Noob? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kv15-bfLKeA
youtube.com/watch?v=zjL_BO4fPpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The large, boxy panniers have strapping points so you can stack stuff on top as well as gaining the extra capacity the boxes themselves give.

first for SAM happened

>Ride same size bike as mine
>actually has this thing call torque
What is this magic? How can I possibly move from idle?!

fuck off squid

>fat
>no gear
Oh shit I can't deny it anymore. That is definitely an American /dbt/ poster.
I guess I was wrong. SAM happened, I admit it.

WTF is a SAM?

Surface to
Air
Missle

I managed to pack all in this bag, the rest is just tent and sleeping bag

en route to SEM

Holy fucking shit why is a hockey puck on a stick so freakishly expensive.

just UJM things

>tfw 95% of riding is under 4000 rpm
>4% of riding is spinning out to 8000 rpm on onramps
>1% of riding is winding it out to redline on a country road so the bores wear evenly

forgot pic

also

crash bungs or bars?

Quick question
Do we get there on the 29 or in the evening?

You have to find a gas station

Exactly. Now if you cared about your tent and sleeping bag getting wet like I do, you'd end up with 2 saddlebags and a roll for the tent.

Noice
Leaving tomorrow in the AM.

Me, I'll arrive on the 29th around early afternoon-ish.

duke 390 a shit?

Tent is waterproof anyway and so is sleeping bag
Should it start raining hard i'll have the tarp on the ready to cover everything

29th, although I will already be at the campsite on friday

Have fun guys
Unfortunately I won't make it this year

but i was gonna let you be the big spoon this time

I swear being almostbike is even worse than nobike. So close I can fucking taste it.

Just supersport things
>spend 99% of your riding above 4K rpm
>can barely move if you let it go below 3K
>close ratio gearbox means you don't actually have tall gears for highway riding, nor do you have low gears for launching or city riding
>ow my back

Implying almostbike isn't the same as nobike

>tfw still at least two months away from getting my license
fucking takes forever
i guess at least it lets me take my time picking a bike

It's like nobike but you're $200 away from being able to buy what you want and every day between now and payday is it's own private hell

I pick mine up TOMORROW.

what are you getting user?

How often should I lube my chain with daily rain?

:(
>no FKG
>no big yellow
>no SEF
>no R65
>don't know if ZR, R6, KLR or Fireblade are coming
Damn it, CB 400 and me are gonna be like the only original SEM attendees, and AT and me are going to be like the only Germans too.
You never made that flag design either, I am disappoint.

If this guy on Craigslist would fucking get back to me I could pick up a gs500e for a grand right fucking now but mostly im trying to snag a $1500 cruiser. I can stretch to $1200 right now but can make $1500 on Friday which would put me in a better position to buy anything suitable for a first bike. Once I get my poorly advised car loan transferred to some schmuck I plan to save for a few months and drop up to $3500 to trade up to something nice. If I do get the cruiser I'll go for a CB500F, if I wind up starting with a GS500 I'll get a nice cruiser. It's tempting to just go and finance the CB500 but I'm sure I'll get fucked on full coverage.

Do you guys ride by yourself or with others more?

I ride with the devil on my tail.

reminder that both real SAM and fake SAM had no injuries or deaths associated with travel to from or at the meets.

Harley dude rides with the spirit of Abraham Lincoln

I rode ur mums pussay last nite feggit!!!!!

Alone. No friends

youtube.com/watch?v=kv15-bfLKeA

Supersport back problem meme.
I was more comfortable on a supersport than on a cruiser.
I will give that the seat itself is more comfortable, just the position is uncomfortable to me.

Harley dude rides next to Lincoln with Jefferson riding bitch giving handjobs while Ben Franklin calls down the thunder and George Washington plays the Star Spangled Banner on guitar.

I keep trying to get my friends to get bikes.
I guess I could try to ride with kit kat or cactus, but hesitant of that idea.
I ride with my brother and my dad when I'm home tho. Occasionally with their mc if they're doing a thing.

It's not unbearable. I can ride all day, but it's just not very comfy for longer rides.
It's more comfortable than my dual sports at least.

Wasn't lincoln a closet homosexual.
Guess it kinda fits.

100% agree.
Rode my dual sport for 2hrs one time, ass was done and my back wasn't doing too great.

How much of a flabby faggot are you? Seriously, fucking exercise.

I've ridden 12+ hour days on my TW, XR400, DR650 and just recently a little over two months worth on a fuck awful Enfield Himalya through Nepal.

Mostly by myself but I've been riding with friends quite a bit lately.

>I keep trying to get my friends to get bikes.
Not worth it IMO. Riding with new riders sucks.

