>better than the miat
>eight hundred and seventy kilograms

this kills the miat and brz

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Modular_engine
parkers.co.uk/suzuki/swift/hatchback-2017/sz3-12-dualjet-5d/specs/
youtube.com/watch?v=jDToA--Drds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a shame that the US doesn't get it. I was in India a week back and my friend over there has a 16' Swift. It's so controllable and fun to drive and it was a diesel.

>tfw when this car would be the base model or cheap as fuck in the USDM

suzuki in general has nice cars, but amerimongrels were too stupid to buy them.

>Suzuki
literally who

We buy their dirtbikes and streetbikes, just not their econoboxes.

How does that only have 870kg, tho?

Dunno, I'm guessing Suzuki space magic.
This little mofo weighs about 800kg as well.

That I can believe. But the Swift is a supermini. What the fuck is the car made of? Paper?
It's a shame its proportions are a bit off, but I do know they're quite fun to drive. At least the late gen.

>fwd

Dropped

Consumer Reports destroyed their reputation here because how easy the Samurai would roll over. They went wild saying they were just death machines and the media covered it really well. Suzuki never recovered.

LE DORIFTO XDDDDDDDDD
LOOK I AM DAGUMMIIIIII
I LOVE ANIME

Saw an Ignis on the road today, it's bigger than the pic would have you believe yet it weighs less than a first gen Twingo. They're fucking wizards when it comes to building lightweight funboxes, although I suspect it might have something to do with a very no-bullshit approach to everything.
The interior is very simple, for example.

The engine block must be full aluminium too, I guess.

Engine blocks have been aluminium for 25 years now.

except they bought the shit out of Trackers and Samurais when they were around

Not really.

it's made of autism.
if you think how to make parts lighter, it will all add up.
the little things. similar how mazda did it with the mazda 2.

It actually is. I sat in one and everything is just cheap thin flimsy plastic. Might look nice in pictures but everything you touch feels like shit. Even the doors close with a cheap metallic noise. There was a Mazda 2 at the same dealership and it felt like a Bentley compared to this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Modular_engine
>All engines feature an aluminum engine block
>Production 1990–2016

sadly they're not being made in Japan anymore

>a diesel fiat

Veloster is basically this car, but weighs a little more, but is 2 stars NCAP safer as a result.

>a little
Mate, it's like 1.5 times heavier, and more expensive, and the chassis is worse.

it will weigh more than 870kg, the base model new swift weighs 890kg

>There was a Mazda 2 at the same dealership and it felt like a Bentley compared to this.

I swear you are in every thread about the swift just to post this.

>Veloster is basically this car

Except the velostar is a meme car that looks like ass and the engineers took the "3 door" coupe description too literally.

I have never seen anyone except childless women in their 30's, who want "muh sporty car", driving one.

The new Baleno is also very nice
Suzuki is very popular here, so i've seen a lot of Balenos, Ignises and Swifts on the road

forgot pic

>this applies to every brand in the market
Dude, what?

the baleno just launched here in Ireland too, saw one on the road that looked like it accelerated quite well, considering it is only a 1.0 turbo.

Too bad we wont get the swift sport here, we only get the base.

>Too bad we wont get the swift sport here, we only get the base.
Pretty sure the Sport was only just announced.

We get the DZire sedan too, and we got the last Swift Sport (in small numbers)

yes i know that, but we still wont get it here, we have never gotten any generation of sport here officially.
Only if someone imports it individually.

That's weird, especially since the UK does normally get the Sport, as does the majority of Europe.

I think in Ireland right now (for sale anyway) there are 4 swift sports.
One from the second gen and 3 from the first gen.

Yeah, but you underestimate how bad Ireland is for cars user friend.

I asked a suzuki dealer once why the did not carry the sport model here.
His response: "we will never and have never had the sport models here, they are too sporty for the market and the tax is too high"

The tax per year on them is 750 euro.
The base is 220 euro, I think.

The average Irish car consumer wants a diesel german made car with 280 tax per year MAX.

