/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

Why does this thread die on American time Edition

>Patch Notes (Latest 0.8.72)
playgwent.com/en/news#5030
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Positioning_Update_Changelog_EN_38urjqsh3l.pdf

>Upcoming Gwent Challenger Tournament
playgwent.com/en/tournament

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
gwentlemen.com/
gwent-tracker.com/

>Gwent Level & Rank Rewards Table
pastebin.com/f5cvmJzJ

>Gwent Closed Beta Rewards
i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>What Legendary card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Gameplay Demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w
>Nilfgaard arrives! Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6dEwsyGr-tQ

>Other places to talk about gwent?
reddit.com/r/gwent/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why does this thread die on American time Edition

No content in three months.

Also no mobile version. I can't be bothered to get out of bed on my days off.

CCG on consoles is one of the most stupid ideas i have ever heard of

Most definitely. Even though I like how I can play with one hand and masturbate to Triss: Butterfly Spell with the other one.

GUYS IM ALMOST RANK 15
JUST 87 POINTS UNTIL I REACH IT

im scared

>inb4 consecutive losses
Deck?

i play everyday 1-3 matches around 6am

you have no idea how fucking strong epidemic is

How so you normally use epidemic?
In what situation?
I'm guessing it's strong against ST or maybe agains Monster Arachasae.

I don't even know how that happened, seriously.

Are there more cards now or something? Gwent in-game was fun for a few hours but the mechanics of it were so limited. With no mana costs only the occasional special ability made it ever worth taking a small-value card over a bigger one.

its also good against reinforced siege towers, commando neophyte, spidies

mostly in round 1
thing is nobody plays around it or even expects it.
so you can play it whenever you want desu
i usually play it when NR has at least 2 reinforced siege towers

It's still the same but with a bit more cards and abilities. But the gameplay is still as basic. Meaning no face, no health, no mana etc.

It's just some stupid CDPR idea that it has to be like in W3 (they even said on reddit that mulligan will stay consolized because it worked that way in W3).

Wouldn't work against my NR since i use Ballistas too, but seems like a nice idea.
I think i could use it in some deck.

PS: Arachasae are the spidies, for ST i meant the Neophytes, so i had the right idea it seems

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP

Ded game lul

>already dead
;_;

Anyone else noticing a lot more skellige in ranked lately? Also thoughts on Savage Bear killing Priestess of Freya before she can resurrect? Is this intended?

>Anyone else noticing a lot more skellige in ranked lately?
Kind of, maybe.
Depends on which kind of Skellige deck you mean and at what MMR.

>Also thoughts on Savage Bear killing Priestess of Freya before she can resurrect? Is this intended?
Absolutely intended, the bear inflict 1 dmg to other units as soon as they are played, so you can't play Priestesses the first round if you use a Bear.

Can someone explain to me why the game looks so bad?

Because you have shit taste

Sum up /gwt/ in ONE (1!!!) image

The first Yugioh game came out on PS1 and it was perfectly fine you fucking retard.

>i usually play it when NR has at least 2 reinforced siege towers

They play the second tower using a Reaver scout

Consume to rank 15 from fresh account in 30 minutes game 2 ez

Do all skills need to be put in slots for them to be effective? Or some skills are just passive? It seems strange that you could have at max 12 skills active.

do i craft monsters or queensguard discard?

If you want to win, Consume. If you want to have fun, Queens guard.

>When does the Gwent tournament end? >How far in is it?
>Will it be streamed live?

dragon is your friend

>tfw 3 40 power Tuirseach Axeman

>yfw he throw a last turn Igni or Scorch or DBomb

DED

im dead too

help

All aren't great. Grab whatever faction you plan to roll with.

imlerith gets used sometimes, but yea grab whatever faction you plan to roll with

>They had enough arachas' to raise them 60 points and into the 100's
The one fucking time I needed the shitty lacerate
Also, what can a half-done version of swim's trebuchet deck do against a competent ST? There's just no way for me to keep card advantage(or there is and I'm bad).

>Opens with fog
>Use Radovid
>Forfeits

When will faglets learn?

