/TeslaGeneral/ - no gas cucks edition

Model 3 release party tonight! It's at 8:54pm est:
heavy.com/news/2017/07/tesla-model-3-event-live-stream-how-to-watch-launch-unveiling-online-handoff/

Who else here has the Model 3 preordered? What colors and specs are you getting? I'm going straight matte black and stock

Other urls found in this thread:

pscp.tv/w/1YqxomPOZOjGv
youtube.com/watch?v=TFnHDJddqZk
livestream.tesla.com/
tesla.com/supercharger
youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk
youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0
electrek.co/2017/07/29/tesla-model-3-production-specs-revealed/
jalopnik.com/the-2016-volvo-xc90-monstered-americas-newest-crash-tes-1731483888
youtube.com/watch?v=shydexEjZ4I
archive.is/0lPiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Who else here has the Model 3 preordered?
Just you OP, just you.

Damn

I have one reserved day one.

a little birdie says 5.1 0-60 for the performance version.....

>die says 5.1 0-60 for the performance vers

Performance version isn't going to be in the 5s, are you kidding me? Base Model S is 4.4s

Tesla, please make something like the Workhorse so I can haul my shit without spending a dime on gas. Thanks.

I'm going to cap your post and laugh over it in a few hours.

$9k upgrade for performance (bigger battery) btw. Enough spoilers from me, let's see what the common folk on Veeky Forums think will happen, eh?

You are the dumbest cuck piece of shit in existence.

>gas cucks
>projecting this hard

Electric cars are the true cuckery. Pay 100 grand for a car and you can't even cross country road trip it. Hell, you can't even cross state it.

Holy shit OP, how fucking stupid are you? Cuck! Absolute fucking cuck!

pscp.tv/w/1YqxomPOZOjGv

30 3s for test driving by press

oh btw pic related were teslacucks defending that shit on twitter

how is it so sunny if it's almost 8 pm?

that's cali for you. Sun sets at 8:00

wew lad so the sunny state thing isn't a meme after all
you mean it "starts setting" at 8:00 right? I mean here it's much darker when the sun sets

i really hope tesla doesn't make a pickup.

>buying a literal meme car

too late. it'll come soon after the model Y.

shieeeeet

lol what's a supercharger

autistic fuck.

this

on the tesla homepage.

Do i have to reserve a model 3 to watch? the fuck

>having to stop for 75 mins each 300km (driving conservatively)
top kek

no. it starts in 30 min, then the stream will appear

Now it's not the time to stream, brother. That comes later.

Five minutes friends. Then another year until delivery.

Supercharging is 15 minutes

Between the stops and Autopilot, it makes driving a hell of a lot more enjoyable, honestly.

I get it, CHANGE! BAD!

It's just something that you have to experience it to get it. Go take a test drive of a Model S.

Stream just started
Get in here Teslabois
youtube.com/watch?v=TFnHDJddqZk

It's 75 mins for 100% charge
I can stop in my gas car if I want to, and autopilot is for numales who don't enjoy driving. I bet you drive an automatic too.

You realize the 3 is for the poor people right? Model S and X fags will throw a fit if it outperforms their cars in anyway except maybe range.

Something that destroys your batteries

Holy shit that commercial was cringe

this is so cheesy

just give us Elon

better stream

livestream.tesla.com/
livestream.tesla.com/
livestream.tesla.com/

so is that crowd all tesla staff?

staff, investors, pre-orderers, and press. Mostly press and staff

I'm taking bets on how long it will take for them to actually roll out the Model 3.

My vote is 30 minutes, or 12:30 am eastern.

fucking announce the dual motor version already you shit

>DUDE ELONS LATE FUCKING STALL QUICK

not just that, you can't milk the 300km range if you want to top the battery with 15 minutes of charge
as I said, full charge takes 75 minutes
tesla.com/supercharger

Wow, this livestream is..... pretty awkward.

> Who else here has the Model 3 preordered?

I'm considering it, but because I live in a RHD country, earliest delivery isn't until mid-next year anyway.

it's black

you have to enter a name and email address before the stream starts :/

>stuttering this much
lmfao not even himself believes his shit

Also the long ass line ups

holy fuck is he always so awkward in front of the crowd?

I mean I can relate but he's a fucking rich public figure and he seems insecure as fuck and like about to cry.

He's an autistic tech nerd

he always stutters and is a mediocre public speaker

thanks buddy

Its all part of the marketing.

did they fix the fucking dash yet?

Yeah I don't think so.

>gigafactory producing more batteries than the rest of the world combined
this whole reveal is awesome. cant wait for TSLA to skyrocket on monday.

