This kills the burger

>this kills the burger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FUKuD3APAtk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
bast.de/DE/Publikationen/Medien/Dokumente/Unfallkarten-national-deutsch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation_safety_in_the_United_States#United_States_compared_to_other_nations
youtube.com/watch?v=4Dhyc2z9it8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's just bad reasoning

I am sure Germony has more than three times fewer minorities.

Holy fucking wew lad

Probably because in the USA you can only drive glorified gokards without normal gearbox and you get your driving licence by finding it in a bag of crisps.

I cant tell if this is a joke or not.

They studied Montana before and after speed limits and there were fewer crashes/deaths as well.

Ahmet get back to cutting the doner meat

I bet the average speed on most North American highways is higher because nobody can even afford fast cars in Germony.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUKuD3APAtk

Look at all the slow shitboxes getting passed by the freedom brick.

Burger bashing aside, I believe there is something to be said for a lower barrier to entry into motoring. As I understand it, it is very unusual for young people and folks in the lower income brackets to obtain personal motor vehicles in Europe. I'm sure this has a measurable impact when compared to here, were basically everyone who isn't living in abject poverty has access to a motor vehicle.

>crisps
They're called chips, and those are called fries. Should have fought harder, bongs.

>Going 5 mph
>Still get killed

Amazing place you live in.

Even normies in normie cars casually drive 100 mph on the autobahn.

I thought they actually increased very slightly but they reinstated the limits some other reason. Can't remember where exactly I read that though

I always assumed that a bit less than half of the traffic would be doing around 80km/h in the curb lane to not have to overtake trucks and make merging easier for others as well as save gas and about as many cars would do the advisory 130km/h and would be overtaking the slower traffic fast enough as to not have to duck in and out of the curb lane very much. Then it's just one asshole in a group of cars that chooses to drive fast and put up with the implications. I don't think a highway would be very safe if all traffic was doing their top speed all the time particularly for merging traffic and especially trucks which can't even get up to those speeds.

Whoops meant to respond toNot

>this kills the german

Thread

That's why the autobahn is a controlled-access highway

I got a car at 17, was the only person in my 5000 person school who had one, I saved hard for it and took the reaming from my insjewrance, in USA it seems to be cheap insurance but expensive cars while opposite is true in much of Europe

Poor people can drive cars in the UK too, plenty of cars in the council estates, and in rural areas where people usually earn less, plus our driving test is easier than in Scandinavian countries

>expensive cars
maybe on the east coast, but not true at least in california

More like
This saves the burger

>I don't think a highway would be very safe if all traffic was doing their top speed all the time
Even modern (last 10 years) shit boxes do 200kmh without issues easily.

Most people drive between 120 and 160kmh.

But it depends on the amount of traffic.

If its an empty rural one people tend to drive faster.

Enjoy your Muslim attack today Hans?

Not near your 9/11 total yet though bubba

how does it change octane on the fly?

>America is < 60% white

Austria is majority Muslim in 20 years.

Germany not that far behind.

:)

>literally EVERY car only has one occupant
>most of the cars are landbarges that get 20MPG at BEST

Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if the Europeans are right in making tiny sub 2L econoboxes, if they are right in taxing motorists for power output, and if they are right for charging roughly 8 dollars for a gallon of gas. If the oil crisis is anything to go by, it only fucked us over, the rest of the world was fine.

Some european countries tax cars so the cost 3 times as much.

>its just that they are more strict
first aid course is part of the divers licence test
messing round on a bicycle gets demerits on to your car licence

>role playing countries

there are more than 7x more roads in the usa than germany
so per kilometer, american highways are safer

Around $4.90 before VAT and $5.70 after VAT for E10 actually.

but you get to feel like a manly man in a 3 ton V8 lifted truck, m8

>Road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants
United States 10.6
Germany 4.3

>Road fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles
United States 12.9
Germany 6.8

>Road fatalities per 1 billion vehicle-km
United States 7.1
Germany 4.9

>Road fatalities per 1,000 road km
United States 5.1
Germany 5.5

either you or the op is lying

i don't care which

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Not sure why Americans love dying in cars so much.

Neither. The first three stats can be found on Wikipedia, I've quickly calculated the fourth my size using each country's road network size and annual number of traffic deaths. The point is that everything depends on how you measure it.

However Germany's roads are much safer in most measures (since death rate per road km doesn't say much at all, I consider the death rate per km travelled the most important), and what's more, the Autobahn is actually by far Germany's safest road network, being safer than the national average still.

>>Road fatalities per 1,000 road km
>United States 5.1
>Germany 5.5

i'm still right

>my size
Myself of course.

Yes, but your measurement carries no meaning. I can pave millions of miles of road in the Sahara and they'll be really safe in that regard because no one ever drives on them. What's important is how many people die when they actually drive, so you need to measure deaths per unit travelled.

