Dieselgate

>reuters.com/article/us-germany-emissions-cartel-idUSKBN1A90RP
The plot thickens, turns out it's not just VW but also Daimler and BMW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgO0ir7DPLc
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking kek

Well im gonna hold onto my 1.8t 2004 jetta shitbox in this case.

I either get a beater or a paycheck if it runs deep enough.

Nothing new there, GM, Ford and Jeep have also been caught cheating. VW turns out to be the cleanest brand, but they have the most money making them the prime target in the US/EU financial cold war.

lel, funniest thing is I also made the uma delicia thread about the crap that some brands sell in South America, notably VW and Renault. Best one is PSA by far but FCA isn't too bad.

Surprised? VW would never be innovative, even in illegal tech. If VW did it, others did it better.

/thread

at least its low co2 right ?

Low CO2, high NOx.
Why murriclaps care about NOx is beyond me, since CO2 is what really fucks up the planet.

When literally everyone has to cheat your emissions testing, maybe the problem isn't the cars, but how strict you are.

so just lower the limits then.

>muh lung diseases
>muh global warming

NOx breaks down ozone. It's also a major component of smog, it's responsible for the brown colour of smog which renders the skies of Southern California so attractive.

How does this effect me as a consumer?
protip: it doesn't

the cartel stuff has absolutely nothing to do with emissions. VW, MB and BMW use three completely different technologies anyway.

also
>dieselfiat too stupid to understand the relation between co2 and nox

>muh mpg
>muh blue piss water

I drive a hybrid, thank me for caring about your lungs

How about you just fuck off? Your car probably pollutes way more than mine.

how about you read a book or GTFO of this board you braindead moor.

>says the amerimutt

You're a cunt

Everybody does it

I worked on the engineering team that developed "exhaust intakes" to fuck with the exhaust sensors

>just mix exhaust gas with fresh air

this lol, regulations are so strict they do nothing to improve those problems because manufacturers go around them anyways
regulations are a spook

>things that never happened

>yuropoors are willingly gassing themselves

>not posting the original and spicier version

The biggest spook of all is spooks being a real thing and not just a Veeky Forums meme.

>Doesn't understand that just about every major manufacturer cheats emissions

When will people admit that cars aren't the problem, it's overpopulation.

ugh.... spook means nigger eurofag

fuck off. its not poisonous.

The who point of spooks is that they aren't a real thing, hence why they're spooks.

There's Stirner in the post I replied to.
>I don't like it=it's a spook
Everything is a spook for you retards.

>implying I wasn't ironically memeing
if anything is a spook it's regulations that aren't effectively enforced tho

>I don't like it=it's a spook
that's not how it works even if the idea of spooks is retarded user :^)
I agree that Stirner was a hack, but Stirner memes are just too funny to refrain from posting them. Also it's enjoyable how assblasted he made Marx lol.

This so much. Normies eat up the news but this is closer to the truth.

>Tfw you really wanted a TDI and still do because Golf a best but gas engine a shit

Moron

I suggest you follow your own advice man

Fuck you

Krauts and corruption go hand in hand

Germany strikes again

but VAG has literally become the kikes

So, how will this effect prices?

>effect
you mean affect

>muh tractor noises

>he believes this

M8, when the dieselgate shit happened VAG managed to increase the sales while the lobotomized fanbase/customers reacted the same way as the Tesla fanbase did: IT'S FAKE NEWS!!1!one!11!

In my country VAG group is so marketed on public/private tv, magazines (every car magazines is basically printed on VAG spots and bought "reviews") and so on...people keep buying them and the worst thing is that once you find them on the road they're so aggressive and drive like criminals because they think they have a god machine under their asses so they're better and manlier than every other car and people inside...and this is also the reason why these pieces of shit are the ones flashing and tailgating you on every kind of road.

German cars should be banned with every person responsible for the whole worldwide car market corruption gassed.

what's your country? Because here in Spain people were furious about having their engines drop a lot in horsepower with the repros to meet standards.

Italy.

Not a single fuck here complained about power loss, not a single one of them asked himself how's possible to fix an Euro 0 engine with 2 lines of code and why VAG didn't do it instead of starting the dieselgate scandal.

There was a time when Italy was the country of cars and engines...those were good times...

well, it's kinda coming back tbqh

Not if you look at the laws and regulations.
Granted it's not as bad as some other countries, but Italy has fallen a long way down.

If you only could see all the hate and bullshit puked on that car, from Italian citizens (the ones who at least should be patriots enough to defend a real Alfa Romeo since a long time)...mostly because said corrupted medias and automotive (((journalists))) here are sold to german cars and even if they can't lie about the Giulia (it has indeed high ratings and "stars" in their reviews) they still manage to write well clear that this car is inferior to the German rivals, even if when you look at the figures they measured the Giulia is faster/better without doubt.