Same desu

>Tits at a 90 degree angle to her body
Fucking gooks

>tfw new rider

I went for a small-ish trip with a friend, it's 200km one way. He rides a Yamaha Dragstar that won't move faster than 120 kmph. It was rather boring, but then again, if I were alone I would not go at all.

Gravity defying alien amazon catgirl superboobs

Just applied for a job at local BMW motorrad.

supersport wrist problem not a meme but only if you already have carpal tunnel

>you will never aisha her clan-clans

Why does the src950 look so much like an old ujm?

Why do 1970's Honda cb fours look like triumphs?

Took my Harley out for a rip today.
Every time I twist the throttle and lay into corners at twice the posted limit I hear the spirits of America communicating with me. As I spanked a boosa doing some touge I was whispered sweet nothings into my ears from the spirit of teddy Roosevelt. He reminded me of his conquests during the boor wars and his many exotic trophy hunts.

I am proud to be part of this legendary brotherhood

>be college grad
>living under parent's roof while waiting on military commission paperwork
>take motorcycle classes and pass tests
>actually had a lot of fun just learning how to ride
>really stoked to get a bike
>dad is cool with it (been riding since he was 14) and mom begrudgingly is okay with it
>suddenly friend-of-mom's son dies in a single motorcycle incident
>priest at church the next day has a prayer intention for a different young man on a bike who collided with a grass cutter, killing them both
>real sad shit desu
>now mom and dad act like the next time I get on anything with less than four wheels it will be my doom
>forbid me to buy a bike while I'm with them
>reminds me of when a family friend's daughter died in a Honda crash right around the time I was getting my basic driver's license
>also really sad shit
>parents forbid me to buy a "Honda deathtrap" ever
>the family friends don't seem to think that way because they have a fucking Honda regardless
TL;DR I'm going to be a nobike for the foreseeable future. Dad won't even let me ride his bike. And now that it's summer everyone around here is riding their bikes in this beautiful weather. Even the goddamn captcha was a bike. Fuck me.

Thanks for reading my bitching

I've gotten the wrist problem on more than just a supersport tho.

When I did that, pretty flabby. Would still probably be pretty uncomfortable if I did it now.
It was also just straight highway riding, so maybe the boredom and the fact I couldn't go past 70mph added to it.

Road-spools
Trail-bars

Bars can gouge and get caught during a pavement slide, but offer better protection for a dropped bike.

what was the name of that instructional video with the awful acting?

2 nukes werent enough

twist of the wrist

much obliged

youtube.com/watch?v=zjL_BO4fPpU

Stop being a bitch and get a bike regardless. It's your life, not theirs.
They gave you life, it wasn't your choice, now they can't stop providing you simply because you have your own will.

You're free to join the military but not to ride a motorcycle? What the fuck is wrong with Americans?

Just buy a bike and ride it home presenting your parents with the fait accompli.

just get a bike anyway

what will your parents do, kick you out?

I'm living under their roof so I respect their rules.

Believe me, if I was living on my own I would be out riding right now.

I always see michael jordan edition GSXRs on CL. Are they an actual thing or just aftermarket?

Are you retarded?
You respect the rules of two people who grew you and think it's okay if you go kill people and risk being killed but not if you ride a vehicle?

No respect for that shit whatsoever. It's your life, you only have one. You want a bike? Get the damn bike. They're your parents, not your fucking landlord.

Why are european manufacturers more expensive?

>take class
>two months pass
>eventually pick up license
>two months pass
>eventually buy bike
>one month passes
>eventually insure and title bike
>tfw slowpoke
should I text my MSF classmates who gave me their numbers to let them know I have a bike now or will they laugh at me?
>mfw remembering I told them I was planning to get a 300 and being concerned for someone's safety who said they'd already bought a cbr500r
man, I didn't know shit back then. At least I ended up get a 650

I don't think you understand. I'M LIVING UNDER THEIR ROOF. It's their house, their rules. They are my fucking landlords for the time being and more than that they are my parents. Were you not taught respect for your parents?

>think it's okay if you go kill people and risk being killed
Hey, I didn't say anything about being combat personnel. I could end up killing but I could also easily end up being a life saver instead, and the chances of me being killed either way are low unless I don't keep my wits about me.

because they can't afford to lower the profit margins on bikes, either because they're not selling a bunch of cheap to make, expensive to buy shit to make up for it, or because they value their image.

Once you become an adult, your parents are also your peers. And they can be idiots.

That said, you fucked up bigtime in life if you still have to live with your parents and it's not even so you can go to school without going under a mountain of debt.

if it's their house and their rules they can kick you out if they really mean it

having a bike > bumming off dad

they could make an absolute killing if they went into the 125cc market.

