Hey Veeky Forums, whats the best handling car, and why is it the miata?

Hey Veeky Forums, whats the best handling car, and why is it the miata?

narrow car short wheelbase
get back on the bus jerome

Miata was designed to handle well while the driver was being fucked in the ass by another man

>presses like
THANK YOU MAGNIFICENT MIATA

I once drove an OG mini cooper. Steering was so tight that I felt like I could just point and say "go that way" and it would.

thank you magnificent miata

do they really handle that great?
>THANK YOU MAGNIFICENT MIATA

It's a very good handling car but I will never say it's the best because there are so many better handling car. Maybe the best for the money but its a fucking meme car now.

>BUT MUH 50/50 WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION

does it though?

it's light weight and low to the ground with next to no power.
it's designed to make you feel like Michael Schumacher while going around a corner at 20km/h

can you name some production cars that handle well, not being contrary or meming, just wanna know more. Driven an NB and an ND and they're the funnest things I have driven next to maybe a gocart.

What's with all the non-ironic facebookposting here?

>Trackday Miata

My sides just set a new record at the nurburgring

Handling is somewhat subjective but my big problem with the NA/NB is that its a 4 lug pattern. You can get spacers for it though but I never would want to use spacers on wheels. The Mercedes C(depending on year) and BMW 3 series handle really well also the 370z and it has a huge aftermarket. They all have 5 lug patterns which you can fit thicc wheels on. I also thought you were just talking about the NA/NB which the NC/ND are fine. Don't forget the s2000 but it has the meme tax on it.

you can get thicc wheels for miat.
I'm running 8.5" et13's on my mrs
miats, MRS, ae86, gt86, almost everything from lotus, mini cooper original, cibic hatches

GT86, no memeing. That car was literally designed to handle well as an RWD.

>THANK YOU MAGNIFICENT MIATA
Thanks for all the joy you bring me in corners.

Is Miata the male equivalent of Fiat 500? Is it an RWD equivalent of a Twingo?

Because it's soo slow that it's barely possible to lose grip

Thank you magnificent miata

nothing feels better than having some 500hp car on your ass, outhandling it in tigh twisties in your sub 150hp jap featherweight with sub 2.0l engine and waving it to pass you once it catches you on straight.
Any retard can hold down a pedal.

Is Miata the new AE86?

More so than you'd think.

While the engine is weak af stock it vs be tuned to as much no as you'd want from a car like this. The only thing that doesn't make it a direct ae86 equivalent is the lack of back seats and a hatchback.

thank you magnificent miata :)

Thank you magnificent miata!

miata, rx7, gt86 are all great handling platforms

every decent car is a fucking meme car now

>designed to make you feel like Schumacher

Sorry, I don't feel like a vegetable around corners.

Since most really cheap options have already been mentioned, Porsche Boxster.

there may be cars that are more controllable at extremes than a Miata, but there is nothing that actually corners as well.
Most cars in the same weight class are FWD and can't be steered with the throttle like an NB with a Torsen. That shit will literally turn on a dime, Macross Zero style.

I was behind a BMW at a stop light yesterday and we were both trying to make a U-turn.
The NB's turning circle is so sharp, plus it's easy to rotate with throttle, so I ended up overtaking the BMW in the middle of the U-turn.

Thank you MX-5

THANK YOU MAGNIFICENT MIATA

Thank you magnificent miata

Good MR cars can handle better.
Boxster and cayman but even a mr2 (though the cheaper suspension means they're not as good on rough or bumpy surfaces)

Miata is a good car but has a toxic fanbase.

Good car

>$3-5k for a miata
>$20-25k for a GT86 that handles only slightly better

E36 M3 handles better. I've owned both.

agreed 100%
FR might be easier to drive an more fun in some opinions but MR is objectively superior and faster on the track. there's a reason the fastest cars in the world and F1 cars are setup like so.

Thank You Magnificent Miata