/hg/ - Halo General

Halo Triple Edition

>The Colony DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass. It contains the following:
- Take command of the mysterious Banished-allied Hunter Leader known as colony and use new unique units to overwhelm your enemies
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Colony
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/big-team-bonanza

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>New /hg/tage
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE&t

Previous Thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtu.be/GWNxfarEo3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Colony is my new favorite leader

Best Visor.

So does any one think 343 will pull a Coalition and show a surprise gameplay demo of Halo 6's campaign at E3 this year the same way The Coalition did for Gears of Wars 4 back at E3 2015?

I hope so, that way I can actually be excited for something this year

>Anything but gold
>good

>Wanting mustard on your helmet

they would all look good if halo 5's graphics didn't make them look like shit

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #305.
The featured map is "Orbital"

>Previous 50 threads
#304 - Colony #303 - Custom Warzone #302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>the forbidden one

V E T O
E
T
O

Gold is the only visor color that belongs on Spartans. If you wear anything else you are just a power ranger

Spartan 4's basically already are power rangers so it's not a big deal

I was just about to say that

Literally name a worse map.
you can't

You could always make the argument that something running entirely off a gimmick like Chiron is worse from a design standpoint, but even then I've had more fun on maps like those than I ever have on Orbital.

Backwash and Boardwalk are other names that often get brought into this conversation but I think they're a bit underrated to be honest.

Orbital is just... So fucking boring and uninspired. I'm sure there's someone out there that likes it. There has to be at least one. But I have yet to meet them

I literally can't. The only things I can think of that come close are Boardwalk and The Rig

Orion I

I never understood the hate for backwash either.
/hg/ has played it with crazy king a few times and it has been pretty good

any halo 5 map
isolation
boarding action

>any halo 5 map
I'd accept "almost any"
Mercy and some of the big team maps are ok.
>isolation
Yeah maybe
>boarding action
I disagree, but maybe that's just me being a nostalgiafag

>Mercy
>ok
Oh, boy. Can't wait for spawncamping on a map where sprint just shatters it.

>Chiron
>gimmick
Get out

>Orbital is just... So fucking boring and uninspired. I'm sure there's someone out there that likes it. There has to be at least one. But I have yet to meet them
I'm one of them. I never had a bad experience playing on it, really, and the aesthetics are too high to count it down anywhere near Isolation, Coliseum, etc. on my lists.

haha

>implying it's not
It's also shit

youtu.be/GWNxfarEo3o

Look at this, you retarded fucking faggot. It's perfection.

>you will never violate mercy's tender boipucci
It hurts

I mean, I wouldn't go that far, but under the right circumstances it's a good time.

It's fun

I'm still waiting for Chiron with man canons connecting the rooms

>I'm still waiting for Chiron with man canons connecting the rooms
That actually sounds really fun

That would be good for shotty snipers.
You soar through the air and have to shotgun joust with someone coming towards you from another room but then you could also look around and try to snipe other people soaring around.

Could be fun, might try to make that in forge

Maybe scattershots, make it a bit harder

Haven't played a Halo game since Reach in 2011, is it worth coming back? Has it changed too much to call it a "true" Halo game?

Halo 4 is meh on the campaign front, shit everywhere else, Halo 5 has a better multiplayer and Forge than Reach but has a shit campaign. so while they're no where near Halo 1-3 good, 343 are getting better.

Play them. Decide for yourself. The general concensus is REALLY split.

High Ground. Isolation. Vanilla Foundry. Not even the worst map in Halo 3, nigga.

>High Ground
>one of the most popular, balanced maps
kys my man

>balanced
>one side gets BR, shotgun, sniper, OS, and the only vehicle on the map worth using
>camo in the middle
>other side gets carbine and mauler (IE poor man's BR and shotgun), laser, and fuck all for powerups

Besides, I thought the meme defense was that it was supposed to be unbalanced as shit for asymmetrical gametypes.

wich spar-tan wud u fug?

Kelly, hands down

5 made big strides in the right direction. It even does some things like weapon balance better than a lot of the older games did, but it still has Sprint and a bunch of other abilities a lot of the fanbase doesn't like. I'd say it's worth your time if you can get it for $20 and plan to commit to it for a bit.