Yuppies and hipsters would be all over a 125cc beemer.

then park your bike outside on the street.

>I'M LIVING UNDER THEIR ROOF
And?
Does that stop you from being a human being with his own will and dignity?

I don't know why I'm so surprised an army goon is able to see things only as black or white.

flicking it in hard and late apexing is p.scary

also tfw shit body position

Lower volume requires a higher profit margin

>Were you not taught respect for your parents?
Also where your parents not taught to respect their children? Were you not taught to respect your children?

>I could end up killing but I could also easily end up being a life saver instead, and the chances of me being killed either way are low unless I don't keep my wits about me.
Same principle applies for bikes but riding bikes is even less risky.

They've been doing that for years, genius.

The profit margins are absolutely tiny and most people buying 125s are after a cheap thing that they'll sell within a couple of years.

You might want to try getting in a shape other than round.

I'm 50 and will go out on my meme wheeled WR450 all fucking day.

>and most people buying 125s are after a cheap thing that they'll sell within a couple of years.
in the UK and other parts of Europe people are cucked by the 125 laws.

Often times you will see a MT 125 going for nearly £4000 because stealerships can exploit these laws.

get a real bike brotha
pic related, me attacking a corner with some bros

>your parents are also your peers. And they can be idiots.
That's not how that works. Parents are always parents and should be treated with respect, elders even more so. I may disagree with them but if I'm living under their roof they have the final say as far as I am concerned. That would go for anybody I live with that isn't my peer. If a roomate told me "you shouldn't have a bike" due to the same situation I would tell him to worry about his own shit because he actually is my peer.

I just graduated, dude. I don't have to live with them but it keeps most of my living expenses to a minimum.

Right next to my car? They care about the riding part not where the bike physically is part.

No, it doesn't. I could say "fuck their rules I'm getting a bike" but that would be shitty and immature of me. That's something that a teenager would do.

>Army
Nope

>Also where your parents not taught to respect their children? Were you not taught to respect your children?
Children aren't to be "respected" like they are a superior. That would be a fucked up perversion of the parent-child relationship.

>Same principle applies for bikes but riding bikes is even less risky.
And you don't think I told them that? In less than 2 years I'm going to be sitting in a hunk of metal moving at a few hundred knots some thousands of feet above the surface of the earth and they are worried about me riding a bike.

There's no way in hell I'm giving up on riding but I have to try a different approach. I'm waiting a week or two and then I'm going to resume looking for a dualsport, considering the two dead men were riding sportbikes maybe I can ease their fears by getting something more "sensible". My parents are just worried about me and I completely understand that. They will worry about me until they are dead. That's just what good parents do.

Why are all of their bikes pigfat?

an MT125 goes for 5k yuros around here and that's before vehicle taxes and stealership fees

I think the MT03 is only like 500 more lol

Point out the pigfat?

I'm 65, freshly retired, and I ride a manual bike all day. Get on my level, nerd.

Theyre getting worse my dude. I liked your early work more

>be about same age (about a year left before degree, currently wrapping up a gap year)
>also living with parents while saving money from job to finish school
>take motorcycle class and pass tests
>actually had a lot of fun just learning how to ride
>really stoked to get a bike
>dad is cool with it and mom begrudgingly is ok with it
but...
>no sudden spate of motorcycle crashes cramping my plans
>no anti-japcrap family members
>buy beautiful bike below budget
>goldwing rider at church that my dad likes is starting a small group for riders, invites me to join
>going out for rides almost every evening and gitting gudder quickly
I'm sorry, user, I really am. That sucks. I know what you mean about living under your parent's roof and respecting; I've almost been kicked out a couple of times for various, fairly legitimate reasons. I'm thankful that my parents are reasonable, thoughtful people. Here's hoping things change for you just in time to pick up a nice baiku for cheap in the fall/winter.

Because heavier bikes are better for touring

I would suggest people buying the MT125 are either more wealthy than the average rider or planning to stick with a 125 for the long haul.

I bought my YBR125C with 3 months on the registration and 120 miles on the clock for £1800 and, despite basically wrecking it (dented tank, broken headlight, scraped exhaust), still got £800 trade in.

*after 14 months and 9500 miles.

>I could say "fuck their rules I'm getting a bike" but that would be shitty and immature of me. That's something that a teenager would do.
Or an adult who is able to decide for himself. Humans don't exist to respect rules, it's the rules who exist for people.

>Children aren't to be "respected" like they are a superior
There's no "superior" in the parent-child relationship, or in life relationships in general. Your idea of relationships is perverted.
>And you don't think I told them that?
Who cares, it's a simple truth, if they're too stupid to understand it their opinion is worthless.
>That's just what good parents do.
Good parents don't impose just because of their irrational fear.