Dodge Viper ACR prepares for Nürburgring lap record assault

>The Dodge Viper is weeks away from ceasing production for good, and fans are determined to see it go out with a bang.
>That’s why 378 of them banded together to provide funds for one final assault on the Nürburgring. The funds were required to ship two 2017 Dodge Viper ACRs to the German track plus pay for its use and various other expenses

>Tasked with doing the driving in this latest attempt is German racing duo Dominik Farnbacher and Luca Stolz. Both know the Nürburgring intimately. Farnbacher was the driver of the Viper ACR that set the record in 2011, while Stolz regularly races at the ‘Ring. They’ve been practicing with the latest Viper ACR since July 19.

>practicing with the latest Viper ACR since July 19
What's taking them so long?

When you're going to push a 645 hp car that hard you need to kno every little thing about it.
Look at the gtr that did a backflip at the ring. That comes from not knowing the cars limits

No more Vipers ever?

It's already set lap records on 13 other tracks. If it had a flaw like that they would know about it by now. Also it's a production car so it's not as aggressive as that GTR race car.

No.
They're closing the factory where they're made.

>fans are determined to see it go out with a bang
>378 of them banded together to provide funds for one final assault on the Nürburgring
I don't like Dodge, but this is pretty fucking cool.

>2 cars
>team of 28 people
>2 drivers very familiar with the track and racing
>6 days without a result

It's obviously not as good as they expected.

Yes. Until dodge becomes jew soon and tries to make an FF turbo 4 cyl/EV with the dodge viper brand.

Practice makes perfect user. Do you think nissan just grabbed a chink, threw him in the GTR, and he was doing low 7s from the get go?

d-do you guys think that if its fast enough they will put it back into production?

Fuck off, this is hype tier
GO SNEK GO!
SHOW THEM YOU CAN STILL DO IT

Who cares. The viper is a pos.

He means the driver needs to understand the combination of the car and track.

>What's taking them so long?
They can't beat the p1 lm. Hell, I doubt they can beat 918 either.

They wanted to have 5 days dry practice, but I believe it's rained twice, so they had to do wet laps. Otherwise, they're there for a week and a half I believe, so they probably want the best time they can get before they make an announcement

Please don't let Dodge bring SRT down to their level, that would be like Mercedes making an AMG A-class named the CLK

>They can't beat the p1 lm
P1 LM isn't even in the production section of the nurburgring wiki so it doesn't matter. only the 918 and Huracan do.

It wouldn't surprise me user.

It really wouldn't. Compared to the rest dodge has been the most uncucked brand, with many fast cars, even FF or 4 door cars being fast in a relative way.

But now? buddy i am pretty sure that if they ever remake the viper in 10 years or more its gonna be just an FF V6 or inline 4.

The SRT-4 was a thing.

It's just gonna be an electric or hybrid ((((technology showcase)))) flagship model that's way out of reach for anyone but the richest of the rich, if they ever bring it back at all.

Yes, but it wasn't called the Viper.

SRT start d out as Team Viper, and once development finished, they became Street and Racing Technology. Then they essentially became in-house tuning in the AMG or M-series sense, but the only standalone car they had was the Viper. Everything else had a Dodge counterpart, like the Neon, Challenger or Charger.

So to make a tuned Neon is fine, because their focus was always on the Viper or hellkitty. But since they discontinued the Viper, they no longer have a standalone car, which worries me that they might be forced to fully integrate into the Dodge and FCA corporate structure.