How the fuck did Olga of Kiev become a Saint?

How the fuck did Olga of Kiev become a Saint?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daumantas_of_Pskov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonization_of_the_Romanovs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

converted a lot of people, led to the conversion of Russia.

Killed a lot of Drevlian nobles and their Prince, Mal.

Then why aren't Francis I of France, Manuel I of Portugal, Isabella I of Spain and Ferdinand II of Spain venerated as saints for converting the new world?

because olga a cute :3

don't know about the rest, but:
>In 1970, the Commission determined that "A Canonical process for the canonization of Isabella the Catholic could be undertaken with a sense of security since there was not found one single act, public or private, of Queen Isabella that was not inspired by Christian and evangelical criteria; moreover there was a 'reputation of sanctity' uninterrupted for five centuries and as the investigation was progressing, it was more accentuated."

>In 1972, the Process of Valladolid was officially submitted to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in the Vatican. This process was approved and Isabel was given the title "Servant of God" in March 1974

Is it normal for a canonization process to take so long?

40 years seems like a slow pace when JPII and Mother Teresa was canonized so quickly

It's normal to take time with canonization so it's a well developed process that takes all voices and opinions and doesn't just move with the current trends. There's a fear that not distancing from the current hype might cause a hasty mass production of saints.
Mother Teresa canonization goes against the grain but Church really needed to score big since they've been hit heavily with pedophile scandals at that period.

That's just something Orthodox people do.
They even canonized the tsar family just for getting killed by Jews and Ukrainians.

Fun fact.
They also canonised a roman catholic(Alexei Trupp) with them.
But just so the other side doesn't feel too smug, the Catholic Church canonised St. Mary of Paris, a WW2 russian orthodox nun.

>That's just something Orthodox people do.

Well shit.

Same with Vladimir and some of the Roman Emporers who abused Pagans.

Converting people even with coercion is alright as long as the state does it and not the church itself. They get the members and none of the responsibility

Its just two Ukrainian Church's rather than Catholicism as a whole

Because orthopoors canonize just about anyone.

She's pretty cute in that illustration.

Until she puts you into the bathhouse and sets it on fire heh.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daumantas_of_Pskov

Orthodox people love making military leaders as saints.

>shit the serfs are revolting again, better remind them how God gave me this throne by making granny a saint
>oh and kill a few hundred of them for good measure

Romanovs aren't saints though.

Wtf I hate religion now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonization_of_the_Romanovs

I can't find the source on the St. Mary thing. Source?

Being saint literally just means being sure you are in heaven.

How the fuck did Ambrose of Milan become a Saint?

>incited Christians to the slaughter the Jews and to deserate their synagogues, convinced the Emperor to ignore their pleas for justice and order
>urged the Emperor to destroy pagan temple complexes and sacred groves and to strip pagans of civil rights; told the Emperor to ignore it when a court scribe - Libanius - begged the Emperor to intercede and stop the massive destruction taking place all over the Empire