/tesog/ The Elder Scrolls Online General

Uncertain Times Edition

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/crown-store-showcase-may-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/eso-morrowind--warden-developer-qanda

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/138714024

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

>Latest PTS (public test server) patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340864/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-2/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guidë]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
For now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qu1OFJA98bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memes

will pay 10000 for marriage please respond
(bosmer need not respond)

How do we fix ultimates?

What's the best nightblade build?
What's the most fun nightblade build?

Anyone got a solution for this?
I got shissu's lua memory and it took care of the ui errors and add on memory stuff
But since i got no thank you i get these add on memory exceeded massages popping up and it doesn't seem that there is an option to turn that off.

No idea. Try using lua memory to set whatever lua memory you want and then turn it off, the changes should still be in effect despite it being off.

what is wrong with them?

i'd play this if it was free

No you wouldn't.

t.BR

I wouldn't

Most fun is a melee stealthbastard; both mag and stam has options for this. Sadly the only "viable" way to run that type of build is glass cannon as fuck and you'll die from mobs coughing in your direction. You can give it heavy armour, siphoning and retro staff to make a very versatile PvE soloing machine, butdon't expect to make friends with any of the DPS whores running trials etc that way.

There's some very competetive builds using destro staffs for mag, and bows/daggers with poisons for stam. These are what you want to look at if you want what the elitists call a "viable" build, but none of them look like much fun to me.

I'm currently working on a siphon-tank type heavy armour magblade with dual wield and restro staff. The idea is I can be tough enough to take a few hits, while having enough resource management that stealth/mist form are constantly available; and still maintain a decent damage output using the guaranteed stealth crits and stacked siphoning buffs.

It's the most fun class in general though so just go mess around with it. You can always respec pretty cheap if you think you've messed it up.

Is Circumfission autistic?

It sounds gay.

How viable are NB tanks nowadays?

Thinking about coming back to this.

I didn't get any good infalliable aether shit.
How am I supposed to get big dick dps now?

Just use willpower

But muh minor slayer.

You'll still be hitting hard. Just use it while you farm aether jewelry

For most content, perfectly fine. You don't have some of the tools that a DK has for crowd control, or a templar has for shields and healsl, but you have plenty of other versatility with enemy debuffs, self healing, and group healing.

Is it strange I feel like I do better group healing on my NB tank without sacrificing for it than I do on my Templar tank? Siphoning tree having all those tools baked in makes it easier to still take a bunch of defensive/cc skills while still having decent healing.

Not at all. Healing path is a powerful skill, and is very useful. Also, being able to keep soul harvest on your main bar makes you generate ultimate ridiculously fast.

should I buy this game from steam or straight from the elder scrolls online store?

I'd get it from the elder scrolls site. Retailers like G2A also have sales. It used to be a bigger problem, but if the steam servers are down, then you can't play, even if the game servers are up. And from what I hear there are shenanigans with steam wallet.

>MagDK in VMA
>Get butt fucked hard on stage 4
>Need to be in melee to self heal with embers, can't always do that
>Burn through magicka fast if I have to self heal with coagulated blood
>Level up magblade alt
>Think the extra range healing will be a greater benefit
>Get butt fucked on stage 2
>MFW

anybody have a good build for magika nightblade PVP?

I'd say straight from ZOS. Steam store can get fucky with somethings, and I heard you had to buy crowns through steam, and they don't always have them on sale when ZOS does.

Any plugins that disable the fuck awful combat music? This game has abysmal combat music and it only plays the same 4 shit tracks everytime skeever sees you.

>tfw dont even play that much and got in the vvardenfell beta
As a ragin tes3 nerd virgin I am loving it, perfect amount of callbacks vs new and unusual, and actually endeavors to explain seeming anacronisms like the existence of seyda neen.

You tell me.

Thieves Guild main quest.

>controller shitter

I know who you are :^)

don't you need siphoning strikes on pretty much all nightblade builds?

How is mine how is it

Bar 1: Rapid Strikes, Rending Slashes, Steel Memeado, Killer's Blade, and Ambush. Ult is Soul Harvest

Bar 2: Endless Hail, Caltrops, Shadowy Disguise (as a placeholder for grim focus), Siphoning Strikes, Resolving Vigor, Soul Shred

It was a Dunmer and Khajiit from the thieves guild quest

Great Trial today. Great fun.

Fugg I've forgotten to do dailies since I dinged 50 :(

>Caring about cp past 630

So what's going on with the stacks and piles of crafting material that I have? Do I try and sell it to others or destroy it? I have 200+ iron ingots and steel ingots. They just seem kind of useless since they don't boost crafting skills at all.

