Have you ever slept in your car?

have you ever slept in your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVpPt8vCYRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, on road trips I either sleep in the driver's seat or in my eno.

Yeah, I was drunk one night and my drove me home in my truck. Fell asleep 4 mins later after she managed to get me in the truck.

my step mom*

I usually sleep on the passanger's seat because the pedals get on the way. At least if I'm sleeping somewhere safe and I don't have to worry about suddenly needing to turn on the car and drive off. I also had my night fap inside the car too.

once
I was in Florida visiting family, weather was absolutely miserable and the AC was broken so I couldn't sleep in the house
I went outside and slept in my car instead

many times
catch them when u can
bonus for backing in/clear forward exit when u wake up

Yeah I car camp in my wagon a lot when I'm too lazy to set up a tent. I can lay fully stretched out at 6'2'' which is nice and comfy.
Sleeping upright or even reclined in a car seat is fucking horrible unless you have 900 ways of adjustment to get it perfect.

Lived in my car for about six months. Slept Inna driver seat cus to much shit in back seat and trunk. Just got a house with saved cash this Monday

Yep, got super wasted with some mexicans and ended up passing out in my ol volvo. Battery was dead when I woke up, I think I blacked out and subsequently tried to drive home but passed out thank God

Not in my car, but my teenage self went on a road trip with my dad to pick up a boat once. The whole trip was a disaster, we didn't get the boat, and we were so late coming back we had to stop for the night. Tried to sleep at a rest stop in a 1999-ish Tacoma we borrowed, short cab with seats that didn't recline. Worst night of my life.

My dad was already dying and I don't think he ever really recovered his energy after that. I remember driving into the rising sun the next morning with both of us on zero sleep and in bad moods.

Driving back a 350z that I found for a great price in Texas back to LA. 22 hours drive. TOok a power nap in Walmart for 3 hours and finished by drive. Most uncomfortable fucking sleeping situation ever.

Do you need to crack the window open for oxygen? Or will you be ok breathing in a tiny small space for 8 hrs?
Always wondered about this
Anyone that's slept in their car what did you do?

Yes. Hurricane isaac took the power out and fuck sleeping in south louisiana in the summer with no a/c.

Three times, so far. I folded down the back seats, borrowed a cushion from my lawn chaise back home, and laid that diagonally from the rear wheel well across the folded back seats to just a bit short of one of the back doors. The first time I slept in a parking garage in Chattanooga for 4~ hours, that following night was a hotel parking lot in southern KY for 5~ hours... And then most recently, about a month ago, I overnighted for 6 hours in a parking garage for ACEN in chicago. Fuck paying $200 a night for a hotel room.

It was surprisingly comfy, if a bit noisy.

I may do it again here in about two weeks when I venture down to Georgia, if I can find a quiet shady spot where I won't back before 9am with the summer heat.

your car isn't perfectly airtight sealed, you may want to crack the windows to prevent them from fogging up, as that's a giveaway that something's going on in your car, be it drugs, steamy parking lot sex, or just someone passed out.

if the temp isn't going to change much overnight, you can get away with not cracking the windows.

My big worry was I didn't want people seeing me sleeping in my car, so that's why I picked the trunk. I don't know why, it's just a personal thing. If your seats recline far enough, I'm sure they're just as comfy, if not comfier, than my setup.

I slept in my Buick Century for a whole month when I had nowhere else to go. Comfy as shit. Also spent a night contorted inside an Audi TT with a girl.

Last summer I was driving from North Carolina to Detroit and left at 3am after working for ten hours. I made it into southern Ohio and was tired as fuck so I pulled over at a rest stop and slept for 3-4 hours in my drivers seat. Was actually a nice ~75 degree summer day and bretty comfy.

the fuck? you slept in your own trunk? i guess its better than being seen and robbed

>tt
>girl

Yeah i fall asleep on the interstate all the time.

Quite a few times. Wagons are comfy as fuck.

Does the car alarm not go off in the night?

