Dawn of war general /dow/ /dowg/

20 posts in ded edition.

PREVIOUS THREAD
Relic forums
community.dawnofwar.com/categories/dow3

Camera mod, which gives you free camera control, zoom in, spin around ect
github.com/HajBakri/DoWIII-Camera-Mod

Elite level grinding map(better than campaign/online)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=921234512

Instructions-
*make custom online lobby
*set fixed spawns
*set enemy ai to 3 orks, not on casual difficulty.

ded game, ded thred, ded patch day today.

this webm triggers me

howso user?

There's a patch today?

top of dow 3 steam news page frendo
concede button
bugfixing
performance

so in otherwords absolutely nothing, but they've claimed to be 'patching' throughout the week.

Instantly destroying an entire army with 1 ability. No elite should be able to do that IMO except the 10 points like solaria. Also seems a little excessive when you compare to Jonah, who is also 3 points with a similar CC+Nuke combo but: his nuke doesn't 100-0 squads, requires him to catch them in his big circle which has a long cast time and can be jumped out of, and he doesn't have stealth and is really slow so he has to run up to your army really slowly to try and do it.

I think Jonah and runahn are good examples of what balanced elites should be like. But shit like the commando mine, macha blasts, and other shit like that that just completely obliterates units off the map seems dumb to me especially in low cost elites.

So they aren't addressing any balancing issues just give us features that don't fucking matter

normal damage explosion user, the fool went heavy nobs instead of a deff dredd and suffered for it alot.,+the bomblaying breaks stealth and has an interuptable timer, which the other guy missed completely.

every faction has 1,2 early game units that can do that,

I do think the power level is a bit intense though.

Eldar have macha"whos spear throw explode does the same thing except ranged and faster
+jain zarr.

Sm have jonah who with his ability combo, not only does a nuke but also traps them.
kKsecs(of orks at least, as melee boys clump)

and orks are out of control, they have that guy and zappnogin(and zapnoggin is op as fuck).

It sort of balances out how overtuned the early game heros are.It really does feel like if they snuck dow'2s last stand heros into the base game.

They said balance patch was coming later this month.

can anyone tell me how much supply scouts, asm, and devs take? i can't find anywhere online and not home so I can't check in game

>balance patch

Why is /dowg/ so fucking dead? The 40k/dow threads before dow3 were absolutely blasting everyones sides.

Man this game is so good holy fuck. I hope they nerf Eldar webway doctrine though, 10s cooldown is way too dumb.

I hope they buff tacticals and move power swords to t2, because right now, you either play ASM & scouts or perform autofellatio.

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP YOU SNOT LOVIN GROTS

IM GONNA TELL YOU ALL EXACTLY HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME AND HAVE FUN WITH IT SINCE ALL OF YOU ARE TOO ZOGGIN STUPID TO LEARN

SLAM A LISTENING POST ON THE POINTS COVERED BY YOUR STARTING BASE AND BUILD THAT SHIT UP. the payout will be enormous throughout the game and give you a steady supply of troops to manage your first phase. ALWAYS FIGHT FOR MID, BUT NEVER BUILD ON IT, OR YOUR JUST WASTIN REQ. keep the enemy off it, that is the main key. Build a LP and an Elite point generator to boost you with the elite advantage, and hold that shit as long as you can. If the enemy floods it with their forces, TAKE THE OTHER TWO LANES INSTEAD and continue to harass them until you get artillery. Remember soldiers win battles, artillery wins wars.

RESOURCE GENERATION IS YOUR TOP PRIORITY, ITS WHAT ALLOWS YOU TO TAKE THE GAME BACK IF YOU LOSE GROUND.

make sure you always preserve three harassment squads on the field with one hero unit to slam out the enemies. If you hold mid, you can win the game with relative ease.

NEVER BLOB YOUR FORCES. IF YOU CLUSTER YOUR UNITS PREPARE TO LOSE THAT SHIT LIKE A FOOL AND HIS TEEF. GET YOUR CTRL + # SQUADS AND KEEP THEM IN MULTIPLE PLACES. ATTACK MOVE ON ANY VISIBLE ATTACKING FORCES AND USE THE DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE.

ELITE UNITS ARE VERY VERSATILE. USE THEM WISELY AND RETREAT TO A FORWARD BASE TO HEAL THEM IF THEY DROP BELOW HALF HEALTH

USE THE STEALTH GRASS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. SCOUT AND HARASS ENEMY POSITIONS AT ALL TIMES. KEEP YOUR BUILDER UNITS AT FORWARD BASES TO SEE CLOAKED UNITS, THEY CAN DETECT THAT SHIT

NEVER PLAY A GAME WITH PRESET MASSIVE RESOURCES, ITS JUST A FUCKING SPAMFEST THAT TURNS INTO A SNOWBALLING STEAMROLLER. START SMALL!

