What is the best moment you remember from driving?

what is the best moment you remember from driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/04Owb28uUYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Driving
My old mans '70 Fairlane I6 and the backroads to our house while it was being resealed.
Man that bitch had a fat ass but goodness me what a sound - my mother had no idea about those full lock slides and likely never will.

Fast forward 20 years, he has a muddingmobile Mazda version of the Suzuki escudo V6 and I finally convince him to have a drive of my NA miata (few simple mods etc).
At first he was just getting to grips with the seating height but eventually he took a corner faster than he could in the Mazda and this bigass grin stretched across his face, took him about a second to do a u-turn and try out the old back roads home, this time paved.

>most real
getting taught how to steer a dodge aspen at 8 y/o sitting on my dads lap
>most fun
stealing my parents '85 accord as a 14 y/o at night and picking up my friends

I did something illegal, but it was worth it.

So a couple years ago, some stupid bimbo in a piece of shit Honda crossover started tailgating my ass (no i wasn't driving slow), I didn't know what the deal was when she could have passed me in the other lane. Got annoyed so I switch lanes and she does the same, came to the observation that she was just fucking with my ass. So I brake checked her, made the cunt go up a curve and sped off like a little faggot.

Her car recovered unfortunately since I saw her in my rear view. After that it seemed that she just fucked off.

Turning left through a stoplight into a parking lot and getting my 85 dodge dakota totally sideways. Drifting that thing when it was rainey or icey was probably the most fun I've had driving. I liked it but even then I didn't appreciate it like I would if I had it now

The advantage of driving worthless cars is not being afraid of wrecking them. The disadvantage being you might fucking die

Donuts in my g35 in the school parking lot.

Having a actual street race with my dad through the back roads of my small town

His car: 2015 impala
The car I was driving: 2016 Buick Verano

Most fun and most memorable car related moment in my life

My first smooth downshift from 4th to 2nd

Being able to not "drive" places.

Cruising with all my friends in all our shitboxes with a slight autumn chill in the air and the leaves picking the perfect moment to blow across the road at twilight. Was pretty good.

holiday after getting my license, driving up and down some italian touge in my dad's 1.2 i3 NA shitbox wagon
unfortunately i couldn't heel and toe at that time yet
definitely would go there again

>hitting the touge with a friend
>have a AP1 S2K
>he has a corn burning legacy spec B
>I'm leading
>road forks
>left is who cares
>right is dirt road
>fuckit
>slam right
>literally leave him in my dust
>few weeks later
>doing the same near mt. st. helens
>hit a massive sweeping curve at 100+
>go perfectly sideways thru the whole thing
that S2K was magic

the best moment I can recall was when my dad was driving me in his prerunner and we jumped the glamis canal

my favorite moment with me behind the wheel was when I started pumping the cutter brakes through really long curves @ probably 100ish mph in our VW sandrail we used to have

my street car is only a 3.8l so I can't really do anything cool there lol

>Italian D
What would it be like Veeky Forums?

>tony has to get spicy meatballs to the don's mountain mansion without spilling the marinara
>he drives his papa's old fiat uno

Years ago a did a midnight run with a bunch of local miata guys from m.net. The guy that organized it planned out an awesome route around the NH coast area. We were blasting through some awesome roads and I guess someone called the cops on us and said we were street racing or some shit. They came and pulled us all over. It was funny seeing like 30 miatas pulled over by one cop car. They ended up letting us go and we continued to the coast. It was just a really fun drive.

Then we all sucked each others cocks.

slid about 40 metres while hydroplaning and had a perfrct controlled recovery

Blowing the doors off some lexus with my roadmaster.

Driving back after picking up my second car from the seller. It was the one I wanted, in the color I wanted, with the trim I wanted, and very low mileage.

Sunny saturday evening, quiet highway cruising listening to the Simple Mind cassette the guy left in the old philips desk.

As an italian i aprove this

Driving a sand rail for the first time. Just being able to go nuts without any sort of consequences was magic to me

>Fiat Uno
>Not Alfa Spider

Also

I've had a whole bunch but most recently was buying this thing with open headers and cruising home 3 hours listening to the exhaust popping and crackling when you let off, made me feel about 19 again.

Oh yeah, the last one I had, pic related, doing 40-140 pulls on I-95 with a bolt-on 90's Avenger V6 and we were door to door

working on something real quick that I hope you guys will like

KEK

>implying a humble trattoria-owner can afford an alfa
Too late, the italian approved of the uno.

Beautiful.

what do you think would happen if don's son in some ferrari would accidentally lose to tony's touge tuned punto?

when I chirped the tires shifting into 2nd in my 4 cyl '92 ranger.

