Daily reminder that FCA>BMW

Daily reminder that FCA>BMW
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a10349049/2017-dodge-viper-gts-r-nurburgring-ring-lap-time-farnbacher/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4dJk8PkKY
youtube.com/watch?v=WGAU7aFMFwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk
youtube.com/watch?v=XT8LrA21vuo
youtube.com/watch?v=xJZAKvReRvQ
tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/videos/duel-bmw-m3-vs-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4-4c6E77obs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BMW doesn't have any sportscars in its lineup

Mercedes-AMG and Audi Quattro (head team of the Audi R8) are the genuine competition

>what is the M4 GTS

>Audi
Lmao Audis ''sports car'' R8 V10 Plus is slower than a 6 cyl BMW coupe - the M4 GTS.
It's true BMW doesn't produce any sports cars though.

M4 is a sports coupe based off the 3 series saloon.
It's pretty fast - sure but it's not from a ground up built sports car.

I like it

The M4 GTS is basically unusable outside the track and BMW fangirls love to pit it against the Giulia QV to pretend the M3 is the same thing and would win.
They still charge more than FCA does for the Snek

Funny how Audi can even make a Lamborghini into an understeering pig.

kek, that was quick
well, they don't call it "audisteering" for no reason :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU

Is there anything an Alfa Romeo badge can't make better?

>Is there anything an Alfa Romeo badge can't make better?
I'm not sure there is tbqh
also what is that? I like it

And the M4 GTS is cheaper yet faster than the R8 V10 Plus. What's your point?
M4 GTS was priced similarly to the car it was built to compete with - the 911 GT3.
Also the M4 GTS actually can be compared to the Giulia because the M4 is a 2 door M3 (mechanically identical cars), has the same power, similar weight.

As for BMW's ''true sports car'' the ''BMW M10'' name was registered by BMW in 2012 and this was posted a few days ago by German car magazine:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4dJk8PkKY
a BMW sports car might actually be in the works

>Ooooh user youll pick me up in your super-fast sportscar? Thats so nice... wait is that an Alfa Romeo? I just remember that i had to help clean Chad's BMW, see you soon

MY DICK

>Also the M4 GTS actually can be compared to the Giulia because the M4 is a 2 door M3 (mechanically identical cars), has the same power, similar weight.
>BMW fangirls this deluded
lmfao like clockwork

"While the basic shell of the M4 is unchanged, BMW swapped out many components in pursuit of track performance, costly bits that push the price to twice that of the base M4." - Car and Driver Magazine

>Carbon-ceramic brake rotors; a carbon-fiber hood, roof, strut brace, driveshaft, rear wing, front splitter, and rear bulkhead; and lightweight interior trim borrowed from the i3, are standard and reduce weight.
>water injection system
>Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, 265/35ZR-19 up front and 285/30ZR-20
>three-way adjustable dampers with external reservoirs and adjustable spring perches (they can lower the car by 0.8 inch for track duty) are employed

Hurrrrrr duurrr it's just an M4 with a squirt gun

Oh and roll cage does come standard faggot

>"All the GTS cars for the U.S. come with an orange-painted, four-point roll cage in place of the usual back seat" Car and Driver Magazine

Alfa Romeo 2uettotanta concept, basically the Alfiata.

>...Alfa Romeo? What's that? Sounds exotic...

>anime poster
>an appointment

Choose wisely

OP, is that picture just wishful thinking, or is Fiat really thinking of turning the Snek into the new 8C?

>anime poster
>on anime board
wew what a faggot amirite

What did he mean by this?

You can get the M4 GTS without a roll cage >>Carbon-ceramic brake rotors; a carbon-fiber hood, roof, strut brace, driveshaft, rear wing, front splitter, and rear bulkhead
You get all that in the base M3 and M4 minus the wing, retard.
The Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres have a treadwear rating of 180, Giulia still has much stickier 60 treadwear tyres.
A simple remap gets you 500hp on the standard M3/M4 too, the water injection system is basically a tech demo - BMW wanted to show what they're capable of.
The M4 GTS is literally a remapped 2 door M3 with a wing and stiffer suspension.

