/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #78

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Best Boy Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR:Automata Strategy Guide Content and Concert Spoilers]
pastebin.com/RiMtWAns

>[NieR:Automata Novellas] - Full Translations
mintychu.dreamwidth.org/

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

>[Drakengard 1,2,3+Chip tunes]
mega.nz/#!uYNw2RSR!1o1NmDIIik6nb3YPZWwTIVWHHglCQK18DiLAKXpvrqM

>[Nier+Remix albums+Piano Collection]
mega.nz/#!7dNlQa5Y!r8NsLOq044JoNM6-V1oSzXGNDb3h6_wAAgfXi0xYd_g

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62778898
pastebin.com/kJx42ddA
pastebin.com/RiMtWAns
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA
twitter.com/akui_Auto/status/860962903259619328
steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512133550435608/)
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860824252202627072
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860824838666993664
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860834037832728576
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860835540693733376
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCKING NOWE! REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

anyone?

stubby

Is Pascal taller or smaller than her voice actress (4'9 / 145cm)?

Both Memory Cage and Memory Thorn should've been a part of the game as endgame VN sections somewhere inside the Tower.

They add so much characterization for relationships of 2B and 9S it's not even funny. And basically cement them as probably the best love story in the entire medium.

>This is the kindest, sweetest general I've ever seen.
This is why I love hanging out here.

Wasn't it selfish by 9S? He basically made her eternally suffer for his sins. Do you think for 2B to live with memories of killing him is better than just die? It's not like she will be restored as she failed her mission(see 11B).

I updated the archive with the most recent translations by the way
Do we have a tldr for little flowers or sea of tranquility yet? I'm assuming a lot of people are translating the fifth concert script at the moment

Thanks, as109

Pascal is 250cm

He is a big tin can.

Giving the girl she loves a reason to live? Selfish? No. Not entirely at the very least.

Living is always better than dying, especially if there's a vague hope she can cling to. And in the end it all paid out.

Just looked at my book. Pascal is 8'2 (250cm)

Interesting how Virtuous Contract, Cruel Blood Oath, Virtuous Treaty and Japanese Weight Of the World were there all the time. But without the context from new lore, they were too vague and open to interpretation.

This is indeed the best love story I've ever seen(played/heard/read). Funny how it is not even about real humans. Or is it?

Pascal has a cute VA.

Remove no way

Am I canon, Manah?

Androids are humanity's creation and its child. It's up to them to surpass their predecessors.

It's probably one of the main reasons Taro allowed them to survive as he hates humans.

Can a machine love?

Any drawfags in this thread? Or does anyone have pictures of loli 2B with an older 9S(like Adam and Eve's age)?

Who the fuck is this kid? I don't remember making him.

If machine core-based androids can, of course.

Only when she is sober.

>played through the game 3 times
>probably drools over 9S

CUTEST-LEWDEST CANON COUPLE

Like this?

21O and 9S smut.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62778898

She's pretty adorable.

male 2B female 9S or older 9S and younger 2B are god tier combos

Base combo is already godly.
>2B looks older
>in fact it's 9S who quickly outgrows her mentally despite his younger appearance

You are right, I think I've made a wrong conclusion from this. As I've read concert script it is clear that losing memories is worse than a death for android. And 9S was willing to do it if it means that 2B will live and he will meet her again, if it will be only 2B who kills him. This is sad.

Have this one too.

Reverse Jointed Goliath, and just use the running /and laser attack.

I don't really see how anyone could read this and think that 9S wants revenge on 2B. He literally would rather kill himself than her, just to see her again.

The problem with **** moment is that Taro confirmed that 9S partially merged with Adam.
If it's "kill", it's only thanks to Adam's tulpa that took a root inside 9S.
By himself 9S would never even think about "kill".

Smol 2B.

>Adult 9SHe'd probably make the entire Bunker hetero again

>If it's "kill", it's only thanks to Adam's tulpa
definitely this. Soul Box boss had gay band move set for a reason and we know how it ended. I am not entirely sold on the idea of adam/steve actually fully merging with 9S, he definitely wasn't schizophrenic even at the top of the tower.
He got some of their parts in him for sure and saw them as a representation of network/virus inside him.