3V3 IS A FUCKING MESS TOO. 2V2 IS BEST, HELP YOUR ALLY WITH SUPPORTING TACTICS FOR THE UNITS HE CHOOSES

1V1 IS THE PIT. PREPARE TO BE JUDGED, ALL WHO ENTER HERE.

I can make guides for individual races if you need. stop autism shitting.

Yes , you say right things. I agree with this man.

to all the people on commando rage

remember he is countered with a single builder unit nearby. that simple.

Yeah still he can kill 90% squad numbers you send on killing him if he gets close enough.

not if you see him, and kill him. play the game user, he has to be stealth to use his kaboom. builder unit sees through stealth. so do rangers and some hero units.

i swear 90 percent of this playerbase/fanbase is actually mentally challenged and there should be a special needs corner for them in matchmaking that is casual vs A.I. only

Really ? I am not bad player I play quite alot. But I have not seen him much and I have never used him. And I know about builders it's basic knowladge if you really want to play MP and not suck as hell. Many times I just keep scouts or rangers near enemy army and blast them with something and they wonder what's happening.

PLS

POST ORK STRATS.

>SLAM A LISTENING POST ON THE POINTS COVERED BY YOUR STARTING BASE AND BUILD THAT SHIT UP. the payout will be enormous throughout the game and give you a steady supply of troops to manage your first phase.
that's not how the economy works

if you spend all your resources on building resource nodes and listening posts, you will have LESS to spend on troops and a smaller army in phase 1... that's the entire point of an eco boom. you are sacrificing your early game army strength by spending all your resources into your economy, to have a stronger position in LATER phases, NOT 1st phase.

if you are spending all your resources on listening posts, elite point generator, power generators, and requisition generators, you will not have nearly enough to troops to defend any of those regardless of your listening posts. that is called being eco greedy and unless you're playing against somebody really bad, they will realize what you're doing and rape you.

also building listening posts on your naturals that you can easily respond to and defend is just a waste of money.

ORK STRATS INCOMING (scuse me while i phonepost them like a git)

>spending all your resources

its not ALL your resources user, more like the cost of one squad. you will still have enough for 1-2 harassment squads with it, and preserve them whilst building up said protected point.

perhaps i should specify, elite point generation should only come in the second phase. watch your enemy foolishly build one in the first phase and then tear it down. THEN YOU CAN LAUGH AT THE STOOPID BEAKIE.

also, LP are only 200 req, half the cost of a squad. bitching about that is just noobie shitposting because you can generate that in 20 seconds.

So how is this game /dowg/?
I need a review based on core gameplay and the actual merit of the game rather than just what DoW was.

>just noobie shitposting because you can generate that in 20 seconds.
>i can make up random numbers therefore i know what im talking about
it takes almost a minute to generate 200 req, and a req node only adds +60 per minute. that's A LOT of time in-game. if you are building LP on all your points, your 1-2 shitty unupgraded "harrasment squads" of boyz that are all you can afford on your food stamps will get fucking raped by fat space marine dick once you drag your MMR out of the gutter and play against somebody actually competent. and good luck harassing the enemy when they are destroying all your shitty listening posts and taking all your nodes with 4 squads of assholes because your humongous 1 squad army is on the other side of the map "harassing".

it's dead bros... rip...

this is bait

still typing up my ork taktiks, you can take it or leave it as the fat angry basement dwelling shitposter you are

bump

Is the game actually dying? Thinking of buying the game.

WHEN THE FUCK DO WE GET FLASH GITZ

WHEN THE FUCK DO WE GET CHAOS

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE SPACE MARINES I HATE PLAYING AS THEM HATE HATE HATE BUT I WANT TO

It's at least a dozen times more alive than the previous two, and if the devs at least keep patching in QoL improvements like the surrender feature it'll likely grow

well user it's better than I thought. My advice is to buy it on steam after watching a replay of somone skilled play the race you are interested in, then play for 2h, then device.

naa only dead discussion user

never ever. massed deffgun lootas is the best you will get and you know it.

not him but build order
2 boys, gretchin
initial gretchin goes to cap your forward base but builds dakka hut while cappin.
, boys move up as well to cap other shit then aggress.
second gretchin backcaps

by this point you should have a shoota boy and if you havent spent power like a mongol should have enough for t1 waagh, make sure to place it at the forward base.