It's pure cancer, like the european engine of the year where the Giulia 2.9 V6 didn't win in its own category...they rated it 3rd behind the Porsche 6 cylinders that is worse in every aspect.

I feel like I'll shortly give up being a car enthusiast, there's no reason to poisoning my blood day after day.

Is that you italybro, the guy who made numerous OCs?
I saw an article in the Spanish AutoBild the other day, Q7 vs Volvo XC90. They basically pretended they were equals although it's obvious to anyone that the XC90 is superior, and they even kind of admit it, but wording it in a way that avoids making the Q7 look bad. Auto journalism is a joke.

the Giulia is not that great. Just because it's the first good Alfa since the last 30 years doesn't instantly make it better than the competition.
The car was very rushed - it was built from scratch in mere 1.5 years, there was not enough time to refine it completely.

>doesn't instantly make it better than the competition.
Nope, beating everyone else is what makes it better than the competition

spooooooky spooks spooking spooks

Yeah, it's me.

>AutoBild
>German presse

That's the main problem, if they're not paid by german marketing they're all german owned magazines.

The Spanish edition is called AutoBild which is recognizable at first sight, but when you change country and go to, let's say, the UK...Auto Express is your source of german paid reviews.

A classic: youtube.com/watch?v=rgO0ir7DPLc

Notice how they did the impossible to let the Alfa lose the race (take a look at the fuel gauges) and how they managed to edit the video to fuck up with the times...also the 4C was not in Race mode (like they also do with the Giulia Quadrifoglio lapping it in Dynamic mode which doesn't unleash the engine's full potential).

>there was not enough time to refine it completely
Then either FCA's engineers truly are the greatest on the planet or Germany's are utterly incompetent, because the Giulia beats all of its competitors in every single way.

>is not that great
>still manages to blow its established competition
Really makes you think.

While I agree with you that the car is not perfect and better in every aspect, I can safely say that the Giulia beats every German cars in many things they're good at, depending on the brand:

>in being comfortable (the Giulia, even the Quadrifoglio, has been rated as the most comfortable with the more refined suspension setup)

>in being fun and precise to drive (nothing to say: perfect steering and overall setup, also the lightest apart from the Quadrifoglio model)

It's not the most luxurious but it has been said that quality wise is better than a 3 Series, so it's a premium car and no one can say the opposite.

I drove the car and I can confirm everything, here where I live (Milano) day after day we can see a lot of new Giulia, however I know that the interior could use some more attention do detail.

The Stelvio from this point of view fixed what I didn't like in the Giulia cabin, and I'm 100% sure that when it's restyling time for the Giulia it'll receive all these fixes plus electrical and technological goodies such as LED headlights.

To me, my personal opinion, the car is good and I drive an F-Sport Lexus IS 300h, so I'm familiar with the market in this segment.

CO2 isn't poisonous. Infact you release every breathe you take.
There is literally nothing wrong with CO2, it's heavier than air, and it's what plants crave.
NO is most definitely not what anything living craves, is lighter than air, and is destroys O3, which is important to our atmosphere.

Not wanting to talk it right but emission test spoofing has been practiced for decades both for gasoline and diesel from all car manufacturers. They just have been lobbying and paying too much so politicians in both the EU and US didnt feel a need to pick up the issue.

And now after the financial crises, and the America 1st fire that has been burning long before Donald made it into another Trump brand. It became sexy in the US public eye to go hardball vs big foreign corporations first some banks now car manufacturers while at the same time handling US corporation with a kid glove when scandals treaten to arise. With the EU getting disgruntled they are starting to do the same with US corporations (like Google at the moment). Trowing shit over the Atlantic monkey fence.

Although i literally just skipped another lease VW because of the scandal, i know its a political populist (borderline) corporate corruption thing that has been going on. And i know the Volvo that I drive now is way more polluting compared to the stats in the user manual.

From the Volvo group lel

Oh look, another fucking moron who knows absolutely nothing about air pollution.

kek

I've driven the Giulia Q, C63, M4.
The interior is definitely lacking, it's notably worse than Audi, BMW and Benz in terms of fit and finish.
Ride quality is pretty good, not as good as the C63 but softer than the M3.
In terms of fun - the Giulias differential is not set up for drifts and burnouts so if you're looking for a proper hoon mobile you should get the M3.
Also the M3 with Competition Pack appears to be faster on every track comparison. The Giulia does beat the base M3 on track though.

and even though i've only driven the M4 the M4 is identical to the M3 so there's no difference in terms of quality and handling

>The Stelvio from this point of view fixed what I didn't like in the Giulia cabin
aren't they the same inside?