Well he had enough of Eve in him to start seriously tripping at the end of route A/B judging by side materials at the very least. Maybe he was able to sort most of it later but gay band certainly took at least a small root inside his mind.

Daddy 9S is best 9S.

Always.

absurdly cute

>gay band certainly took at least a small root inside his mind.
yeah seems like even though pods were able to restore his consciousness from the network it still had some gay thoughts left inside.
They were probably empowered by logic virus after. Still, at the D ending when virus presumably was deactivated(judging from concert script) there was no hatred left.

>by the end of a game 9S is a weird fusion of android and machine mind who literally asspulls himself back into living just to calm down griefing, falling apart 2B

Thank you, user!

It doesn't seem to me like much of anything that Adam says makes sense directed at 9S, unless he's somehow predicting that 9S is going to go crazy homicidal later after 2B dies.

We know that Adam himself is obviously infatuated with hate, and views it as a defining aspect of humanity. So I feel like he's basically just projecting his own negative feelings about humans and his own obsessions onto 9S - and, by extension, also onto us, the viewer - rather than truly saying anything much about how 9S really feels.

So I'm not sure the **** actually means fuck or kill or really anything at all about what 9S desires, but is rather Adam's assumptions about what we - the humans he is so cynical about - desire. And he's just lumping 9S in with us because he assumes that all life at it's core must be driven by hate and vile desire.

Fine, here you go. Gets kinda kinky towards the end.

Concert paste is updated with all the new translations:
pastebin.com/kJx42ddA

For you!

What if the Machine Children didn't kill themselves out of fear, but were instructed to by N2 to fuck with Pascal?

Strategy Guide paste is also updated with all the new translations:
pastebin.com/RiMtWAns

There are also tldrs of Story section and 2 other novellas available now.

>pascal vs engels

Of course it was all part of the plan. Theres no logical explanation why N2 would go out of its way to send million tanks to kill a bunch of childbots and Pascal. If N2 truly wanted them dead he could have just forcibly connect them to the Network again.

Got chu.

That's a possibility.

This game had its moments

That scene where Devola and Popola are embracing each other was ruined by Emil though.

>pastebin.com/RiMtWAns
Thanks for the tldrs, the sea of tranquility one is really interesting, this and the YoRHa concert side story make it clear that nobody outside of this specific pod knows that there are no humans on the moon

Please help me.

I was doing route C and got to the part where 2B and 9S detonate their black boxes again after getting swarmed by the mind-controlled YoRHa soldiers. The screen went white and has stayed that way. It's been over 15 minutes already and I'm just looking at a white screen while hearing explosions in the background. What's going on?

I was under the impression that they had never actually left the network, and that N2 had just allowed them to believe they had to see what they would do

The game froze.

That's weird, since the music was still fine. Had to reset and lost half an hour of playtime.

Thanks Taro.

>Report: But did you know? Apparently today's lucky number is 9.
wew
number 9 sure created a creepy thing

That's bad, man. I hope you'll have better chance next time.

Has someone actually beaten the final DLC challenge in the Flooded City arena legitimately yet? I've only seen people God Mode it. If so, what's the strategy?

So far, I've tried stacking taunt ups, crit ups and weapon attack up chips and such to basically get massive damage output against taunted enemies as A2 using Crit+ weapons too, but the problem with that is that every single hit just straight-up kills you. Even with Overclock and the Evasive System, it still happens way too easily that some stray projectile or an offscreen enemy happens to hit you and then you're dead and need to do the challenge all over again. Then I've tried stacking all defence and health up chips, which actually do let you take a hit, but you also need to slot in some chips to recover health and preferably use Phoenix Weapons and Angel's Folly to actually recover health after a hit, since you can't use items. That means the only thing I could fit in to increase attack is a perfect melee attack up chip, and with that I still do way too little damage.