That better be an actual sequential, because fuck these "driver's cars" with shitty autos

It's basically a street legal version of the last gen ACR-X, with bodywork by Zagato, paying homage to the Alfa TZ1 and TZ2.

It's called the TZ3 Stradale and it's, of course, an ultra-limited car and every single one's been sold.

Neither, it's been done. It was a limited run of 9 cars in 2010. They're based on the ACR.

>You can get the M4 GTS without a roll cage >>Carbon-ceramic brake rotors; a carbon-fiber hood, roof, strut brace, driveshaft, rear wing, front splitter, and rear bulkhead
>You get all that in the base M3 and M4 minus the wing, retard.
The one setting the Nürburgring lap had all that though lmfao, keep trying to damage control retard.
Another pic

>An anime poster taking about opposite sex human interactions in real life on a vietnamese bamboo eaters image board

So the roll cage and wing magically made the M4 25 seconds faster on a track?
That is fucking magic.

>Current dick status: diamonds

Giulia had these

LE 60® THREADWEAR™

The rollcage adds rigidity. You'd know this if you knew anything about motorsport.
compared to these on the twice as expensive roll cage fitted water injecting 2 door 2 seater track special bmw m4 gts
Also LMAO at the "muh remap", as if the Giulia couldn't be remapped only to btfo the remapped M3.

>literal cheater slicks
>BMW fangirls defend this

>Unofficial

kek

So you can tell a tyres performance just by looking at it? Lmfao.
Assimmetrico 2's are 3 times stickier/softer than the PS2's.
It's just that BMW doesn't dare to use ridiculously soft semi slicks even on their track car because they are dangerous on wet conditions.
BMW is capable of building a fast car without borderline semi slicks like the Giulia.
The GTS roll cage is only in the back and it only serves for safety purposes as it's not a full roll cage - the torsional rigidity between the GTS and base M4 is the same.

>damage control
KEK!

>The GTS roll cage is only in the back and it only serves for safety purposes as it's not a full roll cage - the torsional rigidity between the GTS and base M4 is the same.
>Safety purposes

let me guess, Porsche added a rollcage to their Panamera for (((safety purposes))) too?

>damage control
How? M4 GTS set a Ring time the Alfa engineers could not beat even after several attempts.

topkek

How is it not damage control? M3 GTS wasn't brought to the track by BMW engineers because it literally can't compete.
The Viper ACR is the comparable car. And it's both faster and cheaper and it needs no rollcage to be fast.

Not only the rollcage, also:

>full racing seat
>3 points race safety belt
>rear seats deleted
>full racing suit and helmet

>implying "official" laptimes are bound to any regulations whatsoever
It's only unofficial because it was brought by privateers, not the constructor team.

>M3 GTS
Are you actually talking about the E92 M3 GTS?
Lmao dumb italishill.
also
>moving goalposts
Viper is a Dodge built by American engineers, you wish it was an Alfa kek.

Meanwhile, in the Giulia...

>helmet
>a fucking red t-shirt and jeans
>wristwatch

That's it, not even a single faggotry like German did.

>in b4: tuned car with F1 race engine

>muh remap
Well, the M3 GTS probably beats the Giulia if you put it in dynamic mode, lol.
Stock vs stock is the only worthwhile comparison, and the Italian lady smokes the Teuton in equal conditions.

I can't wait for the Stelvio Quadrifoglio record to read a new load of bullshit and fangirls screams

M3 GTS is the previous generation (2006-2011) M3, why are italifriends bringing it up?
Talking stock for stock, the (aging) M3 F80 still has the edge when it comes to track performance, as it's been proven by several track tests around the globe.

If the Stelvio will turn out to be as unreliable as the Giulia Alfa will see the same fate as Lancia.