>Also the M3 with Competition Pack appears to be faster on every track comparison. The Giulia does beat the base M3 on track though.
umm, sweetie, the Giulia was faster on the same day on the same track as tested by Motor Trend

They're similar but there are some differences, especially in plastics and some little trim.

Things that you won't notice with photos.

Is the "my name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everyone calls me Giogio" platform the greatest breakthrough in the recent history of automotive engineering?

Take note VAGcucks, this is how you do an interior.

look up Motor Trends ignition, it was slower than the M3 CP
the interior is definitely good looking (besides the dildo shifter)
i only wish the interior build quality was at least on par with the 3 series or A4

Oh I see the screen changed for example

>look up Motor Trends ignition, it was slower than the M3 CP
Driver fault
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk
9:32. Braking too much and taking the curve too tight, that's what put the Giulia in second place. It was first for almost the whole lap.

maybe it was drivers fault in the M3 in the first MT review too?
Anyway I can find at least 7 track comparisons where the M3 CP wins over the Giulia and maybe 3 reviews where the Giulia wins, and i've seen literally every review in every language you can find on the net lol.

Well, I don't understand how many people say that this car is ugly...

My dick definitely wants to see the video too.

>Anyway I can find at least 7 track comparisons where the M3 CP wins over the Giulia
with video? same conditions?

videos and magazines. same day same driver same track.
if you want i'll look them up

>infotainment system copied from bmw

WHAT?? They're both produced by Magneti Marelli, which is FCA itself...

>Gauges rip off from Audi

See pic related (8C)

Sorry guys but it's when I hear these kind of bullshits that I automatically don't trust the review and the lap time...

that's pretty stupid though because Motor Trend is one of the reviewers who actually love the Giulia and prefer it over the Germans.
It's just dumb to ignore all the Alfas faults and problems, no car is perfect.

>no car is perfect
The Giulia comes damn close.

it's actually the stereotypical "imperfect" italian car lol.

I'm not saying that I'm ignoring that specific review, because I watched all the video and they talk absolutely well about the car, they're implying that the Giulia is a better car than the M3 CP (apart from the lap times), but if you like the car and are an objective journalist you can't get away with saying bullshit like "Alfa copied from Bmw etc..".

Remember that me and you are car enthusiasts and are informed about the industry, but the rest of the people who hear that things process the information in a different way, especially the haters/memesters and idiots.

Take a look at the keywords in that review, for a moment:

"The gauges are an Audi rip-off" , "The infotainment is copied from Bmw" , "There's no shame in copying from the best".

>copying from the best
>German cars are the best possible
>Let's ignore the fact that "the best" is produced by Alfa Romeo as part of Fiat and FCA, since the infotainment comes from the Italian Magneti Marelli and the so called Audi rip-off gauges has already been seen in the 8C

People will think that no matter how hard other brands try, German cars reign supreme and other products are copycats.

That's not different from what happens with Apple products, since every phone coming out is according to (((journalists))) an iPhone copy, even in design.

Why buying the copy (even if it's better) when I can buy the original and be an alpha male?

>Not if you look at the laws and regulations.

It's EU,
fuck EU,
this house of cards need to crumble fast,
if they get their EU army shit might be bad

plus the Giulia has actual gauges instead of the meme screen on the Audis so it's even more retarded to say "Audi copy"

>Alfa Romeo 159
>copied from Audi

God that front grill is so retarded.

fucking kek

So does any VW diesel shit out as much particles or trash as the average US pickup car?

I bet the VW with the worst emissions still is cleaner than the average american lard carrier.

>So does any VW diesel shit out as much particles or trash as the average US pickup car?

No, even the worst is still better than the Focus or Fusion never mind the pickups.

So what should be done is that EU investigate on every american car brand and put them in 169 years of prison like they are trying to do to the old VW CEO, because we all know every single fucking one puts out false emmision tests.

found the VAG fangirl. Also stop samefagging, it's too obvious by now.

You're mixing things up. This has little to do with emissions and is about price agreements.

It's pretty retarded from them to say anything about the gauge cluster.
Those "binocular" gauges were always an Alfa tradition. Hell, even Fiats have them.

Can VW just fall over and die already

>own almost almost double as many cars as Europeans
>burn almost double as much fuel as the average car in Europe
>drive double as far a year as Europeans
>emissions testing non-existent for half the population, ineffective and easily bypassed for the other half
>higher pollution levels than Europe despite far lower population density
>THOSE EVIL EUROPEANS