Corvette/Idiot cowboy general

Just bought a '90 ZR1 with less than 40k miles, been parked indoors for last 15 years, and in generally awesome shape. Where are my fellow retards who don't know what they're doing and refuse to follow Veeky Forums standards? Corvette/american subercar general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRaXE2ehOpY
youtube.com/watch?v=c2gfcvN_MTg
amazon.com/dp/B000AMLWH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how much?
this thread is worthless without pix.
does it have the fully sikk dash?
do zr1 come with t top option?

Post some pictures of that beauty!

Wow impressive find. Post some pics mein nigga

Bread on that sexy ass engine m8

fug didn't think you spergs would actually reply to this. let me go out with my phone and get some shots. She's stupidly dirty from the drive up from SD, I had the owner wax her before I left and I'm waiting until I get home to handwash it.

$14,000, it doesn't have the S I C C R E T R O W A V E C4 dash, but it does have the dash panel with all the warning bits. It's a targa, the guy didn't have the glass top (kinda reeeing about this, but the standard top is in gud shape.

will do in a bit lads, blease bump with whatever stupid shit you have on hand

Did you get service records?

whats the diff between a normal and a zr1?

I think they're in the massive stack of paperwork he gave me with the deal. Included all service manuals and replaced plugs/some small parts from the engine. He threw a flowmaster exhaust in when he got it, and though it sounds good I almost prefer the stock exhaust. It's got a mod chip to disable the shift lockout and smoove out the idle even further. Passes nickel test easily.

ZR1 features the very overbuild LT5 engine designed by Lotus. Do a quick read on the history of it, it's fascinating the amount of work they put into developing it.

I'd do a full fluid swap, get some good brakepads, and pilot supersports. Motul is good transmission fluid, maybe when you have time check it out under a lift and see if bushings are toasted or anything else

SOme nice videos and illustrations on them.
youtube.com/watch?v=xRaXE2ehOpY
youtube.com/watch?v=c2gfcvN_MTg

Dude replaced the oil 6 mo. ago with Mobil 1 synthetic, brake pads around 5k miles. Tires have solid tread left, thinking sportcup 2s after these go out. pic dump inc

was it an old boomer? you paid 14k was he asking alot more?

I should say, replaced the brake pads and they /have/ 5k miles on them. Dude babby'd it, never took it out in the rain or raced. I'm gonna abuse the shit out of it once I get some clearbra on and some hoosier slicc's.

How good is the ZR1s engine? Is it shit like the northstar or far superior?

Asked for $22k a year ago, dropped it to $15k this month, I lowballed him after flying out in person. Just wanted to get it off his hands, he was retiring. Really solid guy and I would have paid full price but I need that 1,000 for gas and parts. It's a Lotus design and a mercury marine motor manufacture. Matched cast aluminum block and heads. It's honestly one of the strongest engine designs of the last 30 years, I'll admit I'm biased because I own one but the history of it speaks for itself.

will post more exterior pics tomorrow when it's sunny out. Again, it's dirty as ass but the paint is s o l i d. Needs a handwash and some tlc but she'll look new when she's home. The stock wheels are in awesome shape not a bit of curbrash.

applegies for bad pictures. I'm a little tipsy and it's dark out

>It's honestly one of the strongest engine designs of the last 30 years
So fucking much this. it set endurance records OUT the fucking factory. 24 Hours Endurance at 175.885 mph for 4,221.256 miles. A VW W12 Nardo beat those records but it was a one off concept car.

you're probably going to need complete paint correction before the clearbra, look on yelp for a good place that will do it all at once

word, there's a spattering of paint dents and one chip on the nose, but it'll be not painful to repair.

Like how the fuck does that happen. Doug McLellan and his boys were geniuses... I just wish the first few years they hadn't hamstringed the HP for political reasons.

How far was the drive? Found car on autotrader?

The 6 spd is smooth as fug. To be quite frank, sixth is a complete wash as far as useful torque. You can cruise at 80 in the left lane at 1300 RPM, no problem, but if you want to go faster you're going to have to floor it for a solid few seconds to start moving. 5th gear is the last 'viable' gear. 3rd is useful up to 90 in my experience thus far, and 4th is v strong. Going to post more in the morning

I'm driving from San Diego to Seattle, staying at a friends' house for a short while. Drove about 230 miles in a day, used less than a third of a tank in the process. It seriously holds 26 mpg steady if you're in top gear on a flat highway.

