Who is the richest man to have ever lived?

Who is the richest man to have ever lived?

John D. Rockafeller

Mansa Musa I.

He had a net worth of 400 billion.

>In 1331

Wrap your head around that.

He just found a bunch of gold and squandered it on his way to Mecca. Taking into account inflation the actual market value was far lower and lower than it could have been had he used it more responsibly to bolster trade and help the spread of innovations and technology to his country.

Bob.

SHIEEEET

the real answer is qadaffi

mansa musa is the meme answer

>taking into account inflation

The value of 400 billion is adjusted to suit what the current values of his wealth would be in current USD (give or take, it fluctuates slightly).

The richest man to ever live was an African King. Accept it.

Crassus was worth 2.3 trillion in the 1st century BC; wrap your head around that.

Also Musa crashing the entire market and devaluing gold is somehow considered a good thing?

the saudis are also extremely wealthy and it doesn't mean shit, they just got lucky.

He was 200 billion behind Mansa Musa. Maybe if your considering how they acquired their wealth, sure, but 2000 millions is lower than 4000 millions. Numbers don't lie.

That's not how inflation works. Inflation is measured by how much a certain amount of currency is able to buy a given basket of goods.

Adam.

You can't really directly compare wealth across completely different time periods. There's lots of stuff that I can buy that J.P. Morgan couldn't, let alone some medieval king. And what qualifies as wealth is not strictly defined, either. Does an absolute monarch "own" the entire state?

some guy in babylon

It /was/ used to bolster trade and help the spread of innovations and technology in his country. He didn't give up every last speck of gold dust, he was just so wealthy he could toss gold away. Timbuktu became massively prosperous and educated under his reign. Islam prosperous and educated, maybe, but in 1331 that's not bad.

This.

If you're counting kings why not count Victoria or Putin?

Augustus, if that counts.
Crassus otherwise.

We

This... Caesar came to power on the crassus' dime...

Jakob Fugger

he wuz a black man

This is correct.
Why is this meme used only when talking about African history? Why is it so hard for people to accept they had kings, states, empires, kingdoms and history?

whoever runs the Rothschild family, pretty much owns every penny

Don't worry, only poltard visitors who frequent this site only to lend themselves and their plebeian ideologies an air of intellectualism take those memes seriously.

Underrated answer.

Probably only behind Crassus and Rothschild.

because its funny

it was a kang named mansa musa

Because despite the fact they did have their own kingdoms and history, they instead deny it and try to lay claim to the history of others.

Pompey was richer than Crassus though.

Source

Kang Mansa Musa of tha galactic empire of Egypt had a net worth of 10000 fucking hunna, in 10000BC!!!!!!

WE WUZ

So what? OP didn't ask who deserved to get rich

I love that book.

No, that's one common way to measure inflation, but that is NOT what inflation is. I appreaciate your approximate knowledge, but you have to bring more to the table than an only half remebered fact from 5th grade.

His worth already has inflation accounted for. If you were to translate the amount of wealth he has divided over the entire wealth of the economies connected to his value streams and project those onto todays world economy, then that would be his worth with inflation accounted for. His worth was so high, it broke the god damn scale, he broke the economy all along his damn way by introducing so much gold into such low velocity local economies.

Also, by the way, the reason that in reality, and Lord would probably want to get Veeky Forums style adventurers out of his lands fast, lest he completely destroys the low veolocity agrarian economy of the lords lands.

Scrooge McDuck

>If you were to translate the amount of wealth
That's not how it works either.

I laughed way more than I should have at this

Jeff Rothschild

The man that sold the world

>If you were to translate the amount of wealth he has divided over the entire wealth of the economies connected to his value streams and project those onto todays world economy, then that would be his worth with inflation accounted for.
Inflation isn't growth and wealth isn't percent of GWP.

Wealth is not comparable across disparate time periods. Get it through your head.