>either you or the op is lying
both can be right since OP only talks about the Autobahn
while
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
includes all roads

only about 10% of all deaths occur on the Autobahn, see pic related (Getötete=deaths)

no measurements carry meaning when you're comparing apples to oranges
highway infrasturcture in a huge country like usa is incomparable to that of a tiny one like germany

Sure, but not driving like complete dickfaces anymore would already help. American drivers are widely known for being equally unskilled and careless.

less people drive in germany than in the usa so per capita statistics are also meaningless

Yeah, but when they drive they're safer. Which is exactly what deaths per billion vehicle km mean. Deaths per capita or deaths per vehicle are warped by popularity of motor transport.

Fake News.
America can't not be #1.

But that's because european cars are safer. Proper design instead of 'throw a couple of leaf springs on a beam axle' does wonders. And they're generally smaller, so there's less inertia to carry through a collision.
And then there's the drivers. Americans are shitty drivers, who drive while drunk/distracted/texting/stupid, refuse to wear seatbelts on principle, and drive ancient rustheaps because they're proud of not being able to afford a new car with safety features.
And there's the trigger-happy police as well. In a high-speed pursuit, the police will try to shoot out tires. 'Try' is the key part; they'll spray fire everywhere and probably kill half a dozen people (White people; anyone non-white doesn't count as 'people' to american police) in the process.
And, finally, you're able to do whatever the fuck you want to your car in america, including letting it rust until the rust is the only thing holding it together. In Europe, your car is expected to meet reliability standards before being allowed on the road. In America? No such thing. That'd be UNFREE.
Oh, and when they DO hit anything, the fat burns and/or jams them inside the car. Europeans, being thinner, are able to be extracted from the vehicle. Americans will most likely burn to death before that in a candle of their own body fat.

It's a wonder any americans survive to adulthood.

that's still a meaningless statistic because of the countries' size differences. more expressway = more death
of course driving through a larger country is going to kill more people because people generally aren't dying in low speed crashes

deaths per billion vehicle km on the Autobahn were 1.6 in 2014
bast.de/DE/Publikationen/Medien/Dokumente/Unfallkarten-national-deutsch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=7

now we need a similar statistic for the US

Actually they are. Intersections are probably the most dangerous bits of road in all of America. Especially at night they turn into a gamble because of the awful road discipline of Americans and the fact that more and more of them drive huge barges for absolutely no fucking reason.

And yes, the truck driver was at fault in this event.

it's because in vast countries intersections at roads with 80-100km speed limits aren't uncommon
how many of those do they have in germany?

the .6 were people that survived but were dead inside.

Do you think that roads in Germany don't intersect?

>citing accurate stats is bad reasoning

*merrilard comprehension*

death rates on US motorways are about twice as high as on the Autobahn

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation_safety_in_the_United_States#United_States_compared_to_other_nations

>driving @ 20 mph on a desert road
>almost die

that's obviously not what i said at all

>Germcucks don't have the freedom to die going 65

denmark also has probably the fewest amount of cars and drivers in western europe

What part of "per 1 billion vehicle km driven" don't you understand?

The trucks usually drive 100 kmh as well, they don't give a fuck.

what part of fewer cars and drivers on the road makes for safer roads do you not understand?

Who even buys E10

Clearly it doesn't if American roads are emptier and still deadlier.

>tfw you see someone actually DEFEND American speed laws and attitudes toward speeding
Seriously, I don't get blanket speed limits in general. Why should I be limited to 65 in stretches like pic related?

Because changing speed limits would require actual attention, and people wouldn't be able to set their speed limiters for hours at a time. You have to understand that all road planning in the US revolves around disarming the inherent laziness and carelessness of drivers.

>tfw speed laws will never just be "Drive to conditions"
The dream was almost realized in Montana. Didn't accident rates jump after blanket limits were implemented?

I just can't stand being arbitrarily limited to 65 in situations where I can manage 90+ with almost no difference except for travel time and actually being engaged in the driving without traveling at such a lethargic pace. Perhaps it could be a factor in the endemic laziness of American drivers

German here, in my opinion a more difficult driving test, strict vehicle inspections and forcing vehicles to be safer in high-speed crashes (ban bullbars, make underride guards mandatory, and so on) would be a prerequisite for getting rid of speed limits.
Current shitboxes can be safe at 200km/h, but even on this board, I regularly see people boasting about their shitbox barely having brakes and bald tires.
I can already hear the REEEEEEEing when user can't do that anymore, or install rubbing oversized wheels, etc.
But then again, user is kind of right. In a country with a lower population density, public transport is less efficient and harder to implement, so you have to make cars accessible.

Slav euro here, visited US couple of years ago, drove from Toronto to NYC in rented V6 Charger.

Traffic moves fast on average but in Europe about 1/3 of the cars on highways will move much faster than US average. You'll constantly encounter tiny shitboxes and vans hitting 95-100mph while I've never seen anyone in US going that fast.

