/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #493

''Kids these days are being hella influenced'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12662425
strawpoll.me/12662462

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
strawpoll.me/12904674
strawpoll.me/12904678
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
lifeisfineandnothinghurts.tumblr.com/post/132375602801/and-then-max-didnt-wake-up-until-sunday-the-end
proud2bnili.tumblr.com/tagged/life-is-strange
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/787926132880445440
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bae > Bay
BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

/lisg/ meetup/movie marathon [Never]
:(

Chloe is #1

>tfw will never meet a girl like Max

Kate is not #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

When's season 2? When's the live action adaption?

We know, Max.

Do you guys still care about the polls?

strawpoll.me/12904674
strawpoll.me/12904678

Season 2: probably sometime in 2018
Live action series: ???? (No news about it)

I don't know what /lisg/ will look forward to after thread 500

2k18, after Vampyr release. Later this year.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Fun how these sometimes give different results. Like some people changes their answers each month.

>tfw /lisg/ will die before season 2 gets announced

Shut up, we hit 70+ posters last thread, end this meme

We hit 70 IPs. There could have been a few people changing them.
Not that it's a big deal. Things are still going at a healthy pace even if it seems sometimes we run out of things to discuss. I'm getting tired of the same stuff especially when certain topics are guaranteed to end with nobody agreeing and arguing. Nut that's just the nature of Veeky Forums and the internet in general.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing. Debates don't have to turn into arguments. Stay civil; stay comfy.

If /lisg/ goes on summer break, I'll keep the threads alive myself if necessary.

>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."

>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”

>Max giggling and being amazed at every tiny thing she sees

>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.
>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!

When does she smoke weed for the first time?

Maybe a few weeks after the storm when she and Chloe return to the town for the first time to get some stuff.
They're staying up in Seattle with Max's parents but they go back to the town to see everyone and get stuff from Chloe's room for her to bring back for a prolonged stay with the Caulfields, also to go to Max's dorm and see what they can get.

Max is kind of freaking out as she hears about the damage in the town and blames herself partly for it, Chloe tells her it's not her fault and offers letting her try smoking to calm down. Max agrees to try it once so they go into Chloe's room.
There's actually a hole through Chloe's ceiling so they're laying in bed, gazing at the stars, and watching the smoke go out through the roof.
By that point David is doing stuff at Blackwell and Joyce is cooking for the shelter where people are while waiting for their houses to be rebuilt or some form of housing. So Max and Chloe are alone that night.

There's a street near me called Marshfield

Spotted any bunnies together with pot plants?

Imagine a person finding /lisg/ for the first time and seeing all the images of a rabbit and a plant, or a gingered Frenchman, or obsessions with logic.
It's a funny thought.

>Meanwhile, outside of Seattle

If Max hasn't smoked weed yet, she isn't going to. Caulfield's sense of self is a key trait of her character. She wouldn't smoke weed simply because Chloe does.

>inb4 spazzing out for someone disagreeing with their headcanon

Learn to linebreak.

There's a great comic about this
lifeisfineandnothinghurts.tumblr.com/post/132375602801/and-then-max-didnt-wake-up-until-sunday-the-end

She'd try it once just to say she did (How hardcore.)
I don't think Max would like it very much since anything that takes away control of her body could remind her of the Dark Room, which is obviously *not* a good thing. Don't want her to start freaking out, crying, or anything like that, even if Chloe is watching over to make sure she doesn't have any bad reactions or anything.

Fancy Kate

Searching through some tags and found a short pencil sketch animation.
proud2bnili.tumblr.com/tagged/life-is-strange
The music's got a little bit of an LiS feel to it.

Fancy Alice

Has she been hanging out with Aunt Victoria?

Absolutely adorable.

Also adorable. Haven't seen that image in a while. That's one way to sweep Max off her feet and bring her to the bedroom*
*for cuddles and sleep

ZZZZZZZzzzzz

The bear knows

Imagine all the things the bear have seen Max and Chloe doing on the bed.

Like hugging and sleeping?

I CAN'T SEEM TO SEE THROUGH SOLID MARBLE EYES.

