The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Space Combat OST:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zUrSQNSN6_c
>youtube.com/watch?v=d8uN1qU4b_w
>youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2G2bpZpUY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q4g_VNgNhQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pistols are useful

Swords are not useful

loli mods when

inb4 party van

WRONG

anime is the work of aliens

we must kill the aliens

>bradford spent 20 years destroying the anime before rejoining XCOM

bradford is truly too good for this world

Lies and deceit of the Alpha Legion!

aliens deserve death

it's literally that simple

So I've been thinking..

There are a couple LW1 perks that I take because they've been recommended to me, but might be suboptimal for my playstyle, especially for the initial roster:

>LCPL medic
I take Steadfast on most medics, but suppression would be really useful and in practice steadfast is both a nonvital bonus and one that only kicks in lategame. So I think next campaign I'll put suppression on all medics except one guy with 40 will.

>LCPL rocketeer
Common wisdom is to take HEAT, but the primary job of the rocketeer isn't to kill robots, it's to shred them. Rockets are a panic button against stuff in general, so ranger would help outright kill floaters and make the carbine or SMG on the rocketeer more useful. Late game rocketeers can take HEAT again to deal with multi-mech pods.

>engineer
I'm thinking of ditching HEAT altogether here and using support engineers only. Early game it's never simultaneously possible and productive to land a grenade on a drone. Later on HEAT grenades do help a lot against mechtoids, but the same guy could be aciding instead.

Post Kelly comics!

Who?

jane kelly, obviously.

We stand at the precipice of pushing these ayys off our world.
Lets fucking doing it.

forgot to add a
>thoughts?
at the end

------Suppression on medics is only useful early game. They will eventually die. Suppression soldiers need tanking perks and gear since they will be shot at and will be hit eventually guaranteed.
------ You need as many sources of HEAT as possible and shredder ammo can be produced. You can also equip shredder rockets regardless.
------HEAT engineers are great if you know how to handle activations. If you can bait drones, seekers etc into buildings you can guarantee your HEAT engineer will be useful on specific maps. THAT SAID support Engis are probably better since their utility of carrying all the support nades while being able to throw them 20% further is too good. Support nader > HEAT nader imo, but I like to build one HEAT for building maps.

>They will eventually die.
I'm fine with this desu.

Why wouldnt the ayys and UFOs just wear mirrors if you build lasers?

expansion needs to add more sneks

LW Mec chopping screen says that a measure of above-average will is retained, how does that work exactly?

If the soldier's will stat is above the median the mec will receive a proportional bonus. If below the median they will start at the median.

Very useful if someone is crit wounded.

Mirrors are only reflective in a certain spectrum. Often times they're reflective over the visible spectrum. Xcom could easily use a frequency that is non reflective.

Not to mention the logistical concerns of outfitting an entire fleet and how strong alien alloys are.

Do you know if it's a proportional bonus or outright keeping the pre-chop will score?

>Chryssalid controller class.
>Chryssalid panics for some reason
>The Controller gets "hug chryssalid" as a free action to calm it down

>The controller activates the self destruct device on the chrysalid melting a city square in righteous plasma and alien acid shortly before hatching a new chrysalid from his custom made bio backpack

There's a rapid reaction overwatch rocketeer spec that's perfectly viable that picks up ranger over HEAT.
Ranger > Rapid Reaction > Platform Stablility/Shredder > Opportunist > Extra Con > Whatever

Platform Stablility is kind of huge since its bonus applies to all shots taken on overwatch if you didn't move.

For comparison with infantry.
Rocketeers get 21 aim at MSGT, 2 from RR, 3 from EC.
Infantry get 21 aim at MSGT, could get 2 from sharpshooter but you'd want LNL, could get 4 from EC but you usually get VPT.

With platform stability activated rocketeers get 15 aim over infantry, so it's as if they had the deadeye infantry has but they don't need to give up ranger to have it. You lose 1-2 damage depending on whether the infantry went for deadeye or ranger and gain the ability to shoot rockets.

New_will = (current_will - average_will) / 5 + average_will

Average will is 30

Acid spitting snecc finally pls, not this retarded ice snegg, what the fuck Jake, you're retard

Yeah, nihei has awesome art. The best thing to come out of nihei's work was how it inspired Q Hayashida for her manga Dorohedoro. Blame's action scenes are pretty visually confusing but damn if they're not gonna be excellent animated.

Also, reposting for (you)s and (view)s

youtu.be/Q4g_VNgNhQw

I've stayed away from OW rocketeers due to how late opportunist becomes available, but I'll build one to try it. Thanks for the writeup.

For a soldier with 100 will that yields 100 - 30 / 35 = 2?

Nevermind, I got it. ((100 - 30)/5) + 30 = 42. So not enough to be worth worrying about.

I just started a new I/I LW 1.0 campaign and the first mission only had one pod of 4 sectoids that were within LOS from the spawn. Is this supposed to happen?

Sure.

Total for the whole mission? Never happened to me.

This happened to me when I used a mod to make the squad bigger than 8 in vanilla game, I'd always spawn near enemies

Yeah, 4 for the whole mission. I didn't have enough corpses to start Xenobiology and, because of overwatch, my two soldiers who already had kills rolled kills on the other two sectoids as well.

Flawless first mission, four corpses, two promotions to SPEC.

I'd restart, I've never had a first mission like that and I've done hundreds.

If you run a MEC with HEAT every mission is an overwatch based Gunner any good?

Does XCOM 2 have Civ references

I remember none.

EYE ports when?

