Okay Veeky Forums let's talk. What's the deal with these...

Okay Veeky Forums let's talk. What's the deal with these? I have the chance to get one in fairly good condition from a local seller. Yes it's the U.S. Corolla GTS version, I hear they're just tons of fun with no driver assist, ABS, etc so it's all about how you drive. I'm looking for something I can work on and maintain, even upgrade if wanted, but have it be reliable enough for daily driving and some fun at night. Always wanted an AE86 and I'm an amerifag so let's hear it.

>inb4 weeabo
>inb4 notfastenough.jpg
>inb4 it's not an 86 it's a corolla

You want to touch it. You want to put your hands all over its virgin body.

Even if it wasn't the Initial D tofu meme machine, you're still looking at a car that's 30 years old, and parts are likely no longer available.

Oh when you talk like that-

30 years old true, but I enjoy working on cars and making them up to date. Also parts are plenty available especially online, ever heard of CarID com?

Bump? Cmon I wanna know some opinions

Overpriced due to obvious reasons, true they are really fun, have a big aftermarket and is a pure driver experience, but there are options that tick all those boxes without the meme tax.

Let me fix this for you
Cost 86>Celica Supra
Condition most likely found in 86

this. there are plenty of other RWD jap shitboxes you can get that give the same experience of the 86 without the meme tax.

I will look in to that thank you

Look at the aw11 MR2. It even has the 16 valve 4A-GE.

its engine is in the wrong place
they got the drive tires right though

>it's retarded.jpg

Do you really really like the AE86?
Do you have money to blow?
Are you willing to pay a premium price on a 30 year old economy sports car that quite possibly has problems that the dickhead seller will try to hide?
Are you ok with working on possibly every part of the car yourself?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, go for it. But DO YOUR RESEARCH. There's a lot of fucking misinformation about these cars, and if you're going to learn about them, definitely don't trust Veeky Forums to give you a correct answer. Most of these clowns know jackshit about them and just parrot each other.

Honestly, even a fuckin' monkey could work on these cars though, so don't let it deter you. A year ago, I knew nothing about wrenching. Now I'm taking apart the fucking engine.

They are slow, don't handle all that well stock, and everything will be old, rusty, moldy, torn, worn, cracked, dryrotted. But everyone will think you're cool for owning it.

I've never had one but my friends have been messing with these cars since we started driving so I've been around plenty and driven a few.

(I still want one)

>daily driving an AE86 GTS
It will be stolen by Mexicans

>AE86
>no parts
Think again, it's still a fucking Corolla

This

The 4AGE only has 112 horsepower stock. Don't fall for the meme tax, get an AW11 instead

FUCKING THIS

Fucking this. Besides one small [spoiler]big![/spoiler] change in engine placement.

Don't do it OP, get a Starlet KP61 instead and then engine swap it.

I know a fair amount of wrenching and etc. I always keep learning more and getting more experience so I don't mind and I really like the appeal of the car personally. Always wanted one since I was a kid watching videos of the King himself. I'll have to just go with my gut in the end even though I am considering all options. Thanks friend!

Buy an e30 son

>may as well just get a volvo 240
This
volvo 240 is pretty fun my man.

>engine in the middle
>wrong place

>he doesn't drive MR

E30s and BMWs are for fags.

That fucking picture

Its a serious money pit and if you dont know anything about cars i wouldnt get it.