>last winter
>going to weaboo convention
>get hotel for entire weekend (Thursday - Sunday)
>arrive on Thursday night; sign in
>"sir your hotel room is booked for tomorrow"
>made mistake with booking
>room is for Friday - Sunday
>drive is three hours.
>sleep in pic related for the night to avoid dealing with D.C traffic

Good thing I brought a sleeping bag.

Very uncomfortable sleep for a 6'2 nigga though.

I'm 6'4" I have slept in my car three times, each time was terrible, barely slept and woke up sore. Unless it's a full size van, I would rather sleep on a concrete floor in an abandoned building.

>had gf a year ago
>broke as be she liked me cause im good looking and have a big dong
>we'd make in the backseat for hours till we got tired and passed out
>done this multiple times, had a cop wake us with a flashlight at 2 in the morning and other shit
Fucked her in bed of my truck right next to the road with the bed facing the road
Pretty much doing that every night got me addicted to it, but I only miss the cuddling part.
Been over a year and I can't bring myself to get another gf

I've lived in my Safari for about 7 months. Does that count?
>I hardly miss any of it

My car? I guess maybe a few times. My work truck? Well I just woke up from a 15 minute power nap. As for full sleep, I don't have a sleeper but on 2 occasions I had to drive out once to Pittsburg and once to Maine. I'm a local driver so I'm not much used to the long trips in a truck like that. Both times it took over 5 hours to get loaded so by the time I got back to the yard it was like 1AM and I had to be in at 530. When you're that tired and a 5'10 king of manlets like me, you can get decent sleep kicking your feet upon the dash and putting a pillow in the corner by the window.

I would actually really like to know this

Yes, lots

Once I was hammered at a bush party with a huge fire and decided to move my car beside the fire so I would have more warmth when I slept. Three 6 foot+ guys sleeping in a sunfire, no homo.

Drunk me isnt always smart, but at least Ive never driven drunk.

>mandatory hairdresser joke

For 3-5 seconds at a time

>tfw 5'7"
>tfw can sleep comfortably in a 99 Corolla

Countless times for countless reasons.

>not wanting to drive drunk
>sleepy while traveling interstate
>sleeping inside because tent was too cold
>having drunk sex
>power naps up the wazoo

Yeah Im very comfy in my SUV

Keep in mind if you get wasted and pass out in your car you can still technically get a dui even if you don't have the keys on you.

Land of "freedom"

I'm a security guard, I pretty much get paid to sleep in my car.

>drinking
>sharia law

yea ive slept in every car ive ever owned other than ny evo

ive even slept in my less than a month old sc400

6'2", slept 3 times in my Jeep Wrangler during a trip to Indy. Mostly power naps since the heat got me warm, but I wouldn't recommend it for comfort's sake unless you're a manlet.

As someone that's stuck in the system over a half burned joint that was between the passenger seat and console, I can assure you it isn't the land of freedom. I don't even smoke dope. I offered to take a drug test there and then and it didn't matter.

>Received 6 months probation, court fees, jail booking fee, probation oversight fees
>Last week of probation received notice in mail my probation period was over on the 17th
>No additional instructions, just states I'm done on the 17th and I completed my probation period
>17th was before a Friday, friends put together a camping trip for me
>Ended up going camping and drinking all weekend long
>Spent a ton of time picking morels, drinking, fishing, hanging out with friends
>Monday at work PO called me and told me I'm required to go in to finalize paper work
>Tell her I received notice of my last day in mail, she responds and tells me to come in Tuesday morning
>Take Tuesday off of work and head to courthouse
>Immediately handed a piss cup
>Promptly fail for alcohol and told to wait here
>Pulled my paperwork out that I received in the mail
>Clearly states my final day, no fine print or anything
>I was then told I failed my probationary period, had to hire an attorney, again
>Because the notice in the mail wasn't signed and dated it wasn't official
>Have to pay court fees, probation oversight fees, and jail booking fees again
>30 days in jail, 12 months probation
>Required to randomly drug test twice a month, randomly, at $80 a test
>Have to see the PO every Friday for examination to make sure I'm staying out of trouble
>80 hours community service
>Required to pass an alcohol and drug counseling class

Land of "freedom"

>tfw can park nearly anywhere

/smoll/ car best car

I really hope this is fabricated.

