/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris
- FAQ : pastebin.com/abGgZJnT (suggestions/feedback welcome, reply to OP with them)
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon.

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8QM271bqTU
bbc.com/news/world-australia-37481251
khaosodenglish.com/life/2016/05/25/1464165135/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I take it he got unbanned then

Who?

what is this kumo meme
how is it related to 4xg

Just ignore it and pretend it's not there, don't directly reply to him because he loves the attention. He comes into slow/low-pop generals and shits that spider out everywhere. Just forget him and hope he moves on. This isn't the only general he's done it to.

>being this much of a newfag

Anyone got screenshots of the Prethoryn or Unbidden slowly winning against the galaxy? I want to feel some dread

>Be the Qu.

>Be the second greatest genetic engineers in the galaxy.

>Mod yourself into a flying tapeworm.

I wish Biological Ascension let you change portraits as well as traits.

I also wish you could rename species.

What I'm saying is, I want to gene-mod my slave species into my main species and spread 'humanity' throughout the galaxy like a holy blessing.

Moron.

>just got The Coming Storm in my Emperium of Man run
IT'S TIME

hyperlanes

Is there any good spider portrait for Stellaris?

>good
>Stellaris
Pick one.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8QM271bqTU

DINNER TIME

Not an argument.

Have we started to warm up to CivVI yet or do we have to wait for an honest xpac to start liking it?

No, we still hate everything that's not at least five years old.

But I like it

Especially playing as John Curtin

btw I'm Burger

Australia's fucking overpowered, man.

Fuck off spidershit

For you.

bbc.com/news/world-australia-37481251

khaosodenglish.com/life/2016/05/25/1464165135/

It depends

IMO Brazil is much more of a threat on water maps due to their lolships that cost no coal

equip Maritime Industries, spam a bunch of Quadriremes while rushing Nationalism then pop in Professional Army and upgrade those suckers for instant mid-game rape (skipping the frigate stage makes the upgrade cheaper in total)

>again

A lot more passive than I expected

You literally did this to yourself

>again

Holy shit, every time.

Yikes!

That's awesome!

>5910 relation
The top I got was -400.

I'm playing with an AI personality mod. The bulk of that is from the Psychotic Hordes personality.

So what is that personality type, Fanatical Purifier but full retard?

>mod
All interest dropped.

Now that's my type of butterfly!

Spider faggot

It's probably Fanatical Purifier with some extra civic or trait requirement, yes.

Everything else about them is vanilla, though.

NOT OP, Theses are the mods that i've got installed.

What do you think?

Also, What's the quickest way to get AI to declare war on you while your in a defense pact?

He never was. Don't take your wish for reality.

Just turn fleet stance to Passive, you damned memeist.

These people posting their passive fleet hypermemes will never outdo this shit

>No outpost influence maintenance
>No clustered starts

>forget you set fleet stance to passive
>science ship stumbles into amoebas when surveying

>Mosquitoes
We don't know what you mean buddy, if you don't say it.

Bitch please.

And that's not even hyperlane.

Except it's evasive again m8, nothing is stopping your warp from going west then northwest then to your target, all in 3 jumps.

NEVER FORGET, nigger.

this one is just you being retarded

God DAMN it I love wormholes

It's just some underage autist, don't mind him.

>being this much of a newfag

Not an argument

>people don't play hyperlanes only
>people don't rush psi and grab psi jump drives to run rings around hyperspace plebs
>people don't create black ops psi jump fleets to ruin the enemy economy while distracting them with a conventional fleet

>spiderbro arrives
>all retards immediately get triggered
Good.

all of this can be done with wormhole

Try reading his post dipshit

What are the best civics in Stellaris?
Which ones should be avoided at all costs?

I like Efficient Bureaucracy and Cutthroat Politics
Warrior Culture a shit

Also wormhole can actually be pretty bad for this in the wrong situation.

Wormhole scales badly with bigger and bigger fleets, sure, small fleets will jump fast, but jump fleets can move freely and have a fixed jump time.

Rushing construction ships into enemy territory works pretty well against retarded AI, but against human players you will have a lot of trouble if they have even a slight fleet advantage because they'll be smart and simply wipe your wormhole stations

If you pick a pacifist xenophobe (spiritualist works well with this) you can combine agrarian idyll and inward perfection.

