Housing

What's the cheapest house market in the States?

I'm a student looking to rent a place and eventually buy, where are the cheapest houses/apartments in the US right now?

I was thinking Oregon but I've heard the prices are starting to rise now.

Other urls found in this thread:

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/apa/5972513128.html
zillow.com/homes/for_sale/fsba,fsbo_lt/house_type/1-_beds/1-_baths/500-20000_price/2-77_mp/0-100_hoa/pricea_sort/59.623325,-74.179688,25.918526,-129.155274_rect/4_zm/0_mmm/
chicagotribune.com/business/ct-chicago-home-prices-worst-1202-20161201-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nebraska, Idaho, Wyoming, West Virginia, South Dakota. Mississippi and Alabama are cheap too.

Basically the places where nobody wants to live.

Oregon isn't cheap, neither is Alaska or anything else on the west coast.

Cheapest house markets are in areas where the job market is shit

Nebraska apparently has 2.5% unemployment and a 9usd minimum salary according to Google.

Sounds pretty decent to me.

>What's the cheapest house market in the States?
I've got the perfect place for you bruh
detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/apa/5972513128.html

is that guy fucking serious?

What kind of fucking picture is this

thats called a sitting room. were you raised by wolves

The beautiful thing is that a 2 bed apartment is not much more expensive.

you want to deal with noisy neighbors? and apartment buildings have bedbugs in that area trust me you want a house

In that area you want a house to get the fuck out.

Car*

Depends, are you fine with being a slumlord? Or do you want respectable tenants in respectable neighborhoods?

The latter. Tbh I've never gotten out of my state.

What's wrong with the ones mentioned?

It's fucking NEBRASKA.

They're all states with either very low population densities (so no cities where big corporations have their offices, i.e. yuppie jobs), economically depressed, or just politically ass backwards and corrupt.

What is it about Nebraska? :^(

any real estate fags want to let me in on what the catch is?

Looks like an interrogation room lmao

Maybe the title is fucked or it has backtaxes or something.

I'd buy that shit and become a NEET right now otherwise.

Someone told me about this before, usually there is a ton of back property taxes on the property, so when you purchase the property for 15k it then has 4 or 5 times that in property taxes

Or it is awful on the inside, dead foundation, deadly mold, used to be a crack house?

Who knows!

The cheapest house market was 2009 after the crash.

location.

look, places that are selling for $15k are in towns where you're not going to find work. where your neighbors are applesauce-sucking morons. where they still burn people for being witches.

If Trump manages to clean up inner cities with better job opportunities and getting rid of drugs, those sub 50k shitholes right near downtown will be 200k in a few years.

Fucking lol'd

Live on the coasts man. Anything between California and Pennsylvania is American Siberia.

There's an apartment building in Chicago on 69th and California I can get you for $1

If you are just looking for cheap, Detroit is it. But you don't want cheapest, even though you say you do.

What you also want are a ton of other things you haven't mentioned or even thought about which will drive the prices up.

Check with county about the taxes.

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/fsba,fsbo_lt/house_type/1-_beds/1-_baths/500-20000_price/2-77_mp/0-100_hoa/pricea_sort/59.623325,-74.179688,25.918526,-129.155274_rect/4_zm/0_mmm/

There are some 400-1000 houses.

However, don't expect much.

Chicago is the best bargain in real estate right now IMO. The housing market is currently depressed due to all of the crime hype and a slow recovery from the recession. However, as long as you aren't a giant pussy or someone with kids the crime is a non issue on a day to day basis. You can legally carry there now and the murders are almost completely isolated to young drug dealers in like three neighborhoods. Once the crime situation stabalizes (and it will) prices will shoot right back up and you'll make a tidy profit. It's the perfect place to buy low/sell high right now, and it's actually a fun city to live in. Just avoid the red/orange and you'll be fine.

chicagotribune.com/business/ct-chicago-home-prices-worst-1202-20161201-story.html

What's the best area in Chicago to buy that's relatively cheap and close enough to all the good shit? Keep in mind, I'm a theaterfag.

There's tons of

I disagree...
Idaho, and South Dakota should not be on that list.

Yes you can find cheap housing, but would you want to live there?

Every state has shitholes, like Washington has Abeerdeen and Centralia.
California has Eureka, Redding, Red Bluff, Sacramento.

Oregon/Washington have decent weather all year round, well better than 90% of the USA if you don't mind rain.

missouri
town may be dieing/rust belt

He can't. The problems are cultural and demographic.

Thats retard talk.

If its culture, then there would be no poor whites, no rich blacks, no rich/poor/average asians.

The smart countries look at the problem of poverty and violence through economics means. When the economy is strong in the city, people will behave nicely. When its shit, people have nothing to lose.

In the same position as OP. Inherited around 240k and theres no breadwinenr in the house (19 live w mom and little brother n sister) so inwas thinking about buying a real cheap house and continuing schooling. I know Colombus OH is starting to gain traction on the market. Theres lots of cheap places in NY too

OP here. I have some 500$ to my name and my dad's gf might help me pay for an up to 800$ place for a bit until I get a job.

Guess it could be worst.

If you're a theatrefag, then you could have to live on the north side, which is quite expensive across the board. In that map, I live in #28.

But the housing market right now is booming and I expect it's about to burst within the next couple of years. You could have gotten a really good deal a few years ago.

I live in a pretty shitty neighborhood and they've been building new units pretty aggressively for reasons I do not understand. Most of the foreclosures fr the recession now have been bought up, so it's hard to find a deal anymore, and because of all the new construction prices keep rising. I had a place across the street from me start at $70k bank sale two years ago and them just sold a few months that ago for $190k. 2bdrm condo in newish building, in shitty neighborhood but close to train and downtown.

Off the top of your head name one city... no, one named place in Nebraska, right now. You have one second.

Don't worry about taxes or inside. I'm friends with Tony he's busy, talk to me. I could put you in that house no problem. Why don't you make an offer now? What can you pull together in cash? I could meet you there this week and the house is yours. What day/time works for you?

Omaha
Lincoln

That took you almost 13 minutes. Fail.

That said, Omaha is a nice place, tbqh.

I wasn't even the guy you were asking.

I spent a night in Omaha once. It wasn't that awful, defintely not a major city though, but I wouldn't mind living there for a few years

It's in Missouri

probably foundation but idk (where is it in Missouri)

Chicago will have to drastically raise property taxes to pay for their insolvent pension system. This will destroy house prices and is starting to be priced in.

Who the fuck in their right mind would want to live within 100 miles of Chicago?

Feral niggers everywhere, spics, lib cucks, just nuke it from orbit

SPACIOUS bedroom with tv!

What's up with fuller park?

damn that place comes with free tires in the yard
i am sold

i don't like living near niggers (blacks are fine)

No chitown for me. Also the midwest is scum. Rather be in los angeles desu.

Detroit

It still has a lot of high density housing projects. Most large housing projects in the city have since been torn down.

What are the best cheap places to rent in Florida? I was looking at a place in Hollywood and a couple in the Northeast, but I don't know what the crime rates are likw.

>Ctrl+F
>no Kansas
Sadly Wichita is the only city.

>Every state has shitholes, like Washington has Abeerdeen and Centralia.
>California has California.
fixd

Any of you want to join in on the investent opportunity of a lifetime?

lol its like once your eyes are physically beaten into submission by the horrifying image set before them, the next thing they are immediately drawn to is NICE

detroit and flint are pretty cheap I've heard

haha they're really stretching the meaning of the word "nice"