Resume Review Thread

Resume Review Thread

Been looking for a job recently and updated my resume. Anywhere I can improve this? Is it decent? Would you hire me if I handed this in?

Last line of the academic honors section reads "... professional-quality analyst research reports". Accidentally cut it off when taking screenshot.

Nice LARP

LARP?

>education from early 2000s on resume despite multiple jobs afterwards
>way too much text

you should always put your education on your resumee, no matter how long ago it was.

>not including a double-major BA and MBA with decent GPA

Why would you leave it out?

Your the president of some company with an MBA and you're asking Veeky Forums how to write a resume? does mommy not give you enough attention?

Ouch nigga got btfo

Yes, but it was a small, privately-held business, so I haven't really kept up with modern resume writing styles and standards. I'm also now looking for a job, so getting input from others who work for larger companies with actual HR departments would be helpful.

stopped reading after 2 sentences wow that's a bad summary

So what would you suggest?

there is nothing I hate more than writing and reading resumemes

Me too. Unfortunately, HR departments and the hiring process everywhere are a fucking joke and this is the world we live in.

Lolol #rekt

Company presidents and people with MBAs never need help improving their resume so that they can find a new job?

>planner becomes a plant manager
>plant manager gets an MBA
>plant manager becomes company president
>negotiates the sale of the company
>doesn't negotiate money for himself
>is now looking for a job. pls help
>also how to resume?

Add something in there about you found new jobs for all the hot women at the plant and they all love you and send you Christmas cards every year and you definitely don't want to kill yourself publicly

Dunno man you look fairly experienced. Unless you are applying for a job you aren't qualified for it looks fine. Do you really not know what employers in your field are looking for at this point? I can pretty easily match my skills to a job and then tailor my resume a bit for that particular position

Guess what I'm getting at is how are you competent enough to do all that shit listed but not confident enough to write your own resume ? You a faker or something?

>Do you really not know what employers in your field are looking for at this point?

I ran a pretty small company (6-20 mil in annual revenue) that didn't really have a HR department, so I'm not really up to scratch on resume writing and formatting. The people we hired there never even had resumes or applications.

I literally do that for a living.

Any tips then?

I would charge someone with your experience $325 minimum for a new resume, so I don't give out information for free.

But in general, tone down your academic scholarships and all that nonsense, play up your MBA. Never say that you were the owner of a company, it's a huge red flag. Rework your job descriptions into narratives of duties and responsibilities, then bullet point your accomplishments. It needs a great deal of work and I could say a lot more, but like I said, I don't work for free.

You also don't even say anything about your current role as Consultant. What exactly is it that you do?

Basically trained the new management and production teams. Showed them how to run the equipment, do the accounting, manage the employees and such.

Trying to get out of the restaurant job force and get a nice entry lvl office job. Just by this, do you think I have a chance?

>do the accounting
Could I get a job in accounting after your training? I'm prob on my own to write a resume tho amiright

I can do basic double entry accounting/bookkeeping, financial statement prep, and auditing. Nothing to write home about. I don't think I could really make a career out of it. I'm really looking for something in management in logistics/warehousing/manufacturing/sales/operations

>all these resume threads

Did everyone get laid off recently?

Generally formatting requirements are different in different fields. As an artist you'll probably need a portfolio, which will matter much more than your resume.

bump

people are looking for internships at around this time

I just posted in another thread.
Sorry for being a dick and posting again.

you should be fine, getting experience is all you need for a corporate job and once your foots in the door youll do well

Hey y'all,

I'm going for a paralegal position in my next role that I'm applying for. Would welcome feedback.

Part 1/2

Pt 2/2.

How do you write a resume if you haven't gone to college and haven't had a job?

No one will contact me.