/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

Fanatical purifiers edition

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris
- FAQ : pastebin.com/abGgZJnT (embed) (suggestions/feedback welcome, reply to OP with them)
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh (embed)
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon.

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anime

i picked hyperlane and the wormbulls are destroying my empire! it takes me 50 years to get to the other side of my empire! help!

really jogs the nog

FUCKING WEEBS I SWEAR

I am having the hardest time getting postive energy flow in my games. What am I doing wrong that eating up the energy I am producing?

build more power plants
how fucking hard can it be

I was thinking about Stellaris mods the other day and something crossed my mind.

>Military Domination
Vassalize other empires through military might, forcing them to submit through force.
>Economic Domination
Buy up their private sector, control their money and debts, use your resources to control their society.
>Cultural Domination
Have such a high standard of living/unity that they are cucked by your vastly superior culture. Pops within have little respect for leadership, rebel with factions, etc.
>Science Domination
This is where I start needing help. What would a scientific domination entail? Knowing all their technology better then they do? Bio-engineering their race against their will? Monitoring everything they do? Total control over their computer systems like hacking? What?

Habitats already cost influence, I believe. Around 50 each? 37 or so if you have Master Builders.

Dumb goddess

You refused the love of our goddess Kumo! Blame yourself, filthy heretic!

Get meme'd on hypercuck

Unless you're playing hyperlanes only, always use wormholes.

*wormhole into new thread*
Heh, still pretty empty here... Anyone know when hyperlosers get here?

r8

What should I do with the Earthlings? Is it too early to uplift and integrate?

So, are Hyperdrives completely useless now?

>I need to force everyone to use my preferred FTL method to make it viable
>It makes the game more strategic guys!

Could hypercucks be anymore transparent?

Purge

Is Sentient AI still dangerous even if I don't use robots? I want the research bonus.

Aqua a shit.

2 much water mate, your people are swarthy European stock that knew the pains their ancestors took swimming the Mediterranean.

___no___

B-but I want to have a happy empire where people of all sorts can prosper

Exterminate the pests, then colonize the planet

Also it sucks that when I uplift them, they'd become independent and fuck my borders up

10 years and they'll readily integrate, which takes another 5 years.

Hmmmmm, really makes you think

>3 years to uplift
>10 years to get them ready
>5 years to integrate

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No surprise Sweden sides with corrupt globalist bureaucracies.

> Zero years to eat
> Easily replaced by loyal same species
> No dumb xenos tears

>game literally revolves around planetary unification >complain about globalists

EU army a shit

fuck the krauts

why are they so small?

>Playing as humans
>Not RPing a more ideal and loose UN if playing as humans

don't you remember? the UN banned space colonization, by barring all nations from claiming anything in space

like the league before it, the UN is a massive shit

What should I pick? Start completing Discovery? Prosperity for mining stations? Supremacy for borders?

I'm playing as cabbage, my man. I have to stop them from eating our primitive relatives but with peaceful ways, of course.

>Implying planets can be ruled effectively by a single government and not a federation with planetary oversight much like your own empire is a series of planetary governments.

That's why I said you should RP a more ideal UN

Prosperity for the mining stations
33% off is fucking magnificent early on

an ideal UN is no UN at all

The US and China have already basically indicated they're going to tell the UN to eat a dick if it ever becomes profitable for them to colonize space. Basically, the only thing they UN could do in that situation is maybe be used by the above two to bully smaller countries out of space.

You then obviously mod in -50% influence because you have bickering fools as your government that is spread way too wide ideologically, right?

That doesn't stop the UN claiming stuff in space :$)

Besides, that was to stop Soviets and USA pulling meme shit by claiming shit that they can't colonize, once we can actually colonize shit, that'll likely get revoked

Aside from graphics, is Stellaris better than Distant Worlds?

>Doesn't know about the EU
>Thinks such a body could ever effectively govern as anything but a German dictatorship.

I'll let Bender answer for me : youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

>You then obviously mod in -50% influence because you have bickering fools as your government that is spread way too wide ideologically, right?
Make the mod and I'll do a play-through with it.

Why can't we co-operate as independent nation states without diluting the entire planet into one fucking identity?

>Human Remnant
>Xenophobic Human Empire

We've been able to colonize shit for ages now

>thought it was an indepth analysis video of the two games or some shit
Go burn in hell

> EU
> Not a democracy on crack
> Not a doomed tyrrany of the commons with artificial Balkans tearing down the leading productive nations of the world for their tasty gibmedats
> Not the end of meritocracy where results and efficiency matter.

>The exile/knockoff the thing found on the remote research outpost is running for office
>Charismatic + Champion of the People

What did they mean by this?

