Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General /pubgg/

Nobody else is going to make a thread for another 200 posts edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previous shitty memes

wew

>the game has been out for a month and a half
>There is still only one map despite the fact the map can be made with an in engine map editor or even RNG'd procedurally for every match

Confirmed for dead game

>Previously shitty memes
Actually, they're still shitty.

Also this game needs a mode without circles

Previous, not previously.
Honestly at this point I just want random [and more] vehicle spawns

>Also this game needs a mode without circles
Can't wait for a camping simulator where each game takes a week

>Mode without circles
>WAH I SUCK BALLS AND CAN ONLY HOPE TO GET SOMEONE WHILE I CAMP IN A SHED ALL DAY

You will never get to taste that sweet, sweet protein with that faggotry.

>I won a solo game by not killing the last man standing

Also I never realised after a while the blue zone will just close in till it actually covers everything

>Only 2 kills

>not trying for big boss medal

KILLCAM WHEN

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M FUCKING GETTING SHOT FROM JESUS CHRIST FUCK THIS GAME

>still outlived 97 more people

:)

Not stealthing until you punch the last guy.

>Military base
>No gun
>Guy starts attacking me with a shotgun
>Second guy starts shooting first guy
>Run behind building
>Second guy kills first guy
>Run up behind second guy and 1-hit kill him with a punch
>Loot both of them
This is so much more fun when you jump out into the first city the plane passes over and join in on the clusterfuck

>anons so butthurt they can't afford/play the game they have to make posts like this
>despite two more maps being in the works

Why the fuck are 19/20 circles in the middle of a fucking field where top 10 means lying down and hoping for a lucky last circle?

First win bitcheesss.

>shroud and his old cs pro buddy doing a zombie mode

this is fucking hilarious lmao, 2 vs 98 unarmed "zombies"
shroud is just holding a spot and watching 90 people run at him

Its coming don't worry.

This is fucking genius

Sounds great, honestly. Serious innawoods manhunt shit. Just need a way to discourage sitting one spot for more than a couple minutes. Something like the Red Zone, but more harsh, perhaps. Surely somebody could come up with something.

>people keep bringing up my 8th birthday

y tho

That's a deserving chicken dinner. 16 kills, total boss mode.

Was pretty easy after getting kar98k + 8x scope

>buddy has suppressed M24 with endless ammo
>refuses to shoot at targets moving nearby because "they're not standing still"

I still have to get the lead and drop on the Kar right. I keep overcompensating too much, so I just stick to single tapping ARs. Love the AWM though.

I won my first chicken dinner today, only scored 4 kills over the whole thing though

>bawwwwwwww this game is so bad it took 5 bodyshots to kill someone with the kar98

>webm only shows 3 shots fired
>first shot hit dirt in front of target - brown puff
>second shot hit arm of target - red puff
>third shot whiffed completely

You got 1 hit out of 3 on a target 100m away that was stationary. Making up bullshit to feel better about dying like a clown doesn't change anything. You're bad.

Just goes to show why developers should never take anyone here seriously.

>10 hours played
>found 1 Kar
>found 0 8x scopes
What am I doing wrong?

going to the wrong places apparently

thats normal bro

high kill counts are streamer kiddie shit when playing in teams. No matter how good you are revealing your location too often is asking for death

Scopes seem to be a crapshoot. Sometimes I trip all over red dots, scopes, etc. Other times I can't find a single damn sight for any weapon.

>Streamer kiddy shit
>I reliably get 5-8 kills per match

Look at these shed wookies acting like they're doing jack shit while everyone else has fun and tries to out skill the other rather than out RNG.

4x is WAY rarer for me than 8x for some reason. The ratio is about 4/1

Why would you DC yourself ?

>tfw picking up a shotgun means you will die

Why are shotguns so shit unless you get the drop on someone who is AFK?

>He can't use shotguns

>maps could literally be generated in an hour by hand in a map generator tool
>game that has millions of units sold can't do this

If this shit was all hand crafted I'd be far more sympathetic but we know any new map is going to be assets reused through the roof

the double barrel is so much better than the pump

better range, higher dps, much cooler

I've outshot people across a block with shotguns with the choke. Sounds like you gotta get good.

The double barrel absolutely melts faces. I always have it out whenever I clear a building.

shotguns are op at mid and close range though

Shotguns are the easiest kill in the game? At the first half they instakill everything at close range. With lvl 3 armor it's not so effective anymore late in the game.

>>game that has millions of units sold can't do this

I didn't know that there was a gamedev machine where you can insert money and results instantly come out

What do you need a shotgun for when some chump with any AR and an 8x scope can take you out with a maximum of two shots from the other side of the fucking island?