One of the exalt base locations hints is countries that are playable in Civ V. Xcom 2 lets you get a cheat character that is sid.

>hatching a new chrysalid from his custom made bio backpack

>not carefully growing a genegineered
chrysalid inside his own body
>the chrysalid has different perks based on the soldiers' class
>the Controller is a secondary skill tree like EUs psionics

would you fuck a lid

No because it's the other way around and the answer is always yes

New here. I just got my first SPARK. It's a goddamn Terminator and I love it.

When it gets KO'd, can I revive it?

>When it gets KO'd, can I revive it?
no

sweet baby jesus, why does Xcom 2 run like such garbage? What's the bottle-neck in my rig boys?

Specs:
AMD Phenon II 965 BE
8 rams of gigabytes
HD 7950

I don't know anything about hardware, but I have annoying load times despite 16gb ram. Presumably it has to be installed on an SSD to avoid that.

So I haven't played Long War in a while.

I managed to somehow forget to build a sattelite in the first month, so it won't be ready until halfway through month two.

Is it worth restarting? That's gotta be a massive loss long-term considering how crucial early resources are.

I spent resources on tactical layer stuff instead at first so it could be worse.

I'd restart, not because that run is necessarily doomed, but because if I lost the campaign I would be tortured wondering if I threw it away the first month, and making up a month of LW doesn't take too long. It's totally up to you either way.

I'd fuck a queen lid.

And that's under the assumption 'm not turned into a zombie afterward.

>And that's under the assumption 'm not turned into a zombie afterward.
pussy

Wait, do lids even have a pussy? I think they only reproduce asexually by zombie eggs

They must have at least one opening other than their mouth.

>must

If there was a system to give controlled Chryssalids some soilder abilities (Like maybe a week in a gene holding cell) sure, but not outright sacrificing a soilder for it. I'm willing to make them MECs since they'll remain alive, but not that.

Well, alien or not one must assume they'd need to somehow relieve themselves of organic waste.

Yes and...?

I'm implying that they would have a shithole.

Whether xcom operatives remodel it or not is another matter.

But see this assumption is your downfall. You only need one hole for both ingesting food and removing wastes.

I'm on SSD and I still have 10 second load times.

There's a mod that removes the few second pause whenever you take action, if that's what you're talking about.

First playthrough done and I'll fully admit to being a lucky bastard because I should've lost 6 soldiers.
Every single one started bleeding out instead of dying outright and we were able to either stabilize them or it was pretty much the end of the mission anyway.

good job commander

That seems real stupid in terms of biology, but them being aliens I guess it's still plausible.

Starfish already do it, and some other sea creatures. I'm sure there are more examples.

>That seems real stupid in terms of biology
You know there are organisms in earth that don't have anuses, right?

anyone?

>I'm on SSD and I still have 10 second load times.
What a joke, even if LW2 is perfected eventually it will always be hamstrung by performance I guess.

grats

I mean, I guess, but the question is, why wouldn't you take more heat? I'm not sure if you can have too much, and what happens when the MEC or gunner get injured?

>Beags restarts the Thursday Night XCOM program
>Viewers start flocking back in masses
>People picking up some LW campaigns again
>actually uploading content on his youtube
Truly Beagle and LW are ying and yang, ight and dark, destined to be locked in an eternal struggle. They need each other.

I was sure that a building in EW or LW gave adjacency bonuses for both labs and workshops, but I can't find it. Am I going insane?

>Am I going insane?
yes
rip user ?-2017

I've been playing this game nearly constantly since it came out. Always trying to have workshop and lab blocks adjacent to each other because of this belief..

Well, be free of this curse and enjoy your easier base building.

No joke, this makes the left side a lot more usable.

JAAAKE

Correction: LUUUMP

Word.

Of the Emperor.

I don't mean it's impossible, but for something that huge it's rather silly that it needs to save space biologically by simplifying the digestive system.

But like I said, they're alien so it could still be probable.

>sectoids run through acid in my luckiest activation in recent memory
>last sectoid is flanked at 1hp, flush him for extra sure kill
>forced move from flush kill him without giving xp

True, but mechanical units are easy enough to deal with in the late game - mectoids panic to psi easy and sectopods can't handle suppression with smoke
Only cyberdisks are terrible to deal with but mecs and gunners suck against them anyway

So is the overwatch gunner going to clean things up your other classes couldn't? And are you just building a council request soldier for late game, or do you need to consider how useful that class will be in the early to midgame? Objectively heat gunners are better, but you could be working from some specifics where an over-watch gunner is good.

Yeah I was going to use HEAT Gunners early game and transition into Overmeme gunners when SGT rewards come in
It's been ages since I played long dong though, does every unit still get lightning reflexes late game?

The thinman leaders and lids get em. I believe that's it. Of course, there is always the overwatch cover bonus to screw you up.

But they're insectoid aliens, and insects have assholes.

yeah so

It is probable that they are more like their terrestrial analog rather than an aquatic invertebrate.

could be

I really like getting both xenobio and materials before beam rush, instead of just xenobio. It delays the laser cannons by a week, but you start getting requests for alloys, meld and elerium a month earlier. The early alloy plates unlock is neat too.

>tfw fuck up after 3 flawless missions and troops start getting killed
>1st terror mission has shit tons of floaters and lids just murdering ALL the civilians before I can do shit
>don't even have CCS assaults so shit my pants as the lids rush me but luckily I used a flashbang

Maybe I'll try that. It would be doubly effective with France start, and more tactically prudent than gauss rush while still being beneficial strategically.

Please provide badass shiv names

enemies everywhere