3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
a9lh + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Last edit: May 6

>3DS
-New stable Luma release adds new feature similar to LayeredFS and fixes GBA/DS support for 11.4, among other stuff. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v7.0.4/Luma3DSv7.0.4.7z
-A new kernel exploit for 11.3 has been released. Any 3DS up to 11.3 can be modded. wololo.net/2017/04/11/3ds-hack-nintendo-pushes-firmware-11-4-smealum-releases-kernel-exploit-firmware-11-3/
-11.4 patched the new kernel exploit and soundhax. DO NOT update if you don't have CFW. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.4.0-37
If you want to play online, update Luma to 7.x and/or your 3DS to 11.4. NTR video streaming is currently not supported on 11.4. If you have a CFW, have updated to 11.4 and want to use hbl_loader on the original 3DS, you need to rename the 11.2 payload.
-Themely, a new theme manager, is being developed. gbatemp.net/threads/468707/
-A new developer took over freeShop. gbatemp.net/threads/468436/

>Vita
-New taiHEN release brings PSN spoofing back. henkaku.xyz/changes/
-Adrenaline 4 released, features partial support for PS1 games, including sound. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
-The Vitamin source code has been released. twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/860878134345859072

>PS4
-Reports of a 4.5x jailbreak have surfaced, no plans for release have been confirmed yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

ccm.net/faq/38550-how-to-reset-a-wii-u-console-to-factory-settings
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13995/~/microsd-cards-that-have-been-tested-to-work-with-the-new-nintendo-3ds-xl
lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/01/15/upgrading-your-3ds-sd-card/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

switchax when?

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

PS4hax when? I want a new console to hack.

Feels like all the scenes are dead.

botw jp undub when?
thank you nintendo

I recently installed Luma homebrew on my 3DS.

If I replace the SD card and place all the original files on the original SD to the new one, is it going to work without problems?

Is it possible to install DLC's on CIA format? Do I just run FBI and install it using that, or is there a special way for DLC's?

Yes, works just like that.

5 hours.

Yes, works just like that.

If I reset my Wii U to factory settings, will it affect the games I installed (with WUP) on my USB?

So is this shitty Zelda game 20.0 stable yet? Can you get 30fps with an i3?

If /hbg/ could have the ps4 or switch be hacked wide the fuck open tomorrow, which one you guys pick? keep in mind the switch is a bunch of promised titles, and nothing is set in stone. but if those games do release, it would provide a lot of great titles.

Thank you.

#
I already got a micro SD card for my DSi and a USB SD card reader so it looks like I'm settled. The one I have is only 2GB though so I'll look into buying a bigger one.

Samsung or Kingston 32GB ones are like 15€ over Amazon. 64GB a little less than the double. Say I want to delete games later on to free space up, can I keep my saves or not? If I can't I'd be tempted to go 64GB then.

Please help me, I combed the internet for an answer and couldn't get anything useful.

My hacked 3DS died the other day, the SD with hacked nand is still operational. If I buy another 3DS and hack it will I be able to boot that nand from the SD?
Or is there a way to extract the saves from SD and move them to new SD?
Please help gents.

Nope

How much of an improvement is the Freeshop fork?

no it's all gone

Firstly, how easy will it be to mod a ps3 to get Persona 5 for free, as well as information on if it's possible to remote play P5 with the Vita?

Secondly, what's the recommended SD card size for Vita modding? I have access to a 8GB SD but I feel as if that may be too small.

Go back to and kill yourself, EOP.

good luck finding a pkg/rap for Persona 5

If you mean formatting it, then yes.

Never have I seen a company so stupid and backwards before. I wonder what the hell happens inside Nintendo's headquarters, but at least the free update thing gives more proof that Nintendo does listen to their fans sometimes.

Unless you can compile it yourself, not much.
3.0.0 didn't do much except for giving you two memory bars (remaining SD and TWLNAND space), a clock next to it and 6 games per screen instead of the former 8.
If you can compile it yourself, then it also has sleep mode downloading.

the saves you backed up with JKSM are still good, but everything else is dead

>If you mean formatting it, then yes.