Found the car on the ZR1NetRegistry. Old boomers trust that site for their cars.

Here's my corvette

Buy this, it will leave your interior leathers/plastics feeling like new without the greasy or shiny look or feel while protecting it. Really nice for steering wheels/shift knob
>amazon.com/dp/B000AMLWH8

>14k
could have had an FD rx7/10

>FD rx7/10
OP needs a car that won't blow it's engine to kibbles and tits

Plus, I'd rather have a car that I can warm over to sub 12's without too much work. It'll run 12.8 stock with a good driver, and it acshually handles well. Pulls 1G in the corners on pirellis.

I've got some waiting for me at home :3 Thanks for the suggestion beh

C5's are underrated as hell. I totally dig the transition between C4 blocks and C6 aggression. I wish they had integrated headlights tho, the flipups were out of date by then.

>Unreliable mass produced meme vs a legendary custom built performance car

so why did he buy a GM?

The mazda can easily run 10's with new turbo, injectors, spark and seals? the internals are stout as fuck

Flip ups are where it's at my man

Always wondered if a C4 or C5 would work as a DD. I daily a 2004 Mustang now and it feels like driving a boat, plus the build quality is shit.

>so why did he buy a GM
scroll up and read about the engine kiddo

buy a distributor , and keep it for when that shit goes out. other than that, youre in good shape. Not bad, op

I dd my c5 everyday. I get 21mpg which is acceptable for me

Just for that body type I think theyre a little spoop. No hate, much love.

Already ordered a new starter and water pump, already bought my battery tender :D

I love what they're capable of. Could have been mildly more highly-geared but they do their work!

nice. idk about zr1s but most lt1s have dist issues because the water pump seals leak into the distributor which is mounted right under it. (yay gm) if it starts leaking at all, itll probably get into the distributor and fuck your shit. Still a great deal and car though!

Understandable about the pop ups, but I had a miata before this so I guess I'm a bit of a fag

word, thanks for the headsup. When I get home I'm getting a full inspection and detailing, splurge a bit... Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far and have no complaints. AC blows cold, windows work, I'm lovin it.
I can't get over the way the headlights backflip up on the C4. it's conceptually awesome. I wish they would do something similar for modern cars. Miatas are bae, so much fun and so easy to work with.

That Mustang guy here. I DDed a 1996 Miata for three years but sold it for the Brostang because lol v8 torks. Miss that sweet, sweet handling.

>miata
>c5

a true memelord

Also gm reliability guys

OP you going to daily drive that car? What else ya got

GM 4 evr

My favorite thing about my c4 is the zf6

Rotaries are fucking garbage you would have to buy an ls and a bunch of other shit to fix it. Sperg more nipcuck.

Like this?

Corvettes are gay

I'm glad they fixed that car

Ye it's gonna be my daily at skeww. My dad just got a 2017 grandsport and had it supercharged by Lingenfelter. He lent me 4k and I paid the rest. It's my own car, I would have bought something more 'practical' but I'm only going to live once.

>>>everett
Fuck off back to Renton you memer, I'm almost certain I've seen your miata at Pacific raceways

S m o o t h . Love it, post your pics!

I-is that an LS?

;) come blow me after you lose

Nope I live up north. I sold the miata shortly after picking up the c5

Dude, you don't want to daily drive that car. Save up for a commuter fast!

>desiring a slower RX7

reminder GM has NEVER EVER won LeMans

Delete this

Yes it's a LS swapped FD. It was at Monroe's Evergreen Speedway for AutoX. What parts are you in?

But for why user? It's got good mileage for the engine, the transmission is not egregious, and the seats are /comfy/. esplain urself??
BHam? Kirkland? I'm on the olympic peninsula
This is poor quality bait.
Peninsula. I come over on rare occasion to see some other car buddies but it's really nice driving out there without the traffic.

your garage looks comfy lad

Granite falls

neat, any idea when the next general car show at PRW in kent is? Or anywhere for that matter? I've been meaning to actually socialize with Veeky Forums people in WA

Not a car I'd want to put miles on unless for fridays or weekends. People at your school are gonna ding it up, some dickless piece of shit might even fuck with it. You eventually are going to want a second shitbox

Name one current automotive production rotary rotard.

