/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #78

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Artificial Reproduction Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR:Automata Strategy Guide Content and Concert Spoilers]
pastebin.com/RiMtWAns

>[NieR:Automata Novellas] - Full Translations
mintychu.dreamwidth.org/

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

>[Drakengard 1,2,3+Chip tunes]
mega.nz/#!uYNw2RSR!1o1NmDIIik6nb3YPZWwTIVWHHglCQK18DiLAKXpvrqM

>[Nier+Remix albums+Piano Collection]
mega.nz/#!7dNlQa5Y!r8NsLOq044JoNM6-V1oSzXGNDb3h6_wAAgfXi0xYd_g

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rikoren.dreamwidth.org/158331.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DgWqpOpYaTM
pastebin.com/kJx42ddA
ameblo.jp/ishikawa-yui/entry-12272623933.html
archiveofourown.org/works/10703856/chapters/23709516
youtube.com/watch?v=UI04ZtgY0X0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

new thread finally

Canon

>Make your choice
>2B
>9S

>Complete the E ending
>Day after, decide to thank everyone who's save helped in the final sequence
>No recent players on Steam
>Can't remember their names

>"You may never get any thanks for sacrificing your save data."

To anyone and everyone who sacrificed their save file, even if they had nothing to do with me, thank you.

>Adam and Eve managed to reunite after becoming a part of 9S' memory

I want to be like Nines!
CANON COUPLE

>If you choose 2B, 9S will suicide for 2B
>If you choose 9S, 9S will suicide for 2B
9S will asspull himself to life when 2B will start crying.
The [E]nd.

Loved the asspull, usually i hate that kind of things, but OMG the boy is fucking insane for her, the asspull was funny.
9HuSbando.

>even if something bad happens after ending E, 9S will ALWAYS bullshit his way back to 2B because their love is eternal and their prayers will always be answered by players
Honestly concert ending only made E better.

>the boy is fucking insane for her
but does she love him back the same way?

She dies from grief if she's unable to be with him.

She was willing to let him kill her.

Yup, she gave him her sword and told him to kill her, the faggot took the sword and sliced his own throat in front of her lol...nice blood shower.

>Digs through rubble even though body is in shambles
>Keeps digging even after she's lost sensation
>Begins to die from despair
I think do

Is the DLC relevant storywise?

She was fucking broken, and destroyed her hands digging the tower.
9S I hope you are willing to do mantainance on her....

I mean she just had enough of her shitty job and wanted to die.
It was more guilt than grief

okay okay, I am just messing with you.
I know that she loved him from the very beginning.

This whole concert ending is a giant setup for massive healing.
>tender maintenance sessions in that resistance camp room while pods are fishing
>9S making sure that her hands are warm to touch yet again
>both of them opening up their hearts to each other while nobody is there to interfere anymore

Yeah no problem, I never took your comment as something bad
Its a shame that we never saw 2B expressing herself freely, she sure is cute as hell.
Hell yes, I cried when I read the happy ending. They really deserve that.

I want a writer-user to do a post-concert fic starting with 9S carrying almost dead 2B(reversal end of Adam fight) to the resistance camp while all she could do is murmur "Nines...".
And then

yeah. I hated the idea of the double happy ending at first but it just too good not to love it.

I doubt anyone would be autistic enough to help but here goes:
Does anyone know where these come from?
rikoren.dreamwidth.org/158331.html
They were obviously never translated, but they don't appear in any of the drakengard books I own. I doubt they are from the novelization, and I am not aware of the artbook having short stories in it, but it might be.
They obviously aren't from the official guide since I own that, and they aren't in there.
I'm going crazy trying to figure this out honestly

Is this the "happiest" Taro game? Was this an apology for the maximum suffering in all the other games, or is it just because Platinum and a more mainstream audience?

My bretheren. Post more /u/droids.

by Taro's words, he didn't want to end it happily. But his characters btfo and he made a story about eternal love at the end instead. It worked.