The proper question is who had the most functional amount of assets, and what they used the money on

probably augustus t b h, the mali tribe leader (musa) is an absolute meme as most of his assets were either not spent or spent on more meme shit, mali was and is still a third world shithole, rome was and is not

Not that user, and while you're right that wealth isn't comparable across time periods like that, Mansa still beats anyone else out.

>Because despite the fact they did have their own kingdoms and history, they instead deny it and try to lay claim to the history of others.

Timbuktu was incredibly prosperous, read a book you goddamn illiterate

>Because despite the fact they did have their own kingdoms and history, they instead deny it and try to lay claim to the history of others.

>
>
>

>pictures of egyptians under Roman rule
WE

oh really, what did they invent?

WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIET
t. Egyptians living in the Roman Empire

They do. Just look at that Melanin Warrior faggot who posts here every now and then.

It isn't, this time they're mocking the fact that a king nigger that crashed the local market is treated as da richest nigguh Evah; when if you're counting heads of states it should be Augustus or Victoria or some Chinese emperor

This

Hahahahahahahahaha. No, he wasn't. Pompey was everything Crassus wanted to be, but not richer.

Crassus most likely was the richest to have ever been alive

This

White bois BTFO

>He had a net worth of 400 billion.
And yet the average european serf probably had a higher standard of living.

No man was richer in spirit and beauty than Bob Ross

one of the rothchilds

they own more than money

they own

us

Melanin Warrior is the most obvious satire imaginable. How anyone can honestly believe he is serious is beyond me.

>satire
Just like that Pasha tripfag? No, they're not satire. Svetovid isn't satire. Sheikh wasn't satire. They're tripfags, and for some reason tripfaggery is attractive to people who are (literally) retarded. But they aren't joking.

I truly don't believe MW is satire. He doesn't talk like the stereotypical black person.

He sounds like one of those middle class afrocentrists on youtube.

It'd be laying claim to "the history of others" no matter what your ancestry is. You could be a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, but I don't see you having any horse archers. Ancestral/racial pride is misguided at best and dangerous at worst.

You realize those are portraits of Egyptian and other Middle Eastern subjects of the Roman Empire?

Underrated post

damn...

fucking lmao

What I don't get is why didn't Crassus just buy Rome and become emperor himself or whatever the hell he wanted?
He spent a lot of his life working for acclaim and appreciation, building up political power, even sucking up to Pompey on occasion when with his near limitless budget he probably could have just bought pretty much everyone and enough troops to kill anyone who can't be bought.
He sounds like a very ambitious man but he also took a very slow road.

Because you couldn't buy popularity in Rome and that was the only way the people would give him power.

He had no military successes, while Pompey and Caesar were winning accolades, and he acquired his wealth by fucking people over.

[spoiler]Mansa Musa[/spoiler]

Source? The highest I've ever seen Crassus listed at is about $200 billion.

Augustus was worth $4.6 Trillion if you count the fact he personally owned all of Egypt.

Top fucking kek

Came here to post this

I don't know.
In the ancient world however, the answer is likely Pompey, if we exclude kings and assorted people whose money depended upon their position (like Augustus controlling Egypt's resources autonomously but it still being a province).
Consider this: his father was the single biggest landowner in Italy (he basically owned the ager gallicus by himself). From his mother he inherited the Lucilii's holdings, also among the biggest (and most fertile, being in Campania) in Italy.
After his asian campaigns he brought back enough loot to double the state's income (which means he got enough loot for himself to equate his treasury contributions), after that he proceeded to raid and loot all pirate bases in the Mediterranean.
The only other heavyweight in Rome was Crassus, who was said to be as rich as the treasury. Which meant he was only as rich as Pompey without his family's holdings.
There's also the gold of Tolouse myth. If you believe that, the richest man in antiquity would actually be Brutus.

>changes the goalposts immediately

Socrates.

"If you can discover a better way of life than office-holding for your future rulers, a well-governed city becomes a possibility. For only in such a state will those rule who are truly rich, not in gold, but in the wealth that makes happiness — a good and wise life."
-- Plato