>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/259060/Dominions_4_Thrones_of_Ascension/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for scales Mictlan

Second for erf snek

Get your slice of Knife Ear Pie while supplies last!

Anything that targets MR and isn't single target.

Even with Antimagic (which they're quite sure to have) they'll fail their checks most of the time even for easily resists stuff, if you have any pene boosters. Curse of Stones already should give you a lot of time to hack them to pieces, as long as you have enough shit that won't just explode on the BV.
(Wind of Death / Beast Mastery is obv better but I take it you don't have that)

For getting to their mages, Howl can be great. Though it doesn't do too much against the piggies in itself.

This is how /domg/ gets slid, not with a bang but with a ____________

BRAP

What is the least imaginative pretender for EA Mictlan? I have a suspicion my strategies are too innovative and want to get back to the basics.

go to better domg

press R
hit enter
no imagination used

Not using Earth Snake? Way too innovative

What if that CoE mechanic is implemented where all your blood rituals have a chance of backfiring?

The thread is dead!
Long live the thread!

There's a surprising number of people still alive. I feel like outside of North Western Europe, Central Asia, and Eastern Asia everyone is still alive.

What is Pelagia even doing? Abysia?

I also have no clue what Nief, Hel, Kai are up to.

What's the worst luck you've ever had in a game /domg/? I had a game where the two forts I was building from my initial expansion got raided by Barbarians the same turn labs were being built in them and I'm pretty salty.

I don't have many UW scouts so Pelagia is a total mystery to me.

Nief/Hel is a mystery. I don't know if they've been buddy buddy this whole game or fighting at a stand still. I know Nief went underwater at some point which was pretty innovative desu

I had a game where my cap lab burned down twice before turn 20 and I took neutral fortune. Really regretted not taking Mis 1 and order

>What is the least imaginative pretender for EA Mictlan?
Pretty much what you've got.

Dom8 is a bit unusual, and you could probably take more turmoil in return for luck scales.

F9B9 Balam is a nice alternative, which I prefer over N9B9.

That, but with order 3, misf 1, magic 0

F9 is p. innovative famalam

No magic scales on Mictlan sounds a lot worse than no order.

F9B9 or N9B9 were the two I was recommended to take as mictlan. I thought F9B9 was a pretty common pickup, considering it works really nicely with mictlan's sacred troops.

Trust me, the game will be over long before I'm dead.

If Ur doesn't win, Atlantis taking my thrones (and TNN's) puts him pretty close to winning as well, and no 2 nations combined can beat them anyhow. And there'd need to be some key players for a successful 3v1 anyhow.

F9 is way better than N9 early combat power wise. N9 is almost useless for Mictlan stuff, its more for mages and big summoned demons.

can madman asphodel come in discord or steam chat?

>imprisoned rock thing
>more turmoil, more luck
>big magic, big dom
>eat jaguars and haribo sugarfree gummy bears until unable to consume anymore
>point ass in general direction of indies

Later, replace jaguars with demons

N9 synergizes well with B9, dual shape jaguars and with the high hp ozelotlz.

F9 is just an overall weak major bless. You take it mostly for the effect of the minor.

Why does that sound worse? Their mages already have a good RP/g ratio, while literally all being useful, but their sacreds are expensive, the unrest reduction from order is nice, and the increased gold means you can put more forts up

>N9 synergizes well with B9, dual shape jaguars and with the high hp ozelotlz.
It does, but N9 isn't a good bless for either ozelotl or jags. They don't have the survivability to make good use of the regen N9 gives.

>F9 is just an overall weak major bless. You take it mostly for the effect of the minor.
F9 has a number of qualities which make it a lot more desirable for Mictlan than it typically is.

First, their sacreds are very disposable. Most nations like to invest into defenses for their sacreds at least a bit, because losing limited cap-only sacreds in every fight means you run out quick. Mictlan has no such trouble, and can build full blender bless on their jaguars.