>yfw this song was from the bear's perspective all this time

>effortlessly lifting one full Max
Chloe's hella strong

lol alice cucked

That's really mean user.

Max ain't that much heavy

It wasn't voluntary. Lisa escaped and came running back home.

twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/787926132880445440

I wonder at what stage of development Season 2 is now...

She wouldn't have to escape. I'm sure Rachel was just joking.

>wake up
>remember episode 5
>feel like shit

There there.

I still can't believe LiS won a BAFTA for best story last year.

>Can you post a pic or something?
I mean, I'm pretty sure nothing's gonna change your mind - which, again, is fine by me - but sure: pic related. (It's in David's files, by the way; sorry, I remembered the accusations in Wells' files and thought it had been there too.)

>doesn't mean the relationship is infallible
A "Mary-Sue" is a written entity. There are no other people; there is the author, and their intention, deliberate or otherwise, to create a perfect character. The author of such a character would not write her to have bad relationships with people close to her, people that traditionally care about a character, people she explicitly wanted to have good relationships with. Furthermore, in most of her relationships, she had at least partial responsibility for their failure.

>that's a just headcanon to me
If an author wanted to create a Mary-Sue character that's gone missing, it would look more like in Twin Peaks: a mother in complete disarray and constant tears. Instead of hanging up missing person posters or being on TV, dontnod specifically chose to portray Rachel's parents as parents that don't know the whereabouts of their 18-year-old daughter and haven't for half a year, but do apparently not bother thinking anything happened to her, search for her, worry about her, but just assume she's run away and that's that. I don't know what parents you have, but I imagine even if you would've had a somewhat troubled relationship with them, and even if they had all the reasons to assume you could want to run away, they would still not do nothing.

If they had written a Mary-Sue, they would have made her parents care about her explicitly. Instead, we know next to nothing about her parents, and what we do learn points to parents that don't seem to care incredibly much about their daughter, and must have had a troubled relationship seeing as how they aren't surprised their 18-year-old would run away without telling or contacting them.

Why not remember episodes 1-4 and feel less like shit?

Okay /lisg/, you are going to spend the rest of your life playing one hour of Life is Strange over and over again. Your memory will be completely erased after every hour, so every time you play it that particular hour-long segment will be fresh and new to you.

Which segment of the game do you choose for Max-imum fun and feels, while also not depressing yourself?

>Dakota Fanning is five-seven, probably around the same height as Rachel
Rachel's 5'5". So they create a perfect character dreaming of becoming a model... with a body height not even unusually short models fall under.

>greater potential in her character that went underutilized
I will agree with that.

I think the disconnect even generally is more in the way of thinking of Rachel as a "character" versus what she does for the story as a plot and narrative device.

As a character, she is underutilized and underdeveloped. Though it could then be argued on the tension between mystique they wanted to create with and around her, and the ways in which such a character can be utilized and developed without compromising the former, and whether they've managed to create the ambiguity through that tension that I think they'd aimed for.

Either way, we see Laura Palmer's corpse and video footage of her, later we see her in a nightmare, we see her room and such - she's more of a character herself and doesn't live through other people and the environment as Rachel does almost exclusively. Then again, they serve rather different functions too, TP starting on the confirmation of Laura's death, LiS on Rachel's being missing. But having Rachel appear in the nightmare, nosing through her now-abandonded dorm room, and so on, would have been something.

The ways however in which she does play into the story as part of the environment and of the other characters did a lot for my experience of the world, its characters, their narratives. And I did even care about her personal tragedy, more than I had in the earlier episodes expected I ever would.

Episode 2; diner, junkyard and traintracks segments. Though that's a lot more than an hour. So just junkyard and traintracks, I guess.

Pool scene and the morning after, although that would depress me I'd need those parts.

Bae ending extension WHEN

>Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
>Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
>“I'm with my girlfriend in Portland.”
>Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
>They end up living in Chloe's truck.
>After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
>Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle.
>Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe.
>Chloe is abandoned once again.
>Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
>Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
>Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
>Max wakes up.
>"Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town.”
>Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

What would you want in such an extension? Find out where Max and Chloe are going?