Sell them, you may even sell them to vendors since they go for like 2 gold per ingot on the market.

anyone pls advise me on this

Would going vampire on stamDK be ok choice for some extra self-sustain till i can be arsed to grind pvp skills ?

It's damn fun but on some bosses i just cant keep my hp up, or maybe i should swap to sword and shield for soloing ?

For the bottom tier mats, have max level characters who don't have any points in the related skill, do the daily crafting writ for them.

For example, the blacksmithing one takes around 30 iron ingots and 6 style materials, but gives 604 gold, 25 iron ingots back, and a couple other things. So if that seems worthwhile for the couple of minutes it takes to do it, then there you go.

is mother's sorrow set for magdk worth my time before I get some decent sets from trials?

Julianos is perfectly reasonable.

How does synergy cooldown works?

Guess its back to jacking myself to sleep

Stupid servers.

Godspeed, user.

Need help?

newbie here, i wanna level fast, how do i go fast?

youtube.com/watch?v=qu1OFJA98bw
n-no

every eq piece with training trait, kill lots of mobs
also skyreach, but you'll need a partner

Is syrabane any good for DK tanks?

Thinking of going syrabane + imperium + bloodspawn, at least until I can do some trials and get one of those tank sets to replace imperium.

Maybe that's too much mag regen though?

Tava's favor + bloodspawn + ebon is meta 4-man tank setup but there a good chance that will change next patch.

I'm just thinking about flexibility for doing pugs too, where warhorn rotations are useless when dps refuse to dodge and healers aren't always shitting out shards and orbs. I've been running with ebon/bloodspawn and mixed gear for the rest, and my resources are dry so often I might aswell not be playing

Maybe i'll just have a set for pugs and a set for proper. Just so used to being self sufficient on my nightblade tank

Going to play this for the first time today, what is the best faction to start out with? Also any tips on general?

Never tried an MMO before so will probably go solo for the first while until I get used to it.

Daggerfall Covenant, best zones, best story, best ruler

just to make sure you know, the servers are down for maintenance and will be for... well, no one knows, but hours, anyway.

but not the PTS :^)

Faction doesn't mean much outside of pvp and some cosmetic items.
DC a best though
Start researching asap, and I stand by making your crafter a separate character entirely, either orc for faster craft xp or Imperial for free Imperial motif knowledge. (otherwise you need to be lucky or fork over 70-100k gold for the motif.)

I run ebon body, akaviri dragonguard jewelry and weapons (shields are reinforced, one handers are both decisive with crusher enchants), and 2 piece bloodspawn. I don't do trials on this character, just vet 4 mans. Heth with food is at 33k, Stam is at 25k, magicka at 19k, near defense caps when buffed. For 4 man content, I shit out ults like crazy.

You're better off using ebon+imperium and bloodspawn if you want people to survive.

I have two setups for vet dungeon tanking.

blood+dragon+tava for when I'm doing dungeons with people who can survive with no problem for making sure warhorn is up and running during bossfights

ebon+imperium+1 maelstorm hammer and 1 piece pirate skeleton for when people are dying like flies.

I used to run ebon+imp+lord warden but people got confused by the warden effect and ran away from me thus rendering both warden and imp useless.

go to the camera settings and max out your first- and third-person FOVs

if/when you group, don't let faggots get you down. it's an MMO, so we have our share, but ESO's community is pretty excellent, overall. and, at least if you're PC NA, join the /tesog/ guild! can't really speak for the others.

take your time and explore, and seriously do whatever you want to, however you want to. game's gonna be around a while.

oh, and i also vote for Daggerfall Covenant. my personal favorite alliance is Ebonheart Pact, but DC's zones are just goddamn excellent, and their more generic fantasy feel is done really well. and Emeric is seriously the best ruler, hands down.

i just really really like autumn colors, snow, auroras, volcanoes, dark elf sluts, blond girls with brown eyes and cute accents, and drinking

Cheers, I'll go for DC first time round and see how I get on. Seems there is a massive update which I should have checked last night so won't be playing for a good few hours yet. Looking forward to it none the less

don't forget about this glorious fucker

>As another player has stated, and this is also my opinion, the game has turned towards pro-gaming, just to make happy this part of ESO gamers, leaving behind the casuals, the no-TS, the not-really-in-a-good guild players and all other less-well organized players. Therefore, I'd not advise you to buy this DLC.

