/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Never

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/essential
strawpoll.me/12925478
wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI
skyrimshot.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77928/?
reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1x8k4c/immersion_mod_list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>finally get to try out ebony bikini
Breddy gud, but I wish there was an Ebony Gorget that didn't cover the mouth. I also have to mix it with the Ebokini because the tops have clipping issues no matter which of the different bodies I made for her that I use.

I'll post the shots I took but then I gotta get back to grinding FFXIV.

>tfw am never going to get to start my new play through

uh

I haven't played Skyrim and done any modding in a while. Is there an up-to-date and comprehensive guide to stability somewhere? Or is it still a game of balancing scripts, textures, mods, and crossed fingers? Any top mods that I should avoid for script bloat?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

>SKSE
>ENB
>USLEEP
>Clean ya mods
>Crash Fixes + SKSE Preloader
>turn crash fixes on ya dingus
>Bug Fixes

Sorry for stealing the first post. I literally just took these, I swear... ; ~ ;

Uh, hi...

Yes, and what gives you that feeling? Describe the feeling.

tesgeneral.com/essential

Play SE. :^)

pure and unbridled rage

Only one more after this one, please forgive me. I'll be gone again before you know it.

>stealing the first post.
>Sorry
>... ; ~ ;

Okay, bye now /tesg/. Take care and be nice to each other!

>I wish there was an Ebony Gorget that didn't cover the mouth
Funny, I actually wish it came up higher. It doesn't really cover enough compared to gorgets in other sets.

post preset.

Ah hey Bryn, good to see you're doing well.
i need to get ebokini for my waifu, dayum

I like the way it looks, it just doesn't fit the aesthetic I'm going for with her. I think it'd look great on a more agile and maybe stealth oriented character. It looks cool for sure, just not what I want is all. What I want is more of a collar I guess. I had the harness on too but I wasn't a fan of the metal plate that's at the top of the chest. I didn't mind it at first until I noticed it was somewhat asymmetrical.

Th-Thanks. Bye now for real. I need to get back to grinding unfortunately.

strawpoll.me/12925478
anyone not on the poll is a literally who/not relevant anymore or only has one character in the roster album

Immersive Saturation Boost or Enhanced Saturation? Which one gives more saturation?

I need new eyes, these eyes are now done

Works pretty well, thought the speed of the camera I suppose it the only issue.

Now I just need to learn how to into FOV and then figure out why my screenshots are darker than they looked in-game.

user it's the year 2017, get ENB or at least SweetFX

My computer is too shitty for ENB

Anyone know a way I can do the Forbidden Legend quest without having to do the College of Winterhold?

The character I'm RPing would never join the College, and my understanding is the only way into Saarthal is through the college. I can console unlock the front door but theres puzzles inside that require scripting from the npcs that come with you.

Any suggestions? Should I just noclip my way through it to the item? I guess I could try to RP away the puzzle and say I found it open or something...

You can use the console to advance the college quest without actually playing it

just levitate up to the back door
if you can't levitate, yous a bitch

You should use ENB for ENBoost if nothing else. What are your specs, exactly?

not that user but what is ENBoost?
Does it do less than what an ENB would o?

Try Reshade then. Not sure if it works with Skyrim or not though.

All ENB binaries after .200 include ENBoost. It is the stability enhancing portion of ENB.

Wew.
Can any of them run on toasters? Do you have a recommended binary?

AMD-A6-6400K 3.9GHz
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon R7 200

ENBoost can run on anything because it doesn't force any graphical effects, it's only a memory management and stability tool. Get the newest binary and disable the graphics in enblocal, then configure the memory settings properly and boom you got ENBoost without any framerate loss.

>recommended binary
Always the latest. You should have ENB installed for ENBboost, no matter the system.

>200
Which one, exactly?

>initially meant to restrict myself to 50 mods so that I wouldn't go overboard
>go to /tesg/ website for essentials
>end up with 205 mods

Why did you do this to me /tesg/?

No clue. It just says AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

>only 205

You gotta dig deeper

What if I just want an ENB that still looks kind of okay, like some coloring and something that makes the everything not look shit and vanilla and uses a color palette?
I've never used the GUI because that thing is fucking weird, but if you insist..

Honestly my old builds had around 300-350 but I really cut back with all the weapon/armor mods this time. I want to have an immersive run not collect Tera armors.

I must have all armor that fit UUNP and has bodyslide support.
I just want variety.

Also post hood and armor mod. I like hoods that don't make my character bald.

Hi guys. I'm reinstalling Skyrim LE after 3 years. Is TK Dodge the go-to dodge mod?

Also, will Wildcat and Immersive Citizens work together?