>may she rest in peace

Papas meatballs better taste real good. Either that or the Don better have a daughter getting married soon.

Kek. Fucking brilliant, user.

GLORIOUS
saved

what does the door sticker say? i'm not good at italian

"Meatball shop (private vehicle)" courtesy of google translate so it's probably wrong.
Thanks m8, I saw the original prompt about the Uno and felt inspired

Ayy lmao

I have a video i can post if you can tell me how to convert it to webm from android

I had a 1999 Mercury Mystique in hogh school and during a fielfld trip day i drove seperately. The dirt roads we took were great, bus was doing 45 on curvy dirt roads and i was right on his tail

>be me
>driving to work one morning in a blizzard
>make it to this main road which is long and goes downhill
>road is icey as fuck
>going like 30 mph
>car drifting all the way down
>see big pile of snow in the middle of the road that some fucker made
>hit brakes
>brakes make screeching sound
>go right through the pile of snow
Somehow i didn't get a single scratch on the car. Luckily I was the only driver on the road.

jesus, phoneposting/10. thanks fatass fingers
>high school
>field trip

youtu.be/04Owb28uUYk

Well I done did it. If someone can convert this to webm I'd appreciate it because apparently I'm technologically illiterate

> driving around 40mph down a road
> a car slowly entering a parking lot
> another car behind it
> there's a good chunk of room between those two cars for me to pass through them
> yet that chunk of space was REALLY small
> didn't have my glasses on, was night time, couldn't calculate if I could squeeze through it cause I couldn't really see
> did it anyways, said fuck it and literally had inches of room to spare, zipped right through that small space
> two people were probably pissed at me for almost smashing into both of them
> drove off unscathed

Going to jail after going 105 with a cop

nice.

the first time I went out at night to take my MR2 to the equivalent of a touge
>I decide I want to take a drive
>it's 1am
>google maps real quick to find some fun road that is far enough away
>get in the car
>crawl out of the driveway as soft as possible
>exhaust was rusting off and making a real racket whenever you pushed it
>put on some nice chill hypnagogic vaporwave
>get on the highway
>cruising at about 70 mph
>speedo cable broke a few days ago so I was guessing
>I take in the lights through the amazing view out the car
>follow the lights through my sunroof
holy fuck it was amazingly beautiful for such a boring interstate I had driven easily 50 times before
>take my exit
>follow the road to the touge
>turn off the music, just listen to the car
>check for coppers
>make a run
>go home
dunno why, but that highway cruise was way more satisfying than the touge run
so calm, even though the car was kinda loud at 3900rpm with no real muffler

or you can drive worthless cars that you are more worried about damaging than you are your own safety, but still die anyway if you crash

When I was learning how to drive and couldn't judge distance well, I lurched the car a couple times towards the road a bit while an old landbarge guy was coming, and he jerked his landbarge towards me when he got near and it freaked me out. He gave -1 fucks about it

>when you have that twisty road to yourself
>fanging down it, throttle wide open
>braking late, brain screaming at you to slow down, you're going too quickly for the corner
>tip it in, hang off and look where you want to go, feel the bike become eager and raring to go as you roll on
>flick the bike back the other way and change sides in one fluid motion
>nail the late apex and give it the full beans
>zoom away at a million miles an hour
>set up for the next corner
>rinse and repeat, warm wash only

>driving up highway from one job site to the next in company shitbox
>look over at one of my tickets to check the address
>look up and people have slammed on their brakes and it's too late for me to brake
>yank steering wheel to the left and end up in the grass divider
>ass end swings out at 120km/h like my Chinese cartoons
>swing it back the other way and corrected it while still on the grass
>merge back onto the highway
The people I narrowly missed must have had some view of me drifting that Focus wagon pumping my fist in the air

thank you for this

Perfect.

shooting down a bird while going 55.

blasting Night Of Fire with all of my windows down whilst speeding past a massive field of almost 6,000 people

drag racing with my friends and winning with my old 70hp italian shitbox

Time I drove big sur at 4 in the morning one day and literally didn't see a single other car. It was amazing.

Taking my AE86 for one last mountain pass drive.

First drive by myself after getting my license. Had just finished getting the starter changed and it was like midnight. Felt so good driving those empty country roads in my own piece of shit with no one there to judge me

How much did you sell for?

Running over a messican

That chirp was you getting rear ended as you dropped the clutch.

I dont know if this is the best driving feel but it's quite good for me and the one I most recently remember.

