Restored boomermobile as a DD?

Is there any reason not to drive a restored boomer car daily? You can get these things for $15k or $30k ant they have new motors, suspensions, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because parts are hard to come by so when they break down they're down for a while

they may have "new" parts, but if they did the resto right then it's the same engine, and will require wrenching from time to time.

this was built in an era that owning a car meant working on it every so often to keep it going.

DD a 78 f150 i restored, and i like it, but it requires attention.

I dont get that meme. Unless its like an AMC or something, shits easy. Between my 66 dart and now my 53 mainline, i worried about parts. The worst part is waiting 3 days for shipping that cost more than the parts.

For OP, i think its because you can get a 72 month loan for any new car, but most banks wont do a loan for a classic, and if they do, theyll only do like a 36 month one at higher interest.

Old cars were simple but they were also temperamental. Most people had to tinker with their cars weekly

But most have been swapped to have 350s or LS1s and have nothing original except a few body panels.

Been DDing a 79 F150 and I'm starting to learn that old cars are temperamental little shits. Carb must need adjusting because it wants to sputter and die when cold or when I put it in gear.

parroting ITT as usual

if it doesn't have a carburetor then you're good, even if it was carbed it's not hard to learn how to adjust them via jewtube.

Not if you are good mechanic. The secret is: strong parts + not much power (Like over 400HP for a SBC) = will last

Just get the right diff ration too

>400hp for a SBC
How much hp for a BBC?

I've DD mine for 5 years now with no problems, it is a gas hog though.

Whats the mpg like? Assuming 350/th350 with 3.xx gears?

>8mpg about, when I switch my transmission to a 2004r I think I will get closer to 20 mpg.

550 HP easy - the 454 Stock came with about 400 IRL but 450 on the paper (Tested without manifolds, water pump, alternator)

> mfw accidental greentext

No they're not. I'm dropping in a 3.8L V6 from a 1995 Mustang into my 1969 Mustang fastback because parts for these are so dirt cheap in junkyards, and it's reliable enough to make it a daily driver.

Parts are easy to find if you live in the US, anywhere else....good luck.

Canada is good too

If period engine - Valve adjustments. Points ignition.

Yea I put a manual choke on mine to help with that, gotta love the old square bodies though.

youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

That's not a boomer car.

Parts for a mid-late 50s Chevy Bel Air are easy af to get. You can get a catalog with every single part of it new production.

>dropping in a 3.8L V6 into my 1969 Mustang fastback
Gay and fake

>3.8l v6
>1969 mustang fastback
Fuck you. At least get a 5.0.
How much did you pay for the 69 though?

You're back? I thought you got laughed off Veeky Forums for buying that completely wrecked V6 Mustang and thinking you could straighten the totally fucked unibody.