/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 6th:
1527 – Spanish and German troops sack Rome; some consider this the end of the Renaissance. 147 Swiss Guards, including their commander, die fighting the forces of Charles V in order to allow Pope Clement VII to escape into Castel Sant'Angelo.
1889 – The Eiffel Tower is officially opened to the public at the Universal Exposition in Paris.
1937 – Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.
1942 – World War II: On Corregidor, the last American forces in the Philippines surrender to the Japanese.
1945 – World War II: The Prague Offensive, the last major battle of the Eastern Front, begins.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

white

La Plata

palata

So I wanted to restore the High Priesthood.
But I can't select the event because it says I am not Emperor of Persia
I have however, founded my own empire. Did I fuck myself over by doing so?
Nobody else holds the title of emperor for Persia, and my empire is even listed as de jure empire for regions you'd expect to be in Persia

So why can't I select the decision?

Fuck you, Portugal

Because one of the requirements is being the Emperor of Persia. So form the Empire of Persia.

because you need to hold e_persia

literally how

Does Paradox have autism?

I don't enjoy this big army planning shite on HoI IV. Seems like they've taken a look at the Manstein Plan, had an autism brainwave and decided to make the game about muh arrows.

Am I the only one to think this?

By discovering America and sending twelve thousand men on an eternal hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold?

>its another episode of Ming has a piece of clay you need and has 350+ force limit

How can I form the empire of Persia when I already made a custom empire that includes the kingdom of persia?

SO... How do I claim London from England to form a Welsh vassal state spanning the entire islands?

>And outtechs europeans despite having embraced no institutions

By occupying 80% of the de jure lands of the Empire of Persia and forming the Empire of Persia. Or occupying 80% of the former de jure lands of the Empire of Persia of it is now entirely titular.

You can create new empires when you're an emperor

I hate when you play a country and have like 8 techs above everyone else but you kno that only means theyll catch up faster when you hit the wall of +% from years... Cant sell to allies, everyone gets the same amount of bonus no matter how far they are.

yeah but how did you get the range?no cb ireland?

damian...

It's amazing how the asia patch and dlc made asia a much worse region to play in.

Watching his live stream now. Hes pretty bad.

I don't have that option, pretty sure I occupy enough lands

Did you mean "can't"? If yes: fuck...

If I fully blockade the Ming coast, will they be bothered by the war exhaustion.

Or are they way too tanky now?

Forming the empire of Persia isn't done through intrigue, it's done through standard title formation.

Use the title finder to find the Empire of Persia title, open the screen where you'd create the title, and see if the button's grey.

You can, you fucking mongoloid. Switch to Empire mapmode and show us Persia. Or open the fucking title search function and search Persia

I did it for 85 years from day one as Japan, to see what would happen when they couldn't create any new tributaries.
85 years of war, blockade, and eventually half a million dead chinks, and they didn't care that they were sitting on 10 war exhaustion.

Click the "Create title" button you fool

I know it's you damian

no one plays your mod here

How did you acquire all that land without even know how to create a title

There was just a binge of it last time I was here so I know thats a lie. When was the last time V2 came up... did people stop posting it here?

>hey you know that ming empire that was famously corrupt and unstable thoughout history
>yeah
>we should make it perfectly stable and give them 0 downsides
>good plan johan

Hilarious that the only nerf that they got was making them explode after losing the Mandate. Which isn't much use since the player can probably finish them off if they were able to take the Mandate in the first place.

stomped the roach

I called you up last night, damian

you even posted your irish passport to pass as white, but we KNOW that you're a fucking pajeet

They should either bring back the 50% autonomy or give the Ai manchu tribes some major help. They just eat them up in the first years and then have 0 threats.

>pick nation you couldn't be bothered to add any flavor to
>buff it to retarded levels to the point it changes the entire balance of the game
>nerf it to obscurity 3 patches later

alternative history simulator

Does that even work if the player doesn't have the DLC

Started as Prussia, made the NGF, and now there are a fuckhuge amount of Prussian Nationalist rebels. Like, 150 brigades. Not revolted yet, but in the screen. I'm confused, what do they want? The breakup of the federation and a return to just Prussia?

I honestly wouldn't mind if they put Ming back to its old state but kept the mandate mechanic. Asia is just so dreadfully boring now.

Im actually a turk so... We are white because of how many whites we raped.

>he lives in an ACTUAL dictatorship in the middle of 2017
>"white"

Actually I like in America. Turkish is a culture you know.

>frogposter
>he thinks dictatorships are somehow bad
_donald

>lives in America
>"I-I'm turk"

classical mudder

Should I continue this, /gsg/ ? I've been sitting and doing nothing but attacking China for three wars now, calling Austria and the North German Federation in every time.

>that cunt that never had a war but instantly get a god tier general

t.urk

yes

What is this vanilla shit.

Stop this at once.

My father came from turkey. Just like there are Irish and Italians from centuries ago and can call themselves that its not like moving to another country changes your ethnic group.

Well it often does. Pic related.

Is Stellaris /gsg/?

kek
how accurate is this though really

My demonic son wishes to join the Order of the Holy Sepulchre and prevent himself from ever ruling over anything.

