/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #161

You lazy bastards edition.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt (embed)
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tell you how to live.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Reminder that Braben is a Dad and that is why E:D is and will always be a dad game.

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th
>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY (embed)
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w (embed)
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable. SC is in dire need of racy but SFW fanart to be posted in these threads in particular butts and bodysuits. Drawfags, you are work is cut out for you, get to it.

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/anaconda?code=A0p3tiFklnd3sxf5----------------------------.AwRj4yu6g===.Aw18ZVA=.H4sIAAAAAAAAA2MWWsDPwCBSI8rA8J9F6Mad////swkdeACk/jMwMAAAdAoTpx4AAAA=.EweloBhBmSQUwIYHMA28QgIwV0A=
youtube.com/watch?v=TBD7txMVbxs
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/261356-Post-your-Jump-Range
youtube.com/watch?v=51cm0lVxsf0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for ARE NIGE

fear the almighty conda

How will stealth work in SC?

>2M agitator contract to hack a settlement data terminal
>Sooper sekret you'll be contacted with encrypted comms for the location when you get to the system
>OH GEE I WONDER IF IT'S GOING TO BE THE HUGE PENAL COLONY WITH THE 3KM TRASPASS ZONE AND FOUR ANACONDAS GUARDING IT WITH RAILGUNS THAT CAN SOMEHOW BULLSEYE AN SRV
>jump to the specified system
>It's the penal colony

that fucking jump range

Your IR and EM signatures vs. their ability to detect those signal levels at their range.

Delicious god roll

71 is unattainable by any means, not even a max primary and godly secondary will get you that far on an expo stripped conda.

He's in a white dwarf system and boosted from the polar jets before docking. Actual jump range is what... 47.38LY?

I always make fun of E:D but that is cool af tbqh famalia

yeah they don't fuck around too much. saved me several million credits now

I'm way behind on this stuff - how much of the stuff coming in 3.0 is the stuff they said would be in 3.0 last year? Is it all in there?

If so: hyyyyyyyype

It's getting almost everything but 3 planets.

I dont get it, why are Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous in the same general?

I want that Federal Whatever that anons outfitted with all multi-cannon last year. But travelling back to bubble is ugh...

Elite is boring and there's nothing interesting to talk about. Star Citizen is still deep in development and everything interesting is going to happen later. By the power of both being Space Sims, we can just about keep this general alive together on hatred and hype, respectively.

The two games orbit each other around the drain of oblivion. ED doesn't have enough gameplay to sustain a general on it's own. SC isn't actually a game, so a waiting room doesn't fare any better. Together, the two balance each other out and keep the thread going. In addition, the worst parts of Veeky Forums don't seem to last here because there is not one single target to take the general out with..

>transport mission
>Oh no CMDR, somebody tipped off the pirates, because that doesn't happen 100% of the time on every transport mission
>Piratey McFuccboi: Muh big haul!
>interdicked
>Piratey McFuccboi: Drop 1000cr worth of cargo or the shooting starts.
>entire content of hold is 8 tons of biowaste, total value: 64 credits
>am in a dirty CMkIII
>pirate is in an Ass Scoot
>Piratey McFuccboi:Hey where are you going!

It's a different kind of stupid now, but the pirate AI is still fucktarded.

Lumped together eons ago for the lack of popularity on their own. I bet all previous threads are filled to 90% with SC fans getting overhyped all the time and ED fans whining about boredom and quitting.

Also, both games have THE VISION.

LOOK AT THIS DAD

>losing interdicking
>ever

>not just submitting and boosting away because it's faster
>not knowing that the AI will reappear from your destination instead of behind you now, making it impossible for them to catch you again before you drop out of supercruise

Sometimes it's just not fucking worth trying, like when you're in an Anaconda and the guy interdicting you is in literally anything else. I'm not sure the capabilities of an Asp or Cobra because I skipped both, but it does sound pretty shameful.

An NPC in an asp scout has a top speed of like 300. ~225 if he has pips to weapons and is trying to shoot you. A G5 dirty drive modded Cobra will do around 580. It'd be hilarious. You're out of weapons range before his hardpoints even finish deploying and can return to supercuirse immediately.

71 is attainable. There's a bunch of people hovering in the high 60s in functional explorer builds. All this dude did was gut the interior completely.

Aren't all ships the same in supercruise? Just throttle to blue and you'll be done with it in seconds.