He did it to avoid being predictable, since everyone that is familiar with his work was expecting another "Death & Despair" ending

It's a story of love so powerful that it transcended even the fucking author himself.

I don't envy SiNoAlice cast, though. Something tells me there won't be a way to bullshit out of that one. Or maybe he will make the player an author those cute girls are fighting for.

It's because the characters aren't humans so he treats them better.

Is this game worth picking up for someone who hasn't played any of the previous games? Want to know if I'll be completely lost with anything happening in the story.

You can watch the cutscenes on youtube for the previous games and not miss much besides a few lines of additional dialogue, you only really need to watch Nier 1

>It's a story of love so powerful that it transcended even the fucking author himself.
And he got his chances to make them suffer in the supplemental materials with some kind of alternate ending or whatnot.
But no - he mostly added lore to cement the love story aspect even more and even make it the main theme of the game.
Even concert ending could easily be sad but it wasn't.

*I am not crying you're crying*

He also re-tweeted fanart of 2B and 9S being cute and said that he's sad because he can't write something as sweet as this.

Feels like his partnership with Platinum changed him a lot. Forced out of his usual shell. I watched the streams with VA and i couldn't believe how passionate all of them were about this game. And honestly his happy or at least bittersweet stuff is miles ahead of edgelord stuff so i'm hopeful he will keep experimenting with his own formula without going back to being a complete cunt to his characters.

Maybe we can give the prompt to some writers in AO3, I gave 2 to one of them and he/she delivered all lol

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Caim and Angel will be my Taro OTP, but Tubii/9s is one of the strongest I've seen, even in current media as a whole. I feel like, for once, it's the fans that make it obnoxious when in game and side content, it's well paced and sweet.

>Start a new run on hard mode.
>Get knocked down by bridge.

This is not a good sign of things to come.

Is there any way to open the door between the Pascal village and the castle? I'm on the castle side, I thought I would be able to open it once I reached this side but I can't see any device. Tried to hit it with a boar but nothing. Please don't tell me I should have made the giant robot hit it or something because I already killed it.

I don't want to go on without saving, if possible.

>He also re-tweeted fanart of 2B and 9S being cute and said that he's sad because he can't write something as sweet as this.
it was also the day concert ending was "leaked" so there is that

I mean they got a real dream team of passionate people working on this game. From Saito and P* to MONACA and actual VA's. Even English VAs are passionate about the game.
No shit he changed his mind with the ending and was absolutely right.

>Tubii/9s is one of the strongest I've seen, even in current media as a whole.
can't agree enough with that.

>it's the fans that make it obnoxious
well, we didn't have any not canon wars in like 4 days since the new side material got translated. Because suddenly denying facts is hard.

It's just going to be you watching cute chinese cartoon girls slowly go insane and/or die.
And it's going to be beautiful.

> concert ending
the what now? what did i miss?

It happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=DgWqpOpYaTM

> what did i miss?
a lot
pastebin.com/kJx42ddA

Who wants 2b my 2B?

oh wow 2b's voice actress is a qt

A2 and 9S relationships from concert script are fucking hilarious. It's like a younger brother and older sister annoying the fuck out of each other. Hopefully A2 will stick around or show up once in a while with both of them warming up to each other, especially when A2 will see how happy 2B is.

Which one?

yo where have you been nigga

I thought most of the writers are lurking here

A2 is most likely closer to #2 than 2B so that is why they act like this with each other.

Not canon

The cute one

She's also a really good VA. Her emotional moments were great.
It's like someone took the only good thing about Mikasa from SNK and made an actually good character from it.

>An in game screenshot isn't canon.

L-lewd. though I gotta wonder, what is it with JP live action and their lack of wigs all the time?

There's some maneuver room with Nier because YorHa members and androids have different hair colors and styles as a whole. But I actually find myself shocked when effort is put into a well done wig like the DanganRonpa stage play.

I'm afraid I don't follow.

Anyone?

you used to hang out in the drakenguard general we had back when 3 was out remember?