>card advantage
>against scoiatael

Is there anything I can do at all then? Should I take my one consolation round win and die like a dog the next two?

If youre at low ranks they probably dont have full netdecks so you can still win.

I mean, I'm level 11 and unranked, I'm missing swim's 5 golds and Dandelion, but I fill in with Villentretemerth and some other stuff. I win games at like 3:2 ratio, but then some refined ST comes along (or someone with an equally finished deck) and I don't stand a chance.

ITS TIME LADS

VERY SUPERSTITIOUS, WASH YOUR FACE AND HANDS

Oh. Shit. I was still posting in the god-awful Witcher general since I thought this was still dead. I'll just repost here I guess.

>Back down in the 2100mmr toilet smelling Triss' farts
I feel like it's my gud gittin holding me back more than my cards, even though I've got few legendaries. Probably a combination of gud gittin and deck construction skill.

how am play without gigni and kayran and witches and elf and caretaker and get rank 15 pls respond

>god-awful Witcher general
>smelling Triss' farts
i'm deeply confused

user you're missing the core cards. it doesn't work without those.
they said that the season is going to end this month (not announced yet tho). so, i dont see many options for you here.
you could mill every other deck and craft a rank15 deck from gwentdb
like this one...its a little cheaper than my monster deck

If you don't smell farts then they start going all pod-people on you, user. You have to blend in.

Doesn't the end of the season mean the start of open beta? Have they specified if open beta is the wipe/will carry into release, or does the wipe happen at release?

In case of immanent thread death, break glass containing waifu farts.

I seem to recall them saying the only wipe will be from close to open beta.

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to it.

There's a wipe? D:
The FAQ said nothing about that

Yeah, everything gets reset once open beta starts. Here's what you'll get.
i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg

>tfw i milled all my cards to make one good deck
>tfw got to rank 12 and just cant get myself to play it again

Do it for the 6 kegs, user.

>tfw milled all my cards and drop 50 bux to make 2 good decks
>get to rank 14 and can't bring myself to play again
>want to try meme decks but no cards

Any idea what the "End season rewards" are?

Doing better than I am. I haven't milled anything but dupes and have like 4 cobbled together decks and got to 10 and haven't moved up in days. Pretty sure I'm stuck with 28 kegs. 30 if I hit account level 25 before the wipe which is fairly likely.

just 20 more days, probably
be strong anons

>Any idea what the "End season rewards" are?
I expect we'll find out exactly what they are after the gwent challenger, but rethaz vaguely suggested they'll be for top players on the leaderboard.
So at the very least the highest ranked player and the top 100 will get something special at the end of the season.

Oh, bummer. Though I guess it's still preferable to Hearthstone's ranked rewards. Gwent gives you a goodie trail all the way up to the top rank so it makes sense they would do something special for the people who actually top the leaderboard. Just a shame since it's never anything I'll ever get.

I have nothing to back it up but I bet most people will get some kind of ranked reward for the season. I just think the top of the ladder will get really good stuff.

its just going to be a unique title, like "Vingate Champion" or something

That's part of it yeah, but there's definitely going to be kegs and scrap given too.

>The economic end of season rewards are separate to the rank up rewards. Generally they will be more than the rewards achieved for a specific rank.
>There will also be vanity rewards which we've announced before, they will come in the form of titles and avatar borders.

no we wont get the open beta/wipe at the season end, because they said that they are going to announce it one month before it and they didn't announce anything yet

It would be pretty ridiculous to not have an open beta with the end of the season. We're just gonna do casual matchmaking for a month? Plus they already said the season was ending the second half of may in April.

You can try to keep CA with Ciri + Stennis

Imlerith

man, that's what they said

cdpr sucks ass, big time desu
never is there a fucking announcement on their website
instead we have to find that shit out through their fucking reddit and discord

It really is a pain in the fucking ass. I don't want to go to reddit but I'm forced to because how else will I found out about all this info rethaz gives when he fucking feels like it.

the length of this closed beta is worrying

the subreddit is dead too
there are plenty of posts with 0 upvotes on the front page

Yea, time to give the game up desu.
It's HotS all over again.

