Nioh General

Fuck Lucy edition

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no pc version
Nobody cares

>300X300
welcome back 2004

I support this general.

When will the smithing texts list get updated?

Slow nioh player here, I just started the 5th zone and I notice I seem to be falling behind with the levels (I'm 90 and the next mission is 96 and levels are starting to take copious amounts of amrita). Am I supposed to grind by now or something?

>Want to unlock Ginchiyu skin
>no access to online play

how fucked am I

That's normal. Missions will start outleveling you. Your item level is more important than your character level at that point.

Just keep your gear up to date and you'll be fine.

They'll always outlevel you from here on. DLC WOTD missions were 3x my level.

Ok. I really have no idea how to gear though. I do know what stats to look out for by now on my sword, I had a A+ heart scaling one which I sadly had to leave behind. A lot of the gear drops I get seem to be climbing in stuff like stam and str requirements, should I level that then?

>Fuck Lucy edition
Rude.

Enjoy your revenant grinding for piddly glory for hours and hours. PVP gives so much more it's insulting almost. I tried doing that mission with Gin looking for a gift and killed every fucking revenant in the mission as fast as possible with her help and only walked away with like 1.2k. That's sad for the time spent. Where as a win in 2 on 2 in pvp could net me 4-6k and take far less time but it's practically luck if I win because of the imbalance.

get a noose

Enjoy killing revenants for weeks.

This one is more complete. Still missing DLC texts though.

pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Whoever makes the next general should replace the old one with this one.

You can farm smithing texts from duels if there's a person you like to fight. Then you can make their gear.

Otherwise mission drops and revenant kills should absolutely keep you up to date until NG+

Does CCD (enemy blustered) roll on only weapons or can it roll in both weapons and armor?

only weapons and accessories, i think

You can get by with drops for now, worry about gear crafting when you get to WotS

Thanks. I see I'm still missing quite a few texts that were added in the last update.

>blue dragon wind debuffs Raven tengu with just one talisman

All the more reason to make a wind build.

good news considering I haven't even seen the new guardians and was already in the process of making an elemental damage tank with wind as my first choice in element

Isn't Wind like the shittiest element in PvE?
Assuming you don't get hit a lot all other elements seems better.

I think they want us to use wind. Masamune's armor has +45% wind damage as a bonus.

it's easily one of the best if you already have a lot of damage reduction

It's useful in WotD where one hit means >50% of your health is lost. Ideally, you just don't get hit but you'll make mistakes some times.

>farming hundred eyes for about 5 hours in total now
>still no smithing text for Doji-Kiri

does it really exist?

Almost nothing is resistant to wind.

wind = lightning > water > poison = fire > paralysis >>>>>>>>>>> earth

>get 3 low rankers in 2v2 pvp
>the other team know well they cannot defeat me so they go gank the other guy
>mfw they try so hard to ignore me I just get free kills
>mfw I end the match with "shoo" emote

>that triple boss in the frog area

god fucking Team Ninja with their range mobs cancer.

Couldn't they give her other name than Maria?They should try to not look like dark souls/bloodborne copy.
Anyway,I can't accept this fucking chink having a european concubine...
So many historical anomalies.

wow racist much

I fucking loathed The Night Falls Again on NG+.
>Wave 1: Two Omnyo mages, one ranged skeleton, one huge skeleton and one imp
>Wave 2: One wheel, two umbrellas, one sword skeleton, one ranged skeleton, one tengu and like three demon heads
>Wave 3: Two fallen warriors
>Wave 4: One fallen warrior and one mage
>Wave 5: One onryoki and two mages

That second wave made me rage so hard. Most of my tries went
Try to kill umbrella -> Get paralysed by the other one
-> While paralysed wait to get one-shot grinded into pudding by the wheel, might top of with one or more tengu, skeleton or demon head projectile for good measure