I tend to avoid going that far south. You should join the Washington kik. Shitposting with potential meets

Name one GM LeMans victory

Wa

I hear your concern, but my family owned a same-year with

Keep sperging and obsessing.

meme'd on nerds

Nice obsession. They won many times in GTE LM. Keep raging that the GTR is no longer the fastest """""volume""""" car around the ring.

:( I'm very depressed by the clearly disturbed/oldtimers boomer guys on corvette forums who think GM actually won ever

Back on subject maybe, thoughts on the next gen MID-ENGINED corbette?????

bump you smelly bastards

I'm gonna bumb this in the morning with more glamor shots and maybe some webms w/audio. I'm sure there are at least 4 vette owners to jerk eachother off here, maybe tomorrow and the weekend will bring us together :33

Get yourself a def Leppard cassette OP

It's funny you say that, the car came from Chevy with a 'Chevrolet audio test cassette'. Some good hits from the day. I've been burning mixtape CD's for my roadtripping and I'm gonna invest in a sweet cd case so the stupid women I lure in with the prospects of a 'manual lesson' will have something to play with

This post is just as autistic as trying to compare a Corvette and an RX7.

All these poorfags posting ugly-ass beater C5s. The only way they look even sort of decent is with an aftermarket bumper, what the fuck was GM thinking.

I wish GM would have continued to make a DOHC V8. After the northstar I don't see them doing that. Is the northstar even that bad or is it a meme. I can still understand why they use pushrod v8's though.

kinda rude but you're allowed to have an opinion
yeah... DOHC had such potential. Northstar was a hit or miss lemon. Should have just put an LT5 in every car

Z51 or base Carrera?

Both would be 2014s, I'd save quite a bit of cash on the Vette and it would have more low end power.
That being said I'm going to stick with auto, so the Porsches PDK is far superior in that respect. Porsche wins out on interior, i think the corvette has sexier lines though. Porsche has a bit more respectable "image", I certainly don't want to look like a boy racer.

Neither are very exclusive and you see both fairly often.

Damn dude, maybe some people like a nice stock car?

North star is really bad, it isn't a meme. The heads don't like staying attached to the block

This would be my daily driver by the way.

I will never track it and my father is much more partial to the Porsche (I'm a lucky richboy whose daddy is going to pay for half)

He's just a faggot, don't engage him

Sup senpai

honk honk

*blinks lights*

Pretty hype desu

I've never driven either but everyone says Porsche is the king of usable sports/super cars. I'd go with the German meme

You'll look like a douche driving either though, so I mean just be aware of that. You get used to it, coming from a sport bike rider. Just be aware of that.

Oh also since you said you're going with PDK you might want to look for one with paddles instead of those stupid little things on the wheel. Unless you're going to use the stick itself to shift

I have a hard on for paddles but that's just me

>GM sucked so bad, they had to have someone else develop their engine to actually make power

I'd take the vette because I don't give a shit what image I put off with the car. You could invest the money you save in eventual repair bills or upgrades.

'94?
beep beep vroom vroom very pretty c6 lad
great paint
>GM wanted to make a superior product and so reached out to work with similarly motivated individuals to pull it off within tolerances that suits made up
Don't be mean, the LT5 was a labor of love

Paddles are a huge boost for track driving. But if you're not "boy-racing" then you might as well just let someone shift for you

'94 it is. The paint isnt all that great. It has slight waterspots I haven't been able to remove. I fear they've been on there for a decade+, but I do enjoy the car greatly.

"Boy racer" as in massive carbon fiber spoilers, obnoxiously loud exhaust, vinyl decals everywhere - that kind of thing.

I want something that's a bit elegant but still fun to drive. I'm sticking with the automatic because there are some day when I just want to leisurely get around town, etc. I definitely want the paddles, the little buttons belong on a Carolla

This is a dumb and pointless question, but I think the dude lost the roof removal tool somewhere. Where would you buy a replacement? And I think it looks fine from that jpg at least. You have my support and love.
Word. Get the Corvette. I genuinely believe it to be a better performing car.

I've actually wondered this myself. I have the tool, but I imagine getting a replacement from google.com wouldn't be too hard to find. They're probably on amazon. I'd use that as a point to drop the price of the car, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying the car. Spoiler: the car handles much better with the roof on

hehe, I'm sure it does. I just love the thought of whipping through santa barbara sunset with the top off and my A-Ha blasting.... It's a nice thought

You don't notice the difference until you're bombing through a corner at 100+ mph so it's really not a big deal, and it's not like you can't bomb through the corner with the roof off ;)