I play really aggressively. I do this, fight skirmishes, go as fast as I can for packs of boys then go for truks and tankbustas to push enemy shields if you win an engagement(+1 elite point and resources for destroying enemy objectives, so harass dem shields)

My doctrines atm are kommando with rokkit hjump, stormboys with truks shoot suicide bommas and beauty with gretchin+

army doctrines
tonsa bombs-shootas throw more nades passively

Betta shout- boys gain a shield while channeling shout(amazzzing, but you have to level meganobs to 8 to get the doctrine)

and non elite units heal from scrap(which helps a lot when I send deffdreads who can kill shit, scavenge tto regain a shield AND get heals.

I do not think power swords are OP right now and don't need any changing. Tacs yeah they need a buff. And Orks need something. Other than that the game is pretty good.

I feel like games get decided upon the first engagements too often. Sometimes I get fucked by a critical mass of Dire Avengers and I lost 3+ squads without killing a single one of theirs while sometimes I end up wiping 2 DA squads in a decent ambush and then win the game 15 mins in.

Having one or two tacs for flames does wonder against orks and sometimes eldar though.

Anybody knows whether the Banshees charges stack damages on top of each other without any penalty? I've had those dancing blobs wipe my devastators several times and it is pissing me off.

>builds dakka hut while cappin.
You can't build dakka hut without waaagh tower

so how do you deal with
>guardian / banshee with fleet of foot
in the early game?
>assault leap doctrine ASM early game with true damage upgrade
with eldar / sm?
>ork melee ball
early game?

my bad, the one with shoota boys

Flamers, flamers always good.

do you lot think that wraithguard might have a bit too much in the shield department? or maybe not since they fire so slow and are anti-vehicle exclusive

and they're so slow and so weak in melee

They're slow as fuck, can get tied up, don't deal with squads well. They're super good but they're not too strong imo.

It's not. For now I see quite stable number of players everyday. It's just this thread that's dead.
Go buy you git.

Yeah flamers. 2 squads with good used flamer ability can trash ~3 units of orc boyz. And if you add doctrine that flamer slows then oh boy.

what about eldar?

Do you think Tau will be added as a playable faction in the future?

They don't do anything special. If necron get added there's no reason for tau to exist
They're less narratively exciting than mysterious elder god zombie death robots and they do long range killing better than tau, and they do it with more personality. The only thing tau do that's unique is kroot with giant space dinosaurs that have insect native americans riding on the back with giant space guns attached. So actually on that note it potentially could be cool to have tau.

Aren't the Tau super popular though? Idk, their design appeal to me more than necrons.

Kroots are okay. The gorilla units from DoW1 are cool.

Yeah. Becouse they are close to weebshit. At the same time, I think it is the most boring and unfitting faction in the whole 40k universe. I am under impression that they were created as cash grab.

How do I play replays if they are from an older version of the game?

>Becouse they are close to weebshit

Ehh, I guess. Same could be said for Eldar though .

Haha it's even simplier. You make only 1 Dire avanger or none at all. You can make 2 builders and you rush Quick strike upgrade for banshees. Then with 2-3 units of banshees you destroy Orc.

not at all
eldar are designed from the bottom up to be tolkien space elves
which makes them fundamentally 100% western and 0% weeb

Tau are super. Don't listen to anyone kid. Belive in blue plasma alien.

Which race is best at rushing a very early shield generator (or two)?

until tacticals are buffed orks and eldar

wait you don't mean rushing mid-line resource points early do you, if you mean the... shield generator objective... everyone is pretty on par with each other no one is good at a super early rush

>shield generator objective
Yeah, I mean just rushing a shield generator asap to get the extra resources for an early advantage.

Nice

Still waiting for Chaos.

They released game with same boring roster and you still want to expand it with another basic boring race.

Pro tip, don't let your squads die. It's always cheaper to reinforce. Just because you don't have an "I'm shit save my ass" button like in DoW2 doesn't mean you can't disengage and run away.

eldar for webway cheese and striking scorpion true damage crits that 50% the gen in one hit

This, I'm still laughing at the hordes of /v/irgins who were complaining about how dow3 would have no incentive to preserve squads yet now you get fucked harder than ever if you lose them

So I beat the campaign last night. That last mission was frustrating yet strangely fun.

So in regards to the upcoming armies we have pic related confirmed, who else? We have in game units for Guardman and Bloodletters, also the giant daemon which could be a chaos elite unit.

What would he the Titan unit for guardsman? Baneblade again?

Necrons are definitely going to be interesting since their controversial codex update where some of them can think for themselves.

>It's at least a dozen times more alive than the previous two

Quick match takes forever. I can find DoW 2 games faster.

Game gonna continue it's precipitous decline unless they put this piece of shit on sale.

Baneblade for sure.

Where have Necrons been confirmed?