I mean doing this
ccm.net/faq/38550-how-to-reset-a-wii-u-console-to-factory-settings

While having my USB unplugged.

Thanks for the info, user.

Also, is there a compatibility list for PS1 games working on Adrenaline? Or, rather, is there a list of notable games that don't work?

Generally speaking, it's the same as the PSP.

Well, obviously, you can keep your games on your USB unplugged. It will only delete everything that's in the console.

I'm not sure if your Wii U will detect and let you play the games from your USB after the reset, though. If that helps anything, you can reinstall your games again after the reset with WUP.

I... sorry I don't know all the terms and such.

Can you elaborate please?

Alright, I know you guys must get these kinda questions all the time, so I apologize in advance.
I don't wanna' be spoon fed, just a few yes or nos.

Can i install CFW on a New 3DSXL running 11.2.0-35E, just using a PC and I assume and SD card. No hardmod or specific stuff like the age old 'magic battery' from early PSP homebrew?
If so can I play pirate games on it? Or just dick around with save editors and custom homebrew apps and the like?

yes

Thank you, ill check around the OP links for specifics.

launch FBI
choose "TitleDB"
wait a few second
look for "JKSM" or "JK's Save Manager"
install it

Thanks again, friend.

I'm finally in a position to buy a Vita memory card. Gonna go with the 64GB. Yeah, I know about the failure rate, but I'm willing to take a chance on it and see what happens.

Whenever I see this I just think of the 3ds one for a few minutes.

I just hope we get ps4hax before December since my nana has plans to get me a game then and I don't wanna not play a game my nana gets me since that is a dick move but I do wanna be able to do some extra stuff with my ps4.

So
>I get a new console
>hack it as appropriate
>copy the saves and such from SD card to new SD with current emunand
>fire up JKSM to retrieve the saves
Did I miss anything?

>ps4
PS4 has been out for a long time so it would be pretty nice, also there is some promising developments for it anyway and not too unrealistic. Also it has a pretty decent roster of games at the moment with more to come soon enough to make it worth it.
Switch is bound to get hacked eventually in a decent time frame anyway since it's Nintendo.

Rebooting on the last step of the 3ds guide doesn't let me scroll for the "Show NAND or user string in system setttings". Did I fuck up?

anyone know where i can download EUR Wii U games that aren't on the USB Helper? and Wii games for the Wii U, like Smooth Moves etc.

So I can't install homebrew if I'm on 11.4?

Hopefully this isn't too old/obscure a question, but what's the best way to play PS1 backups on a CRT TV? I have a PS2 slim.

with an emulator

>what's the best way to play PS1 backups on a CRT TV?
A PS1 with a modchip soldered in.
Alternatively, you can install UniROM and use that to play your games (though I don't know how well it works).

Yes, but you need to have the old save files obviously

Can I just buy whatever SD card I see over amazon or are there specifics I need to be careful about? Are all SD cards the same?

I'm ready to pick a SanDisk 64GB one for example here.

all are the same, minus a few differences in speed (won't matter in a 3ds)

Which are still present on the SD... unless they are inside of an emunand?

Super cheap ones could prove to be problematic, but pretty much any you find should be fine.
Watch out for too good of deals though.
If you find a 128 for 15 bucks, it's probably an 8 set up to tell computers it's 128.
A 64gb SanDisk should be fine.

>an emulator
>ever the best way to play games
It is an okay way at best but it will never be as good as or better than the real hardware.

sandisj is shit. Buy the MIXZA Shark Edition. It's fucking waterproof!

Obviously don't go for the utterly cheapest, since some of those have high failure rates and some like to advertise large sizes and only deliver small ones relabeled as such. You'll probably want a speed 10/1 or thereabouts, but any faster than that would be a waste. You could probably get away with a slower one, but it'd probably lead to slower loading times.
And obviously read the reviews so you know what people thought, so there's a better chance of not getting something shit.

If they are inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder they're lost forever.

Emulation is already objectively superior for everything 4th gen and earlier.

