Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKVu6P5tIOk
magicwinx01577.deviantart.com/art/Old-Art-SMT-Nekomata-213319621
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=yKVu6P5tIOk

Post your demon 3x3's

GORO IS THE BEST SMT CHARACTER SINCE SATAN

Hey that's pretty good

How do people even make these? Do they draw over every frame of the original animation?

Why can't megaten have a good law rep like her?

So are we continue discussing Persona themes?

>he doesn't know how to record and output his thoughts into data

Amane was pretty cool as far as lawfags go. Ronny was a bit of a cunt though

Amane >>> Law Hero > Satan >> Jonathan > Ronaldo > Zelenin > Merkabah

Should I go replay Apocalypse on Apocalypse or Nocturne on hard? (never beat either on the highest difficulty).

Best Law Bro

I'll take the opportunity that everyone is asleep to say that Nocturne hard mode is poorly balanced, pretty easy most of the time but you will die a lot to shitty rng deaths. Go with Apocalypse.

I was exactly bored enough to do this

Though I would like to point out I prefer the Nekomata design introduced in Nocturne more than actual cat person Nekomata.

Why is Serph's run cycle so goofy?
They got it right with Demi and Raidou's what happened?

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that Persona is taking more inspiration from mainline games but plenty of people still find the wider MegaTen franchise outside of Persona unappealing? I started with Persona 4 and really enjoyed the mythology and since then I've enjoyed a shitton of games in the series.

I guess I'm wondering if the VN/social sim aspects of Persona are enough to turn a RPG set in modern day with mythological elements from "Meh, whatever" to "Must-play!". I don't just want to wank off mainline for not being Persona, but I have a hard time thinking the characters alone are enough to bridge that gap.

How hard is Persona 1? Is it a bad idea to play it on Hard first time through?

It's more a matter of the mainline games not having any advertising whatsoever.
If they advertise Apocalypse properly it could have easily dipped into the huge Persona audience and kinda bridged the gap between the two franchises a bit, but they chose not to do that for whatever reason.

On normal there is nothing until the last boss that requires any effort.
And even at last boss, no brains required.

It's not hard at all, but you might have to do a lot of grinding if you're going to do the Snow Queen route.

It's a very easy game. I'd still play it on Normal just because it makes the fights slightly faster though, the combat is just so fucking slow

The hardest part is getting a feel for negotiations, and the shitty ass fusion system.

Agreed, I played it on hard and felt like I wasted a lot of time.

p1's difficulty exists only if you don't max mag and get megiddo

Look up a recruitment guide. The game doesn't tell you this but it's possible to get stuck with a 5th party member you don't want like Brown or Ayase.

Eriko best girl

Ayase is cute

It's literally the dark souls of Persona what are you expecting?

It's not just the characters, it's the sheer amount of "story" that Persona games have that brings people to them. The sparser storytelling of other MegaTen games is not enough to carry people through a bunch of random battles.

No she's not.

Save when you get to the forest area, or you might be locked to the bad ending and miss like half of the game.

There's also the fact that SMT difficulty tends to be be a lot more unfair. Persona has very little RNG by comparison and you're not going to worry about getting killed in 1 hit in random battles.

I've died to hama and mudo a lot of times in P3 and P4, I think they toned it down on 5.

Well that's insta kill spells, I've gotten fucked up by random encounters in IV because a pixie got a smirk

It's offset by save anywhere but if I had the choice I'd lose save anywhere and have more fair battles with slightly bigger health pools for at least the protag.

Are you the guy from /v/ yesterday?

I sense good taste from you.

I wish I could muster that much excitement about P1 characters. I beat that game and none of their personalities stuck out to me.

Sauce on that Nekomata?

Even minor shit like terminology using personas and fighting shadows instead of demons makes a game more palatable to the masses.

Did you talk to them in every room? All of them ooze personality compared to some cardboard cutouts we get in newer installments.

>Nanjo singing the item shop theme
Good shit

magicwinx01577.deviantart.com/art/Old-Art-SMT-Nekomata-213319621

no idea the actual source but that's the full sized one

This, actually.
Nanjo, Reiji are the best, and Mark is pretty good too.

All of the girl characters are pretty boring, though. Yuki is alright. Mai is whatever.

They only get better in Persona 2.