This is the same developer that is racking up the success with 10/10 games such as
>Tera
>Devilian
>Shovelware korean phone game #1
>Shovelware korean phone game #2
>shovelware korean phone game #3
and
>BOWLING KING

Yup, these guys totally know what they are doing. I mean, 10 tick 2001 technology rent-a-servers? What a brilliant decision. Truly, the top of the top for developers

try not running on top of hills? position yourself better? use the critical thinking that comes with a human brain

Just got my first dinner for two where I wasn't the last guy alive. I watched my partner get rushed in the final circle and he had to no scope them with the M24. I was proud.

Could you miss the point a little harder, please.

Do you honestly think they expected to sell 2 million copies in early access alone? The game's being sold that way for a reason

I don't understand why so many people here think renting server space is a bad thing. Everyone does it and there's no functional difference to the end user between self hosting and renting. It would cost so much money up front to self host its not funny.

normies get out REEEE

>winning back to back solo q squad games
Did the player quality drop or am i in the low mmr queues??

>this 12 year old Xbox game has the ability to have an in engine map editor
>Player Unknown is unable to code one for UE4 and must hand place all objects in the world through writing the code manually in binary for each item

could you be any more of a shitter? I'm sorry you struggle so much with an easy game filled with blind idiots, but the shotgun has been very useful for me at many points in a game, not just the beginning.

Doesn't change the fact that they blow in comparison to literally any other weapon.

chicken dinner status denied

>dies like a retard
>gets butthurt and blames the game/developer instead of accepting his stupidity and moving on
>gets called out for being retarded
>throws out a bunch of unrelated shit to somehow back up his original retarded assertions

>DURR HURR I HAVE SHOTGUN
>WHY DO I KEEP GETTING SHOT ACROSS HUGE DISTANCES WHEN I LEAVE MYSELF IN A FIELD WHERE MY GUN WON'T DO ANY GOOD? THIS GAME SUCKS!

Git
Gud

>is able to drop someone with level 2 armor in 2 shots
>they blow

lol?

Yea if I drop in in military base, better to leave the shotgun which I find first and search for an AR. Holy fuck you're retarded

That is some hardcore strawmanning.

are you serious..... every game dev has a map builder wtf haahha

You're the one that brought up getting shot by people with 8x scopes and crying about a shotgun.

Sounds like we're right on track for your retardation.

>level 2 armor
>2 shotgun shots

??

A double barrel shotgun with a choke will literally one shot anyone with any armor at a range of 30 meters or less.

I'm assuming the guy complaining isn't aware that this game has gun attachments, he seems to be on that level.

Let me break it down for you.

The point was not that I'm trying to counter snipe with a shotgun, the point was that they are outclassed by everything.

For instance look at
They're not wrong, but the problem is that fucking anything else other than a pistol will kill just as quick and isn't nearly as limited in range.

There is no point in keeping a shotgun when there are other options.

>the samefag is back

Go back to the reddit circlejerk. You'll fit right in shilling this game. You'll even get le upvoted my friend!

You guys are really selling their range short, I'm able to hit people for significant damage without choke from 100m with all 3 shotguns. If anything is wrong with them it is that they are overpowered rather than being useless.

>shilling in a dedicated Veeky Forums thread

I'm sorry you were dropped on your head as a child.

>They're not wrong
So you admit you're wrong. Shotguns can drop with two body shots, or one to the face unless they have a level 3 helmet.

With a choke they have acceptable range, and I prefer them even to SMGs for the most part outside of super close range using the micro uzi and an extended mag.

So no, they're not outclassed. They serve their purpose at close to mid range, and are great weapons fired without sighting, allowing mobility.

So you agree the game should already have multiple maps since they are easy to make and all he's doing is deforming terrain, dropping assets from a list into the world, and setting spawn points

>Shotguns are bad
I have actually 1-shot people with the double barrel from ~250m with no choke. They are the best weapons in the game, how can you say they're bad?

>being this upset after being told off for your retardation

What? I've one-shot people with the double barrel from 400m easily. Clearly you're the one who's bad.

Wow you're actually trash. I consistently get 2km shots with the S12K. Fucking Simo Häyhä with this shit.

>being a retard that doesn't understand map making involves more than plonking down bits on a grid and requires everything from designing new assets to topography, landmarks and of course balance.

durrrrrrr why don't game have thousand maps?!?1? Next you'll say those things don't matter for some reason or another.

Yeah, I'm wrong. Sorry.

Not me.

Are you implying the PUBG map is in any way intelligently designed??? Is this actually the claim you are making right now LOL

Are you claiming it is not?

>tfw no urban map with thousands of buildings and rooms

I would feel very, very safe in saying their design philosophy for the map was making a large play space that feels vaguely realistic, and not making a well designed, fun space. Yes.