Also the EKSDE SO QUIRKY womyn who hosted the cardart stream is going to host the tournament.
just fucking end my life senpai

What does hosting entail? I know they got McBeard and Mogwai to be the castors for the tournament.

As long as the women aren't doing any commentary I'll be happy with that.

introduction to the event, interviews with the winners&losers and so on

Yeah, I'm fine with that. I wasn't gonna watch that stuff anyways. They could have found better hosts but whatever.

i was lurking some previous threads and there were some autists complaining about

>muh content
>ded game
>no patch
>100k shekels but no patch/updates

If you honestly believe they won't do a new version of the game after the finals of the tourney ends, you are either underage kid who never followed any competitive multiplayer sport or you are literally retarded

the women? are there any gwent women other than aya?

its really obvious that you're new

ded

I got into the closed beta for this game.

Is it any fun? Is it better than Hearthstone? Is it better than MtG?

I don't really play that many different card games on the computer, even though I know there's lots. I like to focus on just one, I want to know if Gwent is going to have some longevity to it, and not be like those six zillion korean ones.

Philippa is the best card there, imo.

+ 1 draw for NR is really, really good.

Imlerith is bad. Worse than before the positioning patch, obviously, and nobody uses it cause Monsters Golds are set in stone (Avallac'h - Caretaker + Kayran - Igni / Caranthir - Leshen)

Same with Hjalmar. Only fits into wounding SK, so you need an effective way to wound for 5 in some form or combination.
ST can pull x2 CA out of their ass every match.
Making you going first + Yaevinn.
And you will start next round too.

To keep CA against ST you don't need to be good, you need your opponent to be bad.

>Is it any fun?
Yeah, is fun.
At the beginning at least. Or if you play with friends.

If you want to play casually, I think Gwent could work.

i can't imagine this game being very fun on its own
in witcher 3 it was great because you'd collect a fuckton of legendaries and end up steamrolling everyone
but as a balanced game??

>you'd collect a fuckton of legendaries and end up steamrolling everyone
That's exactly why standalone Gwent is better. You cant have a full-lego deck.

How big are closed betas generally? Just came across some guy who was 150,000th with 623MMR

I just won a ranked game and got no points from it, the post-game tally never updated and I eventually closed the window. Did I fuck myself or are there server issues going on?

>How big are closed betas generally?
How do you mean? The number of participants?
It's just over 100k, just check the standings tab.

ded

>underage kid
>who never followed any competitive multiplayer sport

>Fun
Yes.
>Better than Hearthstone
In gameplay, free to play generosity, and card art yes. Interface no. God no. GOD NO.
>Better than MtG
Arguable but I would say yes, but I've also been out of paper Magic for 20+ years.

Playing meme decks is pretty enjoyable, although I do have to say I am anally annihilated that poor infantry spawns 3 strength even if you up the base strength with shit like decoy. "Spawn 2 base copies of this unit on the same row" my goddamn ass. Never trust a pole.

fucking finally
even reddit started to turn on cdpr

base copy means right out of the collection. Base copy of nekker is always 3 strength, base copy of PFI is always 3 strength.

>event is saturday
>it's tuesday
Are they gonna give info tomorrow or some shit. This seems super late for just basic ass info about the tourney.

This fucking big which doesn't correctly keep the last monster you played is losing me games. Fucking CDPR

learn to read faggot
its says played from your hand

you summoned her from your deck

Is that how that works? I thought monsters pulled from rally counted toward it too. I actually don't know since I've played pretty much 0 monsters. I probably should join the teeming masses of devour decks so I better understand them but they annoy me so much I avoid them out of spite. Shutting down their nekker shenanigans makes me happy though.

Not that guy but I'm anally mad about losing a game at 3860 mmr, so close to quit ranking because:

>29 str Vran last played from hand
>Play Gravekeeper to revive opponent's KoB into a Nekker Warrior which is immediately devoured by the Vran
>Pass
>KoB is kept instead of Vran

Cards pulled from specials or caretaker used to stay in the previous patch. Now it's only the cards you play from your hand.

Yeah, caretaker fucks up the monster passive for some reason.