>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>acts of crueility are justified if its just a misunderstanding

No fuck them. If they had gone through with it, they would have been cold blooded murderers, and in the real world, you can't just say "oh I thought s/he was a criminal or whatever. You ass is sent to prison. Or worse the chair.

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

Go to the church and ask him him to fuck you

oni chaning

>P3/4/5 best spin off

Which one of you faggots posted this on reddit?

no mt2 no vote

There's no need to be upset.

the angels were gonna do exactly what Keisuke did if you didn't pull some love and friendship out of your asshole
Amane route needed a split like Naoya got, that shit was awful

why does SJ have so much grinding

Everything I want to do, I have to grind first

Want to fuse a new demon? Gotta grind. Need a demon source? Gotta grind. Need a particular ability to help with a boss? Time to grind. Need materials to make a certain item? Get to grinding

fuck me

This is my first mainline SMT, are the others like this? I don't think I've ever seen another RPG be so stingy with giving players money and items

Keisuke should've had his own route.
He's the only character I was behind 100% percent.

The Angels were only going to do it to truly despicable i.e rapists and stuff. Not like people who read manga like in IV or even Blasphemers like Noaya.

I want Law to be like in DeSu 1 getting real tired of Law being so god dam shit.

This is the ideal male protagonist. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.
Who was the artist for Spiral Nemesis?

>tfw had a dream about fellating demifiend last night
>never had a gay inclination or thought in my life but have never had a girlfriend, though i like women
w-what do i do

>Want to fuse a new demon?
Shit is like this in Persona, if you want a demon you have to be that level the fuck is wrong with you?

but git gud I don't remember doing much grinding and as for it being your first Mainline its not a good choice desu. Try Nocturne or IV

This guy is right about everything he said

Is DEEP a remake or a retelling?

>not even being the top

100% gay

>No damage was dealt!
How do I Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei?

get a better weapon

Use your faggot blood to summon Lucifer

MY DEMONS ARE A BIT DIFFERENT

Same game with an alternative and/or expanded route. There's also minimal gameplay changes(e.g you'll be able to save whenever in Deep, in the original we had save points).

Is this a good name?

What's the worst possible thing they could announce about SMT Switch that doesn't involve cancellation?

It's a pokemon crossover
Actually that'd be pretty neat.

>you'll be able to save anywhere
Not cool.

So is Midoriya a good character that is ruined by a awful voice? Or just an awful character?

I'm like 50 hours in at the end of sector grus

The game isn't hard at all, I just hate that I never have any money

Meguro doing soundtrack for it.

Awful voice for awful girl, checks out.

When did we start hating Meguro?
I want Masuko back.
Smirk

Apocalypse spinoff
2d battles
smtiv demons back

Guest designs

Its kinda hilarious that original japanese VA of DeSu1 is just as bad as american dub desu.

>When did we start hating Meguro?
Some time around P1P/SJ/P4

P5 is alright though

>When did we start hating Meguro?
He didn't make anything worthful in a decade, wake the fuck up. I love pre-2008 Meguro, but now the man is lazy trash.

Yeah, teleports/traps won't mean anything when you can just save scum your way through them. Some people just don't like the idea of crawling in a dungeon crawler, I guess.

I mean, was this that bad?

Yes, it's exactly as bad as everyone says it is

It kinda grown up on me on the fourth playthrough. It actually feels better than Doi redrawn version even.

Yes. Can't even compare

Open World.
Social Links.

What the fuck is her problem

I liked P5's OST. Honestly the first good thing he did and that's mostly because he's been doing shitty remixes and Jpop.

>have kept Cerberus with me ever since Valhalla was swallowed
>about to get to get through the final bosses
>I can fuse him to make a demon that will help me way more than he is right now
I'm sorry friend, but you must be fused.

>DUDE LETS TAKE POLARIS AND FUSE HIM WITH OUMAGATSU AND GIVE HIM GAMEPLAY MECHANICS FROM HARI-HARA BOSSFIGHT AND REVEAL HIM IN SIMILAR MANNER AS NYX LMAO
>DUDE LETS COPY AND PASTE KAGUTSUCHI DESIGN FOR MEMENTOS NOBODY PLAYED NOCTURNE ANYWAY LMAO
>DUDE I DON'T WANT TO DIRECT PERSONA ANYMORE WHO GIVES A SHIT LMAO

This game is a definition of worthless shit. I can't believe people unironically praising it all over the place and calling it magnus opus of Hackshino. Did so-called ''''reviewers'''' ever played P3? What the actual fuck, this game is literally laziest amalgamation of every megaten game of Hashino.

Nobody is going to take you seriously with that tone.

S-shut up, nerd.

That and they need to make Neutral's flaws more obvious.

I mean, I don't even disagree with your core argument but when you make that kind of post people are just going to double down on whatever stance they already had.

Mementos is better than Tartarus
At least the first 3 dungeons are great
Good presentation and polish
Slinks actually do shit
Writing has better pacing than P3
Best Meguro OST ever since DDS2

It's not bad per se. It's actually a decent design with a good color palette but it just simply doesn't fit Lucifer.

Well memed, kid.

>perfume bottle
>floating yellow bighead
>floating blue bighead
>disco ball
>edgy teen
>darkskinned six eyed angel dude
Why the dissonisance?

>Slinks actually do shit

Not actually a big fan of this desu. It makes using new party members a bit awkward in some cases because the game intends you to always have baton pass.