>Normal difficulty remained untouched but the veteran difficulty level was raised to WoW-like pve difficulty levels, which means you need a pro-setup, a good guild, the right skills, max DPS, training and more training, TeamSpeak (TS) and so on..

>Not long ago, veteran difficulty level was still hard but doable, with a considerable but not pro-like amount of training. From mid-2015 till now, they made veteran mode harder, much harder and even more harder. Many players I know, liked the old not-so-much competition oriented veteran mode more, while trials used to be the hardest mode and 4-man veteran dungeons weren't as difficult, as they are now! Now everything has become pro-like (veteran mode): Single player, 4 men dungeons and trials.

don't these people have farmville or clash of clans to play

They still think people use Teamspeak they probably need to get back to Gaia Online.

Also anyone who unironically says Veteran Ranks are good should be shot.

>Darien
>Slays cultists, the undead, and the hearts of ladies Tamriel wide

But, thats why they have normal and vet versions of dungeons. If you want more of a challenge, you do a vet. This is not a difficult concept.

It's silly to feel entitled when the exact same content have a normal and veteran mode.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if the overworld had a normal and veteran mode.

It isn't.

Is joining a guild the only way to sell shit p2p without spamming zonechat?

Yes.
If you're just starting out, find a trading guild with no weekly profit margin. They usually have stalls in starter areas and such, but you'll still be able to sell things fairly easily.

"Good" traders aren't gonna be buying from stalls in rawl'kha, they'll be buying in khenarthi's roost and trying to flip your shit.

I find it pretty hard to manage without siphoning strikes; I mean it's not essential but it's too good to leave out imo. Using it in combination with any regen sets is amazing. If you're a dedicated gankblade you can do without because you'll be fucking off to hide and regen, but if you plan on lasting in a fight you'll need it.

I'm not sure how well those skills work together considering how wierd ESO's mechanics are sometimes; but personally I always have merciless resolve, sap essence and dark cloak on the same bar so you can stack the major/minor brutality and then crit for huge damage when you proc assassin's will.

Is it possible to magicka dps templar with just the templar skills and melee weapons and without destruction?

Sure, you won't be a very good one but you'll be one.

Would I do acceptable dps for veteran dungeons? I have a suspicion the main issue would be magicka management right?

No and Yes. Templars don't actually have to use the spammable from Destruction Staff (force pulse) but shit like blockade of elements/elemental drain is incredibly good.

Not to mention if you are Magicka focused your stamina based melee weapons are basically ornamental unless you try to do a hybrid build which is pretty iffy (but might be better in Morrowind)

Servers are back up but my launcher is broken now lmao.

>3 hours maintenance
are they sure they've done everything?

Until the refractory period is over, then they'll go for another round.

>server up
>get to character select
>infinite load screen

why am i not surprised

>Bolt Escape: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could fail to function in certain locations.

Finally.

They posted a service update about it so I suppose so.

Also, is templar any good at being magic DPS as well as Healer after a respec?

Someone said the NPC for the new Morrowind intro quest doesn't talk in Vulkhel's Guard so I'm sure they'll take the servers down again to fix that.

Yes and you don't even have to respec, there's enough points for both.

>134MB
>All it did was fix the sorc streak and a unicode issue

He doesn't talk, is bald, and isn't wearing any clothes kek.

Neat! Does Breton work? I kinda wanna play the DC questline as my main.

Take a screenshot, for posterity.

At least they nerfed capitalisations

>NB tank
Excellent taste

>why is my bank so cluttered
>what the fuck is in here
>52 surveys
>14 full stacks of soul gems

ah, that'll do it

Will the Warden's animal line be magicka-based? I really want to make a stamina Warden when he comes out because I love weapon skills but I also want to be able to summon bears.

Got a question for you guys. Looking to do VMA for the first time. Well, the first time successfully completing it. Have a magicka nightblade ready to go. I have two options. I typically keep a grothdarr on them for dungeons, but I also have a set of iceheart in the bank. My spell crit is already ~67%, and with iceaheart I could probably get it up to 69%.

So, I guess my question is this, would I benefit more from the extra damage shield from iceheart, which wouldn't cost me magicka but is based off of a crit, or from the extra damage to enemies in melee range from grothdarr?

Their skills are available for preview on the main website. Also the Bear is an ultimate so it scales with your best stat.

what why

Because those capitalized words, they are the real issues that needed to be resolved.

Looks like stamina Warden will absolutely viable with the animal line. The only skill that doesn't morph into a stamina ability is Swarm. The rest can all be morphed to fit into a stamina build.