Sounds pretty typical to me

Slept a drunk night in the passenger seat of my shitbox. It was a cool-ish night so I covered myself with what I had thought was a thin blanket, the giant sweat stain remained on the cloth seat till I got rid of it.

I've slept, jerked off, done bumps of coke, smoked weed, and gotten head from hookers in my car.

I was parked for the weed though, The rest I did when I was driving.

put a towel down and roll down the window and your good to go

My car was my home for nearly a year after moving out of my parents. Parking costs less than renting an apartment.

Did she jerk you off?

I've slept in my FJ before, and I have dark tint all around so it's almost impossible to see inside at night. Don't cops give you a hard time, though? I've considered doing this when I drive down to Florida, so I don't have to spend money on a hotel for 1 night, but I'm afraid I'll get arrested for vagrancy or some shit.

I'm a leaf. I won't last in an American prison. Your niggers are too big and violent, they frighten me.

You really wonder how people get trapped in the legal system?

Hint: It's not always being the bad guy. The good guys also don't make money unless the bad guys do something that breaks the rules.

Would you rather take $50 once from someone or $5 a week....

[spoiler] ∴ legalese [/spoiler]

There's more to your story than a half a doob in your truck. I guarantee it.

No cop would even want the fucking hassle of booking you and handling the paperwork for such a chicken shit charge.

You did something, or this wasn't your first offence, but you're not being totally honest about it.

Don't get defensive, just tell us the truth the first time. You can't expect sympathy/understanding if you lie about what landed you in this situation.

There are rest stops you can park overnight at dummy. You're allowed to sleep there

What, like along the interstate? I'll get fucking murdered by some horny trucker.

I heard that Walmart won't kick people out of parking lots, especially RV'ers, because they spend money in the store the day before/after for dinner and breakfast, supplies, etc.

Maybe I can find a 24 hour Walmart and just hide in a clothing rack and sleep.

Be me probably 23 at the time.
>camping with big group of people including best friend
>best friend brings rent
>best friend blacks out
>pisses in tent
>grab my sleeping bag and go to my 01 Honda accord coupe
>put on the heat for a few minutes
>hope no cop shows up keys in the ignition this drunk is automatic duh
>nothing happens
>turn car off and go to sleep
Found my friend deep in the woods next morning. Somehow slept like a baby in my accord and I'm pretty tall. Miss that car

Every fucking Walmart is a 24 hour Walmart you big dummy

ever heard of tinted windows? or are they illegal where you live? my are darker than most cops windows are, cant see shit when trying to look in.

>ordered by the Man to not consume drugs or alcohol for a period
>consumes drugs/alcohol in said period
>Man fucks you

Sounds about right.

Uh, no they are not.

And a lot don't allow overnight parking. Security will boot you out, even if you've bought stuff. Usually Supercenters are 24/7, but not all of them.

You've got to be baiting me m8. There are spots specifically for RVs as well. You will be absolutely fine they are rest stops cops sometimes check them as well

Where the fuck do you live where there arent Supercenters? Each of the three Walmarts within 5-10 miles of me are supercenters and I don't live in the deep south or flyover territory

>or are they illegal where you live

Not that guy, but in the shit state of Pennsylvania, unless you have a doctor's note, anything that reduces visibility is a citable offense.

I kid you not, there's not a legal standard to define it. The DoT has a reference to the darkest tint "allowed" but it's never codified into common law.

Boils down to how much shit a cop feels like giving you. It's the legal catch-all that can take away any "fruit of the poisonous tree" from "probable cause". In practicality it's treated like a secondary offense (like our seat belt law), but if put between a legal rock-and-a-hard-place a copper can always use that as a legal means of weaseling out of explaining otherwise shaky probable cause.

I'd be most worried about the cops raping me - who would I even call if they did? Exactly.

I would be traveling, so who knows what Walmart I'd end up at. Why the fuck would I sleep in the parking lot of a Walmart near my house?
God damn nigga, THINK.

