Is anybody here into making money from advertisements on social media?

Is anybody here into making money from advertisements on social media?

How much do you think an account like this makes from one advertisement? Over 1k?

Interested.

I'd also like to know. Ive heard that some can just live off of the money. Can you really make that much?

Some guy talked about running several facebook pages with hundreds of thousands followers a while a go, and he said that he brought in 15-20k a month. Don't know if it's comparable though, Facebook is kind of going out of fashion right now.

So I'm personally trying to do this after finding out how much the company I work for pays literal teenagers for their shoutsouts....

We're a media company and we just bought a 1 mil account for $60k, and hired the teen that built it as a consultant paying him $80k a year to grow our account(s). He was earning about 8k a month doing shoutouts before this.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

bull shit you can buy 1mil account for 2-3k

If Facebook is going out of fashion, what is replacing it?

Instagram, snapchat mostly. The young generations 13-16 simply don't create facebook accounts.

I'm 100% not bullshitting you. I don't work with Instagram in our company, I just talk with the guys/women that do.

First off a 1 mil account does NOT go for 2-3K, absolutely no way. Even with all fake followers it would be at least 10K.

Secondly, you're not just paying for the followers. You also pay on the engagement. This account in question had a higher than usual engagement (18-20%) which raised the value.

All I am saying is, if you play your cards right and work up a few big accounts you can certainly live off of it.

What company do you work for? Sounds super weird to have a department for buying up instagram accounts.

I rather not give the specific company, but we're an online media outlet with 55 million uniques a month.

We target female millennials, and we're the largest site to do so.

(If you do some googling based off that, you'll find me)

Do you know how he got it up to that amount of followers? Bots?

What makes an account valuable for a company?
Is it nescessary that the account belongs to a real human being?

No idea, I think that's why he's been hired as a contractor to "consult (read as build)" accounts.

If I had to guess it's probably a mix of hand-curated content, bots, and good knowledge of utilizing shoutouts.

You can definitely make good money from shoutouts. I'm into e-commerce, and after working with a few influencer accounts, I've realized how fucking easy they make money compared to the amount of work I have to do running a store. One girl I work with has 300k followers and chargers $50 per shout out. She does at least three of these per day. All for reposting someone's picture on your feed.

I have 6 Instagram accounts now in different niches. One has 5k followers, one 4k, two around 2k, and another two I just started. I just started growing these at the beginning of this month. Once all of these hit 100k I'm gonna be making tons of easy money. These are all general accounts where I just post good content, so I'm not using my face or persona or anything. So I can even sell some of these accounts when they get bigger.

Let's keep this shit to ourselves, Veeky Forums. I don't think this a well known moneymaking tactic yet, so there's a lot of room to get into it right now before other people start doing it, selling courses about it, etc.

Is it necessary to program bots to grow you acc? Or did you just grow yours with hashtags?

What kind of niches arena there for instagram?

Are*

art, for example fashion or architecture accounts

photography, like take good pics of flowers or wildlife or whatever

humor/memes

lifestyle (you need to have a "good" lifestyle yourself eg. be 16 year old teenage girl with louis vuitton bags and starbucks and travel)
read: lifestyle doesnt have to be a good one just appeal to masses

and 1000s more

I find it very hard to believe a Veeky Forums poster works at Refinery29 or something even close.
What do you do for this group?

How much hours per day do you spend on 1 account

what has been your most successful method in growth hacking this account?

Not gonna lie, I'm using a bot. I paid $70 for FollowLiker and that's what I use. These accounts literally grow themselves while I do nothing. That's why I have so many. I just make sure to post good content everyday.

That's the cool thing about this. There's a potentially unlimited amount of niches. New trends and technology come out all the time. Just try to get into something that's not too saturated. Or if you pick a very saturated niche, try to narrow your page down to something more specific.

For example, I wouldn't just make a generic fitness page. There are a ton of those already. But if you wanted to do something like a fitness page targeted towards Latina women, for example, that would be more unique and stand out. The 300k page I mentioned earlier is owned by a black woman and displays black women's fashion, which makes it stand out from the dozens of other fashion accounts.

Most of the big players I talk to (1mil +) always say that botting isn't the way to go. Powerlikes + shoutouts is the key to getting huge growth.

Thanks.

The fuck is powerlikes

Facebook caters to people ages 18-50 while snapchat, twitter and Instagram cater to people aged 16-25. Facebook isn't going anywhere for a while.

I think it's getting a very large engagement group to boost a post of yours so that it shows up in the top posts under "explore"

where do you get your content from (photos, videos, gifs)? aren't there problems with copyright?

>18-50
More like 30-80 mate.
When more and more boomers flock to the site, youths will drop from it and it's slowly doing to die out. Giving it 3 years tops.

They say that because they have to say that. And they probably hate that there are tricks like this now, when they may not have had the same options when they first started. The truth of the matter is that using a bot takes the busywork out of this and speeds the process up way faster than any human could. Yes, you can grow an account without one, but it'll take a lot more work and time.

I'd advise against buying fake followers because they are fake and useless, but a bot that just systematically follows and likes people in order to get your account noticed is a great way to get real, targeted followers quickly. Just don't go overboard with the settings. Obviously if you set the bot to follow and like thousands of people per day you'll get banned, but thousands per week isn't suspicious at all. And an account doesn't need to have millions of followers to get money. I've done shout outs on pages with 50-75k followers if they had good engagement.

