ETF Investing Thread

Hoping this can become a regular thing on here.

Trading Ideas
Current Portfolio
Favourite ETFs, ETF trading strategies

My current position:

>Long Japan Equities
DB X-TRACKERS NIKKEI 225

>Long US Equities
AMUNDI ETF NASDAQ-100

>Long US Energy Equities
iShares S&P 500 Energy Sector

bump

Up 137% since FEB, 25 2016, trading ETFs usually flip them within a week. DUST and NUGT, are my main money makers.

The large flats are where UTWI used to be, but that stock dropped.

What is a Tradiing ETF and how do I invest? Total newfag to investing.

Long VTI, VXUS, and BND

ETFs act the same as stocks. So you get a broker and type in those tickers and buy shares.

Am feeling the crash, and SH is at all time low, how safe is this bet? if I buy and a crash doesn't happen within the next year what kind of loss could I expect? I am not too worried, because it falls slowly enough that I have a bit of time, but I dont want to buy too high either. Thoughts?

Can you short this after a crash occurs? The steady downward trend seems profitable.

I hope I become rich one day

I own some NIKKEI 225 because I am a massive weeb and my Japanese girlfriend likes it when I praise Japan, but mostly just buying accumulating MSCI World or any other comparable world index is the best investment strategy. 7% annual return minus typical 2% historical inflation doubles your capital every fifteen years, which is a very profitable and very sound investment.

am i on Veeky Forums? these people literally have no clue about the markets and instruments

ONEQ & SPY

Shorting SP is a (MUCH) dumber way of going long in an S&P 500 index fund.

You do not hold inverse or leveraged ETFs for longer than a day or two. Learn how these things work, they are absolute destroyers of wealth if held in the long-term.

equal weighted S&P 500 index, Russel 2000 are the two best American indexes to buy into, historically.

I'd hedge that with some ex-USA or world funds though, even though they traditionally underperform by a wide margin over the long run. It's nice to not have all your money tied into your own economy when it shits the bed.

vti, vgt, vxus as long term
maybe I'll add some eur exposure in case Trump sinks the US economy

Retard question;

For example I own

a) $300k index ETF paying dividends
b) $100k index accumulation

After 10 years am I wealthier in real terms despite inflation?

just substract the inflation % from the % of growth

Hey guys. I'm new here. For the last 5 years I've wanted to get into investing and I've been saving someone to play around with and see what I can do. I recently bought the book Intelligent Investor and started to read it. I wanted to know if you guys can point me in the right direction for readin material and so on. Thanks bros.

I mean if the return is higher than the inflation, then yes you are wealthier

OK but I would increase wealth, right?

Even though I am taking and spending the dividends from the $300k ETF, it's value might rise 3.5% a year, and the dividends basically keep pace with inflation

Meanwhile the accumulation ETF since I'm not touching it is free to compound

You work for the SEC? Holding leveraged funds long term is fine if you know what you're doing.

1. Don't ask Veeky Forums
2. Since you asked, do what he says . Only sensible strategy.

Just tell us what ETF you have.