Second, F9 is quite a strong bless earlygame. It falls off later into the game quite heavily, but at midgame you'll be moving primarily into Tlahuelpuchi (which don't need a bless to work great). Your bless should be primarily geared for coming out of earlygame in a good position.

Third, jaguars have a large number of low-damage attacks. Many weak attacks is the ideal situation to take a F9 bless. Flagellants like a similar bless, at least in summod where you can mass them.

Magic 3 means you hit those vital research goals faster, and means your research isn't hurt as much by having tons of mages out blood hunting.

In terms of numbers, Magic 3 gives 43% more RP compared to 15% more gold from Order 3. RP is obviously less valuable than gold, but that's a massive increase you're missing out on.

Magic also has a +/- to fatigue costs.

That applies to both your enemies and you, I don't really count it as a benefit.

Secret tech: drain immune mages also ignore the fatigue penalties.

What's the sexiest faction?

It depends on your fetishes. Pangaea is the most sexualized.
I like MA Caelum.

MA Rlyeh
Mindcontrol and tentacles.

Abysia is definitely the hottest

>drain immune
What is this sorcery?

Check out LA Man and MA Ulm.

How to fix EA Xibalba
>Ozelotl HP reduced to 20 from 33
>Beast Bat HP reduced to 15 from 19

How to fix EA Lanka
>Rakshasi and Raksharaja are now inept researchers -4
>Mendeha attack reduced to 13 from 15, and magic resistance reduced to 16 from 18.

How to fix EA Kalaisa
>Yavana resource cost reduced to 6 from 8
>Yavana Archer resource cost reduced to 4 from 5

How to fix EA Ulm
>Antlered shaman now gets another 10% chance for +1 F, E, D, or N.

How to fix Yomi
>Demon Priest are now Holy 2

How to fix Tir Na Nog
>Now has a research 2 conjuration national spell "Summon Tuatha Warriors": Summons 2 Tuatha Warriors for 5 N gems.
>Now has a research 5 conjuration national spell "Emergence of the Ever Young": Summons 5 Tuatha Warriors for 10 A gems.

How to fix MA Eriu
>They also get the two ritual spells above.

How to fix MA Man
>Logrian Wise Man is no longer an inept researcher

How to fix Asphodel
>Carrion Centaur, Carrior Lady, and Carrion Lord now also have +10% HP regeneration.

The Nief/Hel alliance is still thriving.

I'm fending off monkey advances and exchanging occasional provinces with Ur.

>tfw your local coliseum will never have a rape giraffe
Also some of these feel arbitrary, some don't do enough to fix the nation (Man) some don't need fixed (asphodel), and others don't nerf the nation enough (Lanka)

Fairly sure its a meme as none of those fix anything.

I'd prob go for Order3, misf1, growth1, magic2. Order is actually more important than Growth for income/hunting since it keeps the unrest down. And magic -MR also helps the BV to hit.

Or misf-2, growth-2 if im feeling lucky.

Fake news. They don't.

Objection!

How to pkay weeaboo?

>research effects

Sorry, capped the wrong snippet.

erfsnake or another nation
with those scales and imprisoned you will never live to see the sun setting

B-but why?

It's wrong, though. Feel free to test it.

Like this?

demon priests being h2 helps to mitigate Yomi's morale issues with their non demon troops
Ulm's 'fix' is actually a pretty significant buff, as it not only doubles the chance of any given path off the 10% but gives a chance at 2 10% proccing
Tnn/eriu is shit because of the gem types and the terrible power/gem you're getting, other than that it isn't bad
That's way to much of a nerf on ozzies and bats need siege strength reduced not just hp

If it is a meme it's a well played one because some of the suggestions are reasonable-ish

More Dom less sloth
Take either cold or heat to 2 depending on if you want to use fire or cold demons

Cold is my suggestion for more W events

>not tanking sloth as Yomi
>suggesting temp at 2 instead of 1 or 3
Is it bait?

Demon priest has 10 leadership unless you mean spamming sermon. But even then the main bonus from H2 is easier bless. Proests being weak isnt what hurts Yomi most tho.