The pool scene for the coy glances. The morning after for them chatting in bed and the kiss sequence. Like Max, I didn't want to cheapen the first kiss with Chloe then but, given there was no other opportunity, it's what all I got.

My first playthrough I rewound after the kiss. I had faith that the directors would add a more appropriate first kiss scene later in the film. My second and third playthroughs I went for it knowing what I know now.

Max always kisses Chloe when I sacrifice her.

There's like 100 of them, but I guess start off with Eternal Return

Wah, wah, wait! David was right about something?!

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Even so, dealing drugs doesn't make her inherently bad. She was probably just carting them around for Frank. Bowers sold drugs to Nathan without an intermediary. Their relationship was romantic, not business related.

That's how she gets her glorious fucking abs.

Do you think the opening of Episode 2 in the dorms to sitting with Chloe in Two Whales would last an hour?
I'd pick that.

>That spoiler
Disgusting. I hope you know Max just undoes your choice and kisses Chloe everyday.

We know Chloe. Stop bragging.

There's a shit ton of those already.
What we really need is an EP5 rewrite, that entire episode made no sense

Please note the file name of my .gif

Please note the finger being displayed, it is not indicative of you being #1.

number 1

>Disgusting. I hope you know Max just undoes your choice and kisses Chloe everyday.
>undoes your choice
>your choice
>choice
>pic related

Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.

>Get told off for baiting
>Wet self and then hide behind premade "memes" and copypasta
Sasuga, faggot.

Dyke is a more accurate pejorative.

Christ. Get some new material already you unoriginal simpleton.
You spend roughly half your time here trying to shitpost and bait and you can't even do that correctly.
Not even worth being called bait since nothing alluring is being offered. It's just some fool, sitting there with a smirk thinking they're being so cheeky, selecting from a folder with like 20 images.
Pyschomajor did it better, Trick Vicky did it better, even le monke did it better because of their dedication. World'sBayest is a washed up has been bottom tier "Troll".

Yawn.

No it really is not.

I remember seeing "Tricky Vicky" in a screencap. Who were they?

These two are dorks!
>Blackwell Prom DLC when?

Someone who used to come here and abuse typing like
T H I S
H
I
S

They would type out rants about how Victoria was the best at everything and use the prhase "Tricky Vicky" a lot. They had a particular dislike for Kate and her fans.

Now I remember, actually.

He'd mockingly use "Tricky Vicky" in a boast as a depiction of Victoria being superior.

Did someone say prom?
You can even see Kate's and Alice's outfits earlier ITT!

THE ONLY REASON THE CONFLICT EXISTS IS BECAUSE THE PHOTOGRAPHS WERE BURNED.

SHE COULD HAVE PHOTO-JUMPED TO ENGINEER A BETTER SCENARIO, IF IT WERE NOT FOR A CONTRIVED PLOT POINT.

Hello, I lurk here occasionally. What is your favourite fanfiction?

I really enjoyed Better Then, it's top tier desu.

Better Then is great, everyone likes Ouroboros for fluff, but my favorite is Eternal Return

It's like getting a pickaxe shoved into your heart

>Rachel's 5'5". So they create a perfect character dreaming of becoming a model... with a body height not even unusually short models fall under.
Maybe she dreamt of becoming a porn star. A lot of those are pretty short.

The end of episode 4 up to when Jefferson shoots Chloe.

Max and Victoria get to make up and Chloe gets shot. Best part of the game.

Max still has here photographs. After the storm she could easily go back into one from earlier in the week and leave a note for herself and tell Chloe that they need to warn people and call the police about Jefferson.
It's the only possible outcome since Max is not a quitter. She will have Chloe and she will save as many people as possible.

Alternate timeline Max is best Max.

The power of cuteposting seems to be pretty immense. These threads go by faster than the Fallout general.

My pick is Ouroboros. Good writing, a lot of fluff, drama that fits with the game, and you see relationships/friendships building which is really nice.

Gun With Occasional Hella / Legend Has It was a series I also really enjoyed. It starts off kind of meh and goes off on its own direction. It has some pretty graphic things happening at times and Max and Chloe have their fair share of fights/screw ups but it all works out.

Chloe is hella cute