No biggie. I suggest ENBoost only. Read wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI on how to configure it either way.

If you install an ENB preset together with the newer binaries, you will automatically make use of ENBoost, so select a preset and go to town.

skyrimshot.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html
TK dodge got waaaay better.

Believe it or not these are all the armor mods I have besides the re-texture ones. From what I remember Immersive Armor has basically everything I need considering the run I'm planning; and with the crafting overhaul I should get a pretty realistic feel.

Okay but all those presets are made for not my computer.
Do you have anything that will work on a shit 5 year lappy using a Radeon

This should be helpful if you want immersive stuff:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77928/?

and

reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1x8k4c/immersion_mod_list/

The the ones tagged for shit computers in the tesg site. I've no real experience using toaster ENBs, but try those. If you don't like 'em, you can try more demanding presets and turning off some of their effects like DOF and ambient occlusion.

Honestly the three biggest immersion components for me are: NPC's (Interesting NPC's, Expanded Dialogue), audio (Immersive Sounds Compendium), and the ENB (which I hope I can make work.

Minor things like limiting carry weight/potion effectiveness/combat suckiness is also pretty crucial.

Well I installed the latest ENB binary with what I'm assuming is everything off.
And got like 15 FPS. Probably around the right FPS for my normal one, but the framepacing seems okay.

The game kinda just looks like the vanilla game with some slight detail and specularity.
I'll try the website then.

>ava taking 3rd place and kicking clones out of the top 5
well that is unexpected

Thats a thicc goat.

Ingame, you can toggle the whole grapical part of ENB by pressing SHIFT+F12. You can also open it's configuration menu with SHIFT+ENTER. Those are the default values set in enblocal.ini , which you should personalize.

What year is it in your game, /tesg/? If you started playing the game in say 2012, do you consider the year in your characters' timeline to be 4E 206?

I don't worry too much about that

Do I need another modding program to make Enhanced First Person Camera work? I'm using NMM right now but do I need to use Loot or something to get it to run properly?

That's some fuckin teamwork, Njada! Thanks!

>/tesg/ suddenly hates clones
wtf?

>nmm

>unironically playing SSE

It is merely a SKSE plugin, so SKSE is obviously required.

>nmm
user...thats a big no no

Thanks

how do you know hes playin sse?

It looks like it. If I'm wrong, he sure is using one godawful ENB.

I dont really care about the "SSE IS A MEME" stuff. SSE works great for me. Yea I don't get an ENB but the game looks decent enough and enough of the mods I care about work.

Oh no, I can't overly saturate and add an offensive level amount of DOF while I watch a beachball titted futa to get fucked by a dragon. Woe is me.

I'll be fine with SSE

I really don't like thinking of actual years and stuff to my timeline.

Stuff just happens.

Well okay, at least you understand you're on the worst version. I still can't fathom why you would willingly put yourself through using the worst version, though.

Okay senpai.

I got
>Phinix ENB
>Saraan Sum ENB
>Cinematic Lighting ENB
>Sakado Cinemascope
>Clarity ENB

Figured. Just a whole bunch of values and settings I don't understand what does what though. Will an ENB preset fll some of these in on its own?

Armor mod?

I meant to ask, "which one of these would be good to use if I'd like some decent color and no shitty camera effects

> worst

that's a strange way to spell best

What's so good about it?

I hate this ebin. Her primary color hair and bad smile make me want to rape her

Check their respective mod pages for screenshots. Don't worry about camera effects and whatnot, most can be turned off ingame easily.

Anyway, I'd give clarity a shot first since it looks the latest and you can edit some postprocessing effects in game, like color vibrancy.

64 bit addressing for plugins is enough for anyone who runs a bunch of plugins.

Sure it's not getting SKSE, but there's a bunch of good mods that have gone back to the way things were pre-SKSE and provide a bunch of great content with the added stability of 64 bit. This allows for FAR more memory usage and tons more high res 4k textures for EVERYWHERE.

Is there any mod that changes how lockpicking works or am I stuck with this god awful version forever?

Clarity comes with its own D3D9.
Should I overwrite the ENB I have - which is the latest - or replace it?

*blocks your path*

Nice ring you have there.

Wanna to tell me where you found it?

You can get spells to unlock, you can get mods that enable you to bash the locks if your skill is high enough. Or you can get a mod that makes them harder and/or gives them a skill requirement for each tier. There's a skse plugin that enables you to autounlock them. And a UI mod that gives you a cheat bar that shows where the sweet spot is. There are no 'go from one minigame type to another', though.