Ulm buff does next to nothing to fix the nation, it only slightly buffs their cap only mage.

Elf buff is pure meme. Tuathas arent even very good.

The combat nerf to Xib/Mic demons isnt a real issue for those nations too.

Overall very slight and cosmetic changes not changing the power balance at all.

I said less not none, as in 2, you want to be able to recruit your non demon troops at least a little.
And yes because the difference in income between 1 and 2 is negligible, whereas at 3 you are essentially locked into whatever you took

But income going to bottom with climate scales. And resources are not so important.

Shikome are good, you should use them.

I think i solved.

Why awake? What will it do between turn 1 and turn 12 that's worth 3 scales?

To sight search and summoning.

Ok, maybe like this?

site search can wait 12 turns.
summoning during first year? Is it even possible? You wont have any research to cast worthy conjuration spells.

income -25% looks harsh. Why don't you remove cold and take dom 7 or something like that?

===================>

>dom when dom 8 is much higher than average
?
>A5 when literally nothing needs A7
?
>Cold 2 when most of your units do fire damage
?

I don't understand his argument. I can't see why you need dom 9 when you could have more income. More income = more mages = more everything. Income is very important, unlike resources.

>tfw suck at early game lanka
How do i git gud at them?

Most of yomi units do shock damage.

run prod monobless

Maybe he knows something i don't know. Never be good at turmoil-luck.

Is this a summod thing? Vanilla Yomi does very little shock damage.

It's not a summod thing. Illwinter gave them recruitable tengu

Yes.

Oh. Even then, Tengu get one lightning bolt per battle.

sorry I was meming. There's still no major shock damage, and idk what that dude was talking about

looks good to me.

perfect.
Don't change a thing.

Well, sent celestial general without turmoil or climate scales.

>the difference in income between 1 and 2 is negligible, whereas at 3 you are essentially locked into whatever you took
This is bullshit. At temp scale 2, you're going to spend almost half a year at cold/heat3 anyway. The difference in income between temp1 and temp2 is actually larger than between temp2 and temp3, since the latter can't go higher than the maximum of temp3 in any season.

Temp scale 1 is better 1/4 of the year (+5%*25%), worse 9/12 of the year (-5%*75%) for a net 2.5% drop in income

Temp scale 2 is better 1/12 of the year (+10%*8.33%), the same 1/6 of the year (0), -10% for 2/3 of the year and -5% for 1/12 of the year (-5%*0.833%) for a net 7.08% drop in income.

Temp scale 3 is better 1/12 of the year (+5%*8.33%), and worse the rest of the year at varying amounts (-5%*1/6, -15%*1/2, -10%*1/6, -5%*1/12) for a net 10% drop in income

>tfw you pull off fog warriors in a proper game for the first time

Might as well put up pics. I'm usually on the receiving end of the one sided beatdowns so I'm pretty happy. Tzeentch is busted.

30% off on Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/259060/Dominions_4_Thrones_of_Ascension/

>skeletons

>tartarians
>eater of the dead
>almost 30 necromancers
I'll still take it.

How come I dont see people spaming earth attack more?

High requirements (research, magic) and earth elementals arent that good and they also are easy to defend against and its easy to make your mages immune to the spell.

Is 30% a good sale for this game or could I expect more during a full sale period. Feel's like it's still quite a lot of dosh for a 2013 indie game

Needs E5, can only use very late in the game.

There may be better sales on gamersgate, but it's still pretty good if you don't want to wait several months without any guarantee that the next one will be better

Back in I think December it was on sale for 85% off on gamersgate.

10 bucks on G2A.

Nice stolen keys :^)

>0 Vampire Bats, -1 casualty
What's that about?

It looks like they gained a vampire bat during the fight somehow. Possibly from the Von Carstein if I had to guess.

So, is this the place to talk about Conquest of Elysium 4?

Any thoughts on it?

You can talk about it here.

It's shit