>Friend and I both into motorcycles
>be bored one winter day
>decide one day to ride from LA to SD
>in pursuit of dank burritos
>we brave fury road aka the 405 south
>comfy riding in surprisingly minimal traffic
>it was a nice cool day but I had some comfy clothes on under my riding jacket
>tfw it's just you and your boy, talking about shit over intercom, straddling race bred engines

I actually crashed on the way back, fell into a pothole but whatever. Got my dank burrito and damage to the bike was only about $200 worth of plastic. Fixed it up and good as new

Winning a race against a kid from my High School who had a Turboed Volvo in my B12 Nissan Sentra (70hp GA14s engine ftw). I just blasted Max Power with all my windows down and it seemed to work.

There's a mountain pass with a nice run up and down both sides about an hour from where I live. Not very bendy but extremely scenic. Did it solo in my X1/9 with the roof off on a warm day in winter with not a single cloud in the sky. Turned my music off and just listened to the sound of the ridiculous exhaust I had on the car.

Had a buyer lined up for $7.5k, but decided to send it to a mechanic friend for a restoration instead. Couldn't deal with some rando owning it. I'll grab it from him in a couple years when I have some fucking covered parking.

295km with pic related

Everyone should drive it atleast once, pure sex for 20km.

FWD Rental car rally stage on italian gravel forest road with gnarly upward and downward spiraling chicanes. Slipping and sliding all over the place, constantly pulling it to the rev limiter, getting air.

Tell me this doesn't look like a race track.

>riding shotgun in my friends eclipse gs-t
>beat up ltd pacing us in traffic
>he moves in front
>both cars floor it
>see ltd go over railroad tracks over an incline
>suspension maxes the fuck out
>oh fuck
>grab ohshit handles
>go airborn
>catch 4 feet of air

GAS GAS GAS

>he took a corner faster than he could in the Mazda and this bigass grin stretched across his face, took him about a second to do a u-turn and try out the old back roads home, this time paved.
Good feel for your old man.

That image is aesthetic as fuck.

Doing god's work user.

Calm, smooth drives where everything comes together without any tension really have an effect on you.

First time ever on a track with my mememachine.

thats super cool user

Winning a national championship.

Probably when i was 15 without my permit. I was driving my dad's old rusty 79 pickup (when you braked , the whole thing turned to the left) on a road at night with no one else with me. (illegal) It was raining , and I had a car riding my ass down the 55 mph road. I knew a turn was coming up somewhere that took me home , but visibility was shit. If I misses it then I wouldn't know where the fuck I was. So , about 50 feet from the turn I was going about 60, I slammed on the fucking brakes sending me into a drift heading towards the turn. I drifted directly into place without a problem. Keep in mind it was just my reflexes and I had little knowledge of drifting, as i was 15.

I was driving back across the Mississipi from Keokuk IA to Macomb IL baked as faurk in my S10

I had the windows down, cruise control set at a cool 65, and Uncle Tupelo on CD
it was a particularly nice day

The right one is the 79

thanks it was very fun

Those rides just ooze comfy.

One of my best moments was back in highschool when I'd just gotten my driver's license. I was working as a dishwasher at a local tavern and the owner decided to throw the annual christmas dinner at a hotel she had in the other end of the country. Now, Denmark isn't a particularly large country, but the trip can still take around 2 hours from the middle of the main island to the south, where this hotel was.
The thing was, though, that a blizzard decided to hit the country hard that year.
They don't come often, but this was a big fucker. Basically shut down everything.
I'll never forget waking up at 7 in the morning, hungover and still a bit baked from the partying, then having a smoke on the balcony and seeing everything blanketed in shapeless white. My older brother's '86 mazda 626 I'd driven there, was almost gone in one of the drifts in the parking lot. After a quick unfucking of myself and kicking my friends out of bed, I turned on the radio to find out the blizzard would only get worse throughout the day. There would be a small window of travel while the storm gathered fresh strength from the baltic, so I quickly gulped down coffee and breakfast, then went out to clean the car and fill it up before we headed back up to mid-zeeland.
That drive might have taken most of 4 hours, but it was through tons of winding, tiny country roads, because fuck going on the freeway when there's adventure to be had. We'd stopped for junk food along the way and driving along in that toasty-warm shitbox with a belly full of food, the smell of fresh fries mingling with a tiny hint of frost as we opened the windows to let out the smoke from our ciggies... that was a wonderful sensation. One of my very first longer trips anywhere, where I was behind the wheel and I was in charge of getting us safely where we needed to be. Not to mention there was an hour or so where the sun came out and turned everything into shimmering gold and diamonds.
God, I miss that fucking car.

hitting the welsh mountain roads (akina style) is so much fun, and you're only going 10-20 over at most since the speed limit is 60 so its not really very risky and there are no police up there anyway