It's COMPLETELY fucking broken and makes tall empires insanely powerful because you can complete 4-5 Unity trees before a normal human player has 1-2 full at least.

>h-hyperlane only!!
I did.

I avoid shadow council, warrior culture, stratocracy and inwards perfection. The first 3 are just really shit since the things they grant can be easily gotten elsewhere. InPe is just tooooo powerful right now.

Try playing a REAL game instead of playing "EU4 For Retards".

So how do you propose using wormholes on a hyperlanes only game?

>all of this can be done with wormhole

Actually, by definition, no it can't.

Which room works best with a plantoid empire using plantoid cities?

Are you using any room mods?
If not then probably the Spiritualist or Xenophile one.

>inwards perfection
Why? +5 happiness and +30% unity sounds pretty sweet.

Do tall empires even have that many farms? You need like 2-4 farms for a single temple. Or do farms get more unity as they get upgraded?

>Why? +5 happiness and +30% unity sounds pretty sweet.
He's saying it's too OP for him to consider using it against the AI.

> You need like 2-4 farms for a single temple

The biggest effect is the early game boost.

Instead of having like, 1-2 unity a turn, you start off with 6 early on.

When playing with human players, by the time my friends have about 10 unity a turn I have upwards of 40-50 and usually am limiting my expansion just a little bit more than usual.

Putting the unity into Discovery, the first perk of Economics and the Exploration tree, you have much higher science output and reduced unity cost from additional pops.

>Why? +5 happiness and +30% unity sounds pretty sweet.

I don't choose it because I find it too good. It requires pacifist which is already like 20% unity. 50% unity gain is just far too much. There's another civic that's just 15% unity but it's kinda bad compared to inwards. IP is getting nerfed tomorrow though. Also

>tfw no stellaris while waiting for mods to update

Haha get fucked space niggers

Which room is the Xenophile room?

The one with the purple curtains.

Jesus fuck...

Fuck you Mohammed
You dare destroyed 2 of my mining drones

Isn't the real cost of Inwards Perfection that you HAVE to be both Xenophobic and Pacifist to get it?

Pschht, islamophobe...

Hardly a cost though really. Xenophobe's really good due to the border range and pacifist grants more unity. All you really lose is a little bit if diplomatic clout and the ability to cede planets. You can still liberate and vassalize people through war.

Update on the human 2way
Everyone got defense pacts up the ass and nothing happened, ever
Everyone except the alien third wheel to the north, for some stupid reason the UN declared war on them
Their fleet is 100% disruptors

This was a letdown already

Could be worse. He could be arachnophobe.

Should I adopt the Supremacy-tree just for the sake of connecting Naboo to the rest of my empire? I've allready researched the 20% Border Range. Or are there any other techs that give you more range?

Delete your fleet I suppose?

>collectivist pacifist
>implying you can keep people working with no incentive for self-advancement nor the threat of force

You're not fanatically pacifistic or xenophobic, so it's actually not that relevant.

Plus, using this strat, you don't want to cede planets anyway, generally liberation and establishing vassalisation/protectorate/pacts are good enough.

You are literally the most hated poster in this general, Kumo-kun.

not true with how much I hate myself

>late medieval primitives on a planet filled with spiders

How horrifying

>tfw want 1.6 to come out already

>implying you can keep people working with no incentive for self-advancement nor the threat of force

Pacifism in Stellaris doesn't mean the state doesn't have any kind of monopoly on force. Pacifist empires still have armies and navies.

It more refers to using violence to achieve goals, but it's quite easy to rationalise pacifism by calling those who resist the actual violent ones and any violence used in response is just rightful self defense.

Ethics in Stellaris are allowed to be hypocritical because we know from humans that hypocrisy is pretty important/central to most societies.

So you admit you're samefagging. Good to know.

They must be all badasses to survive. Conscript them in your armies.

Welcome to Middle Earth, motherfucker

>implying you can't

Pacifist doesn't mean you can't force them at gunpoint.
It just means you won't strike first.

Man, Insane is impossible.

Enemys can research high tier research while your still twirling your thumbs.

You have to use broken mechanics (like idyllic + inward) or cheat the AI.

>Paradox can't make better IA so they just make it cheat more
GEE
WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT

>idyllic + inward
??

Right now, I'm thinking the only way to survive is to whore yourself to every friendly AI to get protection and research.

But i like my salty civ.

> /PDXG/
Buy the DLC.