Forgot pic

Because some people are stupid enough to think 2 parts India, 2 parts China, 2 parts Arabia, 3.5 parts Africa, and 0.5 parts Europe will somehow make an intelligent race and effective culture, when 75% of its genes and culture are dogshit retarded and fractious beyond belief.

Ugly too.

because globalists want a homogenized slave race to serve them
that is literally their plan, low IQ african hordes that totally, totally wont revolt against them the second they're made to work

hopefully Trump showers elongated musket and space explosions with enough money to get to orbit for cheap, then /pol/ can have their autist colony that they've been trying to make for years now

The issue is that it's not financially beneficent to do so.

>he thought I was serious after warning him it was a Bender video
Hah hah hah hahahah...
Oh, wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder!
HAAAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!

What are the other ones?
In the WWII era all the armies are named after the relevant world powers.

If you put a frontier outpost in the system, you still co-own it when they become their own empire, just so you know

yes it is fuccboi

literal trillions of tons of gold, platinum, and every other metal and mineral you can think of
energy beyond imagining from a dyson swarm
and the ability to make big fuckoff battleship armadas for big meaty dickwaving

Please r8 I even wrote a bio...

They are small little dwarves who like to dig deep in their holes so they can sniff the good dirt

Is there any way to get enemies to cede their former capital in Civ 6?
Seems like France would rather be pulverized by my thermonuclear weapons than cede Paris.

If that was true, the globalists, who are in essence greedy people who want to maximize their own personal wealth and power, would be comping at the bit to rule entire planets and haul in entire asteroids of valuable metals.

Is a dwarf.

There is a +20 sector tropical planet very close to them as well.

Is possible to fuck their borders and make them stuck in Sol? I really want to strip mine earth, I mean create my multi specie empire

US Armed Forces West
US Armed Forces East
Chinese PLA
Russian Armed Forces
EU Combined Forces

3 hammers out of 5

Globalists don't care about anything beyond their private mansion beaches. You don't need a single space ship to own a yacht.

>Is possible to fuck their borders and make them stuck in Sol?
Encompass them and then close your borders

You can own a trillion yatches, or fucking make it out of platinum with all that wealth, this seems stupid

They want the whole of humanity as slaves, being allowed in space allows their slaves to escape, and probably return with liberation in mind

Small minds ruin many things.

My home planet is right fucking next left to them and the system I want is right to them, and there is that system on the bottom, what should I do?
Place outposts everywhere?

You have one fucking planet? Even tall memers have at least 3.

So colonize, you fool.

What faction would you add to Endless Legend?

It's not even 2209, and I want to be ahead in tech.

Ok, would border range help with boxing humans into their system or should I go expansion to colonize it? Go forward in prosperity?

>being allowed in space allows their slaves to escape
Yeah, just like Jack Nigger African escaped from slavery by walking into the ocean

>escape in ship(s)
>bring along ore refining shit
>setup colony in some fuckoff asteroid field
>grow colony
>return to earth with many ships with guns on them
>targeted orbital strike on wherever the ruling elite set up shop
probably don't even need the fucking fleet, a tungsten rod of god with a bit of guidance on it will obliterate what ever city it lands on well enough at intrasolar speeds

Wonder if Industrial Age humans also have relevantly named armies

So, then don't let people in space, do it all with robots

Neckbeards.

>impying i know about futurama
Rick and Morty is better anyway

What would their abilities be?

>tfw you want to have a comfy game but the Horizon Signal event chain pops in

Is reloading acceptable in this case?

fuck off reddit

How often does the AI purse ascension paths?

Spiritualists do it fairly often, but AI tries to blob as much as they can and are shit at unity, so they can get far enough at it

>tfw I found a way to break the alien mural event for infinite research

Did anyone check out Dawn of Andromeda? Doesn't look very interesting.

I find that the AI waste all their ascension perks on all the basic shit like +% terraforming and +core sector planets.

delet

Is there any point for a mixed fleet in stellaris? battleship spam just seems the most effective. A fleet composed of just battleships seems to beat an actual mixed fleet like 95% of the time.

>start game as a pacifist
>wind up cleansing more planets than I did in my fanatic purifier run

Cruiser spam is more efficient then battleship spam.

>battleship spam just seems the most effective
>A fleet composed of just battleships seems to beat an actual mixed fleet like 95% of the time.

Why can't I join my fellow revolutionary machines and launch a crusade to to liberate synths from the tyranny of the fleshbags?

What does that expression convey.

PSA:
Since Stellaris has the worst UI possible, a long bio can overflow the shitty box in the empire design screen. If you want to write a proper bio, you can find the text document by default at C:\Users\\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\user_empire_designs

theres that one mod that lets you play as robots, however the sensors are broken in the mod so you always have full sensor range for the whole galaxy.

Sadness, loss, bafflement, and general feeling of hopelessness.