Correct. It's screenshot framed in a not canon way

Yoko Taro linked her blog post about the concert on twitter ameblo.jp/ishikawa-yui/entry-12272623933.html
you should check it out

So both?

>Maybe we can give the prompt to some writers in AO3
be more specific :0

All this 2B9S love!

2B9S Smut writer! She did all of our requests.
archiveofourown.org/works/10703856/chapters/23709516

Oh that. Uh- around? I steep myself into a fandom for a time, and will move on when I run myself dry. Nier has my attention for now but there's so much new stuff I'll eventually drift along.

A shame nothing came of Cavia High. Stock backgrounds are quite easy to get off pixiv now. I hate myself for lacking the artistic talent to replicate the style of whoever drew for Drakengard 1-2. Fan projects are always fun but I'm entirely against the idea of making it look like garbage as an end result.

Nope, that would only be possible if you're using some very sick definition of "cute".

I'm not sure. I don't know why they turned two lolis into one either.

That's a rude thing to say, user

I thought you were DEAD, it seems like this idiot asspulled himself from dead too.

What do you mean? N2 is two girls in the stage play as well

LOL this is so perfect. I need to screenshot it.

A4 is best girl!

I've been playing a bunch of Titanfall 2 the past few days so I kinda forgot about this general. Doesn't really help I usually browse like 3-5 generals at a time.

Stop posting like a female

Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior, Kierkegaard?

>I don't envy SiNoAlice cast, though. Something tells me there won't be a way to bullshit out of that one.

Just watched the English-subbed trailers on Youtube. Definitely no happy endings for anyone there.

youtube.com/watch?v=UI04ZtgY0X0

The background music is beautiful though.

post like male yourself

I said stop

Kiloueka (open the memory cage) is already working on 5 fics lol. I dont see mayofish writing something without smut so for a post ending E with 9S carrying 2B we cant count on her (unless we want hot and cute sex at the end). Crytarmiun is working on another smut (holy shit, everybody wants them to fuck). Dont know if someone here wants to write something full of cute healing and love

Holy shit this is going to end ugly unless player can assume the role of Author and save at least one of them in the end.

no

Soren Aabye Kierkegaard?

I see no reason why it can't be both
> write something full of cute healing and love
>unless we want hot and cute sex at the end

>Titanfall
Guys, I found the problem.....

>Crytarmiun
I gave her the idea of the 2B survives/9S doesn't in Ending C fic. She haven't posted it to AO3 tho, but it's on tumblr.

Explain further.

there's a bunch of actual girls here

titanfall and mass effect andromeda are on the same launcher. Coincidence? I think not.

B-but its lewd!! And they are not going to fuck 1 hour after waking up...or are they?

androidkisser reporting in

Like 90% of coupleposters are female. Also, females have a more feminine way of posting.

Yup. We're 9S husbando fags. At least I am.

Please write it for us!

hold up there lads, titanfall 2 is decent
lets not shit on mah boy BT

Well, I just got it recently since it was on sale. Never played an fps before and I heard Titanfall 2 had a good campaign so I figured why not. The campaign was pretty whatever, just felt like an action movie. The pvp titan battles are pretty fun though.

That man is no god.

OMFG REALLY? I LOVE YOU. Can you write
please? I read Nocturne a couple of days ago and forgot to leave a comment but I loved how you portrayed 9S, he was really angry.End of the Unknown was the first 2B9S fanfiction I read when i finished the game and cried a lot ;_; it was awesome

>Like 90% of coupleposters are female.
Like 90% of female posters are males.

she is barely alive, it will take more than 1 hour to fix a condition like this.

I will give you the reason there, i actually played the game in my little cousin PS4 and was good, but just good. Nothing awesome

Yeah, I can work on that, just let me finish my 6O sidestory tomorrow then I'll get right on it
Thank you btw!

>Like 90% of female posters are males.
I don't mean people who claim to be female. I'm referring to the fact that coupleposters post in very feminine ways and are most likely female.

Yup yup me too, i faped to him yesterday should i kill myself? ;_; i am a sinner