Because you got kicked out or some shit happened, fuck there have been like 4-5 poster ITT who lived in their van/car near the house they grew up in like Jeff from American Dad

Keep baiting and I might do it myself you Canadian poof

He's not baiting you. He bought an FJ cruiser so that's pretty much proof of his stupidity

That's cheap shit. We have that here in Ontario, too.

The Highway Traffic Act only says "the surface of the windshield or any side window to the left or right of the driver cannot be coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view of the roadway, or obscure the view from outside to the interior of the motor vehicle". Technically ANY tint is illegal. Technically, the fucking window sticker the dealer puts in the corner to say your tires are filled with nitrogen is a violation of this horseshit rule.

It's just a "fishing" tactic cops like to have at their disposal. They haven't moved to actually codify a specific percentage, because it would remove their ability to abuse "discretion", by randomly pulling someone over for "tint violation". Then they can start fishing for all sorts of other shit. Even license plate covers are fucking illegal, yet 90% of cars have them.

That's extreme hobo shit. I'm 28 and have a job and support myself.

Promises.

also a lot of cops don't carry a window tint sensor so they won't give you a ticket for it usually, but yeah they'll use it to pull you over or give you a warning

Yeah, back in high school I'd sleep during the rest of my spares after working out.
>inb4 no one works out outside of Veeky Forums

Now I only sleep when I'm bus riding to university to save money to spend on my shitbox.

>That's extreme hobo shit
Yep
>I'm 28 and have a job and support myself
They did to, one guy posted he saved up his cash and bought a house from vandwelling

>also a lot of cops don't carry a window tint sensor so they won't give you a ticket for it usually

In PA, that minimum burden of proof is not required.

It's truly insane.

I slept in my '12 Focus hatch a few times and there was plenty of room with the rear seats folded down. And while I never slept in my NB Miata, with the passenger seat removed I can sleep fully stretched out, since I'm 5'4"

no because my only car is a miata and i'm 6' 4"

It was really comfy, actually. I had the chaise cushion so it felt just as cozy as dozing off on my couch at home.
it depends entirely on where you sleep. all three times were parking garages next to hotels, so I didn't receive any grief. The other thing though is that depending on your window tint and where you park, attendants may shine a light through your windows to look for your parking tickets to make sure you're supposed to be there.
I do a decent amount of traveling, I've done 8 states in the past 3 months, and as much as tint would be helpful on eye strain, I really don't want to have anything that makes my commuterbox look anything other than 100% monotonous. Better to sleep out of sight in a boring car than to draw attention.

You know what, fuck it, I've done it near a half dozen times, I consider myself an expert, let's do it.

So you consider yourself a poorfag? Don't want to cough up money on a roadtrip for a hotel, or you've been kicked out of the house for the night? Homeless but have your wheels? This is the guide for you.

>Step 1: Location
Location is everything. Sleeping in the parking lot of a 24 hour convenience store is going to bite you in the ass. Car horns, vagrants, perhaps even people trying to break into your car. No no.
Pick something inconspicuous, my personal favorite is hotel parking lots or parking garages. If it's summer, you'll want to either be up and out before it gets hot or you'll want something shaded.You don't want to wake up at 9 in the morning to a car that is roasting in the summer.
Don't pick anything that'll draw attention, like a bank on a weekend, or that's hourly, like a downtown parking lot. You will get bitten in the ass, and depending on your area, there are ordinances against sleeping in cars, and you want to avoid the police as much as possible.

>Step 2: Getting /comfy/
I pack a full body lawn chair cushion in my trunk, when I sleep, I lay it from my trunk through my folded over passenger seats, and it's just like sleeping on my couch at home. Not the best, but miles better than sleeping in the open or even in my driver's seat. If you have comfier seats or a luxury car this might be another story, but I sleep in the back of the car. You will want to crack the windows regardless, as generally your body heat will cause the windows to fog up, which is a dead giveaway that not all is as it seems to any pedestrians or police. If it's going to be exceedingly hot, tough luck, go to bed earlier the following night. If it's going to be super cold, make the crack as tiny as possible and bundle up. I've slept in my car in 3 C (40F) before with cracked windows and a single blanket, and while a bit chilly, it was manageable.