>one generic line every room
>ooze personality

meant for

Thanks anons. I'll play through on normal so the combat goes by quicker. And thanks for the tips about the fifth member and the Forest dungeon

I did talk to them in most rooms, still didn't really get too attached to them. Nanjo was my favorite though.

Best demons to tackle the fiends in Apocalypse?

What, as opposed to

>SEEEEEEEENPAAAAAAAAI
>We're the Phantom Thieves! Scream it loud and scream it in public!
>Fuck you, Mitsuru
>No, fuck you Takeba
>Fsteak
>Unbearably unbeariable, take a beary great picbear because this bear is a koiack moment
>Go to sleep and fuck you Ryuji
>Lol I'm gay for a girl

>Yukino bitches everywhere when you take a detour before going to the hospital
>In P2IS if you take a detour to the park she says you remember a colleague of her that love taking the scenic route
cute

You know you can make anything sound terrible if you post like you're going full retard on /v/

>like
No, I am. It's pretty silly bashing P1 for bad characterization when hamfisted writing plagues 3, 4, and 5 even more.

chill fám

Nah

The irony is you're simplifying Persona 1 letting characters have actual lines of dialogue outside of story cutscenes into "one generic line per room". I wish Persona 3 and onwards got "one generic line per room", plus "new lines after plot events" like Persona 2 did.

I didn't say anything about P1

Sorry, I haven't slept.

Kill me

P1 plot and characters were beyond barebones even for its time the only saving grace of P1 is the localization of the PSX version.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

You could have easily modified this to be MegaTen related

I want you to try and apply yourself better in the future okay? I know you're better than this.

But Dark Souls was leaps and bounds more popular than King's field or even Demon Souls

Back up, I made one a while ago that was.

What the hee did you just hee-ho say about me, you little ho? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tokyo Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Amala, and I have over 3 hee-hundred-ho confirmed fuses. I am trained in bufula warfare and I'm the top fair-hee in the entire Tokyo armed forces, ho. You are nothing to mee-ho but just another random encounter. I will wipe you the hee-ho out with per-hee-cision the likes of which hee-has never been seen bef-ho-re on this Earth, mark my hee-ho words. You think you can get away with say-heeng that shit to me over the DDS-Net, ho? Think again, hee-ho. As we speak-ho I am contacting my secret network of spies across Tokyo and your IP-ho is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, ho. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life, ho. You're hee-ho dead, kid. I can be anywhere, an-hee-time, and I can freeze you in over seven hee-undred ways, and that's just with my Ice Breath. Not only am I extensivel-hee trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Tokyo Demon Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable hee off the face of the continent, you little ho. If only you could have known what un-heeho-ly retribution your little "clever" contact was about to bring down upon you, mayb-hee you would have held your hee-ho tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you YHVHdamn hee. I will ho fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, heeho.

Pretty good, I'm proud of you

too much hee-hooing, pretty low effort t b q h

Dex or Mag build? Also, I've heard horror stories about the hit chance, should I invest in agility a lot?

I don't give a hee who you are or where you live, ho. You can count on me-ho to be there to bring your hee-ho life to a hee-hellish end. I'll put you in so much hee-ho pain that it'll make YHVH being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a hee-ho back massage on a tropical island, ho. I don't give a hee how many reps you have or hee-how tough you are IRL, hee-how well you can fight, or how many hee-ho demons you have to protect yourself. I'll hee-ho show up at your hee-house when you aren't hee-home. I'll turn all the lights on in your hee-house, leave all the MAG running, open your spell menu and not close it, and turn your Agi burners on and let them waste MP. You're going to start stee-ressing the hee-ho out, your blood pressure will triple, and you'll have a hee ho-heart attack. You'll go to the hee-hospital for a ho-heart operation, and the last thing you'll see when you're being put under in the operating room is me hee-hovering above you, dressed like a doctor, ho. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chee-st waiting to go off. You'll recover fully from your hee-heart surgery, ho. And when you walk out the front door of the hee-hospital to go hee-home I'll run you over with my hee-ho car out of nowhere and kill you, ho. I just want you to know how easily I could hee-ho destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but hee-how I'd rather go to a great hee length to make sure your last hee-maining days are spent in a living, br-hee-thing fucking hee-hell.