Took Charger couple of times close to 200kmh just to see how fast it goes and didn't end tasered or in prison. Had fat stack of money prepared to buy out my freedom but I didn't need it.

Charger is nice, big piece of shitty plastics but I really loved it, it's also fast compared to what I usually drive in Europe.

Not a racist or anything but I did got credit card skimmed at gas station (only place I used that card) by big powerful black man and later someone tried to buy laptop with it in Egypt. I was not even mad, nice try.

I thought they were all limited to 80 in Europe?

They are supposed to be.

I live in NYC. Highway speed limits only exist when police are around.

There aren't many spots for police to sit. Your eyes are usually enough, but radar detectors work great for everything outside the city.

I hit 115 on my bike everyday on my commute. Same thing for my cars (depending on which one and their driving characteristics.

For off highway stuff, it is wise to follow the speed limit. Not because of the police, but just so you don't get your life ruined by someone looking to win the insurance lottery.

some speed cameras can not tell how long a vehicle is
so they see the trucks as cars

You also have to pay a shitload of money to have a car in Germany. Lots of money in the learning process, the test is expensive, vehicle taxes and upkeep are expensive, TUEV is a bitch, and gas is also (imagine this) fucking expensive

I'm saying this with no sarcasm whatsoever, I would rather have a higher chance of death on the road and have a cheaper automobile experience than have a lower chance of death on the road and have a more expensive automobile experience.

guess what, there's a lot of niggers in the US.

You're in for a lost bet then. We are used to being allowed to drive as we like on limitless sections. However the average speed on those sections for non-trucks is about 80mph / 130km/h, maybe a little higher. 80mph is the advisory speed limit on the autobahn if there is no limit. You are allowed to go faster and a lot of people will, even the oldest shitboxes, but 80mph is a nice speed in terms of comfort and fuel consumption for most cars.
People like my former flatmate will however always go over 120mph with his company's car

Non urban roads in germany are 100kmh. If there are intersections the speed is lowered to 70kmh ~100m before the intersection and increased after it.

no safety bariers

I always thought the majority were 80km/h and I heard they've been lowering them after an increase in accidents over the past couple years or something like that. I think they literally have signs essentially saying "don't hit the trees". I should've saved the picture

I get your point. I mean, i like amerifat cars too but i get it.

you make it more expensive to be an ass or to fuck something up and less people will fuck it up.

The reason for cheap cars in eur and jap its because of the old car tax.

Non urban roads are 100, urban roads are 50.

Thats the default when there is no other speed limit.

Depending on the circumstances they change the speed limit. (30 near schools, 130 on new 2 lane federal roads, lower before sharp corners etc)

>lower before sharp corners etc
If it's a road managed by a local entity (district roads, municipal roads, some state roads) that depends on local politics.
I live in a region that has some motorsport activity and there are lots of roads near me that are barely wide enough for one car or have hairpins but have no posted speed limit. You will wrap yourself around a tree in any car if go 100km/h.

>comparing apples to oranges

he's literally comparing the exact same measures between the two countries, wtf are you even talking about

Someone should make a reality show where average American drivers are made to drive in the UK or Italy.

Seeing retards that can't drive straight in empty 12 foot lanes having to drive in congested 8 foot lanes with plenty of obstacles would be hilarious.

One highway in a country with a much smaller
population has a lower death rate then another, larger, country's entire highway system. wow what a surprise

And this kills the Kraut

youtube.com/watch?v=4Dhyc2z9it8

driver license standards in the USA are abysmal

Its not one highway. The autobahn is the entire network. Yes its smaller than the usa highway system (1/6 the size) and yes germany has less population (1/4 of usa) but its also in only 1/27 the area of the usa and thus everything is much denser.

Where is this idea that the autobahn is just some piece of road coming from? I sadly encountered it many times.

>one Highway
American education ladies and gentlemen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn

Time to read up Tyrone

>Going fast
I hit 260KM/h on a 800 meter straight on my way to work.
In a damn SAAB.
240KM/h on fucking autobahn is nothing.

sounds somewhat like speed limits in straya,
50km/h in any urban area without a sign, (some places in urban areas go up to 80km/h though and down to 40km/h in school zones/CBD, then 80km/h in industrial areas, 100km/h on highways, dirt roads, any road really and 110kmh on freeways.

Don't have speed limits for corners though, we just have a recommended safe speed sign before corners and you are free to go faster if you think you can but just say you crashed and were going over the recommended speed your insurance would not cover you.

>This kills Americans
>Autobahn has 3x less deaths than US Highways

well apparently not idiot

lol look at how the submissive eurocucks instinctively move aside for their American masters

Well it still has a higher octane rating than most of the burgers fuel and is cheaper than most other fuel.
I only buy 102 octane though, so I'm not one to talk.