Starting from a hill

Just bought a car to learn how to drive stick but my question is how the hell do you stop from rolling back or accidentally doing burnouts? I absolutely dread hill starts

>americans
Seriously is this bait? How can a human being not realise how to do a hillstart in a microsecond.

Everybody does, OP when - starting out. You just have to do it and play with the clutch. Modern cars have hill start features these days that make it brain dead too. You kids have it easy.

>not doing burnouts away from every start, hill or not
Wew

You won't do a burnout if you're driving a shitbox.

Use your handbrake, you can feel the point where the clutch grips then you release the brake and give some gas

There's two ways you can tackle this in any car.

The "proper" way:
>right foot on brake, left foot on dead pedal, car in neutral, not moving
>push in clutch, shift to 1st, keep right foot on brake
>slowly bring up clutch a little past biting point, keep right foot on brake
>keep slowly bringing up clutch, switch right foot from brake to gas
>give it gas if needed
>you are now moving

Easy mode:
>right foot on brake, left foot on dead pedal, car stopped
>engage handbrake
>push in clutch, switch right foot from brake to gas, shift into 1st
>slowly bring up clutch to just past biting point
>release handbrake, keep slowly bringing up clutch, give it gas where needed
>you are now moving

Handbrake

>brake to standstill
>apply handbrake
>give it a little extra gas than you normally need to (particularly if it's steep)
>ease the clutch out
>release handbrake just before the clutch grabs
You'll get the hang of it, it's just a matter of practice. See if there's any hilly roads near you that rarely get any traffic.

Don't use the handbrake, that's pussy shit. Learn how to do it properly, and practice taking off quickly so you can get the car going before it has a chance to roll back. You'll probably do accidental burnouts on the regular for the first week, but you'll get the hang of it real quick.

How about rolling backwards while doing a burnout?

Pro tip: don't try to smoothly apply the throttle when releasing the clutch. Feather it.

why so salty manee

ew, I hate this. I watched Eric The Car Guy do this in one of his videos and was just cringing.

That's literally what the clutch is supposed to be used for you dork. It's a wear item.

You don't want to mix speeds, especially while hooking it up.

Don't feather against it, just let it grips, and smooth with it, you shouldn't even be in the process long enough to be able to feather it. Smooth off clutch, smooth on gas.

>"oh my god you casuals cant even revmatch or start uphill without feathering?! wow you noobs get off my roads i am so pro at manual that my superior technique extends the life of my clutch by a total of ONE THOUSAND MILES even though another part will most likely break down way before it"

nobody gives a fuck whether your clutch lastst 300k or 330k due to revmatching when your engine dies after 200k

release the clutch until in starts to grip
release brake and add gas

He speaks the truth

>Use your handbrake
>handbrake
>Handbrake
>handbrake

Handbrake was a mistake.

Parking brake pedal master race reporting.

I just start like I normally do, but I give it a little bit more gas.

ebrake is for pussies who don't know how to move their legs

>not preserving your clutch

>when your clutch only lasts 300k instead of 301k

dumbass

this is how they teach it everywhere in the world

>you can only learn how to drive a manual transmission if you have a hand brake

this retarded fucking thread pops up ever 2-3 days and it's always fucking dumb burgers
how the fuck do you retards get a drivers license for driving an auto but still, can drive a manual legally without ever had been in one or even know what the fuck is the 3rd pedal for or what is handbrake

I AM DONE WITH YOU FUCKING BURGERS YOU FUCKING APES

>this is how they teach it everywhere in the world
but user, i'm a driving teacher, and that's wrong

I never use my handbrake to hill start, I just figured out where the bite point is and drop the clutch exactly to it while giving it a very measured amount of throttle.

The trick is to go from holding the brake to the accelerator very quickly, accurately, and consistently.

You need to use your right hand or middle leg for braking.
I use right hand.