I've seen some Swift Sports for sale here, but they're a bit expensive (i'm from South America btw)

Meanwhile in Netherlandistan we still get the Sport, even if the carbon tax is insane (makes something like a 2.0l MX-5 cost 40k, a Toyobaru costs 50k) and the fuel prices are extortionate (€1.50 per liter for 95 RON).
Also monthly road taxes based on vehicle weight and fuel type and yearly inspections because lol why not.

>here
as in South America?

Yes

>Consumer Reports destroyed their reputation here because how easy the Samurai would roll over.

Yeah, unlike those Broncos and Explorers.

Here in Ireland we dont even get the new ND 2.0l mx-5, only the 1.6 and its around 30K new.
The NC came in 2.0l if you imported it, but new we only got the 1.8. Tax was still 750 per year.

The toyobaru costs just over 40K here new too, and 750 tax.

Petrol here at the minute is around 1.39 per liter and we dont get premium or standard RON, we just get whatever comes out of the pump. Our petrol in the last few months has also been mixed with bio ethanol which most engines hate.

This is the best looking subcompact in the last 20+ years,

>tfw have to pay 1000 bucks for 2.5l shitbox
Shit sucks

>The tax per year on them is 750 euro
>on a cheapshit "sport" econobox.
It would be like $80-$120 in murrica for registration and road taxes. That and your gas is 6x more than ours. Europe just hates cars I guess.

The back's a bit weird and it's very tall since it's actually marketed as a small SUV, but yeah, the front is very attractive.

yeah shit sucks.
Add cars to the list of things europe hates along with
white people
straight people
European women not getting raped by refugees
anything on our roads that is not a bike with a lycra wearing twat on top.
and so on

>anything on our roads that is not a bike with a lycra wearing twat on top
That's the one thing the Netherlands have figured out, decent infrastructure and education when it comes to bikes. Lycrafags are a tiny minority over here (although they're still fucking scum).

>although they're still fucking scum
and over here, they basically have full rights to the roads and have no tax or license to be on it.

If a motorist hits a cyclist, even if the cyclist is wrong, the motorist gets blamed.
But the cyclist has no training on the rules of the road and no license or insurance if they damage a car.

Suzuki the hero we deserve but not the one we need right now

>870 kg

Are you on drugs?

This car weights 1040-1060 kg

The Vitara is also incredibly light for a mid sized crossover/SUV, the variant with 2WD has around 850 kg i think

>interior that doesn't feel like paper
>faster
>cuter
>safer

If the Veloster is a "memecar" and its better than the Swift in every way, then things aren't looking good for the Swift.

Probably a good thing no American is able to buy one then.

Base model 1075kg

you need to go back

>>cuter

Fuckbois like you should stick to your veloster

>its better than the Swift in every way

in your opinion

>things aren't looking good for the Swift

because a fuckboi thinks the veloster is better on a oriental sock puppet forum?
I am sure in Suzuki HQ jimmies are rustled user-kun

>not mentioning the 120k+ mustang GT
I believe the tax difference between the MT and AT toyobaru is pretty latge as well. The AT is more geared towards ecotrash and thus has less co2 emissions. I believe the AT one is 48k whereas the MT is 52k

Pretty sure everyone on this board has heard of the 50k egoboost and 120k GT at this point.

>(1009*2)-1
M8 pls, use a dashcam or something like that. Just take a look at the autoweek or flits service forums, plenty of people have been able to fight the HURR DURR MOTORIST IS ALWAYS TO BLAME bullshit
Unless it's a D66 judge

If it makes you this upset one can only imagine how upset Suzuki HQ is, that they had to pull their entire automotive division from the States due to poor sales and lack of interest. Probably really upset at all the American pussy they're missing out on now.

do they sell them in NI?

Go back where? India? Dude I'm American, dumbass.

Its so drivable because it lost its front body panels from crashing into a mosque, so it would be controllable

POO IN THE LOO

Not OP but I'm from NI. We get the Toyobaru and the 2.0 ND. You can buy a car from NI and register it in the south but you have to pay VRT and VAT if it's under 6 months old or has done less than 6k km. The mk1 Swift Sport isn't too common here in NI but I do see a lot more mk2s. A valet parker took my Swift Sport in Dublin and the weird keyless start really confused him.

