What does Veeky Forums know about the Amish?

What does Veeky Forums know about the Amish?

they're bearded retards who will never shitpost on the internet

Luddite weirdos who don't shitpost on our boards.

They get pictures of people's moms through the mail.

They seem surprisingly successful despite not having much technology

some of the worst shitposters here

I swear, they are worse than those pesky k*rds.

Amish pls go

are they self-sufficient?
do they trade with outsiders?

Apparently they're big time contractors all across the northeast, for construction companies and that jazz

I was told to fake working for an Amish firm of by someone online if I ever went a few years without work and wanted to appear employable; they wouldn't be able to call them because no phones. Not sure how credible that is though.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

The movement originated in Europe's Germanic parts but had to emigrate to America due to religious persecution. They still use many German words among themselves. Their religious terrorism consist of cutting off each others beards.

no
yes

I think they're pretty neat.

Assimilation isn't always necessary as long as you ain't hurtin no one

O-ok

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

they're the kindest people you ever met if you meet them honestly

how often do they interact with outsiders?

Hi there!

really good produce/milk/meat, and for quite low prices

don't really like mixing with outsiders much

really bad teeth, at least most of the ones I've seen

I admire them.

Kinda wish I could get a group of people to drop out of society with

A little strange, but I admire their dedication and industrious ways.

Plus they don't bother anyone, so that's nice.

>implying the Amish even have computers.

They're cool. My grandma has lived in the Thumb of michigan her whole life and an Amish community moved in in the 80s. I remember watching the buggies go clopping by when I sat outside taking a break from my grandfather'a wake

In my own area, you'll see them at the Farmer's market all the time. And as said, you'll find nothing but pleasant company.

They seem cool until you remember that they indoctrinate their children with all their batshit crazy cultish ideas. But individually they're perfectly nice people.

The children are given the option to leave. Sure it's indoctrination but it's not like the people are being exploited to get the great leader(s) all of your money and women.