>1 fps fuckfest

Calm down Pekka

If I bothered to ask why it isn't, you wouldn't be able to explain yourself.

don't see why not with these LOD

I can name a few off the top of my head

>number of buildings horribly designed
>buildings randomly placed
>sometimes with said buildings placed in such a way that either makes no sense
>the various places in which people can get on roof tops randomly if you know what random balcony you can exploit to jump onto a roof
>lack of any intelligent play space design in the open areas since it's all just trees and a few items here and there

>final circle tends to end up on open spaces far more often any any of the urban play spaces

The only well defined play spaces in the games are the bridges, funny enough, because it forces people to make risk reward choices.

But if we were to open up an ARMA 3 map editor with the intention of making a few towns, maybe a big town or small city, and make is atleast semi realistic (roads, cars spawn near houses, etc), and not try to intentionally fuck it up by going "LOL PUT 900 BUILDINGS TOGETHER IN ONE SPOT" - it would look, feel and play exactly the same as the PUBG map. There would be virtually no difference.

... number of buildings? Randomly placed? What are you even talking about.

he's just looking for excuses as to why he dies so often

Can you point to any town or city on PUBG and explain to me, in purely gameplay design reasons, why specific buildings were placed in the exact spot they were, and why their doors, windows, etc all achieve that end goal and don't compromise it?

If you can do this we can then go one step further and examine why those buildings then show up in other places as well - or why different buildings have different degrees of access points that do not interact with TPS camera design all that well

I got time friend, we can go over every point in detail if you wish

I WAS going to give you the example of Rhozhok's warehouse and guard towers having only a few possible spawns but overlooking the whole town, while the town's taller buildings have more loot, are easily defensible from the roofs but in turn are easily attacked from the watch towers.

Then I realized a complaint like that is autistic as fuck because they are meant to be real towns and gameplay comes from on the fly venues of attack and defense.

Thats what this general is all about. Autistic screeching between rounds how the way they died is due to bad game design.

Well, desu famalam, this game is pretty awful, nowhere close to even being in alpha at this point

It can get better, but Bluehole? Nah. This, right here, is the pinnacle of their success. With the way the shit desync/server issues happened in the invitational, and the ineptitude to fix things that should be easy to fix, it can only go downhill unless they bring in someone

>servers that are 3rd rate
>bugs that anyone semi-fluent in Unreal can fix
>awful netcode
>memory leaks
>servers
>game design (circles, late game, early game etc)
>hackers
>optimization

I could go on. This game doesnt do anything well to the point you can be confident that this game will eek out being EA garbage in a months time. Im hoping it wont be, but what the fuck have they done in the future where people are shilling and samefagging this hard for this game? How the hell can you be confident in their ability to address all the major issues within their 4 month EA window they stated?

I love this game, and it's the best one of this sort yet, but that's like saying you got the best form of cancer. here's hoping it improves drastically tho i wont be holding my breath

user don't be fucking stupid. I bet you didn't even know about this game the week before the last one and THAT was the team's vacation period (cause it was a korean holiday, even).

You simply don't know shit about what has been or hasn't been changed or will change.

since there's an actual "studio" making this, and not the usual EA "2 guys working hard", it will be done. The previous patches have been pretty big already. Also, commercial success brings pressure to finish it.
Actual companies can't do the cash grab in the same way as the usual kickstarter guys (I'm looking at you starbound)

>because they are meant to be real towns and gameplay comes from on the fly venues of attack and defense

This is an interesting point. There is an old article from CCP from like 10 years ago talking about the design philosophy of a 1 server MMO. The TLDR of it was, conventional design was too worried about the "experience" of conventional play spaces being disrupted by population issues, so they had to tightly control and design every area to maximum effect

But once CCP started viewing players themselves also as content, it took a lot of the strain off designing areas. You still have to, because you want to encourage certain player behaviors and not others, and they are very careful about not fucking up their economy - but they realized if you don't perfectly craft every possible thing, this is okay, because players can and will fill in the rest.

It seems like games like PUBG have almost done a complete 180 in that regard. Whereas conventional philosophy is to tightly control the player experience to the outcomes you want, it's sort of like PUBG gives no fucks and want the players to be the sole deciding factor in content. But they sort of don't realize the game still encourages player behavior. Who REALLY wants to take a shotgun into the end game when you know 99% of the time the circle ends up in an open field with the only cover as trees. That Kar98 and 4 or 8x looks a whole lot better, and is almost always relevant - whereas on the flip side if we had the circle close in on Pochinki 99% of the time you'd see a lot more people taking 12 guages into the end game... So how you design the game still has an impact.

My only complaint is not necessarily with how shit the game is designed, but if you don't give a fuck with how bad the design of certain buildings are, and are going to drop 50 of those buildings randomly over deformed terrain... Why not give us a bunch more maps? Maybe a map half the size of the current one but same style?

>blood spatter on you but no damage
I like it

It's god mode :^) 100%

If it's not a frying pan victory it isn't a victory

What is daybreak