Dude, its closer than you might think

parkers.co.uk/suzuki/swift/hatchback-2017/sz3-12-dualjet-5d/specs/

>Weight 890kg

Irish bro here, can confirm what NI bro said. They sell them up North, but to bring one down here costs a lot in taxes and registration fees.

Its a real shame.

>If it makes you this upset

iaintevenmad.jpg

>triggered

>fwd
it's just another hot hatch. Weird though, suzuki is known to slap 4wd on literally everything. Not like 4wd would be a serious competitor against rwd funboxes like gt86 or miata

ride that bicycle.

the swift sport is 870.
are you saying they're lying like mitsubishi?

when i was in swamp germany, i saw couple of amazing classics (i still have wet dreams about this one porsche 930 i saw) and i heard that it's financially sound for you guys to buy classics and register them as oldtimers.

i'd love to be forced by goverment to buy porsche 911 in 930 body

I've been driven both Japanese-made and Maruti Indian-made swifts, I believe the Indian ones weight less because they're made with cheaper steel and with less reinforcement on the body. An indian one feels somewhat faster, but still not as fast as the Sport model.

I'm saying they haven't announced anything about the sport. Literally an announcement of an announcement.

I bought a mark 3 can't complain other then being a bit boggy up to 4K revs.

Suzuki America relaunch when?

it also look way cooler than miata or brz. dont get me wrong - miata is great looking car, but its nothing new or unique. this suzuki looks something different and it stands out.

they just melted the old one.
the old one was revolutionary when it came out.

u mean suzuki? or?

4wd could be added to the lineup later on just like it was on the outgoing model.

I hope it'll be as fun to drive as the MZ and not es electric as the current NZ
>commute to uni in my '08 swift
>roads wet, go on a 270degree autobahn-onramp
>rear pulls out, fwd ecobox is actually oversteering
What a fun car that was, steering was so direct you felt every pebble on the road

>08' swift is completely worn out after 120kkm
>traded in for a '11 swift
>its a generic small citycar with way too much electric steering aid

I've been saving money running my 200kkm Peugeot 206 into the ground for 3 years waiting for this to come out.
I hope it's at least as good as the current one.

>Suzuki
>car

It's like picking a president from reality tv.

the swift.

I bet you say manuals are obsolete too

Is it rwd?
No?
I don't give a fuck, you can keep your hatch.

>the old one

what "one" do you mean, there are many gens of swifts user

It was one problem, the front looks ugly, is too agressive.

That's super weird, they basically reversed the grill of the standard model.

looks like a retarded fiesta

I hope they somewhat remap the engine if it's really the one from the Vitara S because I don't think a block from a fat SUV will feel "hot" enough

The same engine is also found in the S-Cross and all the reviewers love it.

I looked at the website, and i absolutely love it

the engines are called "dualjet" and "boosterjet" just that makes me smile a little

You retard RWD are superior when it comes to grip and driving in general. FWD are too understeery and you just cannot drive them fast.

how fast are you expecting a car with 140 hp to go anyway? it's fine for a hot hatch, but it's a reason BMW doesn't make the M5 FWD, because that would be retarded

For a teeny hot hatch, it's fine

If this were a 300hp torquesteering monstrosity, you might have a point.
In a 140hp car, chassis tuning matters far more than drivetrain layout, and due to less drivetrain loss more of that 140hp will actually reach the wheels with FWD.

It's about launching. When you launch with full torque, your wheels will spin in FWD. In RWD you get more grip.

it's a car with 140 hp. And sure you can spin the tires in first and MAYBE second on a good day but pretty much any car can spin in first if you have TC off. Point is, it's a hot hatch. Not a race car

That doesn't change the fact that RWD is the superior layout, not just for drifting.

okay, i'll take it real slow for you here. For a car of this size and weight, it simply does not matter.

for an M5? A corvette? absolutely! but not here

youtube.com/watch?v=jDToA--Drds