No, he's proud of it and claimed the crowd was part of developing that tablet too lel

Who the fuck do you think the demographic is?

don't count on that, investors are getting cautious about pure hype
once they scale production up and there aren't any horrible issues you'll get proper investment

also
>long range version
>44k
>315 mile range
>5.1 second 0-60
that's...alright i guess. slower than i thought it would be

Did they just play a song that is a Carpenter Brut's "Le Perv" ripoff?

Have you seen how he looked and acted years ago?
My tinfoil hat is only big enough to believe that they rather kept his problems instead of fixing it but I doubt anything above that (that he is acting this handicapped).

>i-i-if
lel they surely know their target demographic
youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

sorry meant to say turbo killer not le perv

people are apprehensive about Q2 earnings coming up. that and the huge dip it just had from 380-303 is the main thing holding it back right now. this reveal is going to launch it early in the week then itll settle back down. what happens after earnings is anybodys guess. if around sept/oct they announce that theyre hitting production ramp up on schedule it'll fucking explode.

not that i care, im holding long and taking every dip to buy more, but i might unload a few monday morning depending on what happens and then pick em back up later in the week.

>tfw bought high
Down -13.24% for me in the last weeks. H-hold me.

dont worry, just hold long. this isnt a penny stock, this is the future of the automotive world. itll pay off plenty if youre patient.

moron.
moron number 2

this isn't bitcoin

>literally a meme
how can something be literal if it's a meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0
You're thinking of Protovision by Kavinsky

ive got bitcoins too, dating back from when i started mining them back in 2009. tsla is a much safer bet if youre buying in now.

get that carbon spewer outta here

>Long range version is NOT a software upgrade. Physical battery difference
>9000 bucks for 90 extra miles of charge
>500,000 pre-orders currently

it's sunny at 8pm in New York too.. you must just live on the western side of your time zone.

Here is the info.
electrek.co/2017/07/29/tesla-model-3-production-specs-revealed/

WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A FUCKING DIESEL/TESLA HYBRID ALREADY

FUCK

because
>muh lung diseases
>muh global warming

>that jab at volvo
You can tell they're afraid of the Swedes and their promise to make only electrics by 2020

Tesla cars get more and more uglier.

probably more like the whole volvo is safe thing is a household concept.

that said volvo making some sexy ass EVs would be cool

this is amazing. 5 years ago people were denying the economic and technological feasibility of a full-scale electric car rollout. things like vehicle and production cost, battery life/range, charging infrastructure, etc. huge barriers that people were certain would stand in the way. all gone.

take note of the things people are complaining about now compared to what they were complaining about then. now imagine 5 more years of breakthroughs in production and technology. this is the future.

i pity those poor swede engineers trying to make an EV using chinese components.

>every review so far says that the screen is great and you get used to it very quickly
>every comment section on every review already has people saying the lack of a HUD is horrible and a bad idea

like clockwork.

Those will look fabulous on new years eve though

>the whole volvo is safe thing is a household concept
lmfao
jalopnik.com/the-2016-volvo-xc90-monstered-americas-newest-crash-tes-1731483888

Volvo is safe because they're not designed just to pass crash tests, they're designed to be safe in crashes. Their lab, the Volvo Safety Center, is worth $81k. I doubt that Tesla is really safer than the S60 in a real crash.
Look at this bullshit:
youtube.com/watch?v=shydexEjZ4I
They give the Audi a higher rating despite it being obvious that the occupants sustain higher G's. But hey, the meme children latches are harder to use.

A chinese EV holds the Nürburgring record
of course, people aren't fooled that easy

>linking to jalopnik

>take note of the things people are complaining about now compared to what they were complaining about then
the complaints are basically the same though, not enough range and charge times too long and not enough charging infrastructure. Those will become less of an issue over time but they're still legitimate

>Who else here has the Model 3 preordered?
Right here.

I hope the glaze/tint on the rear glass is good. I don't want people baking under Southern summer sun.

>Their lab, the Volvo Safety Center, is worth $81k.
i dont understand what you meant by this. is that supposed to be an impressive amount of money? their cars cost more than that..

it's technically a sunroof and you can tint those as dark as you want, so they'll probably do like 90% at the top and fade down

i'm still mad it's not a liftback like the S though. what the fuck is with that tiny trunk opening

meanwhile the mass market pleb Chink EVs are utter shit.

I thought The Hulkster put Gawker Media out of business?

my bad
archive.is/0lPiY
I meant $81M, sorry
my post is a wreck

you can have a van with no windows other than windshield and front doors. Yet they get anal about passenger car tint.

Need I remind you that the Swedes make a good product or go bankrupt? There's no "making it good enough for the parent company". It was SAAB's demise and almost Volvo's. That's how they ended up being bought by Geely.

SAAB's problem was they were always trying too hard to make the perfect product. Everything was too damn expensive. they didn't sell the cars for enough.

Same thing happens with Volvo