>>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
>mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA
Can someone check this link? It seems to loop "retrieving folder data" infinitely without opening.

works fine for me

Mega is a broken piece of shit
Try opening it in an incognito tab

That worked, thanks!

If you use Nines, and you use hacking chips, and the pod program "Slow", you'll find that Slow resets after every hack, and if you run sprint/dodge circles around the arena while charging Slow, you can usually trap all of the enemies inside the radius, and blow them up with the AoE from the hacking

That's the best way I've found, anyway

And also, use the two weapons with "Bullet Rupture", because it's invaluable to combo with something like overclock or evasive systems

I'm the uploader, it works fine for me but maybe it glitched out because I was updating it earlier

Thanks for the tips. Was this the best way you found to get past the tank or beat the entire challenge?

I've been playing around with the idea of using 9S with a bunch of Stun Up chips, because those are kind of nuts. Guess it's time to actually do it.

twitter.com/akui_Auto/status/860962903259619328

I haven't beaten all of it yet, so I'm not sure how it holds up, but don't forget you can make multiple chipsets and switch weapons mid-fight, so you aren't locked into it, you're only locked into being Nines

And since you can't really find a ton of time to use A2's taunt, I suggest rebinding the pod flashlight key for taunting to something more friendly

I also found no reason to bring either her or 2B, since using berserk is just a deathwish anyway

Adorable.

Should I get NieR:Automata on PC or ps4?

Taro is cute.

If you have an AMD video card and/or are unwilling to wait for Platinum's long overdue bug fix patch, go for the PS4.

If you want to eventually be able to make use of mods or have a powerful video card and want to take high res screenshots, get the PC version.

I got a r9 280x

>AMD video card
It's only the RX480 stop grouping everything together.

You should fucking get out, that's for sure. Seriously, don't spoil the experience for yourself, just play until you know what does ending E means. It's a game where even searching for a track from the OST on YouTube can ruin the story for you.

I have the PS4 version, by the way. I hear that the controls are clunky on the PC with the mouse and the keyboard, but it's just perfect with a controller. I guess graphics are nicer on the PC if you have a good rig. I'm a consol fag ever since I got my PS, since sitting before the huge screen without hearing the buzzing of the PC is just max comfy for me, so because of this I suggest the PS4 version.

You're good

so I should get pc?

>I got a r9 280x
Go to the Steam forums that have a workaround for the Nier AMD whitescreen bug (steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512133550435608/) and ask them whether it works with your card.

ps4 if you intend to sell it, like owning physical media, have shit PC or hate steam
if neither of these you can get pc version

what are those 4 tweets from Yoko Taro?
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860824252202627072
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860824838666993664
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860834037832728576
twitter.com/yokotaro/status/860835540693733376

After ending E aside from the main trio theres could be some yoRHa corpses laying around in other zones? Like 4S and stuff? Could the pods and the main trio re-active some of them? Obviously they would have no memories

I never knew I wanted this so badly. A2 deserves a shota of her own to love and protect.

9S literally asspulled himself from his blackbox just because 2B was dying from grief near him. No, nothing like this will happen to anyone else, sorry.

Their own pods probably already deleted their data as according to the YorHa program.

Reminder that Taro never really intended for Caim and Angelus to bang

reminder that angelus isn't even the canon name

The only other YorHa members with pods we see are the E-type in Amnesia and the dead ones you loot for programs. The bulk of the units we see don't have them. I don't think they're standard-issue.

I think Nowe was "the chosen one" because he is the greatest weapon to fight against god, and god being yoko taro, who wants nothing more than suffering and despair hates him because he contradict him in everything about making a character.
Yoko Taro also stated that drakengard 2 is the worst route simply because its ending C is where human won over god and dragon, hence ending all the suffering and despair yoko taro wants.

Of course.
Simone, Machine with a Dream, Machine in Love, and Machine with Makeup all loved Jean-Paul.
The range of emotions that a machine is able to feel is narrow so not all machines are capable of love but some are definitely capable of it.

I suppose the next game will have a male android as a protagonist. What do you guys think? Not a combat model tho, maybe other type of android, one who can time-jump would be dope.