/nintyg/-Nintendo General

Gameboy camera edition:
This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on it
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」The New 2DS XL has been announced for a July release: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-reveals-new-2ds-xl-out-in-july/
「!」Helix announced as the newest fighter for ARMs: mynintendonews.com/2017/04/28/helix-announced-as-new-arms-fighter/
「!」Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga spotted in the eShop metadata: nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/rumour_mario_and_luigi_superstar_saga_dx_partnering_up_for_3ds_eshop
「!」More details coming on the newly dubbed Battle Sports Mekuru: nintendoeverything.com/project-mekuru-given-new-name-battle-sports-mekuru-trailer-more-news-may-8/
「!」Capcom reiterates that they're developing games for the Switch: mynintendonews.com/2017/04/28/capcom-reconfirms-nintendo-switch-development-commitment/
「!」Genyo Takeda, father of the Punch-Out and Startropics series, isn't fully leaving Nintendo: nintendoeverything.com/genyo-takeda-isnt-fully-stepping-away-from-nintendo/
「!」Elliot Quest finally approaches its release: nintendoeverything.com/elliot-quest-finally-launches-on-3ds-in-may/

>Upcoming Releases
Japan - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
North America - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
Europe and Australia- nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg
>Mario Kart 8 deluxe tournie code
4307-0705-6171

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OddCwvpkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll post this in every thread until it's announced.

What WiiU games can I get rid of because they will get 100% objectively superior sequels on the Switch?
Mario Kart and Splatoon are the obvious ones.
I guess Smash Bros and maybe Mario Maker?

You'll be posting it forever then.

hello

Thanks for thinking the threads will be here forever too.
Sm4sh will probably get an enhanced port, not sure about Mario Maker.

Severed is pretty good

Mario Maker already got the 3DS port that no one cares about. I wouldn't expect another port.

fuck peach
FUCK YOU PEACH
DUMB SLAG WITH YOUR TRIPLE GREEN SHELLS FUCK OFF

Screw you OP, this thing gave me nightmares for weeks.

>getting hit by green shells
come on user you're better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OddCwvpkQ

Open challenge to anyone with a switch/mario kart already
33 minutes from when this was posted I'll be on the /nintyg/ mario kart server from the OP

in super mario world VC for the wii u, can i play 2 player with just the gamepad? (physically handing the controller to my partner every turn)

I don't think so.

whats this

Viridi is perfect.

Post characters you want in MK8D.

So what do you think the hat system in Odyssey is gonna be like?

I hope it allows you to have previous powerups as standard movesets replacing mario's hat throw, and including 64's/Sunshine's health gauge.

I'd rather have a new Excitebike game, that's why I also don't want Cpt Falcon in MK.

You get weapon the first time in the game by stealing from the soldiers in the shinra tower right before the bike escape scene.

Nice attention to detail that they put that into the render.
Its supposed to have 4 materia slots though.

>recommended games list

Thoughts on:

>River City Tokyo Rumble 【Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short】
>Mario Sports Superstars
>that new Kirby eShop game
>Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny 【Recently got a fan translation and I don't know if it's actually a good game】

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai 【JP】
>MEGAMI MEGURI 【JP】
>Puyo Puyo Chronicle 【JP】 (can it be played without JP knowledge?)
>Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 【JP】

They'll give you a gimmick in each world, I really hope it isn't only 4 though.

Can anyone confirm Culdcept Revolt is original 3ds compatible before O put in my preorder?

New 3DS exclusive games have a different box art design, so yeah it works on O3DS.

I'm watching a Sm4sh amiibo tour I lost control of my life

>Dr. Mario moonwalked to avoid Ness' fair
damn

The Switch is my preferred platform for indie games and smaller third-party titles.

You'll get through it. We all will.

same

CUTE

o

no

Where the fuck is our Direct announcement? I'm getting nervous for it actually happening this coming week

I had a massive crush on her during the good old Kid Icarus Uprising and Chill days.

but we had a direct like a month ago, next one is at E3

How about those rumours from last week though? Besides, theyve done plenty of Directs just before E3

Is Switch compatible with regular PC USB controllers from Logitech, Speed-Link etc. or with the xbox360/one USB controller?

Id like to buy Switch for me and my two friends and play MK8 on it, but dont want to spend extra money on the third joy-con. Is there any other solution?

Christ, every single time bowser improves his performance, it always ends with that pudgy little plumber coming out on top.
Back from the dead? Ass kicked. Giant chase through lava castle? Same drill. Planet-sized Punch-Out? Guess who wins?
Every. Single. Time.

You'd think he'd be going insane by now.

>tfw no Steins;Gate collection

never ever

NO

Wii U version of the Breath Of The Wild's worth it?

If you dont have a Switch, sure.
Its the same shit just not portable.

O-okie dokie.
Nice.

Mario Kart Pro Cup Tournament

150cc, no items, no coins
3766-9674-1419

I would guess that Bowser values strength over intelligence. He's strong yet dumbass, so his plans are always failure because he's not good at reasoning.