>CC+ 15% on a blue rarity nodachi
>try to Soul Match it onto my +1 green
>skill won't transfer

what gives? do I need to go and make a throwaway purple as an intermediary for the skill transfer or something?

the material must be at max familiarity to transfer traits

I have both the weapons at max familiarity though, and the skill has the transfer symbol next to it. there's no reason why the skill shouldn't be transferring but for some reason it doesn't want to.

it also won't transfer if there is a stat conflict

if you have something like human close combat damage on the weapon, it would conflict with ccd

>play 2v2 on the shipwreck stage, the one where you're set up as 1v1 on each side of the ship's bridge
>as soon as the battle start my opponent immediately runs the other way to try and gank my team mate
Fucking scumbag

What is the transfer symbol? Is it the hexagon or the rectangle with an arrow pointing at it?

The latter.

It looks like a rectangle , then an arrow, then another rectangle. Like 0>0
The hexagon within a hexagon means it can't be overwritten.

theres a ladder symbol now?

I said latter not ladder.

You dumb nigga

yeah, I got it working, but now I've run into an even more difficult question; pierce guard +10.4% or CC +15%

The former does less damage than the latter but it's also purple rarity and means I have a 10% chance to completely ignore my opponent's guard.

My pierce guard on my axe always does damage, are you sure its not just 10% of the damage goes through guard?

Didn't Masamune literally have a spanish concubine though?

I didn't know that's how it works.
If that's the case it's no contest, I'm keeping this on my nodachi, the CC bonus can go on my secondary weapon

is that how it works? it's 10% and not 10% damage seeps through?

in any case, 15% ccd is significantly more difficult to get
I would go with that for sure

just beat the shit on way of the demon FUCK THIS SHIT WAS CANCER

now that I think about it the nodachi is stupidly good at breaking guard anyway, so the damage buff would probably work better.

yeah, I wouldn't use pierce on a slow weapon

it's probably hilarious on a kusarigama though

Is this the hardest mission in the game?
>fight ninjas
>fight Okatsu while range creep spawns
>fight hanzo while the todd spawns
>get shit loot

I have it on one of them, actually. Because I'm running a jutsu build it's stupidly broken, so I decided not to use it as I'd like there to be at least some challenge later on. I might pop it onto a katana if I ever get the smithing text for hanzo's 1kat.

shes the last one I can get, though I think I'd just save for maria or something

What's the best way to farm demon horns?

buying them with glory?

can't imagine how you do this without cheesing

I'm like 100% sure that all the WotD content is balanced around you having access to high level cheese builds just to get enough DPS to survive. The only non-cheese build I can think of that would work is is a lmao3kat build with a focus on stacking discord.

What is your main guardian pair?

Saoirse/Hi-Nezumi reporting in.

This kind of talk worries me.

I'm morally against retarded cheeseball builds.

Find a Mission with Oni, and Spin to win in their faces with LMAO 2Kat.

Where in the world do you get large unlimited Omnyo charms?
Best I get is somewhere in the 4% range.

desu there so many different ways to cheese this game past NG I don't see the point in worrying about it. Shit, if people managed to find a way to make the axe good enough to be cheesy, then I'm pretty sure you can do it with whatever build you're running as well.

No Maria skin is a curious choice

no barefoot Okatsu is even curiouser

Maria is for sure going to become available in a later DLC.

Once she is fully defeated we will unlock her.

>no barefoot Okatsu
fuck why do you foot fags have such major autism?

Did they make it harder to get smithing texts on way of the samurai?

>Fighting Ii
>Walk backwards, press triangle beats everything he does except one move
>That move one-shots me
>He has so much health that he will EVENTUALLY use that move
>Any other strategy is suicide
>Just have to spend 5 minutes kiting and pressing triangle while hoping he doesn't decide to one-shot me

why is every side mission with a boss like this? Just some enemy with an incredibly easy moveset but who has so much health and damage that eventually you slip up or get fucked by AI RNG and die? Why not give them a fun and challenging moveset to play around plus balanced health and damage?