The only reason to do otherwise is if you have mines on all hardpoints and feel a little sadistic for all the interdicks you get. Then boost away and let them have it.

>Aren't all ships the same in supercruise?

HAHAHA no.

ya good luck trying to do that fucking mini game in an Imperial Cutter, but at least nothing can mass lock you

has anything happened with that weird fed ship fucked up by Thargloids by Maia or is it just another oh look its NOTHING again?

Is there a comprehensive table of ships with their max speeds, range and such like coriolis - but not abandoned?

Because they're competing for the place of second fiddle to EVE Online.

Absolute max is 66-67LY, and this requires stripping everything, carrying no equipment (not even explore scanners) AND getting god rolls on both the FSD and lightweight mods:

beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/anaconda?code=A0p3tiFklnd3sxf5----------------------------.AwRj4yu6g===.Aw18ZVA=.H4sIAAAAAAAAA2MWWsDPwCBSI8rA8J9F6Mad////swkdeACk/jMwMAAAdAoTpx4AAAA=.EweloBhBmSQUwIYHMA28QgIwV0A=

I'm hitting 63 with twice the stock fuel loadout and non-optimal module loadouts.

My FSD roll gave me 54.4% range but increased the unit weight

with a more perfect roll and better build I honestly believe 75LY is possible

youtube.com/watch?v=TBD7txMVbxs

The FSD range mod always adds weight, and it's not possible to avoid a large weight increase alongside a max range roll because the RNG does balance the penalties against the bonuses.

A perfect G5 FSD roll is +50% optimal with a +5% secondary (+55% total) and %40-ish mass increase by having an integrity penalty that is balanced by a mass decrease. The coriolis link reflects this.

Well then, like I said, my roll was almost perfect but not quite. I am still hitting 63 with 2x the fuel and suboptimal modules.

>the worst parts of Veeky Forums don't seem to last here because there is not one single target to take the general out with..
even generals that deal with entire genres suffer from the usual problems, though I do like it here a lot better than most generals

>Range: 44.53LY

You know we're talking about the range without any synth or star boosts, right?

this is a pre 2.3 build I can't post my current build since I am 23k ly away from sol. I thought you might understand this.

>what is the systems panel

Even worse is that harmless eagles/adders/cobras will still interdick your combat elite corvette for these dumb missions. The game systems in this are retard tier. It's even an Elite combat rank passenger mission.
>Not submitting to kill them for the 'extra mission' credits and to make them go away and not interdick you every 7s

>running salvage missions in a shitbox dadbra in indie space below space chinaman's area
>get Peregrina permit from reaching allied with one of the factions
>may as well check it out
>enormous exclusion zone around the ELW orbiting the gas giant
>extends most of the way to the station

What the shit. What are they hiding?

Fuck off goon

reminder that i blew $180 so I could get a slightly better ship in what'll never get past being a sandbox deathmatch

3.0 was supposed to fix everything, but its intended features won't be in until early 2018. Just end it now.
Seriously though, I can easily see the release of that gutted shitfest patch being a PR nightmare.

I can't tell if these posts are about ED or SC anymore.

ED is only coming up to 2.4.
Also, all ED posting has pretty much disappeared.

What they've done with the new roadmap compared to the old one is that 3.0 is broken up into 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 which essentially makes makes it 3.0+
(the + due to the fact that there are a few ships/mechanics/bits of tech that'll make it in during the next 7 months that wasn't to be introduced in the original 3.0 roadmap)

>most of this thread is ED
>ED's 3.0 is due early 2018
>ED patches are gutted shitfests that cause PR backlash

>ED's 3.0 is due early 2018
xD
please.

Well... the next 7 months if they don't shit the bed like they did with 2.6 and have to spend another 3 months beyond the original targeted date..!

Threadly reminder that SC has a critical lack of skintight suits.

A B S A N D P E C S

Will SC being designed to being able to be played on a Console controller hold back the FPS portion?

SCs fps is designed for KB/M, theres way the fuck too many buttons for a controller and more coming.

Just started ED

I'm poor and I just keep doing cargo missions

what should i be doing, id like to eventually to bounty missions

what ship am i looking to get

>tfw the Robigo Exploit got patched in 2.3

Robigo Exploit = Go to Robigo, take smuggling missions, abandon them, sell slaves back to black market, net increase in money and reputation.

Apparently I was taking slaves, gluing stupid mustaches to them, and then selling them right back to the guys I bought them from for a profit.

