implyingrigged.info/wiki//agdg/
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017/Stadiums
implyingrigged.info/wiki/User:BasedSmugleaf/benis_productions#My_Blender_Setup
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2016/Faces
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017/Installation
ephtracy.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

memes

You should be changing the genre. Shmups are an extremely stale genre.

First for making the controls menu spawn an emacs/vim window

changing the controls in a text file is better because it gives your player the freedom to use whatever text editor he wants instead of being forced to use the menu you made

Updated Whimp the Bold
+Fixed [hopefully] many of the bugs
+Buffed candelombre considerably
-Many bugs don't appear when I run it

Fug. Some bugs I couldn't straight up fix because I couldn't replicate, but I put in work arounds that means they should never break the game or ruin the experience

Thank you all for your patience

Anyone interested in working on a SMT clone with me?

EST timezone and can't work during the day from Mon-Wen cause part time job

This, if you spend time making a controls menu that's as good as your favorite text editor then you'll never finish your game.

You don't even have any idea about genre, so stfu.
Go back to your cinematic garbage if you don't like the genre.

I guess I'm automatically disqualified if I don't know what an SMT is.

Besides, what are your perks?

>make an in game menu to edit keys
>make that editor save directly to a txt file
>player can choose to edit the file directly or use the in-game menu

wow, so fucking difficult.

>letting your players edit a text file to change the control

fucking modern gamers need to die.
in my game to edit the control you have to e-mail me or one of the other devs to change the game code then re-download the game.

if you can't do something as simple as an e-mail then you're a lazy fuck millennial who doesn't deserve to be playing my game to begin with.

I just downloaded the game. I can move around in the menu but for whatever reason when I go to control Whimp, I can't move at all.

>I don't like game
>therefore you should not make game
lots of people think pixel platformers are stale, too

rebindable key UI is actually pretty hard to get right imo
how do you cancel a keybind? if it's by pressing esc, how do you bind esc
what happens when you bind two functions to a single key?
can you rebind menu navigation? how do you make sure you don't break the keybinds menu if you do? etc.

help

not the dev but I figured it out: you have to unplug your controller

just git gud

Didn't do anything on my end.

Street lights and posters kind of done. Decided to lower the sun light and make everything grayish with only light being colorful, I think that with enough artifacts on the scenes it might make for a decent style.

restart the game after disconnecting

>therefore you should not make game
user I never said this.

Yeah, no dice

Hmm, can you tell me some more info. Was this upon startup, or did you quite back to the menu then this happened?

is correct you can only have either a controller or keys, and you should probably restart

If it's not that, are you using a non-US keyboard? I don't think that would stop it, but I'm not versed with them

edgy pokemon basically.

>51 fps

...it took you 3 days to make that scene

mate

>you can only have either a controller or keys
why the fug would you do that
fix the code

For those of you who saw the VG league stuff at and the discussion that followed last night I can now say that yes, this is indeed a thing that's happening!

Currently I'm taking suggestions for player names as well as blender heads to use for those players.

You can suggest a player that would fit well with a blender you already have or just spitball names and/or blenders you have around that you think might fit well with the theme of /agdg/

The current list of players is here:

implyingrigged.info/wiki//agdg/

but these names were placed years ago and some of them aren't so relevant to agdg anymore. Feel free to share some ideas. We have two to three weeks to go from idea to properly formatted head model for as many or as few players as we can muster.

If someone's feeling very bold we also optionally could use a stadium. Ultimately this can just boil down to a themed grass texture and a skybox, but if you're interested in that look here:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017/Stadiums

Info on converting blender models for PES17:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/User:BasedSmugleaf/benis_productions#My_Blender_Setup
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2016/Faces

Info for getting PES17:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017/Installation

I'll pop in regularly as I straighten out the back-end stuff for virtual divegrass, so if you have anything to share just put it out here and I'll see it.

Happens upon startup, and even after multiple restarts. I'm pretty sure my keyboard is US standard, though my locale is EN (Canada) but that shouldn't affect anything.
The real confusing part about this is why it works fine in the menu and not in-game. And you should see about fixing that controller thing, it couldn't be more complicated than a simple "or" check.

>Start working on a card game
>Realize I won't be able to play test it because nofriends

what keylog program is that

Carnac

>willingly downloading a trojan

Create a super smart ai to be play with. Then keep upgrading the ai until it becomes the perfect friend

You need to create a text file with your controller settings to be able to move.

It's ok, AI will replace the need for friends soon enough. See the Japanese hologram girlfriend alarm clock commercial

Nah dude, been making assets. Just now putting them in game little by little.

That's running inside the editor, there's a massive performance impact when you have a couple of shaders and run it in the editor. I still get 60fps with some minimal drops here and there though, and it's capped to 60fps

Reminder that modern gamers don't know how to edit text files.

Hello fellow devs (and unity users)! How's your progress going?

Roguelite schmups seem to be an active area of indie development.

Just fixed the code, should work now with a controller plugged in

So the behavior you're seeing seems like the behavior from the controller thing (fixed now), or if somehow a cutscene event triggered tht disabled player control, but that can't happen on the menu, so I'm guessing it's a weird variation on the controller. Try now and see

flag the file as windows so it's downloadable from the itch app

Qucik I NEED an idea for monter jam!

the blob

>muh blob

Will blob fags stop shitposting so hard like holy fucking sht

name one blob game

Done, but I uploaded a new version AGAIN because I'm a fucking idiot and it presented another bug. So controller support is being removed for this build

See if it works now

gish
locoroco
world of goo
I can keep going

Are stadiums just changing the pitch or changing the models?

boy and his blob

>rixels
is a quality player name

This is what happened when I pressed right after pressing start on the menu.

same here

Sometimes it's better to leave minor bugs for the demo than trying to rush a fix that might only cause even worse bugs.

