orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-great-condition/6179740942.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/bmw-like-new-with-sport-and/6208947486.html
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/bmw-low-miles/6233674722.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VdkC-R4XVjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im going to buy a z3 2.3 to stance and piss people off

more like that looks like trash edition

what the fuck is that supposed to be

Why is it a bad idea to buy a used BMW N54 (335i/535i) past 100k miles? What am I looking at for potential issues if I find a good condition 120k+ mile car. I do understand condition is the most important and that everything follows that, but I also understand certain things are expected to have issues on certain cars/engines. I see with the N54 engine I can expect HPFP issues, Turbo wastegate wear, and valve intake buildup aside from that it seems pretty solid.

I am in Central Florida and have been looking for a used 335i/535i under 100k miles with a budget of 6k-11k max. I need a daily driver that is reliable and I am very capable with tools and instructions. Since I have not been able to find what I am looking for, I have also been looking into E46's. So far I have to change my searches to South Florida to find what I am looking for, I'm open to all advice.

I think it is really cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=Blqn0OmTAtI

BMW did this kind of out of the box thinking. Pretty creative, but impractical cuz of niggers cutting open the fabric with a knife anytimes.

Hindenburg.

>tfw e46 ownership

oh niggers did it?

I am not surprised that BMW won't build the cool shits.

Cleaned my engine bay today with a rag and degreaser, what do you think guys?

I recommend not getting a 335i as a DD unless you LOVE to wrench

i've replaced the stock twins with a single kit, dealt with DME and waterpump failure, the typical misfires which will result in you replacing all of the coils and plugs. you need to walnut blast the intake ports every 30k because the car uses direct injection, meaning no fuel touches the intake valves.

the high pressure fuel pump should already have been replaced with the revised part. it doesnt help to peek at the HPFP and run the number on it to make sure its an updated one.

you will end up replacing all of the bushings and tie rods up front, to restore that glorious new bmw road feel.

i dd mine to my wallet's detriment, but i love it and i believe its worth every penny.

injectors tend to go bad. learn how to read the part number on the 335i injectors. it can easily be done by taking off the engine cover (if present). you want "index 12" injectors. try and show up early so they have zero time to warm up the vehicle. if the car has a smooth cold start then thats great, because the cold start brings fuel injection issues to light pretty well in this car.

Those n54's have a shitload of problems man

Why not save yourself the headache and get a 530i or 330i? 335i's are cool and all but for a daily driver you want something that's not going to go balls deep in your wallet

it doesnt hurt*

Excellent, thank you guys for this input!

That is enough to push me away from 335i/535i. I was recently looking at 330i's and if those are more reliable/less headache then I will gladly focus on those models instead.

Are there any specific years I should look for?

looking at 330i/530i's*

Also what sort of mileage should I be looking for, I have been doing my best to only look at BMW's with under 100k miles. How much do I need to care about mileage on 330i/530i?

I don't think anyone will care.
No one likes z3's unless it's the clownshoe

>Called Gina
>Has a hood Vagina

I bought my 530i around 82k and it has been great since.

I would recommend 2008+ as there were a couple of small issues fixed in the jump from 07 to 08. That being said I have already dealt/am dealing with them and it has been smooth sailing so 07's are still on the table.

Ideally you want either something below 100k or something after 100k that has had all the standard 90-100k maintenance recently done to it. (Water pump & coolant hoses changed, transmission fluid changed, spark plugs)

Honestly mileage doesn't matter that much if the owner can prove that they maintained it well, these cars can go a long time.

BMW did it on purpose. U know it.

Thank you!

What am I looking at for work/maintenance that I cannot do without a lift/shop that may come up with a higher mileage/fair condition 530i?

How feasible is it for me replace the water pump, coolant hoses, transmission fluid, and spark plugs if I find one over 100k+ miles and seller cannot confirm when last replaced?

Quints confirm

No problem

Water pump and coolant hoses can be replaced without a lift/jack, same with spark plugs

Tranny flush will require a lift or jack and a pump

You shouldn't have any other problems honestly, these are bulletproof. The only problem I had in mine that couldn't be fixed easily was a passenger side occupancy sensor going bad the dealer is replacing it for free due to a recall by bmw, it's not a big deal really.

How do these look?

tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/bmw/6240161271.html

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-great-condition/6179740942.html

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/bmw-like-new-with-sport-and/6208947486.html

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/bmw-low-miles/6233674722.html

Wrong reply*

there's a reason why 330ci's hold value better than 530i's of the same era bud

Why is that?

>miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/bmw-low-miles/6233674722.html

This one is your best bet honestly

>miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/bmw-like-new-with-sport-and/6208947486.html

This one would be fine too if the owner can prove that 100k maintenance was done recently. You're paying more for a significantly higher mileage though so that's why I recommended the 04

Hell with the money you'd save you can go ahead and put mtech bumpers on it and the stock intake is better than any cold air intake kit

>miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/bmw-low-miles/6233674722.html
I will contact this one asap

>miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/bmw-like-new-with-sport-and/6208947486.html
Would you pay $6500-7000 for this if he cannot prove the 100k maintenance has been done? I assume that should be enough to cover parts but not labor

>Would you pay $6500-7000 for this if he cannot prove the 100k maintenance has been done? I assume that should be enough to cover parts but not labor

Holy moly where did you get that figure from? It doesn't cost 7k to change some spark plugs, coolant hoses, water pump and tranny fluid. At most it should be 2k altogether with labor.

Would I spend that much? Well if there were no other better deals I would probably wait a bit and see. If that were still the best deal after about a month or two then yes. Once you get the necessities out of the way it's smooth sailing.

I meant if I could buy the car between $6500-7000 and then I spend a couple hundred on parts to do the labor myself

Ahh my bad I'm pretty tired

Yeah actually I would if the first one isn't an option, that's pretty much why I recommended it to you. That m sport kit justifies it over the others because that's actually worth about 1k at least, plus it had the 2nd lowest mileage.

>soft tops are well known for leaking and ripping with age
>let us make the whole car out of the soft top material!
getting a "paint job" probably costs $30k lmfao

No problem at all, I really appreciate the assistance!

Understood, I will try in that order and only bother with the M package if the lower mileage does not work out

Can you tell me what is wrong with this?
>tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/bmw/6240161271.html

I can make many assumptions as to why not this one but not sure which are valid.

Sure
>no sport package
>slightly higher mileage
>higher price

I've heard people say that the guys who completely black out cars aren't good owners but it's not always fair to assume

God damn I my moved from Melbourne to Tennessee and I'm selling my 08 335i for 10k. But for sure you better know the inside and out of these cars or be fuckin paid. What I've found in 2 years driving is that BMWs are fun but expensive. I would recommend a different daily so you don't have to spend money on parts or repairs all the time

>power steering pump died
>no money to fix it

Thank you, that makes sense and helps greatly to understand

What have you had to replace in the past 2 years?

You're welcome my dude, hope one of those 2 ends up being your new car, I'm sure you'll have fun with it

>What I've found in 2 years driving is that BMWs are fun but expensive

If it's turbo'd, v8/v10 or e46 m3 then yes, they certainly are expensive

M is love
M is life

>GINA

youtube.com/watch?v=VdkC-R4XVjc

2008 335xi xDrive coupe
Is it really unreliable? Should I just keep looking?

Read the thread

A guy just offered this as a trade for my E30.
535i wagon

There's a fuck load of electronics in the front wheel wells you'll have a bad time.

why would you want your doors to look like a wrinkled foreskin?

looks like shit

>those wheels

nigger/10. get him to throw in the originals AND cash for an E30 swap imo.

stay jelly busrider