You can get content from a lot of places, even from other Instagram accounts. For example, if you're in the food niche, you can just look through other food related pages that already have really good content, and scroll back to a few months ago and save some of their pics that performed really well.

Using this food niche as an example, you could also take posts from well-known chefs or food bloggers. Beyond that, you can find a lot of good images from Tumblr and Pinterest. If you do this with a few different pages, taking all of the images you really like, you'll eventually have a feed that's unique to you. Just give credit.

A lot of the Instagram accounts I see don't even give credit, but I always try to with mine. Honestly, copyright is the least of your concerns. Worst case scenario, people will just see you using one of their images and ask you to take it down or give them credit. No one is going to sue over an Instagram post.

Remember, your account doesn't even need to have a face to it. It could literally just be a page called "Awesome Meals" and you just post food pics.

Why do you have to buy a bot? Is it really that hard to write one yourself? Have you earned the investment on the bot back?

Not sure how hard it would be to code as I'm not a programmer. But to me, a one time fee to grow my Instagram accounts indefinitely was worth it. I've made my investment back because I also earn a store.

For the average person who doesn't have a store or product to promote from the get go, it would take a few months of growth until your account has enough followers to start selling shout outs and get your money back. This is a long term strategy, not a get-rich-quick one. But once it gets going, it can be pretty passive and you don't have to worry about any kind of monthly fees or maintenance cost.

it's not that hard to write a bot, but instagram's (and others') APIs (access to their services) are restricted. IG grants your application (bot) access if it's compliant with their tos. and they don't want bots.
because of this you have to find a workaround (like hiding the bot-functions or using frameworks for browser automation).

of course someone could program that shit, but if this followlikerbot does what you want, i would purchase it instead of doing the work by my own.
it's your time. better jerk off or call your poop silly names or dance with ducks. FUCK I'M DRUNK AGAIN

The thing is, there are discussions happening now that the follow/unfollow repeatedly "hurts" your Instagram. Since this is clearly a bot that usually does it, people are talking about a change to Insta's algo.

it's possible to obfuscate the bot's strategie. e.g.: old -> follow-unfollow-pattern
new -> follow-likeshittyposts-waitaweek-unfollow (decrease in quantity, increase in stealth)

i guess instagram tolerates bots as long as they aren't that obvious. i created an account 3hrs ago, subscribed to a few hundred accounts, if a user follows me or likes my content i like his shit to and follow him. i got round about 45 subscribers. not much, but i didn't do anything. a bot could do what i did and the account's userbase would grow and grow.

the accounts that follow me must be bots too, because they also like my content (my posts are shit).

Define "hurts." I don't see what that's supposed to mean. Either your account is banned or it's not. It's not like SEO, where your rankings can get affected if Google catches you doing something shady. As long as your account is active, you will be able to post content and interact with followers.

As far as the bot goes, it's not like you're supposed to follow and unfollow people the same day. You can set it up to where you unfollow people after several days, or not at all. If you program it to behave the way a human naturally would, there's no reason for any raised suspicion.

They don't necessarily have to be bots. Usually if you follow someone and like a lot of their posts, they'll do the same to you out of courtesy. Even if your content isn't that great. That's how a lot of teenagers on Instagram grow their profiles. The same can be applied to business.

That's my point, they're ever evolving their algo to fight bots. It's better to just make it so that people who abuse the system do not profit off of it rather than outright ban them. You're more likely to start fresh and back at it 100% if you're banned, rather than figure out why the fuck your engagement sucks.

So what you're saying is that Instagram is developing a highly advanced algorithm to detect bots, but once they detect them, they won't ban them, they're just going to make those pages posts somehow stop being seen/liked by some of their followers, thus slightly lowering their page engagement.

That's highly convoluted and unlikely. And even if that were the case, the only penalty here is that the page starts getting less likes than usual. Any smart botter would then just start getting fake likes via one of the many, many easy methods, because as long as a page looks like it has a lot of followers and engagement, you can sell shout outs.

But whatever, we're getting off topic here. The main point is that yes, a large Instagram following can be very profitable. How you choose to grow your account is up to you.

It really isn't that complicated. Also, as we've seen with Facebook, it's something that could/can certainly happen.

It's just speculation among some of the larger groups for now.

What the hell are shoutouts?

BuzzFeed retard

Another sub business is selling tools for this shit

Unless they introduce machine learning AI boys, it will laways be a rate limiting algo that detects you.

Keep it to a variation of 50-150 likes spread in an hour about a variation of 30 second-3 minutes per like.

You get the deal. Some dumb scripts can outright follow/like 1000 in 2 minutes...

i guess a shoutout is when an influencer promotes an item or special offer. but i'm not sure. i don't need or use that social media junk because i enjoy sleeping in my panic room more than social interaction. some of those pussies post stuff like "wow, anal lotion for devastated butt holes only 9.95$ and if you take two you get a free punch int the face!". that's probably a shoutout.

btw does someone gets a notification when i unsubscribe/ unfollow him? (on instagram)

Problem is, you'd make more money being the guy that makes things to advertise on social media.

im monitoring this

So I checked out our contract.

We're hiring the kid to increase our followers by 225,000 and we're paying him $32,000.