cycle-ergo.com

Noob? Start here:
→ #
a2bikes.co.uk/

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/aa/c9/f0aac993ac5c57ce2bd56244059fae16.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for why do people care about suits, gloves, boots n shit?
all I care about is not being paralyzed (which is coincidentally pursued in the same way as trying not to die, but idc about that) if I lose a foot idc, if I lose a hand it wouldn't have been safe with a glove on, if I lose skin it grows back
the only things apart from helmet and back protection that I can approve are knee shields because knees are utter crap and if they break for good you're totally fucking fucked

Some motorcycle riders are into cosplay.

ur such a badass mane

Ankles break as well.

Proper leather has way less wind resistance and shortens hospital-time

Is it unsafe to buy a busa as my second bike if I had zero close calls, drops or issues in 10k miles on my EX250?

Nah. I had a huge burn on my arm from bacon grease and wore a leather jacket. It healed up at the same rate anyone else's burns do. Maybe next time I'll sleep in a leather pyramid. Maybe that will help?

just buy it if you want it

>if I lose skin it grows back
U wat.

>10k miles
So like a whole year of weekend noob riding? Whoa, we found the next Rossi guys!

Clearly a turbobusa is a tory in your hands, aim for something at least double the size and power.

You're retarded. Leather has excellent abrasion resistance. Unless you highside into a deep fryer you'll appreciate your leathers when you hit asphalt, brick or dirt.

armor and sliders are integral parts of all of those, as is shit that restrictions motion. of course, you need a material strong enough to hold all that together and hold your body in a less breakable position, and that material will probably be pretty abrasian resistant because why the fuck not? if you lose skin, it grows back, but it takes a month and you're crying like a bitch every time you take a shower or have to wear clothes during that month.

I had minor rash from a lowside on dirt through 1.8mm steerhide

Watch out Europe, the British are coming.

YOLO DUDE! But that also means you're stuck with broken ankles and nubs for fingers for life.

And also what happens when you don't fall for the full face meme

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/aa/c9/f0aac993ac5c57ce2bd56244059fae16.jpg

Why did I open this while eating, am I retarded?

god fucking dammit user

>check engine light illuminated when clutch pulled
>quick google search to see why
>Yamaha skimped on a tiny spring in the starter switch that doesn't rebound fully after being compressed

Well, off to the dealer tomorrow.

Wew lad

post bike

Need to clean my spark plugs and fuel injectors.

Anything else I can do to get that instant throttle response?

Yamaha 125cc btw.

Sick. You could have torn the skin right off and had major rash. Glad you wore leather?

Nobody claims leather makes you invincible. It reduces injury and speeds recovery time because you had a less serious injury.

Buy a new bike.

bigger rear sprocket

lol, no.

>if I lose skin it grows back

wat

But I have a fugly dent in the tank, right side.
Gotta pull it before I sell it for a 1290R in February.

>think about riding a bike
>see yourself riding a bike with music playing in the background
>feels good man
>start thinking about making this thing a reality
>don't even feel like riding or getting out of the house
>bike is literally standing outside and waiting
i don't know what the fuck is going on with me but i can't even force myself to go out and ride

The Desmosedici was a toy.
Street racing is for faggots.
Road racing favors top end, clearly being i4 territory.
Drag racing is for Hayabusas. Next.

4 cylinder engines get to rev faster you absolute idiot. That's why. How hard can this be to understand?

And Honda did make a twin back in the 1000cc days fyi. They did so when their main focus was to win the championship. Really makes you think.

self image validation problems

ask yourself
do you actually enjoy riding
why exactly
what is stopping you from attaining these reasons
what do you think is missing

just go ride and disregard whatever is stopping you from having fun
or try something different

>road racing favors top end
So just make the track so fucking tight that you can't stay in the top end with a mere six speed gearbox or a motorcycle that has enough top end to never need to slow the engine down, even in ultra tight first gear hairpins that would demand f1-levels of grip to take at higher speeds. Surely, there are such roads to close down and race on, as there are definitely such tracks (usually meant for gokarts).

There's a tool for every job.

>japanese oval racer btfoing supersports and a supermoto.avi

would a denim jacket be good enough for a city bike?
its a ducati scrambler

If you can deal with 2nd degree burns sure

>>denim jacket
>>city bike
>>>>>>ducati scrambler

Just passin tru

there are plenty of decent looking urban riding jackets, user
don't be an idiot

the harley wobble keeps on getting worse

Only the tattoos missing for that harley doucheson look

A scrambler is a city bike now?

>gonna do this section on the autobahn
>gonna save a lot of time
well fuck, I hate retards crashing in construction zones.

Wow, look at how it changes direction!

That's amazing!!!

god fucking damnit phone, you're not in Straya

Look at the brand "Rev'it" if you want something fashionable. Don't be any dumber than the rest of the ducatists out there.

Okay, so why does my CB400 turn on right turn light ~ every third time I turn on the ignition?

only you know you dude

>national speed limit sign
>60mph
>car at the front is doing 45-50mph
>the road is too narrow in little Britain to overtake

Yes you fucking can. Drink a coffee, take a nap, get the fuck out there.
Treat it like work if you have to. Skip breakfast until you get to your first stop.