1/2, cont.

I really, really like this picture

2/2

>Step 3: Avoiding detection
You have a nice location, you have a way to get comfy and sleep, but now you need to stop people from interrupting your sleep. You can tint your windows, you can hang stuff in front of your windows (Amazon has cheap car blinds for $5 a piece for example), or in my case, I sleep out of sight, in my trunk. All of the above steps are useless if someone is waking you up every 30 minutes in case they think you ODed or something.

>Step 4: The morning after
Depending on where you slept, if it's an hourly parking garage, you may want to be out by a certain time, or if it's a hotel, out before checkout time (on a Sunday for example), to avoid suspicion. Another reason to favor hotels is if you walk in and act like you belong, you can partake of their open lobby restrooms to freshen up.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the local laws as far as vagrancy and window tinting and all other sorts of loitering and whatever a particularly angsty police officer would want to throw at you, but it's really not that difficult, you only need be sufficiently tired to pass out in your car.

yes, i lived in my car for a year. Whats it to you faggot? Fight me irl.

Yes, it's max comfy.

I fell asleep after driving all night and running out of gas in a gas station while waiting for it to open so i could pay cash

what car is this? I've been looking for a wagon and this looks pretty mint

i'm 6' and I take 1-2 hour naps in my sixth gen mirage hatchback

99-00 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

1998 Subaru Legacy GT, they made them from 1995-99. Try to get a GT trim if you can find one. Either get a 2.2, or a 2.5 ONLY if the headgaskets have already been done with OEM parts, or it's sufficiently cheap enough but they haven't been done. (

>headgaskets at 176k, which only cost me $400 in parts

Not a subaru guy, but how? Seems like a lot, or were there some "while it's open..." type jobs in there as well?

$80 for the OEM headgasket kit, a fuckton of brake cleaner and shop towels, about $150 for the machine shop to resurface the heads, about $100 thrown at my uncle because he helped me a bit, about $50 for new oil/filter and coolant, and $15 for the OEM power steering pump rebuild kit.

congrats bro, hope things work out for you

Yeah; it's almost as comfortable as sleeping on a recliner, in my Honda Accord.

The op pic was how I would sleep, except without a pillow.

I was amazed in how well rested I was the first time I've done it.

6'5"
Lived in my Jeep ZJ for almost 3 years, sleeping in the drivers seat

Pretty comfy, and saved up $100k

>forget the lights on the car
>came back and battery is ded
>call the insurance, they will send a guy in like 2 hours
>cold as fuck so i get inside and make myself as comfy as i can
>suddently TAP TAP TAP
>look to the left and i have the face of the insurance guy on the other side of the window
>3-ish hours passed just like that
>charge the piece of shit and go home

Not the best experience, and not the best car to sleep in.

Lots of times. My Accent was the most comfortable to sleep in because the driver's seat would recline nearly flat so I could lay my head almost on the back seat and be pretty comfortable. My Challengers were horrible to sleep in because even reclined the seat has a huge hump in it. I probably should have tried to climb into the backseat but was too tired to give a shit.

Walmart parking lots are good, as are rest stops. If it's daytime any grocery store parking lot will work.

Ditto user besides the dong

had a mate and his missus sleep in his car during a camping trip, car alarm went off after some squeaking

had to sleep sometimes when i was too drunk to drive and waited until morning

youtube.com/watch?v=BVpPt8vCYRQ

>slept while driving

I've always kinda wondered if just buying a nice car and living in it was worth it. But i never thought about needing to carry around my shit. Congrats user.

I've taken naps in my Miata. Very comfy.

yes it does, I've had that happen many times so I found a workaround, i open a door, lock the car and then close the door. for some reason the alarm does not auto-engage that way. but i guess that kind of thing is different for every car.
Before finding this out i would be woken up multiple times. i had to sleep with my finger in the unlock button

just sleep in the passenger seat and leave the keys in sight, that way they can't charge you

>drugs in your car
>n-not mine officer i don't even smoke dope

hmm

Tried. Alarm went off, got sick of trying to disable it, slept indoors on concrete instead.