It's too late to save yourself, but don't bother committing su-hee-cide either... I'll hee-ho Samarecarm you and kill you again myself you hee-faced ho. Welcome to hee-hell, population: you, ho

I don't actually care for Jack Frost that much.

Jack is cool though

They forgot to add the tagline prepare to be mudod again

>me-ho
It would be me-hee, you philistine.

I like these, good work

ho

Is Trauma Team in MegaTen

More importantly, is Trauma Team more or less MegaTen than Maken X?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the United Nations, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on chaosfags and lawfags alike, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Press Turn warfare and I’m the top smirker in the entire UN armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Amala universe, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the DDS-NET? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies from the Kuzunoha Agency and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for a world of luck, maggot. The critical hits will wipe out that pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s without Megidolaon. Not only am I extensively trained in physical skills, but I have access to the entire arsenal of demons from the underworld and I will use them to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, hee-ho, bitch.

>no over 300 confirmed fusions
>no think again, punk
>no I will fire of sinai all over you
>underworld instead of expanse
>no little clever rumor
>no you goddamn son of man
5/10 could be better.

is there a video or audio clip anywhere of the Mac OSX Albert voice speaking the lyrics of the SMT 3 boss music?

Walter and Jonathan don't really feel much like they should be alignment reps. I guess this is usually a problem but I feel it more than usual in IV

Anyone here played the DemiKids games? Dark's a little basic but pretty fun overall.

I fucking hate Chaosfags

How do we save SMT bros?
The personachads are going to destroy us.

Man, it sure brings back memories. What a game.

I think it's only really an issue with Walter who goes all in rather suddenly.

Jonathan was just bending to 'legitimate' authority again when he decides to be sacrificed for the Archangels.

My fujo girlfriend left me for some Personafag and I'm not smart enough to code my own demon summoning program to get that demon pussy. They can't keep getting away with it.

it's weird if you're genuinely concerned about this. SMT is the niche series, and that's not a bad thing. We get to keep our elitist atitudes, while still enjoying the mainstream Persona shit when it's convenient. It's a win/win by all accounts.

This popularity contest has to stop.

>13 phase boss fight
shit sounds like it's from a parody of JRPGs
What were they thinking?

numalePolaris (aka Yaldabaoth) bossfight is longer than Nyx's one though.

>persona does safe sections with no combat
What is this casual shit true megaten games have no rest between the action.
>persona does a long combat section
It's like a parody of JRPGs, what were they thinking?

I think I actually put my controller down after like the 7th form and came back an hour later to finish it.
That was beyond tedious

>talk to a demon in SMT4
>gave me a quest to kill Wukong

uh

does this effect alignment?

>All of them ooze personality
That's a funny way of saying "they only have their one gimmick and that's it"

Persona is slowly becoming like SMT, gameplay-wise. It's only a matter of time before Persona gets PRESS TURNED right in front of its waifu.

No way. P5's final boss is over super quickly, it's like half the fight is fucking missing.

Pascal best dog

I don't think so. Press Turn by itself isn't that important, but with One More it's lot easier to knock out enemy group, as most groups are homogeneous and thus one party member can more likely knock them all down.
And All-Out-Attacks are nice way to shorten random encounters and a example of the team working up together as team, which is big difference from mainline where party is main character, maybe one friend and bunch of slaves.

Slaves? They're all friends actually I feel a bond with them each time they level up and try not to part with them but instead fuse them

Every demon is fusion fodder the moment it's born and only reason it's not being fused right now is that by waiting a while I can get something more useful out of it.

Finally beat Megami Tensei 1 in Kyuuyaku! For how bullshit hard it was at times it's surprisingly short. Onto MT2.

>beat Minotaur at start of Megami Tensei 2 in Devil Busters after buying best armor and recruiting a carbuncle
>get orb of silence
>give to statue
>Pazuzu pops out, tells me I'm the saviour of the world
And I thought Persona 4 was wish fulfillment.

Incidentally, is the music that plays while Pazuzu tells you about you being a messiah reused anywhere else in the series? The melody seems really familiar for some reason.

STOP DEMON ABUSE
#DEMONLIVESMATTER

What was his fucking problem?

Hee Hoy fags.
Drink coffhee.

>Akira
lol canonfags.