As far as the 5th gen goes, it's only there for the PS1.

Thanks guys.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13995/~/microsd-cards-that-have-been-tested-to-work-with-the-new-nintendo-3ds-xl

They're saying 64GB ones weren't tested - is it fine still?

(unless you get that 3DS back)

>superior for everything 4th gen and earlier
And yet, we still don't have a 100% cycle accurate NES emulator that supports _all_ mappers (even with the few ones that are marginally different to others), or Mega Drive emulator. Only thing that comes close to 100% is higan and that's really close to it but still not perfect.
So, no. Emulation is (and always will be) inferior.

Which NES games cannot be emulated bug-free?

I'm pretty sure it can handle 64GB ones, but I don't have one to know.

as long as you format a 64gb (or any other size sdxc) card fat32, which isn't allowed by the tool included with windows so you'll need something like the panasonic sd card formatter, it will work with no issues in a 3ds. source: i use one.
and sandisk is a great brand as long as you're getting a genuine product and not a bootleg - take the mixza shark card suggestion with a grain of salt.

Hahahaha smegma btfo

>Which NES games cannot be emulated bug-free?
I can't tell you specific games, since I don't know every game that uses a specific mapper, but here's a table of missing mappers.
Games with those mappers _will_ have bugs (and be it just a small one).
This table represents the mapper support for Mesen, the most accurate NES to date.

a-anyone?

Seems like Google confirms what you're both saying.

>fat32, which isn't allowed by the tool included with windows so you'll need something like the panasonic sd card formatter
Is that a program I need to download and install or something? lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/01/15/upgrading-your-3ds-sd-card/ apparently that's it.

So if they ARE there in this directory on the SD then it's a game over? Shit.

>I can't tell you specific games, since I don't know every game that uses a specific mapper
I'm not asking for every game, I'm asking for one game.
You can't name a single NES game which cannot be emulated perfectly, yet you complain because NES games cannot be emulated perfectly.

Smegma never tried to hide, he even did talks in a public conference about hacking. Why should we be impressed?

That pic is old, back in the day he didn't wanted to show his face.

Babby's first time 3ds hacking. I got all the way to pic related on my o3ds and now my screen is just black when I start up

Hard brick or is it fixable?

any good place to request people to make taihen plugins?

He posted it online and did nothing to prevent it from reflecting on the screen. He clearly didn't care.

take out the sd card

>luma 7.0.5 is out
>he removed the drama portion

Well ill be damn. That guy who bitched pulled it off

previous page clearly told you to boot with the sd out just read

>that guy who bitched
Pretty sure most of us bitched

Didnt saw anyone else bitching in the gbatemp aside from 1 maybe 2 guys. But who cares. Is off, fucking finally

So a kid just bricked my 2DS so I had to restore the Sysnand to a freshly hacked state, I've never had to do this before. how do I go about getting all my games back?

reinstall them

>Currently at 11.2
>Updated Luma to 7.0.5
>Still can't update Pokemon Moon

Is there any other way to download updates without updating my 3ds?

So I gotta get the CIAs back on the memory card and reinstall them all one by one?
Will my saves be alright?

freeshop

Downloading the cia of the update ciangle

Oh I forgot about those thanks

maybe, always use jksm to backup saves never know also the word bricked is thrown around here every time with people not even knowing what it really is did you actually make sure it was a brick and not just some black screen? a brick brick is a blue screen

It was just a black screen.

Actually, and I understand why it can be confusing but, missing mapper numbers don't mean anything. Mapper numbers were assigned by the dumping community based on existing cartridge types. Games using the same type of cartridge were assigned to the same number - some mapper numbers (~30 or so) have never been assigned to anything - no games exist for them.

>cakes

so epic, may i post this on reddit? i'll credit you i promise

I-it's not like I daisuki or anything, /hbg/-chan. Baka! ~

>like clockwork

Getting triggered by >cakes is a bigger meme than >cakes

You have given me much to think about.

that's also quite epic my bros

so smea is a real person? dafuq? o rly?

meant for this. who would have thought?

meant for