>Are you actually talking about the E92 M3 GTS?
Damn, I fucked up. M3 with competition package and whatever you want, I thought it was called the GTS.
>Viper is a Dodge built by American engineers, you wish it was an Alfa kek.
It's the FCA product in that price range and it's a track car just like the M4 GTS
>moving goalposts
That's literally what you BMW fangirls do every time when you insist on pretending the Giulia Quadrifoglio is the equivalent to the M4 GTS.
Based
>M3 GTS is the previous generation (2006-2011) M3, why are italifriends bringing it up?
Because I fucked up thinking it was the name of the top M3.
>Talking stock for stock, the (aging) M3 F80 still has the edge when it comes to track performance, as it's been proven by several track tests around the globe.
Wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=WGAU7aFMFwQ

>as unreliable as the Giulia

Reliable sources that are not (((jalopnik))), memereports, road and cuck and other "not enough cupholders" tier media?

Not a single complaint from European press.

it will tear them a new asshole, you can bet on it

>filename

Even if they are not reliable sources the frequency of Giulias failure reports are scary. I can't think of any other new car that has received so much reports of breakdowns etc.
BMW fangirls bring up the M4 GTS because it's the same engine, same platform, same transmission as the M3. The Viper is a car built by a different manufacturer. BMW fangirls might aswell bring up the McLaren F1.
as for the Motor Trends video: no idea how they fucked up the M3 lap time because it turned out to be faster in their other video

Are you not italybro? Because I saved it from him when he posted it with that filename lol
urubro here

>Even if they are not reliable sources the frequency of Giulias failure reports are scary

I'm getting mixed messages here

>same engine, same platform
lmfao
it wouldn't have been able to complete the lap tuned like that if it had no water injection

>motortrend head to head
>ATS-V
plz no bully but i actually like the ATS-V and the Alpha platform is a god-tier chassis.

>it's the same car but it costs twice as much!
Of course, it's an Alpha. That's the only way to not drive a beta without driving an Alfa.

Not him but I saved a lot of his images from the memeballs thread

Too many reports from all over the internet even including Giulia forums.
An official (non-warranty voiding) Dinan remap gets you reliable 500-550 horsepower with no water injection.
As I said the water injection system is a pointless tech demo (and added extra weight)

Who would win?

>Super Soaker
>Alfa Romeo Giulia

By "Alpha platform" i meant the Cadillac. not sure if we were on the same page or a joke went over my head.

according to MotorTrend it's the best handling sedan in the world.
Either it is or MotorTrend are paid to shill american car companies

Jaguar XE BTFO from the last arrived

I don't see why they would be paid shills and then hand the head-to-head victory to Mercedes in the ATS-V vs C-class.

>dat NSX
Sexy

Is that Chris Harris?
He said that the M3 and C63 are better than the Giulia in his review lol.

There was a video of him driving the Giulia Q, one of the first "big" videos that came out, and I remember that he was complaining about the fuel tank size on the Alfa Romeo, judged too tiny.

The curious thing was that the Bmw M3 has the same fuel tank size, but guess what: you won't hear him criticize this issue on the Bmw.

the M3 holds 5 litres more in the fuel tank.
He notes more things than just the gas tank in the review
youtube.com/watch?v=XT8LrA21vuo

I know, that's why I said Alpha and Alfa in the same sentence. You know the joke, "if you're not driving an Alfa then you're driving a beta"? Well, I'm saying there's a way out of it and that's driving an Alpha.
I'm not sure tbqh.
>reliable 500-550 horsepower
Reliable to attempt Nürburgring records? lol
that extra heat goes somewhere
lol I thought you were him because of the arguments you brought up
I'm urubro the infamous creator of the original brand memeball and thread lol
Wew lad, I thought the M3 was the best selling premium D sedan. Did Alfa dethrone it and hand the crown to the C-class indirectly?
Also it's funny that shills here in Veeky Forums were saying that Alfa was BTFO because last year there were more XEs sold in the US when the Giulia arrived much later (and the US isn't its main market).
lol, Chris Harris and Doug DeMeme have to be the greatest shills in the history of car "journalism"

Also did you see Doug DeMeme complain about the indicator switch on the Giulia when it was actually that he didn't know how to operate it? lol

In that context it means that its not their official attempt.
It can go faster.