Stop shitposting this on every fucking thread every time there's a jam and go work on a game. You are the reason most devs here hate jams.

Rotating Son of a Gun

You can change just the pitch/skybox and it will carry most of the effect of a custom stadium because that's what you're looking at most of the time during a game, but you can change the models of the surrounding structures too. To do that I'd have to "reserve" a stadium to overwrite though so different teams don't get into change conflicts.

For the VG league most people don't go that hard though. I wouldn't put a ton of effort in there, the blender heads are more important.

Not my day, is it?

Regardless, that was a literal one line fix, so the FINAL version of the demo until after Tuesday when I can address feedback more carefully is up.
Agreed, but this one seemed gamebreaking for an user so I wanted to make sure they could play. Lesson learned

Thank you all for your patience and help

>nominating a 3d version of 2d pixel girl
so far we should have these and I'll make some more for it.
>goalhorns are just audio clips
what if we just get the superclip of edmund and phil fish saying claiming gamedev is like a concentration camp and that if their game is unsuccessful they'll commit suicide
lol we need this audio for goal horns

If you are here jofer can you share your blinking head or pregnant ningen models for this thing

also in case anybody wants to filter this talk about Veeky Forums cup i'll add 4cc at the end of these posts

>also in case anybody wants to filter this talk about Veeky Forums cup i'll add 4cc at the end of these posts
Please do.

This morning I found this baby in my folder of abandoned projects, and I think I'm going to give it another shot because it looks really pretty

Currently it's somewhat ""playable"" in the sense that you can go around, hit monsters, equip weapons etc, but there are no levels, quests or anything resembling progress

I spent most of my day rewriting old bad code, organizing stuff and improving the map editor. Let's see how far I can go this time before abandoning it again

P.S. the graphics are from opengameart

what are some obscure/not fully explored genres? (usable for 2d)
platformer, shmup and top down genres are so overdone

rotating gun (but the gun is a blob)

Skateboarding

rotating gun (but the gun is a blob) but the blob is actually a cute girl(male)

Rhythm action, on rails shooters, XTREME SPORTS, undersea exploration

What the fuck am I looking at here.

It's a parkour game like Mirror's edge, but there are no models, only billboarded sprites.

undersea is hard to make without turning it into a horror game, also aquaria did pretty much anything you can do in that huge ass world, what are fun mechanics to add in an undersea game other than swimming movement?

There's a 2D mobile version of Mirror's Edge, it's quite fun or maybe I'm just being a delusion fanboy

There's a flash game too made by the guy who made the fancy pants games.

How can you even make a shmup roguelike?
You start from beginning every time anyway and there are games that procedurally spawn enemies already they're not that good for obvious reasons

>also aquaria did pretty much anything you can do in that huge ass world

I want to code my own raster painter application that paints in a 3D space.
how hard would be to code a basic paint application like mypaint or paint but that paint 3D pixels rather than 2D pixels?
Also how hard would be to also implement in said application basic vertex modeling, like a basic blender?
Also, in the same application being able to draw vector lines, like SAI?
And have basic 3D toon rendering capabilities of the previous shit.

I would appreciate a list of what topics, both math and CS do I need to learn before trying to make this.

Many thanks.

rotatedev being a tard

a couple of donglord clones

just like use blender

Not really, blender isn't a raster application nor it uses 3D pixels.

are u retarded or didn't understood what am I asking.

you can paint in it
what more do you want

>goalhorns are just audio clips
>what if we just get the superclip of edmund and phil fish saying claiming gamedev is like a concentration camp and that if their game is unsuccessful they'll commit suicide
>lol we need this audio for goal horns
what is this from indie game the movie? if somebody lets me know I'll get the clip.

4cc

Oh its rotate dev? It all makes sense now.

blender doesn't use 3D pixels.
kys

You are the one using the word "basic" while asking how to recreate Zbrush from scratch. Shouldn't be calling others retarded

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOH YOU MEAN VOOOOOOXELS

Don't do voxels you fucking dumbo, it looks like shit.

What is better for stratagem games Unity or Godot ?

depends on the amount of dimensions

It's someone who claims not to be rotatedev, but has the same stupid act and the same annoying habits, so they might as well be rotatedev anyway

Isometric

What the shit is a rotatedev

Why most AI in strategy games are so retarded and soulless? Not just at being a skilled player without cheating, but also being human-like in games where diplomacy is a factor(4xs, grand strategies, etc).
I never tried it, but I believe it shouldn't be too hard to model a behavior network that take many things in consideration before making a decision(too simplistic and it will make retarded moves, like in civ games where AIs call you a warmonger for retaliating). Considering the scope of strategy games are pretty small(there isn't a gigantic set of moves that you can do, just a handful of them), it shouldn't be too hard to make something that more or less resembles human behavior.

that's not an amount of dimensions

a dev who creates rotating gun games

>paint 3D pixels rather than 2D pixels
What did you mean by this?

depends on the amount of dimensions

>integrating OpenCV into UE4

>it shouldn't be too hard
It is too hard.

He's a dude who wants to build a voxel painting program from the ground up who doesn't know the word "voxel". Basically where other people would have to work uphill to achieve what he's after, he'll be working up a sheer vertical surface.

>integrating C# scripting into UE4

ephtracy.github.io/
here's your voxel painter you memer

How do I let players rebind the Esc key if the Esc key is used to cancel rebinding a key?

a cutie