Also it makes people value links for their gameplay value over than just the writing when the game is already so piss easy I bet you could beat it just fine doing no non-party slinks at all.

Hashino has literally been ripping off Megaten games since Persona 3, my man

You assume reviewers are autistic as you are.

P3 garbage compared to P5, senpai

P5 is unironically one of the best JRPGs made.

Because this would've been better.

>hear that SMT IV gives a strong argument as to why chaos is horrible
>Yuriko does literally nothing wrong

>I hate good gameplay features

SMT fans in a nutshell

t. butthurt p5baby

that just looks like a garbage ass mech. not that what we got doesn't.

you do this in every thread. you are aware you have a general and a subreddit which eternally hum hashino's praises, yes?

Would you think P2's mechanics can carry into nu-Persona?

I played P3 just before P5 and the two don't even compare, man

Hell, P3 is a mediocre JRPG by itself. I honestly don't know how or why it got a following. Especially considering there's much better JRPGs in the same franchise, and the PS2 certainly wasn't lacking in good JRPGs.

You forgot that Holy Grail literally Kagutsuchi ripoff, it even uses the same attacks.

>how or why it got a following

Easiest dungeons crawling of PS2 JRPGs. Also Social sims man

where'd you hear that? IV unironically has one of the best chaos endings in the series, from the fact you get the best demons from it, hikaru and yuriko are hot, best bro walter, you get to liberate tokyo, all the faggot luxurors die, world of strength, isabeau actually dies for a legit reason other than "MUH MONGA REEEEEE", and you get to be a fucking king.

Apoc does shit all over chaos but that's fine since it shits all over law as well

That Xenoblade mecha's nice user.
Oh right, I forgot, there was that horned gold guy sitting on the saucer

I fucking wish P2 mechanics carried into P3 forward since P3 is so fucking simplistic by comparison

I just realized that looks exactly like a Xenoblade mech and now i'm conflicted because i liked the mech designs in that game. well, a few, at least.

>easiest
More like boringest

Tartarus nearly put me in a coma. Honestly, if it wasn't for idiots saying how great the story is in P3, I would've dropped that game like less than 10 hours in.

How anyone can praise P3, let alone put it above any other Persona game, including P4, is beyond me.

It's story and characters are competent at best, but the combination of awful pacing and Tartarus makes it an absolute slog to get through.

How is that good? Why gate gameplay mechanics?

I like Hifumi but I don't think I should have to do her s-link to have a combat mechanic that should have been there from the start. It's kind of a double slap in P5 because in almost every case the ultimate personas are pretty heavily nerfed.

I do like that in P5 it's a lot more lenient so you can pick the dialogue choices you actually want (it helps that joker isn't kind of a cunt like MC so all his responses tend to range from smooth to normal.) But having s-links get rated in terms of gameplay usefulness goes against the point of having them and shits on the whole Fool's Journey thing.

Go back to /pg/

Name another spin off series that is as consistently as good as Persona 3/4/5

You literally can't.

DDS

You're not wrong in the case of what you get from Hifumi. I feel like that and baton pass should've been standard abilities.

However, most everything else just felt like a nice bonus. Like getting double money if you take enemies out in the first round of combat.

If it just gave you every ability from the start, it would be a bit overpowered.

SMT V will be about Kamen Riders in post-apocalyptic Tokyo, screencap.

Devil Survivor
Devil Summoners
Digital Devil Saga

wow, that was difficult, almost got me there, user!

That's because it is (Gold face in the west, right?).
user posted it because same name as a joke.

All except Devil Children

More like Persona is consistently mediocre desu

Why are all the spinoffs so much better than mainline?

Avatar Tuner game with Kamen Rider Avatars when?

No because you post the worst girl

Neo Persona is better than main line and this upsets /smtg/ deeply.

>DDS
>good

At least Persona has fucking demon fusions and 5 has negotiations. DDS is literally Final Fantasy with an SMT coat of paint.

This. Time to grow up and admit you lost, SMTfags lmao

You can sell some Forma for pretty high Macca. Try that maybe.

>haha dude le ebin shitpost lmoa xd

Majin tensei
>DDS
>when the plot drops somewhat in two
>that slow realisation when no protag owns a sweet bike and traverses through Tokyo on that
20+ years.
More experimentation of settings really. Got SRPGs with cyberpunk or modern day, devil summoning detectives but in comfy non-nuked town, high school shit with grid based combat, Hindu Sentai, etc

jeez calm down haha

You SMTfags are a sensitive bunch aren't ya lol

>i-it's not good because it doesn't play like a reel SMT!
by that logic, p3 and p4 are barely smt games.

>admit you lost
haha whatever bro. I just like good games - if personacucks want to shell out big bucks so we true atlus chads can get game series known for quality without autistic normies shitting things up I'm fine with that

What early demons should I get in SMT1?
Starting to think playing this was a mistake.

delete you fucking post right now motherfucker

>autistic
>normie

>chads
>will eat anything from atlus with the mainline status and felate eachother
True chads are the Devil Summoner bros

I too would like SMT1 advice.
What's a solid way to divide points between the heros for a first playthrough?

P3 and P4 have fusion though, which is pretty much the main defining feature of the SMT series. DDS does not have fusion so it is by definition less of an actual SMT game than P3/4/5.

Final is hated here kid. Otherwise every mainline was good so far.

It would fit an alien who came to do shit. But it is awfully ill fitting for Lucy.

Is there really no shut the fuck up dagda option till the end