Skintight suits are for dumdums

Depends what you're into.
The hobo phase is the honeymoon phase when everything is unknown and looks/feels amazing.

Attached is the latest in ribbit ship progression chart manufacturing. Take a look.

Best way to earn money early is do a couple of stupid cargo missions and then buy a combat ship and start blasting pirates. Also youtube has lots of tutorial vids on how to get started.

Enjoy the Vision™, CMDR o7

Sweet, thats perfect user, thanks

is there guilds or groups in this game to join?
im having fun, zero idea what im doing but its comfy

I don't even know how fast the credits flow for newbies now. When the game first came out you'd make 1k for hauling 4 tons or 500cr for delivering data. Progress was slow enough that it was worth investing in an Eagle to speed things up, which despite being a combat ship also has better everything else over a sidewinder. The Adder didn't exist then otherwise it would be the natural next step as a multipurpose ship. Now though, if you can skip all the way to a Cobra MkIII doing something like killstealing from the space cops, you should since it's the best all-rounder until you're a millionaire.

I think this is my third mission and i'm up to 200k

i was gonna get the viper but if you think the cobra is better ill buy either

That's up to you. The Viper MkIII is combat specialized so you won't be doing much else in it, which limits your income options. The Cobra can fight, just not as well as the Viper. A fighter alternative to the Viper is the Diamondback Scout, which is more maneuverable and has god tier heat management so it can abuse silent running if it loses shields.

Did someone ever consider dumping info like this, or FAQs etc, onto a big OP image like some generals?

Check passenger lounge on stations that you visit. I don't know what it's like in the bubble, but maybe there will be transport or sightseeing missions that pay a few hundred thousand each - then you might want to get something like Dolphin and do these for quick money. It's surprisingly profitable in Jaques - but that's too far and too early to just casually travel on starting ships.

In general, what you are looking for is a station that has plenty of hassle-free missions going to the and star system - check those that aren't available and why. Then work with them doing crap like Data couriering to improve your faction rep and get more and better paying missions.

>iCurry
>nonexistent cargo capacity
>shit jump range
>shieldwall
>interceptor-tier muderboat
>multipurpose

Viper was a valid choice back in beta when it was the fastest ship in the game. Since dadbra3 took that title there's really no reason to get a viper unless you LOVE combat and want to do nothing but combat. Dadbra will be your ship until you want to get something else.

Guys i just ran out of fuel and now fuel rats are helping me

this game is great

>flying snek-named ships
o7 and good dad to you, commandos

They put the Viper-3 on a diet a couple patches ago. It's not that much slower on boost than the Cobra-3 now.

Why did you accept help from filthy redditors instead of honourably self-destructing?

It's the last thing in the right panel in "functions", so you only have to press up once.

Fuck you fag
fuel rats are my boys

homeboy just came out here, fueled my shit up and told me how to get to the next hub and told me about fuel scoops

You are supposed to admit your stupidity, learn about fuel management and self-destruct to clear your conscience.

Fuel rats are pretty cool though, ready to go thousands of light years if some idiot needs rescue.

If you kill yourself do you lose your money

Those torpedos are for blowing cargo hatches open, aren't they?

"Open" as in "inside out". Still, picking on a harmless NPC truckie is just mean.

I doubt that it's any different from any other destruction. Ship repurchase cost plus missions lost (fines for failure where applicable).

If that's an engineered ship, then those are reverb cascade torps, which are nasty. When they hit your shields, they deal damage directly to your shield generator. 6 hits are enough to knock the shields of any ship offline. One of the few weapons the PVP community frowns upon, the others being heat weapons and healing beams.

>newbfag
>figure I'd try exploration for once
>look up exploration guide on youtube
>first video is 55 minutes
>second is 25.
WHAT IS IT WITH FUCKING ELITE PLAYERS AND MAKING SHITTY LONG WINDED YOUTUBE VIDEOS? NIGGA HOW HARD IS IT TO WRITE DOWN THE POINTS YOU NEED TO MAKE AND PUT THEM IN A SNAPPY SHORT VIDEO? THERE IS NO WAY THAT THERE'S EVEN 20 MINUTES WORTH OF INFO IN THAT FUCKING HOUR LONG VIDEO.

anyone know if theres a star citizen ship pack out there for stellaris?

Exploration has 3 simple steps
Honk
Scan
Jump

You're two years too late.
We used to have a decent OP. There's a shallow remnant of it in the OP pastebin.