What should I do?

W&B

In my game, Korea generally decimates them and becomes a tributary forever.

>Asia is just so dreadfully boring now.
Yea, it all boils down to being a tributary until you can strike Ming down.
And by then the game is already over.

>tfw islam won't be eradicated in your lifetime

Well if you know any good mods...

Passed only 1 reform in the recent 30 years, thankfully most of the good reforms are already active. Based Russians, still a monarchy.

At least the majority is Shia in the Middle East.

And Africans practice a different kind of Islam either way.

>And Africans practice a different kind of Islam either way.
They do?

your father came to America because Turkey (and it's culture has A LOT to do with it) is a shithole.

Pic related are my pops
Should i do some genocide on my colonies, since i've got a lot of indians shitting in my up my culture? i control United Provinces, Punjab, Baluchistan and a part of Rajputana in India. It would help in central Asia and african colonies as well.

>tfw would play Russia but I can't be bothered industrializing

Turkey is a shithole because America intervened in it when it was leaning left-wing while being western and progressive, just like in Afganistan and Iran, they put a few docile ragheads then they chimpout and start mouthing the west off

>"whitey keeps bringing us down"

any resemblence with west african niggers is mere coincidence

Sub-Saharan Africa on the west coast just isn't very strict, and are pretty much secular states.

African culture is very different from Islamic culture so it never became like the Middle East.
It's a mix of African culture with Islam.

Horn of Africa and Northern Africa are somewhat different but those areas are much closer to the Middle East and are different people with different cultures either way.

>Muh Turkey is Western

>G*rmans
>Decadent

Sign me up senpai

Is there an EU4 mod that disables colonization outright?

I want to play a comfy game without colonial nations shitting everything up.

Genocide ? What mod senpai ?

i would prefer mod that removes every nation outside of europe so that we can have colonial nations in china etc

This is not even a WE WUZ situation, we have proof CIA kept intervening there and we have photographic proof that they were more western back then

How do you figure out who you need to kill to remove a non-aggression pact?

just state my shit up senpai

This random flag garbage for Rev. Targets is stupid.

>Be Japan
>Don't know England
>But the printing press got invented there
>So we know about the printing press
>Spend mana in capital so we can train more men and put a higher taxrate on the peasants
>We now have the printing press in that province.
Imagine if Johan became the President of the United States of America.
He'd just mana all the problems away and we'd be on Mars within 10 years.

>"nigga i'm telling u, let all blacc people go back to africa they gon be wantin us back"

A for effort on the Yugoslavia decision HPM guy

What about it you don't like? I was looking at the code last night. You only need Serb, Croat, and Bosnian cores sphered or owned. On top of that, Yugoslavia has decisions to add Bulgaria, Macedonia, Slovenia, and Albania to the country if those other tags exist and are in the same sphere.

>tfw I never get a chance of forming Yugo as my puppet because I cant liberate Croatia and then Serbia forms it alone

yeah if those tags exist
can't add slovenia if they are part of austria
this worked 100 % under vickymod without issues

>Can you please abstain from the faction to replace me as a Queen, user? I am really trying my best here and I don't want to see a civil war causing pointless pain and suffering!

You talking Vanilla? Cause the Vanilla one is straight broken. Hell, it's not even localized.

I don't get what you mean. Is Austria in your sphere? If not, then of course Yugoslavia doesn't have it. I don't understand what you're saying doesn't work when we're in agreement that the land in question has to be sphered by you.

austria is in my sphere
no slovenia decision anywhere in sight

No, I am playing HPM dude, unless you have a special version of HPM, either way, I cant form Yugo because if I use the dismantle nation CB Italy gets a part of Croatia

wew lads
user here who fixed this decision way back
i recently had the idea to move this into a decision that triggers an event
something along the lines of
>release northern serbia as serbia
>change tag to Yugo
series of events that allow you to decide which regions are moved from your sphere to yugoslavia
also possibly a puppet master in sphere check since bulgaria is a pain in any other case

Seriously I have a non-aggression pact with someone that I have no marriage ties to. How the hell do I end it?

you get rid of the tiee

Your kingdom is mine, wench.

what reforms lads

railroads or education?

What next? I don't even think it's possible for me to take it all. I'm thinking puppet Mexico, ignore Central America, take New Granda and then try to go for the rest of South America.

Can you add the event to ask Bulgaria and Albania if they want to join? And also a MittelAfrika, Cape to Cairo railway and a Pan Slavic union please

You don't get the Slovenia decision. It's available to Yugoslavia if both they and Slovenia are in your sphere.

I was just checking cause you mentioned Serbia forming it on their own. I remember that happening to me in Vanilla where one of my spherelings would form Yugoslavia by themselves without the rest of the country joining. As, once again, the decision was completely broken.

A series of events might be preferable.

I forget, does the railroad one build railways in your capital state in HPM? If so, I say that so you can better afford max education funding.

was that a rhetorical question?

Alright, but Serbia formed it along Montenegro, Serbia had all of its cores, including Bosnia, but not the lne in A/H

You could try a Serfdom run. Would be interesting to see how many would demote to serfdom by the end of the game. You could also try to make them slaves I guess.