So the dealership mechanic is charging me a 40% restocking fee for cancelling my order in these OE control arms for my...

So the dealership mechanic is charging me a 40% restocking fee for cancelling my order in these OE control arms for my car.

I found Moog parts on rockauto.com for $90 versus the $240 OEM parts they initially tried to sell me on. I called them back within 45 minutes of agreeing to the service.

I called them back and tried to convince the guy in Parts that the 40% charge is ridiculous, but he wouldn't budge. I then tried to tell the guy in Service to cancel my order (behind the Parts guy's back) and he wouldn't budge.

We're talking about $100 fee here. Should I refuse to pay it or just deal? For the record, I didn't really think there was anything wrong with the steering/suspension.

I kinda think I'm being taken for a ride here.

ya win some ya lose some, just have to accept the loss sometimes

you can ask the mechanic to show you what's wrong and if they are good at their job they will show you the bad and then show you what a good one is supposed to look like

Do you think you can sell them for more than 140? you can sellthem to minimize loss

Credit card dispute

This man knows life.

There is honestly no reason to actually pay restocking fee on a cancelled order. I don't know what kind of gyp joint they're running there but it's not like you purchased the item at all.

Tell them no dice and also to suck your balls. Block their calls and see what they do, probably nothing, I bet money on it.

Did they provide you a terms and conditions in writing upon order?

If not, tell them to get bent or you'll lawyer up.

Also yeah, pay with credit card for parts. Easy to dispute.

Should've kept the oem parts. They're the best.

Document ur case. Refuse to pay. Make sure ur bank doesnt move ur money.

Moog is shit, you should have stuck with the OEM parts.

Take the fee and do a card charge back

Stop being a girl and deal with it. You'll be getting the OE arms in a few months anyway when the pattern ones fall apart.

It's not the mechanic or owner screwing you it's the part supplier.

You agreed to pay for the ordering of the non stock part so refusing to pay the restocking fee is theft.

The garage owner/dealer whoever had to pay their supplier, to carry, store and create the paperwork for ordering the part. All that takes time and manpower. As well if the dealer/garage owner has to hold on to the part because you cancelled, these large and awkwardly packaged parts now take up real estate in his warehouse. Or they pay their supplier the restocking fee.

Also Moog is shit, and if you buy OEM you probably will get a lifetime warranty on the parts.

>restocking fee

Top fucking kek Americans, when the only way you can make money is underhanded bullshit like this, your economy deserves to tank hard.

t-leaf

Moog has gone to shit. Look at this trainwreck of a weld.

Moog left, generic knock-off right.

FYI I'm And from Toronto. Partsource, Fincham Auto, even most of the scrap yards we deal with charge restocking fees from 10-15%

Thats actually fucked

This,

don't get why moog is so lauded for it's quality and the only substitute for oem and the other nonsense I've found people parroting on forums.

This is fucking pathetic.

>etobicoke

If there's no physical restocking to be done, there's no right to a restocking fee.

Where the fuck do you think they keep shit you order online? You think everything is in one huge pile on the floor? They have to unpack it, verify that it's in a condition where return is allowed, figure out exactly where it needs to go in a huge warehouse, then take it there and put it back. Is 40% a bit ridiculous? Yeah, but the concept makes sense, they shouldn't pay for your indecision or inability to research things properly.

If it's true that OP called them to cancel within 45 minutes then I assure you that nobody in any warehouse touched anything yet.

If you write a yelp review with images/proof of how it really was less than an hour before you called to cancel and leave 1 star they'll probably be fold. The common customer will side with you on that one and businesses know it, and probably reply to your review while trying to make amends. Either that or they'll berate you. But in any event, you can come out winning or come out having clawed them.
Sorta scummy but that's a shitty way to make a buck and not many reputable shops I know would fuck someone like that, eye for an eye maygne.

Do they already have your credit card info? Of not, fuck em, what are they gonna do?

If they do, refuse to pick up the parts and dispute on credit card.

I replaced my control arms with moog parts last winter
10,000 miles later and im now returning them for warranty
The bushings fucked themselves within 10k miles.
They werent cheap either.
Fuck moog

moog is hit or miss quality these days... lots of made in china shit with them now

i'd stick with oem

Tell them to fuck right off. Can't charge a restocking fee on a product that you never took possession of.

>I gotta pay that fat parts guy to push the cart that this this was sitting in back to the stock room

moog is riding on past reputation

they used to make good quality parts.

now they are worse than a lot of the no-name chinese brands.

Welds, like women, need not be beautiful to be functional.

is garbage, tho.

Fucking idiot

So what brand should I buy for suspension parts?

bilstein

Please go, Moog Customer Support

If nothing else this. OE replacement would be nicer though. I put two moog control arms on my car and it torque steers and follows the angle of the road a lot

topkek

Have you actually PAID for ANYTHING yet? Because if you haven't then don't bother. There's no way in fuck Parts ordered an OE part and had it on a truck to be delivered within 45 minutes. He's full of shit.

So if you haven't given them a cent, walk away.

probably a new guy who was just hired lel