If you don't think ass marines are OP for a line unit you are an idiot.

Are you still playing the campaign?

If so... Continue it.

They aren't OP.

t. One of the best Eldar players right now.

>their controversial codex update where some of them can think for themselves.
wait what?

Tell me how to fucking beat the attack waves on mission 12 first nigger.

>t. One of the best Eldar absuers right now.
fixed

t. Lost to power swords in the finals of the EU ESL tourney and still not salty about ASM

Swap out Jonah for the Deathwatch kill team. Protect your ranged units, devestators in particular with melee units, Angelos and Diomedies. Make Diomedies always be in combat to give your melee units and dreadnoughts that temp shield. Get to your reinforcements quick. Try and save your cloak scouts till the end. They can help kill the orks controlling the bridges along with your snipers.

I failed it twice before swapping out Jonah because I couldn't utilize his powers to the fullest and went for a more offensive approach. I managed to finish with more or less than half my units after. Oh and give the Deathwatch team the flamer upgrade for crowd control.

Also do not fight everything on the field. Get your units and kill your way to extraction. You can actually avoid fighting that Wraithlord.

Nobody even plays this shit game you dumbass. Everyone who bothers to still play it is the best because there's no one else you pretentious faggot.

i hope that's on hard mode user

BUTT HURT SPOTTED. REQUESTING AN APOTHECARY.

It was on normal. I'm actually going to be playing the entire campaign on hard soon but the same principles apply.

Btw I didn't have any troop doctrines for this so make use of that too. I've seen this game be beaten on hard. Mostly it comes down to become adept at unit management. Don't just group all and attack move.

?
it was a meme
think you responded to the wrong person my dude, or maybe you are retarded

also why are you here if you don't play the game, don't like it, and talking about it makes you angry

I'm sure they're working on it. They have Bloodletters and daemons so they will eventually have chaos.

that will certainly make a difference then user, gotta use the right tools for the job afterall. also don't forget to save half way too.
wait till you do the last level on hardest difficulty, made me scream.

that and imperial guard, who we have 2 variants+ a base turret in the campaign.

Sadly it's again fucking bloodletters. BORING. Give us new chaos. Some cultists of all kinds stolen chaos tank not just Big Bad Marines.

>Not recommended
>215 hours played

These reviews are either jokes or /v/ autistically screeching.

Recommend quarantine and sterilization for these faggots. The Emperor wills it.

Holy cramp we survived through the night for once

That's what chaos mostly is though, Marines and daemons. Cultists devout to different chaos gods would be cool though. Nurglings and plaguebearers would be fun. Daemonettes to trigger all the femnazis. Elites based on what doctine of chaos you spec into like The Lord of Change for Tzeentch.

Bring back Obliterators and Chaos Terminators!

The guardsman in the first mission use the new Militarum Tempestus Scion models i.e. Stormtroopers.

Shit, are they going to have to rename the Imperial guard to Astra Militarum in game?

>balance issues
"Oh no I failed to counter an enemy tactic, it's not me it's the game"
the fuck is wrong with millenials

Yes, in the army picker/faction list at least. They can still call them Imperial Guard in dialogue and lore but any time they need to use the "official" faction name it has to be the Astra Militarum.

Are you baiting or for real ? SM are complete shit. Eldar just bleed them to death in early with free nades and shields. Marine lost 50% hp ? Pay 200 for replenishing a squad. Eldar lost 50%hp ? Well it's just shield gotta go back for a second.

>SM are "completely" shit
>SM have one unit that needs buffing
complete
[kuh m-pleet]
adjective
having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full:
a complete set of Mark Twain's writings.
finished; ended; concluded:
a complete orbit.

protip: use snipers and ASM!

Just don't play aggressively in the early-game as the turtly faction bub =)

I don't like ASM. Anyway theres TSM buff coming.

how do ork shoota boys stack up against dire avengers?

1v1 they die like bitches.

judge for yourself

>dawn of war 3
Gets me everytime, thanks for the laugh niggers

It's a culling of the pissbabies and faggots that can't into faster paced RTS games.

It's the most popular Warhammer 40k game being played on steam right now.

Eternal Crusade is being played more than DoW2 Retribution right now.

while you can always expect a drop right after launch day, dropping from 25k to 7k average players just less than two weeks after launch is still terrible for a multiplayer triple-A game

Not really, fairly standard. Plus, it's not 7k. Active players at peak is around 10k. Plus it's obviously going to drop down as we move out of the weekend.

A real disaster dip is stuff like no mans sky or battleborn. Please don't think this game is a spectacular failure for your own sake, you'll get a completely skewed idea of the games industry. Yes the review scores are bad. The game sold really well though and has a ton of active players.