>no Cadillac

>the chart says in Europe

It explains...

Chris Harris actually gives some of the most unbiased opinions out of all car journalists.
>''In the end, Harris’ opinion of the car is about spot-on with what we had assumed prior to the Alfa’s release: Objectively, as a performance car, it’s not quite as good or as sharp as an M3 is. However, it’s more comfortable to drive, it’s better looking and has a lot more character. So while it is only about 8 or 9/10ths of the sports car that the M3 is, it makes up for that by being more exciting, more interesting and more comfortable. I think that when this car goes on sale, it will give M3 buyers some serious doubts.''

The QV is thirstier than the M3

>inb4 alfista fangirls autistically screeching muh 7:32

>Jaguar fail to sell more than the last arrived in its homeland and continent
>The last arrived brand has been memed since forever as unreliable exotic crap

How could this even be possible?

It's Alfisti you ignorant swine.
You would have known if you were in the Alfa Romeo milf thread.

>alfa
>exotic
also Jaguar has been memed as unreliable forever too, and with even more reason

I meant erotic

I know, I'm urubro and I'm also the infamous creator of the Milfisti thread lmao. You can safely blame me for 50% of the Alfa shitposting. Despite me making the Milfisti thread, the original Milfista™ was discovered by based Italybro.

I was just pretending to be retarded for the lulz. To claim that it's worse performance-wise when it holds the 4-door Nürburging record is laughable.

hnnngggg

So even a completely unbiased opinion is still invalid for italishills. The only valid opinions is where the Alfa is utterly praised as the best saloon ever etc.
Lmfao you can just never win with italian fanboys

>It's a Dodge thread gets derailed into Alfa vs BMW shitposting episode
t-thanks alfisti

>a completely unbiased opinion
lel
I'll believe there's a better sedan than the Giulia when it comes to performance when I see another sedan lap Nürburgring in less than 7:32.

You guys are ignoring the elephant in the room. An american pigfat car with V10 truck engine with pushrods just BTFO the Nissan NISMO N-attack. Alphonse is probably literally shaking right now. First Trump, now this.

You can believe whatever you want but real life tests (same day - same driver) have proven that the Giulia can not beat the M3 Competition on a race track so Chris was not wrong there.
The chase for a notable Nurburgring time has become a form of motorsport in itself, but a motorsport without a governing body, without appropriate safety measures, without independent adjudicators, and a motorsport that is governed by the ‘competitors’ themselves.
Literally irrelevant time.

>t the Giulia can not beat the M3 Competition on a race track
lol, see

>without appropriate safety measures
such as rollcages and stripped interiors that have nothing to do with the car sold to the public?

So there is one video of the Giulia barely beating it but there are at least 5-10 videos of the M3 CP beating it including Motor Trends own in depth Giulia review

any manufacturer Nürburgring claims should always be taken with a grain of salt. Without a dispassionate second- or third- party there standardizing everything, the manufacturer and whoever else it’s partnered with that day controls the narrative.

I saw that, and the Giulia was winning until one of the last corners (9:32) where the driver went out of the line, taking a tighter than needed curve and hence braking too much. Not the car's fault.

Then why hasn't BMW taken the M3 CP there?

Why should they? M3 has been already selling well for the last 3 decades it's not like they should prove anything, the world already knows what their cars are capable of.
What about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=xJZAKvReRvQ
and this? (some french user could translate what they're saying, I only see that the M3 set a better time)
tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/videos/duel-bmw-m3-vs-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio.html

Drivetribe is literally the former top gear folks, Clarkson, May and Hammond

>youtube.com/watch?v=4-4c6E77obs
>0-100 times
Why do germans always lie? Even with a fucking launch control.

Where does this put the GTR then?