>64 bit addressing for plugins is enough for anyone who runs a bunch of plugins
Too bad SSE doesn't even HAVE a bunch of plugins. It has a handful, if I'm being generous.
>there's a bunch of good mods that have gone back to the way things were pre-SKSE and provide a bunch of great content
What are you talking about? Neutered versions of pre-existing mods that were ported over without MCM and full features? There's been nothing new or noteworthy for SSE exclusives omitting a dagger mod.
>added stability of 64 bit. This allows for FAR more memory usage and tons more high res 4k textures for EVERYWHERE.
ENB exists, but you probably forgot because SSE's does fucking nothing. With that and the other memory patches that have come out, Oldrim has the tools to be just as stable if not moreso than SSE.

God damn it, guess I'll just use lock bashing or something then, thanks.

Large Addressing patches to a 32 bit executable are NOT a substitute for a native 64 bit application

I know that feel. I was going to go with just immersive weapons and armors, all the quest mods I can do, and a decent enb that can play even on toasters.

Here I am with 210 mods, gone full autist immersive, and looking for an ENB I can screenshot with as well as play at a decent 60fps.

No it's not, but it has the same end result (not crashing ever).

between your girlfriend's thighs, buddy

Make an empty folder anywhere and dump everything in the clarity ENB archive in it. Rename enblocal.ini inside it, then extract d3d9.dll (clarity doesn't have this), enbhost.exe and enblocal.ini into the folder and overwrite if prompted. Edit enblocal.ini according to wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI , except edit [PROXY] to look like:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=shift.dll

Now copy paste the contents of this folder into the Skyrim folder, where the executables are located.

Save the enblocal.ini you've configured for future use with other presets. The only preset dependant setting in it is [PROXY], which you edit by checking either the preset's mod page, it's readme or follow the example in the enblocal.ini provided with the preset. Never use the enblocal.ini from someone else.

o-oh..
I thought it was just a copy/paste job or a simple tweak.
Not gonna lie, these never ENBs scare me. Think I might go back to my normal one..

newer*

It basically is a copy-paste job the second time. You make this folder so that when you want to clean uninstall your ENB, you can merely copy everything from it into the skyrim folder again and press delete. Configuring enblocal.ini is vital if you want to make your game as stable as possible. If you have specific questions there's no need to be shy.

Well I kinda already fucked up then because I'd already copy-pasted it into the directory.
Do I have to fucking file hunt?

I don't mind but.. eh.
Also I don't need MO for anything do I?
I don't have it.

she'll just end up liking it because that's how she express love. Blame her Orc father figure

It's not a problem. As you do this time and time again you'll understand. I just make the process somewhat longer so that it's more understandable. Anyway, if you extracted the clarity enb folder into the skyrim folder, now extract the d3d9.dll , enbhost.exe and enblocal.ini from enbseries_skyrim_v0308.zip into the same folder. Open up enblocal.ini and edit [PROXY] to read:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=shift.dll

And set the other variables as instructed on wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI

So I clearly need to work on expressions; I have an idea of what I want to put on her face, but it never looks quite right. Might be the eyes, I have Honey Eyes on, but maybe I need a mod to alter the eye normalmaps for the shine? I dunno.

Maybe I oughta reduce reflections or image based lighting too; the distorted reflection of her face in the catsuit is killing me, here. I mean, I like 'em shiny and reflective, but it seems just a smidge off to me, here.

I forgot to mention that I got these proxy settings from the enblocal.ini packed with Clarity ENB. As mentioned before, if you're ever installing another preset, you should edit the proxy to read as instructed by the author of the preset.

3.08 is already extracted to the Skyrim directory, is that alright? I think I get everything else though. using the Wrapper version if that matters.

Holy mother of tiddie monsters.

Anyone got a good female dunmer ECE preset lying around. Can't make a decent character if my life depended on it.

Yes, that is fine. Make sure that all 3 mentioned files came from the archive that I mentioned. Sometimes, authors pack the .exe and enblocal.ini with the preset, and it's okay to overwrite.

Surely it can't be that ba--
SWEET FANCY MOSES LOOKIT THOSE BAZOOMS

It does not have the .exe.
Alright I'll just pluck these files and drop them into the folder..

So after I do that and fuck with the three settings, what the hell do I do with that link you provided.
Do I do all of those things? Or only some of them?

Admittedly I was told much later on that it's best to avoid eye shine drawn onto the eye because it can make the character look a little crosseyed. If you'd like I can edit a version of that eye without the shine on the diffuse to see how you like it.

The nose needs some real attention, I'm on the fence about the lips, the idea is good but it looks like some vertices need smoothing and realigning. More shots are necessary, perhaps from an angle that is level with the character's face? I'm trying to decide if her lips are too close to her nose, but like I said it could be the angle.