Just join the discord and we'll give you the rundown.

You know there is only one ship chart that will remain relevant and true.

I'll simplify it for you:

- Get a ship suitable for exploration (see some chart about ships and differences). You want as little mass for maximum jump range.
- Gut out the internals, max out the FSD
- You need a fuel scoop and maybe auto field maintenance units for hairy situations.
- Check galaxy map for something interesting, maybe a nebula
- Start plotting a course
- Always 0 throttle when jumping so you don't end up into the star.

Also find something to watch on the side. Check out some series you've been trying to get into, or if you like cartoons like a 6 year old you can watch anime I hear that works out too.

Also see See the picture for what to scan and what to just leave unscanned.

I think I went dadwinder to Eagle to DBS to Vulture... to iCourier, Orca and Aspie. Then fucked off far away and now have a Dolphin and... a passenger Python.
(pic related)

Also, I miss the good old OP and its Sir Braben shops to tears.

I was stuck in a Cobra for a long time (the courier and DBS wasn't in the game yet at the time) and finally just traded it in for a T6 and was fucking pissed when I found out the T6 was more maneuverable. I used that T6 back when Sothis was discovered, made two runs and traded it in for an A rated AspX and a day later, a Python and an Orca for shits and giggles.

I miss Sothis/Ceos.

Yeah I found that picture but honestly, I'm not sure if my eyes are shitty, but there are so many similar shades of brown / blueish.
How am I to distinguish that purple Class I Gas giant with a ring from that purple Class III Gas giant? In short: How can I tell when I'm in a system if it's worth driving to some planets or not?
On the chart it looks kinda like the ones that are more worth are all somewhat smaller?

Pic related. it's where I am right now

Oh and one thing I forgot: The lower left planets in the imagine say "terr" is that for "terraformed"? How can I distinguish that?

It's 'terraformable'.
I don't think you can distinguish it before you scan (not an explorer though), just by mad luck you get them.

>absolute max
>stripped everything
>has a 5C fuel tank
kek

That puts it at 69.8. You only engineered 3 things too. Some of the other engineered materials become lightweight and boost the range. That's why one dude can hit 71.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/261356-Post-your-Jump-Range

I'll add: you need at least advanced discovery scanner. If you plan to fuck about a system and scan planets, then detailed surface scanner too. As you can see from the table (are these 1st discovery pricing?): ammonia, high metal content, water and earth-like worlds pay the most.

On jump set yourself to go on a tangent star without crossing the yellow line (if it's scoopable), honk and check the system map (Y + → on a controller). If there is no name on the star label - it's your chance to be the 1st. Slow down, point your ship at the star and target it.

If it's a multi-star system and the next one is within a few thousand ly, you can easily scan those too. Planets require you to fly up very close - thus taking considerably more travel time. Do mind that system map shows distance from the star and actual planet configuration might have you flying across the whole system back and forth if you want to check them one by one - so it's better to use your nav panel to see what's the nearest interesting planet.

Since 2.3, white dwarfs provide 50% FSD boost and neutron stars provide 300%. Check some youtubes on how to do it.

Always make sure that you have enough fuel for a few jumps, while exploring interesting objects like black holes (or prior to 2.3 neutron stars), because you might find yourself in a region of non-Main Sequence stars which you can't scoop.

You lose all discovery data when your ship is destructed. You don't get a "FIRST" until you have sold data on a station.

Some engineers (Farseer, Martuuk, Jean, Tah, Palin, Jameson and The Sarge - according to Inara) count selling exploration data at their stations towards unlocking better tiers - but you need to be acquainted with them.

I'm basically doing exploring right now to unlock engineers. Got both scanners, fucking about the systems. set my route to ignore unscoopable stars and doing "just a quick round" right now so that the fuckers will even talk to me.
I''ll be honest exploring seems somewhat tedious to me, like a fucking data entry job, I much prefer fighting or space trucking. But I guess if I want better ships I need the engineers.

you could do passenger missions to gain exploration rank

Quince is back on the menu, lads. I guess ftroop didn't patch stacking after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=51cm0lVxsf0

Holy shit. The 3 mission limit only applies after you board hop. You can take all the available missions in a single session.

tried that but it's really uncommon to get a mission board with more than 5 scanner missions.

If you are really stuck, you can take off, go out of the slot, and dock again. That will reset the counter also, but takes too long. You could stack 20 multi-million dollar missions the latter way though.