You don't understand.

It's not about can or cannot. It's about how cheeseball builds aren't even fun at all.

Fun is subjective.

blue dragon / genbu

What is the worst boss in the game and why is it Gasha?
Fuck that shitty gimmick boss that drags on for way too long.

stop playing the game like Souls, play it like Onimusha.

I hated Onimusha. Whoever came up with the idea to have left/right rotate your character instead of move them in that direction should neck themselves.

So I don't really know what you mean by "play it like Onimusha."

>bothering to ever 1v1 in 2v2
Everyone in 2v2 is there for glory, in which case why ever fight with honorabu combat.

if you hated onimusha then why did you pick up NioH???

Divine gear? They only go up to 5%.

Best accessory farm is probably Hyakki Yagyo atm since it's 4 easy bosses you can kill quickly. I get 1-3 accessories per run with it normally on wotd.

The fight to retrieve Muramasa. A tengu and a ghost bitch that slows you down.

Only thing worse I have seen is the Kuroda's Determination mission.

Onimusha is a 15+-year-old game that I played for about an hour when I was twelve before dropping because of its horrible movement controls. Controls which NiOh does not share.

I meant accessories.
And thanks, Ill try it out when I can.

Sorry to hear you had a hard time with Onimusha's controls when you gave it a try last year bro.

>The fight to retrieve Muramasa. A tengu and a ghost bitch that slows you down.
I find that one pretty alright. The bolts have little health and get stunlocked fairly easily. Bolts also fly all over the place so it isn't too hard to separate the two of them.

>Kuroda's Determination
Yeah, two tengus at once is pretty hard. On WotS they add in like 6 cannon skeletons at every corner of the map that are a pain to take down. Haven't played it on WotD though.

I was mainly talking about bosses though. An Gasha is such a long fight that is just boring. Smashing its head in twice should have been enough the first time you face him, instead of wasting time trying to bait out his dumb fucking hands.

>demon king set
>amrita gained bonuses
>Omnyo
>saoirse/hi-nezumi
>pumping magic and spirit
>spear on the side

This is ridiculous.
Any magic or gear stats you'd recommend?
Does auto-recovery on amrita stack between gear pieces?

>heavy armour axe user with no magic/nin powers
>just beat Oda & His Waifu dual fight
Fuck for a bit I was thinking this would be impossible but managed to eke it out. The bear spirit summon with the talisman is pretty great if you can land it (though the range is shit).

Gonna try leveling the turtle spirit later. It's magic, so useless, but has the highest damage reduction and I want to see how it goes once upgraded. Would be nice to find a way to stack shitloads of passive defense on this character.

Also, overall is it better to just steamroll through way of the strong to try and get to WotD to get the higher level equipment? I'm surviving fine in WotS so far with lvl 140-150 equipment (and few divines, only +0 and +1 so far), but not on the second half of zones yet.

>no magic powers
>spirit talisman
??

I have some moment talismans I picked up, forgot the name for a minute. Closest thing to onmyo I have is this defence buff that I can use twice and doesn't seem to help much.

Well, I was just counting the those others as boss fights because they counted for those levels, and most of the actual bosses are easier.

Mr. Bones is annoying though. It would have been fine if not for the shit camera, shit hit boxes, or if you could have just kept attacking his ankles.

Look game, I'm just trying to have fun.

>tfw no Armor of the Exceptional Smithing text

Get back to grinding!

Why do people have so much trouble with those things? The only time they are an issue is when you get ambushed by explosive barrels for the first time.

Just wait for them to do their fire breath, walk behind them, tap them with a low stance quick attack, which drains all their ki, then nail them with your strongest attack, and rinse and repeat.

because at any time they can casually roll into you mid strike which is where most of their threat is.

That's why I said wait for the fire breath. Near as I can tell, they are locked in for the full animation.