Oh, and the campaign is terrible. If anything, play it drunk just so you can laugh at it.

I disagree with pretty much all of those being worse but whatever, I don't really like Halo 3 maps in general.

Kat

This

Weapon balance doesn't mean shit if they all kill way too easily and are way too forgiving. Literally every precision weapon is a straight upgrade from the pistol, the supposed "utility weapon." Not to mention how autos are so OP for the skill level required that they removed them from competitive.

I didn't say it was perfect.
I said it "made strides in the right direction", at least in the multiplayer front compared to Reach and 4.

We need more moderates like this in /hg/. People who can appreciate some of the things the newer games do without going too far and sucking 343's dick on everything.

I think you'll find that most people here are like that. They just don't get all autistic about something they disagree with because they're not too biased either way.
They're like moderates irl, they generally don't vote.

I used to think moderates were cancer, but I have a lot more respect for them now. They seem to be the only people that don't have a stick up their ass about their beliefs.

Also, Halo.

I bet this distracts sangheli quite a but on the battlefield

Why would a sangheili be attracted to a human ass

Because it looks like a female sangheili ass too. They probably think humans have stumpy legs though.

>he doesn't like inter-species sex
Bud, I'm attracted to sangheli women and they don't even exist.

>implying they don't love to watch humans get GLASSED by the superior big sangheli cock

>Bud, I'm attracted to sangheli women and they don't even exist.

>Halo Warfleet cover art was made by Nicolas "Sparth" Bouvier
I'm worried about Halo 6's art direction.

Who is Nicholas "sparth" Bouvier

He was the guy that worked on Halo 4 and 5's arts. He became the art director for Halo 5 taking Kenneth Scott's place.

correction, Senior Art Director

I don't mind, I like his ship work

Agreed, if the campaign and multiplayer is good in Halo 6, I'll probably complain less about Halo 6's art and aesthetic direction whether good or bad.

>tfw I just want gameplay
I kind of want to wear an armor dumber than Seeker

It looks nice

Sup

Hi

hmm...shit i dispise halo 5, and halo 4 for that matter..but now i kinda sorta wanna see if i could make chiron with he breakout tile set, and grav cannonsconnecting the roomes

Still waiting on that user who was gonna make Chiron but every room has a drastically different theme, like jungle, desert, bunker, cave, etc

From what I heard he's working on it, so maybe we'll start seeing results soon

Do it!

Oh yes I remember this Too!

Why did you bump the thread. Please explain to me why you did this.

Because im afraid of losing the place where i met and had a lot of fun with people who go to the same site as me.

Both sound cool. Wish I had time to get used to forge.

But it's going to die eventually. Remember how the last thread was one week long?

Why bump if there's nothing to talk about

Because that means i have to accept that /hg/ is dead

>tfw Colony made the meta great again

So this just confirms that the Hunters are the TRUE inheritors of the mantle right?

Hopefully

They're runner-ups to the grunts, who were secretly obtaining the mantle this whole time.

>implying grunts are the chosen inhereters
>not the Moa
user pls

The moa are the precursors. Keep up.

Episode 3 was better than episode 7

Not Halo

Guess what Do you know what your post is Not halo

My post is more halo than your post is Halo because my post dlfreferences Halo in my post.
Your post does not reference Halo and therefore your post is less about Halo than my post is about Halo.

Clearly you have not played a recent halo game if you think starwars isn't relevant to halo and guess what your post still is Not halo

I want wildlife to come back to Halo

I want spades to come back

>Turbogen
"An independent corporation that specializes in methane-powered vehicles"

Where were you when you realized the grunts infiltrated into human society decades before first contact and have made a name for themselves in the motor vehicle industry?

Actual civilian vehicles would be nice

A banshee is on scouting patrol. The banshee has to cover a total area of 55 square miles. The banshee can patrol 17 miles before it needs to refuel. Refueling takes 15 minutes. The banshee travels at a speed of 30 miles per hour.

How long will it take the banshee to patrol all the territory?

depends on where it goes to refuel, refuel base could be 300 miles away.

>what is in-air refueling
checkmate heretics