>Related, anybody know a café in snoqualmie that doesn't cost arm and leg? Imma pack a sandwich and coffee, but I prefer to eat that at the top of the pass.

If you don't remember any close calls, you haven't been riding. Not even "long enough." You need to become more observant or you will die on any bike.

everything is expensive up on the pass, only way to cheap out is to grab your shit out of north bend and pack it up with you

current bikes,
>tfw ninja 250 AND 500

>coffee
>expensive
What's wrong with burgers, an espresso costs €1.

>riding like shit
>check tires
>reinflate
>comfy riding and smooth turns
wtf I love riding again

Starcucks espresso costs $2.41, black coffee $2.09. Dunkin's is cheaper

Because if I said burgers, some fuckquick inevitably starts shouting McDonald's, taco bell, or some other purveyor of meat byproduct and plastic "cheese."
I like food. To make it sound less condescending, I have to hide my pickiness behind specific language.
>If I have cereal instead of a nap, I could probably make Monroe (near evergreen speedway) my first stop. That looks far enough away to escape tourist prices.

*fuckstick

>starbucks
>coffee
With burgers I mean americans.

Do your own coffee with a moka for fuck's sake.

Drop user reporting in. The weather might be crap but the riding was fun and I have an 8 bed room to myself. Good start to SEM so far.

>coffee
You need to show them ur boipussi

>>starbucks
>>coffee
You can't make filter coffee as different thing. Plus all other cuck tier coffees still has caffeine

What? Speak English.

Starbucks burns their beans anyway. Take it from a priced out Seattleite, fresh coffee at a medium-light roast is the best you can get. Double marks if it's from Kenya.

>his bike isn't more than 25 years old
Do you even ride??

(New) Africa Twin user here, just reached Calais, horrible delays on the tunnel. Another 200 miles to the hotel.

Godspeed.

No idea about boipucci fag, but I'm saying coffee is just coffee. The brand can't affect it.

What does that even mean?
All of it. The statement is just fucked.

Coffee is not just coffee. It expires within a month, and most big brands let the beans sit on the shelf for nearly a year.

That is only after roasting, which Starbucks do every day at every store. Please save your irrational hatred for something that can at least be partially justified.

That's funny, my current bikes are the cb250 and cb500f

Man, the k1300 is small
It's lower than my shib

Poor little Honda, all dirty from the Saxonian roads.

Yuck

>/daily brew thread/

I lust after fancy bikes then remember that I hate owning fancy bikes
>help a mate select his first big bike
>go ride an exotic selection of loud twins, late model triumphs because he doesn't have his full licence
>ride home on my stock standard bandit 1200
>look up bullshit bikes in the classifieds

But yeah nah. There's bikes that are fun for a 10 minute hoon, then there's bikes that give satisfying long term ownership. I guess the bandit falls in the latter category.

The only thing satisfying about a bandit is the day you get rid of it

>coffee is just coffee
Lol.

>Americans

Tattoos can be nice tyvm

i got a cb600f for my first bike...about 5 months ago

i kind of regret getting it because you cant really ride nicely with inline4, always end up speeding etc because power comes at high revs just like the good sound

>pretending to be sophisticated
Yuropoors

The Hornet is a fine bike for putzing around town. The I4 is better imo just because it's a bit smoother and pretty quiet at low revs

t. Another hornet owner

How responsive is everyones throttle?

Have you ever attempted to make it more responsive.

Nothing sexier than instant throttle grunt.

Unfortunately mine is half a second delayed. Can't stand it desu..

You're right. Starbucks is different.
They have the opportunity to provide their customers a decent cup. And everyday they decide to serve charcoal instead.

Solution:
Get a better motorcycle

Cables. Lol.

>knowing what you're doing is "sophiticated"

>Americans

Try hard much?

What's the problem?

If you drink coffee you should at least know what it is and how it's made.
Since when not being a complete ignorant is sophisticated?

Is there a type of bike that would probably be the cheapest to insure? Obviously super sports are out of the question.

Coffee professional here
Europeans know nothing about coffee
Australia and the US has the best coffee on the planet, Japan a close third.

t. It's my job to know

>If you drink coffee you should at least know what it is and how it's made.
Pfft. No you don't. Is your coffee that much better because you know how it's made? No. You just feel smarter for it.

And that's all it is. A feeling.

Out of the instant coffee's which brand is best?

I go for nescafe.

Never been to the middle east?

With smaller engines, you can only choose one
>usable torque
>can overtake on the interstate

I almost bought an fz6 until I rode some big bikes. The instant torque means you can position the bike exactly where you need without any notce = much safer for riding in unpredictable traffic.

Of course the alternative is an sv650 or even a dr650. But good luck overtaking a roadtrain up a hill with a pillion and luggage on one of those.

If it's not espresso, it's water.

Only you would feel smart about that. It's called being conscious.
Yeah, sure bud. Enjoy your instant/starbucks/watered down etc. shit.

>Greater than 400
>small

>It's called being conscious.
It's called being pretentious. You actually think that your knowledge of how coffee is made makes you better.

Why are you arguing with him about coffee? Do you realise how insecure you sound?

Why are you posting a Rust screencap?

Cruisers are cheap to insure

Your knowledge makes you who you are. Information is gold. Why would it be pretentious to acquire knowledge about things you do (or new things for what matters)?

Are you retarded by change?