Serious question, why was the ancient Mediterranean world so gay?

Serious question, why was the ancient Mediterranean world so gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotadic_zone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not gay to like futa, user.

yes it is

>why was the ancient western world so gay?
fixed, don't forget that germanics were faggots too (heruli)

don't make me post the math behind it

Different cultures have different views on what "gay" is. For example these Russian anti fag police look like fags themselves to Westerners but they look badass to Russians.

shota is the pinnacle of sexuality you fag

gay is the same gender being attracted to each other. I'm not talking about looking or acting gay, but actually being gay.

there is no math. if you like traps you're gay.

that has nothing to do with the question.

Because homosexuality was seen as the epitome of masculinity and having sex with women was seen as something a weak willed and feminine man would do.

Because there is nothing more manlier than fucking another man.

the greeks were smart and new about true male sexuality

The answer to your question is that the ancient Mediterranean world was not gay. Being exclusively attracted to your own gender and basing your life around it is a modern individualist reaction against Christianity. They had very different views on what was sexually acceptable or not, and these views weren't influenced by Christianity like our own. You could fuck men and people wouldn't care as long as you were the fucker. Being fucked was seen as submissive and weak.

>You could fuck men and people wouldn't care as long as you were the fucker. Being fucked was seen as submissive and weak.

And yet, by logical necessity, clearly there still were lots of dudes getting fucked.

>OP's post
>a trap

holy shit read a book once in awhile

Traps are by definition men who are so good at imitating women it's possible they can fool you into believing they actually are women, though.
I don't think that being sexually attracted to a trap necessarily makes you gay. It IS gay, but it doesn't make you gay, in the sense that it's perfectly possible to have "straight"/normal male sexual preferences, but still enjoy homosexual acts or fantasies, I think.

It sounds strange but I mean, think about pederasty in ancient times, with how rare gays and bisexuals actually are, do you think all the men who enjoyed pederasty in those times were gay or bi? I think a lot of them would be no different psychologically than a modern straight man, unlike actual gays.

I'd say it's greatly exaggerated.

it wasn't, they were more tolerable to gays than the Judaic period but that is it

only among the aristocracy

You know how rich people today have the privilege of participating in pedophile sex rings?

It was the same then but with homos. Kept secret from the plebs.

wtf

Slaves were a thing

Slaves and teenagers, mostly.

Because gayness is part of the human nature, the greek-romans were just more open than us about it.
The difference is always cultural, how a given culture is willing to deal with sexuality.
For example in United States today gay circles disdain bisexuals, while the romans didn't have any problem with it, actually it was the more common option.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotadic_zone

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotadic_zone
According to this enlightened british scholar, the only non gay races were brits and niggers.
He may have been onto something.

Athenian rowers primarily consisted of the landless laboring and urban classes. Land-owning commercial artisans, tradesmen, and farmers were hoplites. And large landowners and successful merchants were the hippeis, with the top among them being strategos and triarchs captains.

Rowing wasn't that constant physically demanding as the image makes it out to be. They used sails outside of battle; rowers didn't wear or burden by gear or armor. Iphcrates was praised by writers like Xenophon when he was said to have made his rowers actually row while traveling to their destinations for training and to exercise them, and drilling them with docking and preparation during such travels, that infers that it wasn't common or conventional practice among other naviarchs. And it's noted that many Greek states (especially Athens) had selected ships in navy fleets that they put the best rowers on in case they needed them to serve as quick messengers or to catch fleeing enemy ships; and that many triremes werent even fully manned and always sufficiently maintained; that this whole 'Olympic endurance' of such rowers is just an exaggeration. Rowers, and the lower poor class that they often pertained to, were often hampooned in comedies has wanting to wage naval expeditions so they had a modest paying job that had them sitting and doing nothing for most of the time. Sure, when the actual battle came along, they had to put all their effort into their job to survive, but the same could be described of any type of class during battle. And most naval battles consisted as multi-day stand-offs before anything any action happens, and don't last that long in reaching a decisive conclusion. Meanwhile, land expeditions could consist of constantly getting bombarded by skirmishers and cavalry for weeks, and facing waves of hoplite phalanxes.

I have a suspicion that it was a founder effect that naturally blossomed into a social system of pedastry.

If founders constiute a disporponiate amount of genetic information in society and if they have/create the wealth to support those children fully...

well you'd have a disporportinate amount of pedos (assuming a sufficient number of founders had that tendency)

Because they were far more smart and civilized than we are.