No

bump i guess

Yes, definitely.

wait is that Rune Factory 4? because RF4 doesnt look like that

yeah I assumed I would fuck up a bit while googling new pics for the chart, can you give me a good in-game pic? (no cutscenes or promo art)

Thanks, fixed it.

Has anyone got pictures of the ARMS preview in edge?

>4 second difference
damn

My n3DS battery is bloated and almost dead. I can only find regular 3DS or n3DSXL replacements, what's the deal with that?

Hey guys, member of the ARMS localization team here. I feel like you all would appreciate some leaks, since there's not much info out about the game right now. I'll start with the fighters. You've probably seen the pictures pulled from the livestream, which brings the character count up to 10. That's how many fighters the game is launching with. The three unannounced ones are:

Royal Flush-
That one white-with-purple-eyes fighter, he's actually themed around a toilet. His arms are made of toilet paper, and his head/body is meant to resemble a toilet bowl. His attribute is that his punches are faster than other fighters, but his arms break much easier.

Upload-
This is the blue robot fighter. He looks very hastily put together, with his head plopped onto a completely different robot body and a bunch of wires sticking out all over him. His arms are also wires, which goes along with his attribute. When he punches another fighter's punch out of the air he shocks them for a bit of damage.

Blossom-
This is the darker-skinned fighter. Her whole theme is flowers, with vine arms and a bunch of flowers all over her body. Her attribute is all about not getting hit, the longer she goes without being stunned/knocked down the faster she moves and the more damage her punches/throws do.

There's also quite a few unannounced gloves, but I only know what some of them do. There's a paint roller glove that rolls on the ground and blinds when it hits, a spring glove (that's the best I can describe it as, it looks really weird) that bounces off walls to come back to you quick if you miss, and a bomb glove that explodes if the opponent is blocking to deal more damage to their arms. There were some other ones I've seen (one looks like a plunger, one's literally a blue cube) but I don't know what they do.

I've got some time before I have to go, so if anyone has some questions about other things in the game I can try to answer them.

>themed around a toilet
>Royal Flush
Is he poker themed too?

Surprisingly, no. His stage is named Royal Restrooms, and looks like a futuristic bathroom store, so I'm assuming he's meant to be their mascot.

I need to open up my New 3DS to see if I can repair my extremely wonky R button, but I think I've seen others say before that removing the battery will wipe some data. Is that true?

I just removed it and the only thing gone was the internal clock

Thanks, and upon opening it holy shit this part is so tiny. I have idea how to either identify what's been wrong with it or to fix it

i can confirm removing batteries only fucks up the internal clock of devices

Blossom sounds cute as fuck, thanks for the info dude.

So, I just called Nintendo and set up a repair for my left joycon because it desyncs all the time. I can remember whether they said to send only the joycon in or the console too. I would assume just the joycon, but I don't want to send it without everything the need

When I called them they asked for the joy con only! Hopefully this helps user

$1000 more in price than when I told you faggots to buy.

$3k+ sell goal.

Actually that's nice to know. I guess I'll just send the joycon. Thanks!

Now I really regret never getting this.

Now I really regret never getting this.

I can't wait for Retro's new project

My dudes:

Since December I've got this cool 2DS but I don't really have any actual game besides Pokemon Sun which came installed.

I'm prepared to get my first physical game, and I was thinking about Rune Factory 4, but that shit ain't at all available in Europe and it's sad as fucking fuck (probably will have to go towards hacking it).

So I'm right now torn between Bravely Default (which is at 30 euros) or Radiant Historia remake, but I'm open for suggestions so whaddya think I should get?

I suggest a 2ds lite with ez3in1 and supercard dstwo+

Thnx babt

check

Anyone got the kirby games flowchart pic?

>unironically recommending jap shit

>unironically recommending jap shit

@176168075
You're not babt go away retard

>*your

I farted and all that came out was a breath of the wild then a link from my past

Anyone else refuse to buy a switch?

its trash actually

Should watch out i heard it contains led that makes your dick fall off

heya /nintyg/ It's Sunday night so as promised here is the new era (if temporary) of /mk8g/. Thread #1-D (for Deluxe)
Keep the cancer to a minimum and have fun karting throughout the week!
#

#

#

Does anyone know of some decent third party N64 controllers in the $20-30 price range? I just discovered HID to Vpad so I'd like to buy some to use with my Wii U.

Picked this up at a yard sale, can't tell if it's a reproduction or not. Anyone know?

Why would you torture yourself with a N64 controller?

Because playing Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, etc with a Wii U pro controller is dicks.

Why? if you want the 8 directions defined you could use a GC controller.

A c-stick would be an improvement but still doesn't feel quite as good as the c-buttons for most games imo.

Meh, might as well.

use a fighting stick

review my story

Super Mario Galaxy was a mistake

it's better than sunshine