less reliable than Toyotas

not interesting.

>Double injection >:3

>developing a better engine is bad because a rival company does it

I kinda see your point and agree, but that's not the point of discussion.

GM and Ford and in a part, dodge, want to make their pony cars into full sports cars. Not the worst thing ever, but the point about pony cars were small V8s that could turn and weren't crazy expensive.

I still hold its not a fair comparition unless they change the GTR to be RWD.

so you accept the corvette is inferior and the GTR is much better then?

Yes. I just think both vehicles could do so much better

>RWD FR 90ยบ OHV V8
>vs pigfat heavy decent car with good launch control and tranny